Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 10, 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
Yukimura is trying his best to keep the group stable and together but man, this is looking rough on his group. It seems he's having hard time in the position of a leader.

Kiyotaka also took on an important role this episode as his observation and intuition leads him make an investigation. Pretty tense episode imo. It seems this season, they want to see potentials of various characters and Yukimura has to improve.

Jan 10, 5:58 AM

May 2020
There are few things people should just leave as it is. These are those things you can’t do much about, and the existence of Koenji in this series is one such thing. Been over two seasons now but the guy is working with the same vocabulary and the same, “ I do I and you do you” way. Heck this time even his own team members have left him on his own.

Though that being that, and they doing the best they could despite somewhat lacking Keisei and the presence of people like Ishizaki, this team still held on its own, at the very least they all reconciled, to the point where the scoring areas they needed to give their best in… they somehow barely managed. But that is of minimal meaning here, I mean given the way studio adapted this whole part, there’s literally no meaning left to the amount of hard work they put in.

THEY ADAPTED THE WHOLE OF VOLUME 8 IN JUST TWO EPISODES… ONLY TWO FUCKING EPISODES LOL. I felt like I was watching a highlight reel, and that too only of the meaningful points this arc had… heck even not that tbh. They just randomly jumped to the Tachibana expulsion part without giving any context whatsover, just assuming the viewers have seen a dream about the same and are aware with the know-hows.... what??????

Then Manabu saved her and that's it. Rest is upto viewers imagniation. Anywas, I'm wondering how they managed to save a screen time for Ayanokouji and Karuizawa's, "If I was ever in that situation what will you do" thing. Who cares about shipping when you can't adapt the most basic things properly lol.

Horrendous start for this season. Also, T-Rex? Not when this studio is doing things.
Softhenic03Jan 10, 6:09 AM
Jan 10, 5:58 AM

Dec 2021
I can't help but feel for Yukimura. He ended up with possibly the worst group to lead.

Yukimura, the one in charge of Ayanokoji's group, was having a hard time keeping everyone together. Ishizaki was always pushing back, and Koenji did things his own way, making the atmosphere pretty tense. On the other hand, Ayanokoji decided to do something on his own to gather info from a fellow student. And in the midst of all this, a shift started happening within the group, sparked by a conversation about Class A's Hashimoto.

Saw someone mention on Twitter that now we're not even following the 3 episodes = 1 volume rule; it's down to 2 episodes = 1 volume. They really rushed through volume 8, and while I get that it's considered one of the worst volumes, adapting 220 pages in a single episode (the last one) is just crazy to me. I loved season 1, and though it wasn't the best adaptation, I never thought it would take such a downturn. I'm assuming they wrapped up volume 8 in this episode, but I could be wrong.

My last hope for this season to be a somewhat decent adaptation has pretty much disappeared.

Jan 10, 6:04 AM

Apr 2021
Koenji's a really interesting character. I hope we get to know him more later on in the story. Also, the group finally get along with each other.

That said, it looks like the mixed training camp arc is pretty much over. That went by really quickly, lol. The one part that I did like was probably the long-distance relay.
Jan 10, 6:05 AM

Jan 2020
I'm surprised they adapted mixed training camp arc in just two episodes, just wow. Yukimura could have done well in leading the group but he had a tough time in doing so, unfortunately.

I like that new ED tho.
RaiYouJan 10, 6:14 AM

Jan 10, 6:16 AM
Jul 2023
Patented Ayanokoji Rizz is still unbeatable.
Jan 10, 6:26 AM

May 2021
Nice ED. Although I still don't like the pacing, I gotta thank the staff for making Vol 8 only two episodes. Well, looking forward for the adaption of Vol 9.
Jan 10, 6:32 AM
Feb 2019
Smart of them to cover Volume 8 in 2 episodes with better stuff in the later volumes
Jan 10, 6:33 AM
Sep 2015
I'm not gonna pretend that I understand the game, or whatever they're playing, but I understand their emotions.
Jan 10, 6:39 AM

Feb 2021
Btw the title in Japanese is ようこそ実力至上主義の教室へ (Yōkoso Jitsuryoku Shijō Shugi no Kyōshitsu e) - literally "welcome to the classroom of meritocrats" or "welcome to the classroom of supreme ability doctrine"

Koenji is on another level, how tf did he beat a wild boar lmao. Tsukasa approves.
I like the previous OP more, but the visuals in this one are just *chef's kiss*. Especially the part where Ayanokoji points a finger gun at his head and then it transitions to a chess piece being shot.
The ED is focused on Arisu, nice. It's called 今世大革命 - "this generation great revolution"
I feel like they adapted a whole volume in these two episodes. And it feels like nothing really happened, well except some bonding between characters.
I was spoiled about the T-Rex scene a long time ago and was really looking forward to it, but it was skipped. Oh well.

Oh, and: Family
Jan 10, 6:49 AM

Apr 2022
my guy took down a boar, wow. what the heck was that koenji jumping off aa cliff animation lol. some group bonding though.
Jan 10, 6:58 AM

Mar 2015
Koenji really does carry this show, how can one man be so GOATed?

