Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2023 9:21 AM

Dec 2021
Even after eleven episodes, Momose can't shake off thoughts of his former boss. It's like, no matter how much time passes on the show, he still lingers in his mind.

In a bustling train station where numerous passengers come and go, Momose and Shirosaki gaze up at a giant advertisement. The day has finally arrived when the advertisement for the aquarium that Momose created for the first time is unveiled. On their way to the aquarium, Momose spots a man at a nearby cafe who resembles his former boss. Even inside the aquarium, as he finds himself constantly reminded of his former boss, Shirosaki notices a suspicious man. The envelope he holds reveals the name of the company Momose used to work for.

I'm not ready for the show to wrap up next week. It's been my go-to comfort during this season, and the thought of it ending is hitting me hard.

Dec 16, 2023 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
Momose's getting a bonus, and he wants to move out as soon as possible from Shirosaki's place. Approaching a realty in their work clothing of all days, not all places seem like it's going to be under livable conditions, and furthermore, Shirosaki doesn't want him to move out that fast and have him take his time, as much as Hakutou does want him as well from time to time. The chummy ride home between worker and manager, Hakutou really wanted to find the button that Shirosaki gave him, though the caterpillar toy seems too much for his gratefulness for the manager who's been taking care of him. And the button...is right on his bedhead, which is rather nice.

Momose's aquarium work being polished as an ad at train stations, and he feels grateful for it. But Shirosaki's neck cramped at the last minute, and running away a lookalike of his old boss at a café, the karma keeps coming, and Shirosaki notices the lookalike to drag Momose around to avoid the gaze. To Momose, the hauntings of his past work feel like a stretch too big to face, but Shirosaki facing it head on for him, it's admirable for someone superior to take care of his own colleague. Except...that it's someone else lols: his former colleague Fujiwara, his contact restored and someone encouraged, it's all for the benefit that Momose has pushed himself for the better.

For once, a heartfelt congratulations to you, Momose.
Dec 16, 2023 10:59 AM
Nov 2020
I quit my previous job more than 10 years ago but I still have nightmares about it, at least twice a month 😒 I wish I had a "Shirosaki" by my side, at the time. Momose-kun, you lucky man! :)
Dec 16, 2023 10:59 AM
Sep 2015
No, please don't move out!
Dec 16, 2023 11:11 AM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
I am very pleased that this episode made up for the previous one. I got worried that they would deliver more segmented filler. As cute as last episode was it wasn't deep or meaningful. I enjoy all the impactful, emotional aspects of this show. Especially in this episode here, Momose has come a long way and it shows. I am not ready for this to end ;-;
Dec 16, 2023 11:54 AM
Dec 2022
They have to make season 2, pleeeaseee, this show is the most soothing part of the week 😭
Dec 16, 2023 12:42 PM
Jul 2013
I really hoped that the anime original episodes won’t let us down, but looks like I worried for nothing. This episode nearly made me cry three times, I hope it never ends.
Dec 16, 2023 1:23 PM
Jul 2014
@MyPrerogative I mean, the show isn't a romance and the fact you're pairing a human with a kitten is beyond weird.

Plus, y'know, the fact the show is called "My New Boss Is Goofy" kind of gives away the premise of the show, given Shirosaki is said boss.
Dec 16, 2023 1:24 PM
Jul 2014
Hakutou is the best character and this show is nothing but good characters.
Dec 16, 2023 1:38 PM

Apr 2023
Really happy that they didn't stick with the segment format from last episode. Momose realising that he's been slowly moving forward with help from his goofy boss was heartwarming. And Hakutou's story was so freaking sweet and cute! Only one episode left 😭
Dec 16, 2023 2:05 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I got teary eyed during this one thanks to Hakutou, that cat makes me feel feelings lol. Going from wanting to give back to Shirosaki since he’s been given so much by him, to realizing he was giving back this whole time was so damn sweet, probably one of my favorite parts of the whole show so far, I’m also biased because I love cats but Hakutou is a certain kind of special lol, my own cat heals me when I come home from work so I relate there as well.

And the 2nd half where Momose had PTSD resurface from his old boss was both upsetting and funny thanks to Shirosaki being goofy as usual while trying to help lol, and that moment where the both of them decided to stand up to who they thought was Momose’s old boss was a very good one, but of course the person wasn’t his old boss but an old colleague instead lol, I saw that coming. But the three of them going drinking afterward was a good way to end the ordeal, as well as a way to celebrate Momose’s ad at the aquarium, I think from now on I’ll think about the people behind the ads you see at places and what they could mean to who made them. And we have one episode left of this hidden gem, absolutely one of my favorite shows this season.
Dec 16, 2023 3:38 PM

Feb 2019
Hakutou's cute as ever, and he looked sooo freaking cute as a self-made purrito lol And Shirosaki mistook the penguin plushie as a "squishy" Momose lol
Dec 16, 2023 3:59 PM

Apr 2015
Omg my heart, Hakutou is so cuuuute. I would die happy watching an entire season solely dedicated to him playing/moving around the house xD

Every time it shows Momose outside the office I tense up in fear of Kurono popping up, but once Shirosaki became involved I knew that person following them definitely wouldn't be Kurono lol. So proud of Momose, he's finally able to face his old boss head-on. I lowkey hope we'll be able to see Kurono's face sooner or later.

