Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2021 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
another episode and this one started out quite nicely, new yae girl was pretty interesting, seemed like she was maybe schizophrenic or something. that opening scene was pretty cool though with them all saying “wonder, egg, priority” lol. idk why but i also found ai rampaging at the playground and kicking around the cones and stuff so funny. new ‘pomander’ things they got are quite interesting, nice that they have some creatures to help them fight/guard and help them out now. not really sure about that teacher sawaki and stuff though, seems like things have gotten pretty shitty for ai, he's felt a little bit off from the start but didn’t expect him to get in a relation ship with ai's mom... looked like momoe was a bit hurt from what they were saying about him so hope she's not too down about that. on another note, ai was really badass when she beat that invisible monster girl, animation was super nice too.

that ending was pretty surprising, ai was really cute there too, i guess its good that she’s going back to school now. dont know what happened with her there, guess she doesn't hate sensei entirely now?
removed-userFeb 16, 2021 7:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cool they have familiar now with them.
But WTFFFFFF, the drama with the sensei is more and more mysterious, now her mother and the teacher plan to go out together... could it be that Ai is really in love with him and that she was jealous of Koito for being closer to him than she was... I hope it's not the case, and I also hope that the teacher is not getting closer to Ai's mother because it will be easier to target Ai, and now she wants to come back to school, I don't understand why she made this decision, this is so weird and mysterious, I can't wait to see the next episode now.

Jul 2017
HAH, FINALLY now we understand why this show is named like so: protecting the girls hatched from Wonder Eggs. Pretty simple theory to figure it out.

The Seeno Evils upgraded into Haters, fearsome enemies towards the 4 girls regarded as "Heroes". The Acca and Ura-Acca helping them out with individually personalized pendants animal pomanders that can be summoned in Latin, pretty convincing if you ask me.

OHHH, so they're animals utilized to eat Haters, and Ai is yet again saving a hatched Egg girl who can see the supernatural.

The thing with Sawaki-sensei though is turning my thoughts upside down even more: more than just a school teacher, he's the complex interest of love. And nothing is more apparent than Ai's mom and Momoe's uncle dating, with Ai having a crush on him as well. As much as Rika's words hurt, it's true in the subtle sense.

The "idolized" teacher that pushes Ai to new heights a.k.a getting her out of her comfort zone and attending school, I'd really like to know his involvement in the main plot ASAP.

WEP has been fantastic the 1st half through, and let's see what does this phenomenal show has in store for the 2nd half.
Feb 16, 2021 7:29 AM

Apr 2019
This sensei drama is so weird, wonder what caused Ai's change of heart?

Feb 16, 2021 7:29 AM

Apr 2019
I don't think I've ever teared up during a fight scene.

Until now.

WEP is by far the best airing anime right now.
my life was made with mematic.
Feb 16, 2021 7:30 AM

Apr 2019
Ashhk said:
But WTFFFFFF, the drama with the sensei is more and more mysterious, now her mother and the teacher plan to go out together... could it be that Ai is really in love with him and that she was jealous of Koito for being closer to him than she was... I hope it's not the case, and I also hope that the teacher is not getting closer to Ai's mother because it will be easier to target Ai, and now she wants to come back to school, I don't understand why she made this decision, this is so weird and mysterious, I can't wait to see the next episode now.
I think that Ai possibly could have been jealous. I really hope that sensei isn't a child predator though.

Feb 16, 2021 7:31 AM

Feb 2019
ag_ said:

Until now.

Redo and Mushoku exist so no.
Feb 16, 2021 7:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
mlzu said:
Ashhk said:
I think that Ai possibly could have been jealous. I really hope that sensei isn't a child predator though.
And maybe that now she's jealous of her mother or something and she plans to go back to school to be closer to the teacher to take him back from its mother, it would be weird but otherwise I don't understand why she made that decision at the end
Feb 16, 2021 7:32 AM

Apr 2014
Ai's mother starts dating Sawaki sensei. well, no surprise about it.
Finally, Ai decides to go back to school. I really want to know what is the reason that makes Ai go back to school.
Those familiars are weird but cute. I hope there are no side effects when using them.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 16, 2021 7:33 AM

Feb 2019
Great episode. I’m really curious about the sensei drama. If anything it seemed like Ai was trying to convince herself that she doesn’t love him. It seems like he just has that charm on girls at the school.

I like the familiar concept. Funny how their containers look like grief seeds, though.

