Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 22, 2023 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, they really pushed Shirayuki to be a mascot kind of character and representing the cuteness of the show.

Jokes aside, this episode dealt with more academy elements. Another girl also has their hands all over Hiroto and tbh, it was embarassing to see. Seems trouble follows Hiroto wherever he goes...
Jul 22, 2023 8:35 AM

Feb 2021
I'm still enjoying this, but is there a reason Himeji likes Shinohara now? Even a forced one? Why is she so enthusiastic about helping him?
And where was Sarasa this whole episode lol?

I like the unique stars thing. Thankfully he won't be a one-star forever.
EmbientJul 22, 2023 8:40 AM
Jul 22, 2023 8:41 AM

Mar 2021
Enjoyable episode Hiroto can't seem to catch a break now that Akizuki is holding Himeji practically hostage
Jul 22, 2023 9:00 AM
Mar 2023
Idk this episode was kinda meh to me and honestly I'm at the verge of dropping it.

I really enjoyed the last episode but this one and the first 2 felt like it's just whatever...
Jul 22, 2023 9:05 AM
Sep 2021
The troubles for hiroto has just begun now he has to face off against himeji.
Jul 22, 2023 9:07 AM
Apr 2020
What an amazing episode i did not understand a single thing
Jul 22, 2023 9:27 AM
Jan 2021
It was a pretty interesting episode to watch.

looking forward to the next episode!
Jul 22, 2023 9:28 AM

Jun 2015
Got to love this show. Its like playing chess with forum moderators who have all the power but are to stupid to understand who the real villeins are
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 22, 2023 10:02 AM
Aug 2014
...Wtf is even going on? that new girl i really wanna give her a bitch slap cause she fucking needs it.
Jul 22, 2023 10:46 AM

May 2020
What are the chances it's the miss short-height busty-chan, who stole that green colored unique star they were talking about??? Please not over 100, I pray.

By the way what kind of system they've which could only put the so-called strongest student cum 7 star holder in severe disadvantage whatever kind the competition might be lol? I mean if they're the strongest, they should have the luxury to not accept challenges, even if it is to some extent.
Jul 22, 2023 10:59 AM

Oct 2010
I give up. Have no idea what and why is going on.
Jul 22, 2023 11:21 AM
May 2021
This got more interesting now. New girl is a bitch
Jul 22, 2023 11:33 AM

May 2019
The new girl, Noa, is pretty clever as it looks like she figured out Shirayuki is helping Hiroto avoid challenges from other students. Although it does appear that Noa is holding Shirayuki hostage and might kill her (for reals?) if she purposely loses to Hiroto.

At least that's how it looks like to me so I wonder how Hiroto will get out of this, maybe Sarasa will reappear and give a hand.
Jul 22, 2023 12:06 PM

Feb 2019
Ok I can’t be the only one that doesn’t know what the hell is going on in this show. My master’s economics classes were easier to understand than this.

I know that there’s games they’re playing and Himeji is helping the MC win, but it’s like the pacing or something makes it hard to follow along. The only thing I left this episode knowing is that Himeji is being held hostage and MC will actually have to think off himself for once.

Really just here for the girls at this point, but they don’t even have fanservice moments to keep me locked in.
Jul 22, 2023 12:25 PM

Apr 2008
Pretty terrible episode. Go back to the actual games. So obviously Noa is the hacker with the star, but why would there be so many people aiming to fight the 7 star in single elimination game? Sure, there's the glory, but it's also your best chance to lose. And why isn't their hacker looking into the failed jamming? And if they can mix his position with Shirayuki why not just do it with others? Also agree the maid's affection was really abrupt. Finally, are we supposed to believe the students can get away with murder? What's with the hands tied threat at the end?
Jul 22, 2023 12:37 PM
Mar 2022
The manga is far superior to the anime, it changed many scenes and made them silly, apart from those contours around practically static characters :/
Jul 22, 2023 12:48 PM
Apr 2022
Shiruyaki is absolutely cute~

They are now in school and facing new problems.

Including Akizuki, at first she seemed that is "cute", but that has changed real quick..
She knows something she shouldn't have known...
Jul 22, 2023 1:17 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
whoever put the ecchi tag is a liar liar
Jul 22, 2023 1:19 PM

Jan 2021
Shirayuki & Natsume have a talk and how Natsume uses Hiroto and the other way around i suppose. I like how they have special colored stars.

All-Campus Elimination Battle got announced and ofcourse everyone is going after Hiroto. Noa appears when Hiroto & Shirayuki were discussing something and Noa is so clingy, I literally dislike her already. The Green Star got stolen or something and Natsume pushes everything towards Hiroto and he needs to figure it out. Now Shirayuki & Hiroto only run for their lives to not be challenged.