Seeing other people listening in on their conversation in the train never fails to amuse me. Momose nooooo, don't move out!! This is definitely one of my favorite episodes in this show, easy 5/5!

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Dec 16, 2023 5:45 PM
Jul 2021
Free terapy for real!
Hakutou cute as always ♡
Dec 16, 2023 6:41 PM

Jan 2010
With this being the second to last episode, it was nice to see some of the plot threads getting tried up. Momose seeming to finally get over his PTSD from his abusive former boss, and his ad being a success.
And although I know this isn't a BL story, I did find it interesting about the comments from Momose's ex-subordinate about Mr. Kurono acting like a jealous boyfriend. Have wondered in previous episodes if we'd ever get a face to face encounter with Momose and Mr. Kurono...but maybe it's not necessary at this point.

Wonder how this season will and and if Momose moves out or not. Would love a second season of the anime, but if I'm not mistaken, there isn't enough manga content to adapt?
Dec 16, 2023 7:39 PM
Apr 2023
I really wish there will be a season 2. Or even a dub that I can rewatch.
Dec 16, 2023 8:55 PM

Jul 2021
I'm sad cause this anime is going to end next week. It was my weekly dose of wholesomeness. I hope they make another season when they have enough source material.
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Dec 16, 2023 9:21 PM
Oct 2019
YEAHHHHHHH HAKUTOU HAD A PART IN THE EPISODE I LOVE HIM <3!!! BEST CAT. BOY!! Also omg Momo and Manager being so happy and supportive of one another 🥺🥺😭 so cute. Very touching episode!
Dec 17, 2023 12:21 AM

Sep 2021
That was so beautiful! I love how Shirosaki was determined to protect Momose - and how Momose found the strenght to fight with him! If they ever actually meet Kurono, I'm sure they'll be just fine!

I wonder what's in store for the final episode. Seems like the "Move out drama" will get serious once again. But Momose must not move! He has to stay with Shirosaki and Hakuto!

That's going to be a very emotional and it will only get worse, unless they announce Season 2 right after!
Dec 17, 2023 2:00 AM
Oct 2023
so glad it's only been up for momose, he deserves it sm 😭😭 also its about time we got a hakutou centered part we won so bad. so interested to see how they conclude it next week. season 2 please...
Dec 17, 2023 6:09 AM

Oct 2022
Love that they decided to wear their work suits instead of wearing more relaxed clothes for the weekend they are both goofy. The real estate agent was funny too but the places were awful.
Dec 17, 2023 7:53 AM
Jul 2019
Damolisher said:
@MyPrerogative I mean, the show isn't a romance and the fact you're pairing a human with a kitten is beyond weird.

Plus, y'know, the fact the show is called "My New Boss Is Goofy" kind of gives away the premise of the show, given Shirosaki is said boss.

How can you be sure this isn't a budding romance? The relationship seems to be operating on many levels. Have you read the unpublished volumes of the manga?
Dec 17, 2023 9:37 AM
鋼鉄乙女

Aug 2016
I thought they're were going to actually confront Kurono and got so tense, it's great that Momose seems to be getting better. His great job with this ad campaign definitely helped but Shirosaki's support was also key to his improvement. I hope Momose will continue to stay with Shirosaki and Hakuto but they'll continue to support him no matter what. Overall, this show is such a sweet surprise and my favorite this season.
"Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!" - Bill & Ted´s Excellent Adventure

Check my introduction to Char´s Counterattack interest stack if you´re interested in watching UC Gundam. Also check my Legend of the Galactic Heroes OVA Chronological Watch Order for LoGH info!
Dec 17, 2023 10:30 AM
Feb 2020
so cute and so healing BUT ITS THE SECOND LAST EPISODE IM SO SAD :'D ...excited for the next ep tho~ will they continue living together (i hope they do)
Dec 17, 2023 3:19 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to AllPunchedOut
Damolisher said:

How can you be sure this isn't a budding romance? The relationship seems to be operating on many levels. Have you read the unpublished volumes of the manga?
@AllPunchedOut If you're going to be a contrarian, maybe ante up proof it is. "We're not a couple" from episode 10 kind of says something, eh?

