Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 18, 9:32 AM
Oct 2020
I'm not posting this to defend Netflix. I had to make this because a lot of people jump into conclusions immediately.

"The anime is gonna be bad because it's Netflix"
Netflix most likely does not produce this anime. Most importantly, they are not an anime studio either. They most likely acquire (license) it like most of their anime.

"Netflix likes to cancel series, so this one will most likely be cancelled too"
They are most likely not the main producer, just the acquirer, so they can't decide whether to cancel it or not. If they don't acquire the sequel, it'll most likely just go to other streaming sites. E.g., 'Edens Zero' season 2, and 'Great Pretender: Razbliuto'.

"The hype will die or it won't get much attention because Netflix doesn't do much marketing for the anime"
This isn't wrong, I do wish they advertise more, but you gotta see other examples other than Stone Ocean.
What about 'Devilman: Crybaby', 'Violet Evergarden', 'Baki', 'Kengan Ashura', 'Baki Hanma VS Kengan Ashura', 'Cyberpunk: Edgerunners', 'Scissor Seven', 'Komi Can't Communicate', 'Romantic Killer', 'Delicious in Dungeon', 'Uncle in Another World', 'T • P Bon', and many more? There are so many Netflix anime that are popular too.
People think that Stone Ocean is the only anime that set the examples of how the anime condition on Netflix are, and refuse to see the other examples.

"It will be a batch release instead of weekly"
This is my only worry, I hope it's gonna air on Japanese TV so Netflix can simulcast it like the TV anime they licensed recently.
(Btw let's be honest, a lot of you including me are still gonna binge watch it despite complaining about batch lol)
May 18, 9:54 AM
Aug 2017
Cyberpunk and devilman is why I hope faith.
May 18, 9:55 AM
Dec 2022
Yes, at first I thought Netflix was gonna animate it but no, they are the ones that will acquire it. It will be animated by another studio. I just hope it will be a weekly release and not all episodes dropping at once.
May 18, 10:26 AM

Apr 2021
RealNath said:
This is my only worry, I hope it's gonna air on Japanese TV so Netflix can simulcast it like the TV anime they licensed recently.
(Btw let's be honest, a lot of you including me are still gonna binge watch it despite complaining about batch lol)

I mean they have simulcasted my happy marriage, dungeon meshi and dandadan (will most likely be simulcasted as well).
May 18, 12:48 PM
Jan 2021
CheliosX said:
Yes, at first I thought Netflix was gonna animate it but no, they are the ones that will acquire it. It will be animated by another studio. I just hope it will be a weekly release and not all episodes dropping at once.

Netflix is a streaming platform, not an animation studio. They have never animated any anime, they just acquire the rights to stream it
May 18, 12:49 PM
Dec 2022
Tan_2 said:
CheliosX said:

Netflix is a streaming platform, not an animation studio. They have never animated any anime, they just acquire the rights to stream it

Yea, that is why I said I misunderstood the news yesterday. I thought it was gonna be a first for them. Mere misconception I dare say.
May 18, 2:04 PM

Dec 2019
I don't mind Netflix either bcuz they had a great run in 2023. Worst case scenario, Sakamoto will be an ONA released in Netflix Jail formation with less than 10 episodes and never be picked up again.
It ultimately comes down to which studio gets to adapt Sakamoto since the manga is relatively fast paced. It's unfortunately rumored to be TMS, who're the LAST ppl you'd wanna entrust an amazing manga to (besides MAPPA). I'm hoping for Madhouse or Bones, even with 0 probability
May 18, 9:57 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to luisfunes99
RealNath said:

I mean they have simulcasted my happy marriage, dungeon meshi and dandadan (will most likely be simulcasted as well).
@luisfunes99 because they are broadcasted on TV. This one is not confirmed.
May 18, 9:59 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Euroqean
I don't mind Netflix either bcuz they had a great run in 2023. Worst case scenario, Sakamoto will be an ONA released in Netflix Jail formation with less than 10 episodes and never be picked up again.
It ultimately comes down to which studio gets to adapt Sakamoto since the manga is relatively fast paced. It's unfortunately rumored to be TMS, who're the LAST ppl you'd wanna entrust an amazing manga to (besides MAPPA). I'm hoping for Madhouse or Bones, even with 0 probability
@Euroqean >"ONA"
>"Netflix Jail"
Do you not know what Netflix Jail means? It's when a series like anime airs on TV first (which defeats what ONA is) but Netflix, the only place where you can legally watch the series outside the country of origin (in this case Japan), release it later.
If it's an ONA exclusive to Netflix then it can't be jail cuz there is no official way (not even TV) to watch it before Netflix release it (meaning Netflix will be the first one to release it).

And regarding the "never be picked up again", I pointed it out in the post, reread it.
RealNathMay 18, 10:04 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 167 Discussion

ryzxgum - May 26

22 by FMmatron »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 166 Discussion

ryzxgum - May 19

23 by FMmatron »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 7 Discussion

Kuma - Jan 17, 2021

11 by ThighsYLover »»
Yesterday, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 54 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jan 16, 2022

17 by phantom346 »»
May 29, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Sakamoto Days Chapter 49 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 28, 2021

12 by phantom346 »»
May 29, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.