The fight scene was great as well. Can’t wait to see where this all ends up.
Feb 16, 2021 7:33 AM

Jan 2009
the title drop in the first few minutes was glorious

so they power up eh since the enemies evolve to haters now

i wonder what does the haters mean now since Ai is going back to school so she might attract haters by being close with Mr Sawaki?
Feb 16, 2021 7:34 AM

Apr 2020
Man.. I was so happy when Ai wanted to go back to school
Feb 16, 2021 7:36 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

So the regular enemies evolved into haters who now target the girls?

The girls have familiars now, Neiru got the best one, the snake looks really cool. Ai's Lizard/Leon was pretty cool too.

Momoe does vouch for her uncle and I am inclined to believe her at this point, he seems like a good guy. I'm kinda hoping Ai can muster the courage to finally ask him about Koito so we can get some closure. Neiru really hit the nail on the head by asking if Ai liked sensei too, from what we've seen so far, that doesn't look like the case to me but we're still pretty vague on Ai's school life so maybe it'll get cleared up soon.

The final scene was very wholesome.

Feb 16, 2021 7:37 AM

Apr 2012
Ashhk said:

Now imagine that Koito's suicide turns out to be a hoax and in fact Ai killed her out of jealousy of her teacher. Add to that that her mother is a hallucination since Ai killed her too and you have a typical J-thriller plot, lol.

mlzu said:
Ashhk said:

Well, we could have had different interpretations, but I personally feel that the idea of him as a pedophile is mainly based on expectations of this as a popular cliché. However, we can always assume that he flirted with her mother in order to get closer to her.

@KANLen09 If Ai is really in love with him, then it will make all the initial interpretations that she is a lesbian very funny. Especially when the director retweeted the attempt to analyze the first episode and many tried to take that as confirmation from the writers, lol.
Feb 16, 2021 7:39 AM

Jan 2009
my guess for now is that Koito confess her love to Mr Sawaki but he rejected her and that made her do suicide

maybe Mr Sawaki prefers MILF more like Ais mother lol
Feb 16, 2021 7:41 AM

Jun 2019
Another great episode. A lot of family drama in this episode. Ai's mother wants to date Sawaki Sensei. Seems like Ai is having some thinking it through.
Also, I wonder what changed her heart about going back to school.
Feb 16, 2021 7:51 AM

Jan 2015
Fucking loved this
These damn twists. I knew it. Ai is a confusing character exactly because not even Ai herself knows who she is and what she wants and everything we see is both from the girls and Ai’s POVS. In both POVs we don’t know what kind of person she is

Also this week’s girl, what a sad character. She was definitely affected by schizophrenia
Feb 16, 2021 7:57 AM

Jan 2016
Great episode, but I'm confused on why Ai wants to go back to school all of a sudden
Feb 16, 2021 7:57 AM

Feb 2016
Animations in this episode are on another level.
By the way I was wondering if egg girl from this episode had schizophrenia? I got some hints bout that but honestly Im not sure.
Feb 16, 2021 7:58 AM

Aug 2020
The reasoning behind a lot of the character's decisions left me confused in this episode. Hope there are answers in next episode.
Feb 16, 2021 8:00 AM

Feb 2019
Kosmonaut said:
I'm expecting next episode to go full 'being meguca is suffering', so I'm writing this here just so I commit to my bet. The death flags are getting out of control already.
Damn you, show, making me look like a fool in front of the guests. I'll save face by indefinitely postponing my bet until the very last episode.

Besides that, we already knew Koito was jealous of the attention the teacher gave to Ai. Now Ai is jealous of the attention the teacher is giving to her mother. Whatever genetic make the Sawakis have, it must be inherited from the Sue and Stu families. Wonder Egg Priority, the camouflaged harem show told from the perspective of a haremette, how could we have not seen this before? Genius.

The soul gems lowkey gave birth to some cute pokemon though.

I'm more convinced now that Rika is the character supposed to represent the audience: theorizing about everything, reading into small details, throwing red herrings and reacting to 'unexpected' developments. Gomen, user with whom I argued last episode thread about her not being so, I made a severe and continuous lapse in my judgment.
KosmonautFeb 16, 2021 8:07 AM
Feb 16, 2021 8:07 AM
Dec 2019
Excellent episode, glad to see Ai going back to school, the series keeps delivering and it looks like it will only continue getting better.
Feb 16, 2021 8:08 AM
Oct 2020
They have pokemon now
Feb 16, 2021 8:08 AM

Oct 2017
Their new pets are cute and looks like they are really useful too. So Ai's mom and Sawaki sensei's gonna date after all. He's still suspicious but at this point I'm thinking that he might be just made to seem suspicious purposedly but in reality he's a just a good guy. That'll be great for Ai's mom.