DamolisherDec 18, 2023 12:03 AM
Dec 17, 2023 4:07 PM
Jul 2022
I LOVED THIS EPISODE
Dec 17, 2023 9:24 PM

Nov 2012
Momose, you're so squishy.
That has me cracking up! I won't be surprised if Fujiwara(?) is a new employee next week.
Dec 18, 2023 4:13 AM

Mar 2008
That was cute Shirosaki trying to shield Momose from what he thought was his ex boss.

Omg Hakutou crying because he couldnt find a button x3
Dec 19, 2023 1:21 AM

Aug 2016
Oh no. He can’t move! They just had to add that end scene :(
Dec 19, 2023 8:31 AM
Jul 2019
Damolisher said:
@AllPunchedOut If you're going to be a contrarian, maybe ante up proof it is. "We're not a couple" from episode 10 kind of says something, eh?

This story and their relationship are evolving and we can't know how they will end up. Denying that makes you the contrarian. The fact he had to remind himself that they're not a couple (yet?) after initiating a bunch of activities only couples do — that should tell you he was trying to make it make sense. We'll just have to see where this goes in the manga and season 2.
Dec 19, 2023 9:32 AM
Aug 2020
another lovely episode to watch

they really have a good relationship

he was really bullied by his old manager
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 19, 2023 12:09 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to AllPunchedOut
Damolisher said:

This story and their relationship are evolving and we can't know how they will end up. Denying that makes you the contrarian. The fact he had to remind himself that they're not a couple (yet?) after initiating a bunch of activities only couples do — that should tell you he was trying to make it make sense. We'll just have to see where this goes in the manga and season 2.
@AllPunchedOut No, muppet. They're not a couple, the show says they're not a couple... That makes them not a couple. So sit down.
Dec 19, 2023 11:54 PM

Jul 2019
Aoyama's unbridled joy of getting compliments is lovely. So easy to please.

Dec 21, 2023 12:26 PM
Oct 2019
This is laugh out loud goofy! The running downer about the former boss does get a little redundant and sometimes over emphasized, but at other times it definitely sets up the perfect goofy gags!
Jan 1, 11:07 PM
Dec 2022
The cat is trying to repay his master's love and affection.

Momose has come a long way since the days under Kurono-san. His ad is a hit and even his former colleague was touched by it.

In the meantime, Shirosaki still as goofy as ever.
Jan 2, 3:16 AM

Jun 2016
So I see getting a new phone unblocked Kurono but not his coworker acquaintance? I'm confused.
Feb 15, 8:41 AM

Dec 2020
not sad Hakutou nuuuuu 😭
Mar 23, 2:10 PM
Jun 2022
1) Kinda Lost The Comedy Punch .

2) Kinda Annoying Watching Old Boss Routine Again & Again .

3) Shouldn't Drop At 11 Cuz Starting Comedy Was Good .

Apr 13, 8:08 AM

Apr 2024
I knew it wasn't going to be the abusive ex-boss from the start but it's nice that Momose is finally freeing himself from his past trauma. I get that being under such a piece of shit superior could really damage your mental health but it was getting kind of repetitive, it seemed like every time he learned that he's safe in this company and his bosses are not only good bosses but good people in general that care for his well-being, the next episode it's like he unlearned it and he'd do the "is he mad at me? oh he was just being goofy" all over again. It only took like what? 11 episodes with one more episode to go for him to realize it?

Also, just a mini vent but i just don't understand this amount of fear Momose has for his ex-boss, i get the fear he had when he was still working under the abusive ex-boss because doing even the smallest thing wrong (in the abusive ex-boss' eyes) got him in big trouble. He was extremely mentally and physically abusive towards Momose and he got away with it because of his position and also i assume Japan's seniority culture. But now, he's not working for him anymore, the ex-boss is now just some fucking loser guy who could only feel like a man by abusing people who couldn't fight back, why is Momose so scared of him now? why is he still scared of him? He's literally now just another guy with no affiliation to him professionally, he probably has a reputation for being horrible to his subordinates, and even if he threatens Momose that he'd blackmail him from the industry or something, Momose literally has his boss and his boss' boss that would back him up 100%. And, if he threatens Momose like how he did a few episodes ago, he could just file a police report! Or murder threaten him back! I knew it wasn't going to be him but a part of me wished it was, i wanted Momose to just unload all that trauma onto him and give him hell for what he did to him, because now dude's just a nobody to Momose. I wanted it to happen, that would've been some real good escapism for some people out there, but oh well.
very sleep deprived

More topics from this board

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Oct 14, 2023

58 by Rev8 »»
May 16, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 7, 2023

68 by Brokuta71 »»
May 8, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 23, 2023

60 by kejora »»
Apr 13, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Dec 2, 2023

32 by kejora »»
Apr 13, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Atarashii Joushi wa Do Tennen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 11, 2023

57 by kejora »»
Apr 13, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.