Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 16, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
This finale was eh...something else. Tsugumi is protrayed like a kid while Sarasa became more unbearable to watch in the show. At least Tsugumi was able to contribute a bit.

Hiroto still had to lead the charge as usual but I find the game mechanics for the finale to be really dull. Just a very average anime in general imo.
Sep 16, 2023 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Hiroto wanting to deal with Shiina, requests Sarasa to hide herself, just in case Miss Hundred Faces will appear when they least expected it. And hopefully, the game within another game will bait her, though she really is just like the innocent middle schooler with a life ahead of her. And sure, Kurahashi invited her into ASTRAL pinning his hopes onto her that she'll break the bank, but ASTRAL is just a game to her, no more no less.

The final day of the ASTRAL game, and Hiroto proposes a game of Crossboard between himself, Sarasa and Shiina to depict their own school's board pieces. Of course, this was a mitigated plan to see how Shiina would react, but more importantly, how would Kurahashi react as he still has control over the games. And with both Shinji and Nanase alive, even Kirigaya is done with his games, which leaves the only option that to control Shiina instead, which became the opportune tme to strike at him at all corners, including straight out to Kurahashi's base, which leads to her loss.

Shiina ended up being the innocent party in this manipulative game, she just really wants to have fun. The others too had their share as well, and the game of lies continue.

What a shellshock that this show bailed so hard to become nothing out from something.
KANLen09Sep 16, 2023 9:52 AM
Sep 16, 2023 7:30 AM

Sep 2018
Worst show I watched this season, glad it's over.
Sep 16, 2023 7:48 AM

Dec 2021
Besides recognizing Shiina as the final obstacle, Shiina agrees to assist them in clearing out ASTRAL along with Sarasa, taking on rival schools in the process.

Despite knowing that Kurahashi is the one behind ASTRAL, every effort is being made to thwart his plan from being set in motion. Himeji, patiently biding her time, is revealed as the insider waiting for her moment to shine alongside the others. If Kurahashi is shut down, ASTRAL could theoretically come to an end then and there, even if the fulfillment rate is not entirely complete. The Seven Star returns triumphant, allowing the games to resume from that point onward.

This show had a strong beginning, but couldn't stick the landing after, 6/10. At least this calmed me down until NGNL S2 gets announced one day.

Sep 16, 2023 8:26 AM

Feb 2019
Himeji and Kururugi pulling up on dude with an army of faceless cardboard cutout students behind them is hilarious. Kurahashi ain’t so tough face to face I see.

The big bad Ms. Hundred Faces turning out to be a little girl who was just manipulated was pretty underwhelming. Really the end to this whole ASTRAL situation was. I think the show honestly peaked around episode 7 or whenever it was that the MC took on Noa.

There were some interesting ideas here but the poor animation, pacing and writing in general stopped it from reaching its potential.

I’m still gonna read the LN, but I just don’t think this anime did it any type of justice
Marinate1016Sep 16, 2023 8:36 AM
Sep 16, 2023 8:29 AM
Jan 2022
garbage finally over
Sep 16, 2023 8:30 AM

Apr 2014
First of all, this entire season of Liar Liar was rushed af.
ASTRAL came to an end and that pathetic third-rated villain, Kurahashi Mikado, is still around. Please..., banish him from the island asap.
AkeZZZSep 16, 2023 8:38 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 16, 2023 8:31 AM

Feb 2021
How did he make this "Crossboard" game? Cheating again?
What exactly did they do to Kurahashi (the bad guy from another academy) tho? Beat him up lol?

Well this was a disappointment.
I really didn't like how Shinohara won everything by cheating. No one really has any personality. And a crap ton of other things that don't make sense.
Yeah, this wasn't very good. But I was still entertained somewhat.
6/10
The OP was good tho
I wonder how good are the LNs
Sep 16, 2023 8:34 AM

Feb 2021
The adaptation was kinda meh and rushed in some parts.
I'd rather just stay reading the light novels, way better art and it's easier to follow what's actually going in each game.
Sep 16, 2023 8:35 AM
Sep 2021
This series didn't live up to my expectations, sad about that, but overall it was an OK series for me.
Sep 16, 2023 8:42 AM

