Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2023 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
Ah yes, more training.

I know they are trying to push Luciel to his limits but I found the episode kinda silly. That drink offered to him also looked scary. On the positive note, Brod is a good role model and I believe Luciel can learn a lot from him.
Jul 20, 2023 11:15 AM
Sep 2015
It's good to see someone try really hard before gaining any ability, even the substance x doesn't suddenly make him become a superhuman overnight.
Jul 20, 2023 11:42 AM

Feb 2019
Yea ngl, was feeling this show last week with the training arc stuff. Didn’t like this episode very much at all.

I do like how even the magical substance he drank didn’t make him OP overnight. Like he has to work for everything and that adds a layer of interest to the story that most fantasy shows don’t have.
Jul 20, 2023 1:29 PM

Apr 2022
They are really testing the viewers' patience with this one. Calling this episode boring is an understatement.

Veldora's voice for the chef is a fun choice though, I admit
Jul 20, 2023 1:50 PM
Mar 2022
Brod secretly wanting to be a dad to him, even giving him a new tome to learn more spells and Luciel getting closer to the beastfolk whom seem to be oppressed in this world compared to humans for treatment.
Jul 20, 2023 2:23 PM

Sep 2018
Oh boy, this is pure tedium.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 20, 2023 2:38 PM
Apr 2022
Aw the ears always so cute 🥺

Yea I don't really know but this training seems not really good for your health. Especially that strange mix.. I don't want that to be on my trainings plan.

I hope some day we can see some real action and not just training, training, training
Jul 20, 2023 3:49 PM
Jul 2021
This series is so silly but enjoyable. 

I don't want to imagine how substance x tastes like🤢💀🤢. He might develop a reputation just for drinking that😂☠😂

What I like about this show, so far, is that at least we get to see his journey to become OP. Because I'm tired of seeing overpowered MC's over and over again. So this is a nice change of pace.

Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jul 20, 2023 4:10 PM

Feb 2008
Dawizz said:
What I like about this show, so far, is that at least we get to see his journey to become OP. Because I'm tired of seeing overpowered MC's over and over again. So this is a nice change of pace.
Exactly. When we have an OP MC from the get-go, others won't like it. Now we have a classic training arc; others find it tedium. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Well, I guess you can't please everyone.

Anyways, it's not a groundbreaking, award-winning anime, but it's indeed a nice change of pace to the isekai genre.
Jul 20, 2023 4:26 PM

Jun 2015
Another training session with no clear results. Although feeding him more potion X and the look on there faces when he drinks it suggests it might just take some time to soak in. Cat girl confirmed, potential wearbeast also as he did note he could only heal the wound not the infection. And a new training manual for holy spells! Things are looking up
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 20, 2023 4:32 PM

Feb 2019
his stomach's made of lead or something tougher to be able to drink that crap daily lol
Jul 20, 2023 4:42 PM
Sep 2020
i just love a slice of life, it's really good this one
Jul 20, 2023 4:56 PM
Oct 2022
An Isekai without an op main character is definitely different than the norm but it is shaping up to be quite good.
Jul 20, 2023 5:17 PM

Dec 2018
this show isn't anything special at it's core but it is really enjoyable. brod is a good dude. i also enjoy some of the humor even if it feels a bit basic.
Jul 20, 2023 8:53 PM

Mar 2013
I guess it's getting better.
The OP still sucks though.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 20, 2023 10:54 PM

Nov 2019
I can't help thinking that Substance-X as drinkable vomit.
Utterly disgusting.
Jul 21, 2023 12:49 AM
Dec 2020
Intense training for an entire month and this guy still can't throw a decent punch. I understand some people are tired of OP characters, but this guy is just pathetic. If you're going to waste so much time on tedious training, at least show some damn results. His cowardly personality when dealing with others makes him really annoying too.
Jul 21, 2023 12:56 AM