First time I think that we see Ami appear and helping them out as well. Damn Hiroto is chased by the whole campus and this Noa girl literally runs into Hiroto and Hiroto lands above Noa and what does Noa? she literally drags him to her while holding him, bruh. Shirayuki now got kidnapped by Noa, wtf is going on.
Jul 22, 2023 2:20 PM
Oct 2016
I just Noticed but the Island shape its Paris map without the wood area
Jul 22, 2023 3:14 PM

Feb 2018
With this competition going on you wouldn't expect them to go out alone at night, but I guess they wouldn't be expecting this new girl Noa to be as cunning as she appears to be.
Jul 22, 2023 3:16 PM

Mar 2020
Meh I am getting more disappointed with every episode. It really feals like a discounted ngnl only with nothing interesting going for it. I might end up dropping it at this rate
Jul 22, 2023 3:27 PM
Aug 2022
As much as I’m enjoying this I’m getting the feeling that there cutting a lot of content from the source material. I could be wrong but I just kinda am getting that feeling. Especially with episode 4
Jul 22, 2023 3:43 PM
Jul 2020
The animation and backgrounds get worse and worse. After Date A Live IV I expected Geek Toys to do a better job. The scene when Noa ruffles Himeji's hair, man, it's gonna give me nightmares. And the story is so rushed too... But hey, at least the opening is great!
Jul 22, 2023 3:45 PM
Jul 2020
corvKa said:
With this competition going on you wouldn't expect them to go out alone at night, but I guess they wouldn't be expecting this new girl Noa to be as cunning as she appears to be.

They knew she's a Six Star though
Jul 22, 2023 4:28 PM

Jan 2021
The only thing of note I took from this episode was that there is a way for Hiroto to become an actual 7 star, and that the schools are some how OK with endangering the lives of their students (what school like this does?). Oh yeah, I also don't really like Akizuki.

Also, you'd think there would be a limit to the amount of trial games one can play in a day. you kind of saw it with the 200 or so students going after Hiroto at once, but there's nothing to prevent or protect him from being challenged 200 times in a row without a proper break.

Jul 22, 2023 4:34 PM

Sep 2018
Even has the old COTE molesting set up scene lol, man, this shit is so fucking boring. Very ugly visuals as well. Just another shitty hack writer, riding the coattails of something that is very popular.
Jul 22, 2023 5:21 PM

Jan 2022
BDMax said:
Idk this episode was kinda meh to me and honestly I'm at the verge of dropping it.

I really enjoyed the last episode but this one and the first 2 felt like it's just whatever...

ditto, there doesn't seem to be any logic to how the story progresses and the copouts. For example, if the maid will help him run away from battles, why doesn't the system recognize them to start a match if they are already so close? Then, the scene in the alley was confusing. If the ponytail girl was there before the maid, how did the maid get to match with the mc?
Jul 22, 2023 6:19 PM
Jul 2020
Embient said:
I'm still enjoying this, but is there a reason Himeji likes Shinohara now? Even a forced one? Why is she so enthusiastic about helping him?
And where was Sarasa this whole episode lol?

I like the unique stars thing. Thankfully he won't be a one-star forever.

I mean, you don’t need a reason to like someone. Living with them for days straight can very much be enough of a reason.

Or, in fewer words:

There’s no reason lmao.
Jul 22, 2023 6:20 PM
Jul 2020
That moment when you don’t understand what the fuck is going on but you don’t care either
Jul 22, 2023 7:14 PM

Apr 2022
this show was already a disappointment but i feel like the visual quality took a dip from last week, even though it wasn't amazing to begin with, but still.
Jul 22, 2023 8:38 PM

Jul 2015
EcchiGodMamster said:
whoever put the ecchi tag is a liar liar
I was thinking of writing something about this ep, but I couldn't help but burst into laughter when I was reading this.  My will to write something bad is gone. I will just abandon the ship.
Jul 22, 2023 11:03 PM
Apr 2023
Looks like Hiroto is bound to collect all the unique stars, making him a 7-unique star holder as an end. That would be interesting to see.

I wonder what exactly Noa is after.

Also this episode seems to have some drop in quality of pacing and animation. Can't put my finger on it exactly but it feels like something's off with how things are laid out.
Jul 22, 2023 11:15 PM
Jul 2020
tekkenshu7 said:
Looks like Hiroto is bound to collect all the unique stars, making him a 7-unique star holder as an end. That would be interesting to see.

I wonder what exactly Noa is after.

Also this episode seems to have some drop in quality of pacing and animation. Can't put my finger on it exactly but it feels like something's off with how things are laid out.

I mean the animation is just straight up worse from a quality standpoint and the plot makes absolutely no sense, hence the pacing seems off.

Frankly, the only reason why I’m still giving this anime a 6 is the characters being more or less entertaining.