Mar 2021
This series was quite average really and the finale just seemed so rushed
Sep 16, 2023 8:47 AM
Mar 2022
Started off and then just suddenly got less interesting and the games got less logical, and this is the finale? Anyways can’t say I expected much 😕
Sep 16, 2023 9:10 AM
Apr 2021
The animation this ep was something else likw genuinely somebody explain to me the part where the loli flipped on the bed ,who in their right mind thought that was a good way to animate that … the ending was also pretty bad but eh enjoyed some part of it though still gonna rate 3/10 because of the writing even if those chests animation in the one game were beautiful
Sep 16, 2023 9:27 AM
Jun 2023
the Final Was Not That Good As I Thought It Would Be Difficult Defeating Miss Hundred Faces But It Was Easy As Taking Lolipop From The Kud Even If She Was A Kid 😋
Sep 16, 2023 9:52 AM
Aug 2022
This show kinda went downhill during the second half. Overall I enjoyed it but it’s one of the weaker shows this season.
Sep 16, 2023 9:54 AM

Oct 2017
Hiroto won as expected, Shiina didn't use any cheats herself but the guy behind her sure did. Okay finale and an okay season overall. Did like the characters but the games in general were nothing exciting. Probably won't get more season but will probably watch if it gets more.
Sep 16, 2023 10:04 AM

Dec 2010
This show was insultingly bad. Should've went all in on the fanservice instead of doing the opposite, maybe it would've been bearable then. Probably not though.
Sep 16, 2023 10:06 AM

Oct 2016
whoever translated Onii-chan as "bro-bro" needs to be put down
adaptation was complete ass, a lot of people say "a bit rushed" but this shit was racing at mach speed
there was no budget and there was no love for the source material, all in all, a terrible adaptation

i urge you to go read the novels, theyre infinitely better, the girls are delightfully thicc in the illus, and even Hiroto becomes somewhat capable without cheating
Sep 16, 2023 10:11 AM

Aug 2017
Was initially positive about this, but man everything felt so rushed and the animation sucked. Concluding with this hideous arc all my enthusiasm is gone for it. Maybe I'll give the source material a try, but won't probably watch the next season if there's going to be one.
Sep 16, 2023 10:12 AM

Jun 2015
Run a stamplar in Elder Scrolls Online, even wore the maid outfit. One does not mess the the maid!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 16, 2023 11:25 AM

Jan 2021
The name of this anime really fit with the anime
at the start i was thinking that'd be serious and cool
but it was a lie

Sep 16, 2023 11:32 AM
Oct 2022
Am I really expected to root for a MC who won through cheating against a middle schooler?
Sep 16, 2023 11:33 AM
May 2021
Won the finale by cheating again lmao. Well decent anime I guess, not that great
Sep 16, 2023 11:35 AM

May 2019
I believe it had been revealed that the young girl Shiina, aka Ms. Heterochromia, was Miss Hundred Faces in a previous episode. However, it was still a bit odd how she treated Hiroto as a big bro and that she was being manipulated by that Kurahashi guy. At the end it turned out this young girl is very smart and was bored, not an exciting ending. On a side note hopefully Kurahashi ends up being banned and removed from the island.

This series as a whole was pretty average although I did find some amusing moments especially from the girls such as Sarasa, Yuki, and Noa. I did not care for the blatant cheating and it was difficult at times to follow the rules of the various games that were held. The animation was average and the storyline was fairly weak. The character designs were decent though. This was one of the first strategy-type animes I've watched and I give this a 6/10.
Sep 16, 2023 12:43 PM
Dec 2021
Embient said:
How did he make this "Crossboard" game? Cheating again?
What exactly did they do to Kurahashi (the bad guy from another academy) tho? Beat him up lol?

Well this was a disappointment.
I really didn't like how Shinohara won everything by cheating. No one really has any personality. And a crap ton of other things that don't make sense.
Yeah, this wasn't very good. But I was still entertained somewhat.
6/10
The OP was good tho
I wonder how good are the LNs

The novels are good, but I do agree the anime is a huge “meh”
One of those shows that was only good because it was in the form of a novel.
Sep 16, 2023 12:57 PM

Mar 2012
Finally this trainwreck is over.
If the anime was suppossed to be promotion material for the novel, guess they have lost more potential readers than won.

Everyone says this was rushed, which I can agree, but the story overall has to be the same, and considering the whole writing is "convenience" meh.
MC is a cheater, and though this was suppossed to be both his winning condition and his conundrum due to him having to hide that he is cheating instead of using legit skills, during the season he started cheating in front of crowds without a single effort put in not showing it openly and everyone was ok.
Most games are basic af in terms of rules and winning conditions, yet I don't look down to people weekly asking what the rules were or why the MC won given that every character has some convenient unique skill after another designed specifically to drag the game or put some kind of twist that makes the game no longer be itself.