Mar 2008
So much of the gags in this show are a total miss for me. 
Jul 21, 2023 12:11 PM
Feb 2022
It was a ok episode overall I guess but dunno how many episodes of mostly him in one building and three rooms I can take. Guy needs to go places or have more regulars to keep my interest.
Jul 21, 2023 12:29 PM
Apr 2019
this anime has very dynamic art, i like the way it coveys tone through the shift of styles, and a healing Isekai without the degeneracy of other notable healing anime is nice to see.
Jul 21, 2023 7:22 PM
May 2021
I mean its alright thinking that the mange has like so many chapters of this training I am ok with some training episodes but I hope the whole scene isnt just training and training and training but thats just me isekai wise its kind of new but not at the same time i mean its discriminating by race we have seen it a lot of times but the spartan training and opening a clinic is new to ME idk if others have done it but yea its not that unique to seperate it from other anime's like this
Jul 22, 2023 9:06 AM
Apr 2023
Training was interesting and kinda funny I guess.

I find it really off-putting, embarrassing and gross though how all the women are written to be subservient and doting (also that the main character is embarrassingly lame when talking to women considering he's supposed to have like "business superpower" or something).

Would prefer it if scenes with women were more normal (like it's just a character that happens to be a woman), but guess good for more wish-fulfillment people perhaps.
Jul 22, 2023 9:35 AM

Mar 2021
thats not substance X. thats Crack!!
Jul 23, 2023 4:43 AM
Jan 2018
It’s shame this didn’t have a better production,
Jul 23, 2023 8:53 AM
Apr 2022
i'm just here for cute beast girls
Jul 23, 2023 1:44 PM

May 2021
I have no idea what they think animation is, but I doubt we share the opinion. Not only do they animate wrong parts of the show, such as opening doors, talking or just waving hands while talking but when the moment comes for him to train or actually do something, they skip it with some stupid narration. He talks about what he did, but it's never shown. Even if they end up showing something it looks comedic. But sure as hell they will spend 5 shots of someone drinking beer.

It's beyond me. Story is mishmash as well. Nothing happened so far. Just bunch of cheap jokes and trying-to-be-funny shots. And then it's the end of an episode with unmistakably obvious cliff-hanger, as if they know we need that extra effort to keep coming back.

All in all it's not getting better.
Jul 23, 2023 3:15 PM

Jul 2019
Yeah, that Substance X really seemed...something. ^^'
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Jul 24, 2023 6:52 AM

Nov 2022
I'd think after watching how Luciel is progressing, more adventurers would want to take up training with Brod. Although, I dunno about substance x and hearing him scream during training lol.
Jul 24, 2023 11:14 AM
Feb 2015
ngl, with how the show is presenting itself and all that's been happening, this show does make me giggle and makes me feel happy
Jul 24, 2023 1:36 PM
Feb 2016
soo good and funny i cant wait for more episodes
Jul 24, 2023 3:59 PM
Jul 2021
KimRiPark said:
Dawizz said:
Exactly. When we have an OP MC from the get-go, others won't like it. Now we have a classic training arc; others find it tedium. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Well, I guess you can't please everyone.

Anyways, it's not a groundbreaking, award-winning anime, but it's indeed a nice change of pace to the isekai genre.

100% Correct, especially the part "well, I guess you cant please everyone." It's like for many people it's their national sports or their unique thing to moan and b!tch about stuff. Here we have a new, fresh take on the genre, a genre that as become so stale that we now have anime of MC being reborn into a sword & vending machine and such other nonsensical thing. 

And yet people find things to b!tch about, it's like we all know this anime isn't going to win any awards & be remembered down the road, but let's just enjoy the new/fresh take and have a good time getting out of RL for about 22 minutes.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jul 25, 2023 10:41 PM
Sep 2019
It's not redefining the genre, but I'm having fun :)
Jul 26, 2023 11:10 PM

Sep 2007
Still loving the series ...
And the opening/ending.
I have to say, Lumina is one my favorite chara design of the year so far.
I'm weak to this style.
Jul 28, 2023 10:41 AM

Jul 2017
Luciel continues Brod's Spartan training in the Adventurers' Guild for a month's agreement, that's how you sell a business deal in the salaryman way.