Rest of the show is still REALLY funny (not for the right reasons but still), I'm not sure why anyone goes along with the bullshit rules this "school" has but I guess it makes for an entertaining series
Jan 10, 7:00 AM
Jul 2020
Enel- said:

Rest of the show is still REALLY funny (not for the right reasons but still), I'm not sure why anyone goes along with the bullshit rules this "school" has but I guess it makes for an entertaining series

Not a bad start to season 3
Jan 10, 7:03 AM
Dec 2020
This volume is so rushed, but i think they save the pacing for the next volumes
Jan 10, 7:08 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to Enel-

@Enel- There are rules that are available for Light Novels, but that are extremely limited for anime, or almost none at all.
Jan 10, 7:34 AM

May 2021
Reply to Enel-

@Enel-
The setting of the school is much more developed and fleshed out in the LN, along with the rules. Sadly the anime makes the school seem kind of like a joke
Jan 10, 7:46 AM
Aug 2022
Ayanokoji Rizzed moments were amazing 🤩.
can we ever meet real life ayanokoji? probably not 😂
Jan 10, 7:48 AM
Sep 2020
They adapted the 1st year 8 volumes into just 2-3 episodes... I was disappointed with some of the plots which were executed in a complex way, if I hadnt read the light novel, I might have questioned every detail.
Jan 10, 7:48 AM
Oct 2021
wont say much, but it seems like a war, where everyone is trying to bleed one another, 2 episode was good but mid
don't bully me for that
Jan 10, 8:07 AM
May 2021
Episode 2 was better than previous Episode. It had better art and animation but the way they are rushing the pacing is crazy. Generally other animes takes 3 - 5 episodes to cover one volume but COTE literally covered Vol 8 in 2 episodes. Overall good I guess.
Jan 10, 8:12 AM
May 2018
Koenji jumping off a cliff like he's in assassin's creed

I continue to simp for Horikita Manabu, sanest character in the show
Jan 10, 8:18 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The first rule of intel gathering are finding effective intel sources and Ayanokouji already scored early. Its nice seeing the group put aside their differences and rally around Yukimura. For how cold he seems Manabu was one that cared a lot about his class. Its moments like this that AK gets to show his true skills. Kudo's to Manabu for standing up for Akane. The after effects from this though look to be pretty grim though.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 8:22 AM
Mar 2023
I'm pretty sure during this time we supposed to get the infamous T-Rex scene. Did they skip it?
Jan 10, 8:30 AM

Jun 2014
Damn the training camp is over already, that was fast as hell lol. But apparently the volume that covered this arc was done in just these first 2 episodes? Thats insane.

Nagumo continues to be up to no good as he orchestrated things so that a specific student, Tachibana, would get taken out as collateral. Horikita was quick to save her though. And of course, we had to have another Ayanokoji x Karuizawa ship moment lol. Hope they improve the pacing for whatever is adapted next.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 10, 8:30 AM

Dec 2020
Almost everything is good except...
Dude, the pacing...a volume of 328 pages just in 2 eps💀
They're dying to finish 1st year in 3 seasons which each consists only 12/13 eps sheesh

My condolences to Kinugasa
Jan 10, 8:32 AM
Aug 2020
Nagumo, what a plan...

it was a good episode, well done...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 10, 8:37 AM
Mar 2018
I think the pace is little faster, which is better, but hopefully will not make too fast, so they skip important details
Jan 10, 9:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A bit rushed pace, they leave out a lot of little exchanges that flesh out the school and story. But it's ok.

They made Asahina as attractive and appealing as in the novels. And Nagumo comes across as even more dislikeable prick than in the LN.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 10, 9:09 AM

Jul 2014
Damn his goal is to expel as many people as he can. Lemme guess its cause "they're not worth"
Jan 10, 9:15 AM
Jan 2022
Kouenji a real one for calling out "Little Boy" Kiyotaka. That's all he is 😂
Jan 10, 9:22 AM

Jul 2017
Pacing was absolutely horrendous here. Not like this was an interesting volume to begin with, but you could not have made these two episodes feel more crammed and hard to care for as a result. The adaptation quality is definitely lacking to say the least.
Jan 10, 9:22 AM

Nov 2021
BlueFlame3174 said:
I'm pretty sure during this time we supposed to get the infamous T-Rex scene. Did they skip it?

I think they skipped it as it's not that relevant to the plot.
Jan 10, 9:23 AM

Nov 2021
animejas said:
Pacing was absolutely horrendous here. Not like this was an interesting volume to begin with, but you could not have made these two episodes feel more crammed and hard to care for as a result. The adaptation quality is definitely lacking to say the least.