Production values don't hold either, so this show will be forgotten by, let's say, wednesday when everyone watching it as part of the season has already seen it.
Waifus only represent ideals
Sep 16, 2023 1:17 PM

Jun 2023
Sorry - the series was nothing really special. There was a bit of variety, but all in all I expected more from the beginning. The first episodes were better, the MC had a lot of potential for development and stuff (I thought it could be like COTE or Tomodachi Game), but unfortunately nothing came of it, a meh finale today.
Anyway, I'm taking episode 12 as an opportunity to comment on the whole series.
(Well- but of course I can't rate the story as a whole, probably the LN is already further and also better).
But for the Anime: always the same: Hiroto always wins the games (which no one reallyy understands how they work) (i mean its incomprehensible to me how his opponents lose although they basically can choose any ability), but not because he himself is fierce, but because he lets the others in the background hack everything for him or act in such a way that he ends up as the hero. Also, I think the moral of the show is wrong: "Lying is good and fun!" Lying gets you friends, recognition and "success". Think about what that would really mean for you irl. No, lying is bad, guys. The recognition and skill shown in this series, to me, is solely for the others who are really worth mentioning and cute (mainly Sarasa in my opinion). Some of the side characters were really good. However, the series also emphasises gender stereotypes that we shouldn't have anymore, for example, I find the one with his maid just unnecessary. You can say that they managed to save themselves a bit with the animations, I acknowledge that they at least tried, it seemed like a good show at times, but you knew all along how it would end.
ForphySep 16, 2023 1:28 PM
Sep 16, 2023 1:36 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I think we got an average anime here. It was okay to watch it, had fun moments and the OP is a real banger. I'm just sad, that the writing is so boring, i think the setting and story could have been easily go on CoTE levels with a great story and deep characters.
5/10
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Sep 16, 2023 2:02 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Tokisaki Kurumi showed up pretty late, but became best girl instantly
Sep 16, 2023 2:12 PM
Nov 2022
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH

The anime is over and I still don't understand the rules of the first game xddd

At this point the end was something to be expected, nothing much would happen and there would be no great development.

Hiroto won but at what cost... nah, it seems that in this universe consequences do not exist xdd

Well, the anime is not bad, at least it is entertaining and that is to be recognized.

Shiragiku>>>>>>Sarassa>>>>>>>>>>>the rest.

The opening is the best thing about this anime 🚬
Sep 16, 2023 3:00 PM
Mar 2023
I liked it. Hopefully a new season will come out
Sep 16, 2023 3:37 PM

Jan 2023
This was probably the worst seasonal this season. Really did not enjoy this at all. Very happy its over with
死人に口なし
Sep 16, 2023 3:39 PM
Jul 2022
thank god this sh1tty anime is over, I hope there isn't a second season.
Sep 16, 2023 4:37 PM

Oct 2022
This anime and that one about alchemy just felt like advertisements for the light novel/game.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Sep 16, 2023 4:42 PM

Dec 2021
I completely forgot he was there to find his childhood friend lmao, they didn't go into that even once.
Sep 16, 2023 4:59 PM

Jul 2021
The game was so uncreative overall and uh...animation is shit.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Sep 16, 2023 5:38 PM
Apr 2023
IzanaSolos said:
Besides recognizing Shiina as the final obstacle, Shiina agrees to assist them in clearing out ASTRAL along with Sarasa, taking on rival schools in the process.

Despite knowing that Kurahashi is the one behind ASTRAL, every effort is being made to thwart his plan from being set in motion. Himeji, patiently biding her time, is revealed as the insider waiting for her moment to shine alongside the others. If Kurahashi is shut down, ASTRAL could theoretically come to an end then and there, even if the fulfillment rate is not entirely complete. The Seven Star returns triumphant, allowing the games to resume from that point onward.

This show had a strong beginning, but couldn't stick the landing after, 6/10. At least this calmed me down until NGNL S2 gets announced one day.

astral killed it, it's 8/10 for me, but I found the normal games to be more exciting
Sep 16, 2023 6:02 PM

Nov 2012
Well, that was an ending of sorts...I guess. We still don't know why he is really there. Who is he looking for? Why is he searching for them? How is being in that school helping him look? We know as much about the MC as we did in episode 1.
Sep 16, 2023 6:08 PM

Apr 2022
welp, hot garbage of the season probably, thank god it's over. i got baited into starting it cause of the ecchi tag and they changed it halfway lmfao.