So Ai might have feelings for Sawaki sensei, that'll certainly clarify why she's so much conflicted with the entire Sawaki sensei, school and Koito thing.

Ai's finally gonna start going to school again? This was sudden. I hope she doesn't get bullied again.
MegamiRemFeb 18, 2021 4:55 AM
Feb 16, 2021 8:11 AM

Dec 2018
yo is it just me or mr. Sawaki kinda sus
Feb 16, 2021 8:11 AM
Jul 2020
So, I expected Sawaki and Ai's mother might be in a relationship, but I really didn't think that Ai would like him though. I'm just really confused, why does she suddenly want to go to school. I don't trust Mr Sawaki, but maybe he is okay, Momoe seems to think he is okay.
Anyway I love their cute little animals, can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 16, 2021 8:14 AM

Sep 2019
Feels like Sawaki sensei is at the center of everything.
Feb 16, 2021 8:16 AM

Jul 2020
We start off with ai in the other world fighting against haters, teh upgraded seeno evils that want to kill the heroes- being the girls. The girls are given pomanders, creatures that acca and ura acca give them which will fight the haters whilst the girls focus on saving the killing the bosses. Sawaki and ai’s mother are going to start going out, which puts ai in a bad mood to which neiru simply puts as occams razor, ai is in love with sawaki. Ai with help from the schizophrenic girl defeats the boss, and they makes peace with one another. Ai runs to school to tell sawaki that shes coming back to school, for an unknown reason. What’s with sawaki and Ai? They seem more intertwined than expected and was she jealous of her friend getting close to him? Only time will tell.

Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Feb 16, 2021 8:16 AM

May 2015
wondering why she wants to go to school out of the sudden
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Feb 16, 2021 8:23 AM

Jan 2014
I laugh at how they're called 'hater's and the description of 'not having the guts to show their faces.' does remind you of how the internet is in a way.

Hmmm Ai certainly has grown, but do worry about some of the moves she is making.
Feb 16, 2021 8:24 AM
Jul 2020
deg said:
my guess for now is that Koito confess her love to Mr Sawaki but he rejected her and that made her do suicide

maybe Mr Sawaki prefers MILF more like Ais mother lol
Thats what I am thinking too. Koito seemed like she had problems, and so as a teacher he tried to support her, and her being a typical girl falls in love with him and confesses, but he rejects her...
Feb 16, 2021 8:26 AM
Aug 2020
Loved the ending of this episode. The animation when Ai was running looked gorgeous.

Also, HOLY SHIT THEY SAID THE NAME OF THE SHOW!
Feb 16, 2021 8:27 AM

Feb 2020
Very very interesting episode, I'm surprised Ai love sensei, cool!!
Aug 2020
Marinate1016 said:
ag_ said:

Until now.

🤣 Please tell me you're joking.

Mar 2018
RobertBobert said:
Ashhk said:

Now imagine that Koito's suicide turns out to be a hoax and in fact Ai killed her out of jealousy of her teacher. Add to that that her mother is a hallucination since Ai killed her too and you have a typical J-thriller plot, lol.
Wihle I respect that speculation, I personally think that is bit ridiculous and does not fit what this show is going for. All the girls are doing Wonder Eggs because they feel guilty for what they have done, even though it is indirectly. The anime really wants to highlight that no, it isn't your fault for another one's suicide. Having the main character Ai actually kill Koito, thus doing something that is actually her fault, would go completely against this message, not to mention that it clashes with the other members motivations.