I feel like they're saving the good pacing for the later volumes as they are much better than the 8th.
Jan 10, 9:36 AM

Jun 2020
Koenji is one of the best things in this series.
This season's ending song is more energy packed than the others huh.
Jan 10, 9:37 AM
Feb 2021
Brilliant as always. I love that Ayanokoji isn´t as involved as before. He is a silent watcher. It shows more of his abilities.
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

May 2023
Reply to Softhenic03
There are few things people should just leave as it is. These are those things you can’t do much about, and the existence of Koenji in this series is one such thing. Been over two seasons now but the guy is working with the same vocabulary and the same, “ I do I and you do you” way. Heck this time even his own team members have left him on his own.

Though that being that, and they doing the best they could despite somewhat lacking Keisei and the presence of people like Ishizaki, this team still held on its own, at the very least they all reconciled, to the point where the scoring areas they needed to give their best in… they somehow barely managed. But that is of minimal meaning here, I mean given the way studio adapted this whole part, there’s literally no meaning left to the amount of hard work they put in.

THEY ADAPTED THE WHOLE OF VOLUME 8 IN JUST TWO EPISODES… ONLY TWO FUCKING EPISODES LOL. I felt like I was watching a highlight reel, and that too only of the meaningful points this arc had… heck even not that tbh. They just randomly jumped to the Tachibana expulsion part without giving any context whatsover, just assuming the viewers have seen a dream about the same and are aware with the know-hows.... what??????

Then Manabu saved her and that's it. Rest is upto viewers imagniation. Anywas, I'm wondering how they managed to save a screen time for Ayanokouji and Karuizawa's, "If I was ever in that situation what will you do" thing. Who cares about shipping when you can't adapt the most basic things properly lol.

Horrendous start for this season. Also, T-Rex? Not when this studio is doing things.
@Softhenic03 doesnt matter volume 8 is straight dogshit good that they skipped most of it
Jan 10, 9:53 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
The ending scene was cute. This volume was good for only 2 episodes i think.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 10, 10:01 AM

Dec 2022
well somehow i managed to get all that so nagumo put together a bordering group and put tachibana there who was a pawn of horikita so tis loss for hoeikita manabu thogh he did spend points
Jan 10, 10:30 AM
Apr 2022
Nagumo fights so recklessly
Jan 10, 10:33 AM

Feb 2019
Well they went thru this whole volume in 2 episodes.. but I guess they’re saving all the good stuff for volume 10, 11 and 11.5.. you’d think anyway. Don’t think you’ll see too many people complaining about them rushing thru volume 8 as it wasn’t that popular anyway.. but I did want to see the playing card game to get some more context on Nagumo personality.

There’s just not enough time to properly introduce these characters or their motivations. I for the life of me don’t get how even anime onlies rate this so highly. The pacing is objectively bad rather you’ve read the books or not

At the least we got volume 0 stuff in the ED so it looks like Lerche have some plans to adapt that at some point. Maybe a movie?

Low expectations for the rest of this season but let’s see how it goes
Marinate1016Jan 10, 10:47 AM
Jan 10, 10:41 AM

Feb 2021
HOW DARE THEY SKIP THE T-REX SCENE!

What is this? A speedrun?
Adapted all of volume 8 in 2 episodes, just wtf!
Jan 10, 10:50 AM
May 2023
Rush rush rush
Dont know what the hell is happening man 😔. No explain, no everything, nothing
EvelinTzJan 10, 10:54 AM
Jan 10, 11:17 AM
Sep 2019
I really liked this episode, they said this season was going to be slower, but there were several events, it presented the president of the council well, who until then had few scenes and screen time. Ayanokoji seems to have been taken by surprise even by him.

Koenji discovering Ayanokoji's true personality was also a really cool scene, it gave a certain euphoria.
Jan 10, 11:28 AM
Oct 2023
Nothing is interesting about this anime the plot is to get to class D to class A. That's it, pretty boring but theres the main character ayanokoji who is pretty edgy, the girl who has black hair which is his partner in crime you could say was a little badass but turned into the average waifu. No girl in this show has good writing just annoying soft voices with mad curves for no reason. Nobody has character development and the only action that happened was in season 2 when koji fought people to protect his friend. The cgi bus was horrible in episode 1 of S3. If you hate edgy, waifu and cringe anime dont watch this generic stuff.
Jan 10, 11:29 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Mainnus
Patented Ayanokoji Rizz is still unbeatable.
@Mainnus mid character
Jan 10, 12:05 PM
Sep 2022
That was very rushed. Volume 0 illustrations at the end. Will they announce a film? It would be really cool.
Jan 10, 12:08 PM
Oct 2019
Normal episode, I want to see how the MC will humiliate others, I need to see that, it doesn't need to be in fights, just his intelligence counts
Jan 10, 12:19 PM
May 2021
Vol 8 ended in 2 eps 😭😭 am just enjoying more cote cant lie.
Jan 10, 12:28 PM
Oct 2023
the twist in the end was good!
Jan 10, 12:31 PM
Jan 2024
Hmm.Feelings!!-PrettyGoood
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 3

203 by Jonsitoa »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

185 by obstinix »»
May 27, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 31

155 by Ittan_Momen »»
May 22, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 21

211 by KinjiKido »»
May 21, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

136 by ANIk_003 »»
May 14, 11:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.