2/10.
Sep 16, 2023 7:06 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty interesting, I suppose. At the end of the day, you just gotta lie.
Sep 16, 2023 7:44 PM
May 2021
this started out as a good show but as it went on it just felt more and more rushed and the story just started to feel not very put together. although im sure it's just that the anime didn't do the light novel justice.

it definitely feels like there's still more to the story, so id be interested to see if it gets a second season. and if it does, if the next season will keep this same rushed pacing or if it'll slow it down a bit.
My 2023 candies:
Sep 16, 2023 8:06 PM
Jun 2023
Hot take': overhated anime
Love the no game = no life inspiration in astral arc
Pretty wholesome/strategy anime
Shiina/hiroto fake brother dynamic was pretty funny/wholesokw to watch (I'm a sucker for wholesome animes tbh)
All of main character take a place in something in the series finale rarely animes do that tbh
I rate this anime an 10/10
Might be a rare occurrence for this anime to get that rating tbh
MinecrayeySep 16, 2023 8:10 PM
Sep 16, 2023 11:48 PM
Mar 2021
Ngl this anime started off really good but now I think it more okay than bad, overall a 6/10 for me

Sep 17, 2023 12:22 AM
Sep 2023
Honestly in the beginning the MC was just a guy who lied because he wanted to be the greatest student in the academy well he did but, i didn't understand why in the first episode he was so unexperimented unlike in the follower episode where he became more smart. Sometimes some moments have been rushed, the minigames are not well Explained, and the MC always has the last word, the last episode who was surely the most rushed one of the anime so far. I felt kinda disapponted for the faces poorly drawn, rushed moments and a thing that really made me write this comment was Himeji's expression, she wasn't that that one silent and quiet girl we knew and that is all wanted to say
Sep 17, 2023 12:45 AM
Jan 2021
Anime is finished, well this episode was quite interesting and had so much into it, enjoyed it a lot!

Although, anime adaption is not done properly but I still enjoyed it and had so much fun, I am definitely gonna read LN of this to continue the story.
Sep 17, 2023 1:14 AM
Feb 2021
i really should just grab the novels. i still enjoyed the show, but the ending feels so rushed and incomplete. i definitely think the series has potential, if only geek toys didn't adapt it.
Sep 17, 2023 5:38 AM

Jul 2020
zero substance from the start to the very finish, not only the worst show of the season but probably one of the worst I've ever seen and somehow managed to complete. I'm trying to find at least some redeeming qualities, but in this show they're non-existent. 3/10, I don't know why I ever forced myself to go through with this act of self-torture
Sep 17, 2023 7:23 AM
Aug 2021
It is just like an imagination game you play into the playground in Primary School. someone comes up with one idea and then you come up with anything else out of the blue to beat them.

Threw all the rules out that they wasted time explaining because they ultimately didn't matter.

Tries to pretend to be a high brow show with intelligence but really is no smarter than 6 years olds plays games for fun. It's not smart or exciting when you get out of a stiutmation by just coming up with some god mode idea which has no foreshadowing and throws out the rules.
Sep 17, 2023 9:54 AM
Aug 2013
I tried to like this anime, but even if it had some interesting scenes at the beginning, it went downhill.
Not to mention the "battle" between Kururugi, Saionji and One Hundred Faces suddenly appear in the middle of the action, we don´t know how is that Kururugi encounter Saionji and they are now having a coordinated fighting against Shiina... even we know Kururugi accepted the plan , we don´t know how is that she meets the other 2.
Anyways, the actions are so rushed and the script looks really bad.
Glad is over.... I miss No game no life...
Sep 17, 2023 11:26 AM
Dec 2021
Anos_voldi said:
Anime is finished, well this episode was quite interesting and had so much into it, enjoyed it a lot!

Although, anime adaption is not done properly but I still enjoyed it and had so much fun, I am definitely gonna read LN of this to continue the story.

Yeah please…
The novels are great but the anime…
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Liar Liar Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2023

55 by Archean-Return »»
May 24, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Liar Liar Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 29, 2023

65 by Archean-Return »»
May 24, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Liar Liar Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2023

74 by CaramelMarkhiato »»
May 4, 6:56 AM

» DId he find the person?

RealityChanges - Mar 13

8 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 17, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Liar Liar Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2023

45 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 6, 8:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.