But frankly, I’m not sure if it will manage to be even a 6 by the end of it.
Jul 22, 2023 11:20 PM

Apr 2014
Mariklyn said:
BDMax said:

ditto, there doesn't seem to be any logic to how the story progresses and the copouts. For example, if the maid will help him run away from battles, why doesn't the system recognize them to start a match if they are already so close? Then, the scene in the alley was confusing. If the ponytail girl was there before the maid, how did the maid get to match with the mc?

The requesting system is not automatic even if they're closing by, the only automatic one is the receiver end. So, it means that you need to search and be the first one to select your opponent in your nearby area.
For the situation in the alleyway. Hiroto had been surrounded by students who want to challenge him. The only way for him to flee away was he needed to be in a challenged condition with his ally, which is Himeji. So, no one can challenge him furthermore for this reason. But, the problem is Hiroto and Himeji still haven't selected their game yet. So, their status was still continuing as they were challenging each other. Noa knew about this point and kidnapped Himeji and forced her to fight Hiroto. That's the reason why she let Himeji challenge Hiroto.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 22, 2023 11:24 PM
Oct 2022
Fuck MC and Naive MC.
Jul 23, 2023 12:21 AM
Jul 2022
a bit boring no tenkai
Jul 23, 2023 2:45 AM

Mar 2020
am i the only one who heard penis music being used at 17:02 like the part where they're talking about overlapping location data or whatever holy shit
Jul 23, 2023 2:53 AM

Dec 2018
what a terrible waste of time this episode was
Jul 23, 2023 3:12 AM
May 2023
if any of u guys need it here's link to subbed episode on YT
https://youtu.be/uzMhtWMZTiY
Jul 23, 2023 4:45 AM
May 2023
The Anime is not a very good one but I must admit that the system building around the stars is well-made.
Jul 23, 2023 5:07 AM
Apr 2022
the show is for the high intellectuals, i couldn't understand what's going on, i'm so stoopid
Jul 23, 2023 5:36 AM
Jan 2020
this is what prime geek toys looks like, not the characters actually being animated like death mount death play
Jul 23, 2023 5:50 AM

Jul 2021
Getting all those 7 stars is such an ambitious task and going against Noa who already pose a threat and kidnap the maid will be tough for Hiroto
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jul 23, 2023 6:48 AM
May 2022
I loved too see more Himeji best girl🤍 the fact noa got her gave her back hope he falls in love her 😢💋
Jul 23, 2023 7:26 AM

Jun 2016
himeji absolutely best girll !!!
Jul 23, 2023 7:40 AM
Jun 2023
alright episode, honestly not much happening at all just some girls being cute and info about colored stars
Jul 23, 2023 8:40 AM
Nov 2018
Interesting premise, but what bugs me is that it's all bones, no meat.

-You don't find out if the star system is of any benefit other than competing with others. If you don't get money or better grades out of it, then why bother?
-The principal only seems to exist when she interacts with Hiroto. She doesn't have a secretary and isn't seen talking to other employees. She is like a stationary NPC in a game.
-The principal calls Hiroto to her on his first day in school. No build-up.
-The guy who challenges Hiroto apparently has THREE HUNDRED students who for some reason joined his ridiculously named club. Where were they before that? We didn't see them. It's just, "By the way, he has a huge part of the student body on his side." Oh, okay.
-Hiroto doesn't have any friends, he doesn't call his parents, he only seems to focus on these star games. Again, like a computer game.
-There are three six-stars and he doesn't even know who they are? Isn't that very important for him to know? Shouldn't he have seen them before? "Oh, by the way, let's throw in a six-star in the story."

There's also the usual: That the main character doesn't interact with any other guys. Aside from that one challenger, who had pointy teeth and a cape to make him look silly. There is no real male competition. The MC only interacts with cute girls. Even the computer expert is a cute girl. (Sure, that's what top IT engineers look like.) The principal is a woman. There's a cute maid. The other six-star who shows up is a cute girl. Everything arranged so the otaku viewer can have his fantasy of being alone with the girls. The typical flaw in Japanese anime these days. There are blessed exceptions like Jobless Reincarnation, but the rest of anime is an otaku swamp.
Jul 23, 2023 9:52 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Good anime for some fun time. Just relaxing and watch some fun games. And the OP is a banger!
Hyped for next week!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jul 23, 2023 1:29 PM

Sep 2020
She got taken away and he must find a way to win the game, beside action scenes, I actually think this show is that that bad.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Liar Liar Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2023

55 by Archean-Return »»
May 24, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Liar Liar Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 29, 2023

65 by Archean-Return »»
May 24, 8:45 AM

» DId he find the person?

RealityChanges - Mar 13

8 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 17, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Liar Liar Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2023

45 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 6, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Liar Liar Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2023

85 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 4, 10:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.