Also, this is a drama. This anime is more about the feelings of the main characters and how they cope with it, not about "what is the next twist", like you would usually see in thrillers. Shinji, the writer of this show, has written countless J-Dramas, so I don't think he would cop-out with a Thriller ending.
Feb 16, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2017
I literally felt like she's gonna say I love you to him at the end...
Feb 16, 2021 8:29 AM

Jul 2019
I... dont know how to feel... Like i honestly had thought before, especially because of last episode, that Ai liked sensei, i really wanted to be wrong but i was actually right, its not bad at all, its just a route i hoped the show didnt go for as i believe its really hard to pull off well most of the time. Ai suddently going to school was kinda random, im pretty sure we will get more of an explanation for that next episode, but i dont know if she decided to go because she knows she likes the sensei or because she knows she doesnt?
Either way, the direction this episode was fucking phenomenal, truly have not seen such an amazingly directed episode in such a long time, jesus christ. The animation was also just as good if not better than the other episodes, especially on the character acting department (Ai running to school literally made me feel chills of how well animated it was), how does a show with this quality even exist? Man Umehara and Wakabayashi are truly gods among gods
Feb 16, 2021 8:30 AM

Jan 2009
Attackergoal said:

lol i was waiting for Ai to say that too but i guess her going back to school is somewhat a roundabout way of saying that because now Mr Sawaki will be her future father anyway so her love is downgraded to family love now
Feb 16, 2021 8:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Attackergoal said:
I'm sure they did that on purpose
Feb 16, 2021 8:32 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Just when I thought I was starting to understand some of the rules of the show they throw me an episode like this. I'm so lost on Sawaki's intentions but in a good way as this increases the episodes rewatchable value and allows for proper discussion. Also, the animation and music are on point as always.

Marinate1016 said:
ag_ said:

Until now.

Redo XD

I don't know if "by far" but I agree with ag.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 16, 2021 8:34 AM

Jan 2016
I DONT KNOW WHAT TF IS GOING ON BUT THIS EPISODE WAS VERY GOOD WOW ANIMATION IS CLEAN AF TOO
"hes too slow i dont know how hot has his processor but i put some death grips on it and its getting loud its getting lit"
Feb 16, 2021 8:35 AM

Sep 2019
Ai was so happy when she talked about her decision to her teacher.

It was obvious that Ai's mom and her teacher had something going on. I wonder if Ai actually loves him too. Those pendants look really similar to the ones from Madoka.
Feb 16, 2021 8:38 AM
Dec 2020
I think if I try to do this with the neck it cracks

FernandinrFeb 16, 2021 8:45 AM
Feb 16, 2021 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
I don't know man. I kinda believe the idea of sensei being pedo- . Even though we don't know a thing about this mystery of suicide, I feel like he isn't dependable. I hope I'm wrong. Also Ai's decision about school was out of nowhere and confused me. Good episode overall.
Feb 16, 2021 8:42 AM

Mar 2013
I really loved the contrast between how Ai talks to her friends and how she talks to her mother and the teacher. So extremely withdrawn and introverted vs lively and brave. It's just so curious and I'm still wondering how the series is going to resolve this or if it's going to openly show answers to all of this (especially if the magic stuff is primarily her imagination or not)
This series is so good damn I really am curious where it's going.
Sensei is big suspect. I don't trust him one bit.
Something something something
Feb 16, 2021 8:50 AM

Jul 2019
Although im still somewhat unsure about the episode contents like i said before, its still a great episode overall.
And uh, can we talk about this cut? Like i dont think i even like the sensei but man, he sure was drawn well in these frames, like the fabric, hair, the shading, just top tier stuff, makes me question my sexuality tbh.
Feb 16, 2021 9:00 AM

May 2020
Those pomanders were so cute and they finally got cute helpers.
Ai's mom and the counselor dating!? Not surprised -_-
For a moment I thought that Neiru's theory was going to turn into reality, which would be really weird and messed up, but no, Ai decided to finally go to school!!!!!!! ^^
Feb 16, 2021 9:00 AM

Oct 2018
Way too much happened this episode, all I can say is that the title drop at the start was some major cringe and not in a good way. Other than that WEP keeps being highly interesting, it really could go almost anywhere.
Feb 16, 2021 9:03 AM
Feb 2018
The reason Ai wants to go back to school is to check if the bead chain can make her see Koito's ghost. It seems many here missed her grabbing it after getting out of the bathtub.
Feb 16, 2021 9:09 AM

Oct 2020
Did not expect that title drop at the beginning there. I'm still not sure if Mr Sawaki is actually responsible for Koito death or anything else for that matter. The fact he's always over at Ai's house. I know he's a teacher and all that and only care for her well being but still. That kind of pet is pretty useful, eating all your haters.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

412 by thatgirluwu »»
May 30, 4:40 PM

» 2nd season ?

Aritra_Choudhuri - May 11, 2022

23 by Kizuki01 »»
May 20, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

302 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 16, 2021

364 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 9, 2021

170 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.