The motivation from the guild receptionists like Nanaella sure give the impression that Luciel is treated like royalty, and none says it more than Brod's offering to him of all the food. An early sleep that does not feel like he's sleepy at all, and Luciel takes time for a late shift to do all of the special training. And what else in another world says more than some weird drink that is the epitome of drinking poison that makes one stronger, though he can't quite do that in front of the wolffolk Gulgar. And there it is, inhaling Gulgar's Substance X, Luciel is fired up, though a week passes by, and he hasn't quite improved yet, he wants more training from Brod, giving the creepy smile. More humans and beastfolk come to receive Luciel's healing, though he definitely got hoodwinked by both Brod and Gulgar.

Getting stalked by adventurers though is unusual, and everyone is worried about Luciel if he tries to quit halfway. Though he got Brod to eat his own karma by dowsing Gulgar's drink together (which is funny), Luciel continues his training, though realistically, his month-long stint would've proved little in improvement in regard to strength, but the results prove for themselves that while Luciel is a capable healer, he still has aways to go that everyone is willing to wait for him. Brod giving him a grimoire to aid in his healing abilities, Brod is actually a kind-hearted person from the inside, though more Substance X would prove fatally disgusting for more training.

Some goofy moments, but it ain't all that bad to be honest.
Aug 6, 2023 5:15 PM

Aug 2014
how can he eat so much
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 8, 2023 8:41 PM

Dec 2022
Love it when Luciel starts being sturdy funny as heck. Can't wait to see our boy become the greatest healer, fighter and chic magnet of all time.
Oct 7, 2023 11:44 PM
Dec 2020
too dragged out with unnecessary things. Characters doesn't feels like having their own characteristic
Nov 2, 2023 11:43 AM

Feb 2014
If my cellphone wasn´t with me I wouldn´t be able to have finished these 2 last episodes xD very boring and they were basically copy paste of each other lol it was as if this anime had stopped in time after episode 2 started lol

Gonna give a chance a bit more, let´s see if this gets any more enjoyable.
Dec 8, 2023 7:08 AM

Jul 2023
Ah yes, a month training arc this episode, nice, it appears our mc likes the pain of training, even creeping brod haha.
Seems the mc is attracting more and more girls into his harem, typical dull mc moment.
It seems beastmen do be treated unfairly as the catgirl got emotional when mc healed her for free, seems the healers in this world are not only corrupt but also racist douchebags.
I disliked how although substance x helps faster improvement, the dull mc is the ONLY one with big enough balls in the episode to convieniently consume it everyday, just seems like lazy writing just meant to give mc an edge over others, especially how he can eat that much food for improvement with that little body.
At the end brod his teacher gives him a spell book for recovery and detoxicication magic, i cant wait to see where that goes.
RefridgeraterDec 8, 2023 7:19 AM
Mar 9, 7:47 PM
Jun 2022
He Is Talking A Lil Too Much .
May 18, 5:10 AM
Dec 2022
That substance X has to be a torture just by looking at it. Even Brod avoids it.
May 25, 4:44 AM

Nov 2019
Luciel continues his training and he still heals any race indiscriminately which makes him friends with other adventurers at the guild.

Can't believe he stomachs that drink to train, reminds me of gnarly pre workout concoction Xs.

They are afraid he'll leave the guild so the adventurers begin to watch him but he ensures that he'll stay for a month to heal while he trains.

Not too bad of an episode, not a dumb MC but still a little dense
May 25, 4:50 AM

Nov 2019
Luciel continues his training and he still heals any race indiscriminately which makes him friends with other adventurers at the guild.

Can't believe he stomachs that drink to train, reminds me of gnarly pre workout concoction Xs.

They are afraid he'll leave the guild so the adventurers begin to watch him but he ensures that he'll stay for a month to heal while he trains.

Not too bad of an episode, not a dumb MC but still a little dense

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2023

79 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:46 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2023

26 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2023

35 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2023

27 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2023

36 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.