Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Isekai One Turn Kill Neesan: Ane Douhan no Isekai Seikatsu Hajimemashita Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2023 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Attack of the skeletons lol

This episode went dungeon exploration with RPG elements. It's like a cheesy dungeon crawler that came to life into anime form with our protagonist and the redhead sister. Nothing really new sticks out from this episode but I guess they're trying to expand its world little by little.

Kilmaria in her casual outfit though...she should wear those more!
May 5, 2023 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
Dungeon exploring, that's normal for an RPG, and the "Hero" Asahi is taking one on by his own...except if Maya never kept her tabs on him, which she did anyways. Traversing through the trap and monster-laden dungeon, no matter what Asahi does, Maya wlll always be there to protect him. But with the dungeon on the verge of collapse, both siblings leave the place early, only for Asahi to be caught in a wild goose chase against some monsters, and escape with the best of his abilities.

Asahi almost being influence by a mere woman, it's Kilmaria disguised in her casual human kin. Though one will see this as a date between human and demonkin, and the guild receptionist Tanya easily gets pissed off. And though both Asahi and Kilarmia went for an abundant meal thereafter, she completely spent his earnings, and Sieg got shivers up his spines about her. Coming home to find Maya's cooking feast, and Kilarmia thought that she can earn free food from her, which Asahi reluctantly allows her to consume more human food.

Nothing new from this episode, just the average subpar effort.
May 5, 2023 8:58 AM
Sep 2021
It's time for the dungeon visit and the comedic elements were good as always
May 5, 2023 9:19 AM

Dec 2022
this was nothing but a filler
May 5, 2023 9:31 AM

Jan 2009
Kilmaria in human form is really good looking too
May 5, 2023 9:32 AM
Mar 2021
Very fun episode, i like it
May 5, 2023 9:53 AM

Feb 2019
Lets gooo kilmaria episode!

Felt kinda like a filler episode since there was no real plot or direction of the ep other than Asahi hanging with Kilmaria but I love her so it’s all good. Hope we get more of her human form she looked cute
May 5, 2023 10:48 AM

May 2019
Yes, an episode with Kilmaria and it was great! Her human form was nice and I enjoyed her teasing Asahi. I think Kilmaria knows that Maya is overprotective of her brother and purposefully antagonizes her. Although I don't know why Tanya, the quest giver, was upset unless she also likes Asahi? Anyways, I hope to see more of Kilmaria and Maya oh and Maya immediately hitting Kilmaria with the broom was hilarious as she immediately knew that was her lol.
May 5, 2023 10:49 AM

Aug 2017
Kilmaria focused episode? Fantastic day. She was so cute in her human form.
May 5, 2023 11:12 AM
Jan 2021
Who tf give this anime 10/10 lol
May 5, 2023 11:58 AM
May 2021
Another noice episode ❤❤
May 5, 2023 12:44 PM

Mar 2010
Kilmaria in her human skin was nb glad to see she is more of the team now.. so it seems.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 5, 2023 2:36 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Yeah, there was no way Asahi could have done that dungeon without Maya lol, he would have been dead at the first arrow trap, but thankfully big sis is here to keep it chill. Also that bit where the skeletons looked at each other as the siblings were having their moment was hilarious lol, those guys looked like they just came from a dead show too, particularly 9/9/72 because their faces have been absolutely melted lol.

And thanks to the siblings having a fight-ish, we got to see Asahi hang with Kilmaria disguised as a human for the 2nd half of the episode, and she really pulled that look off, definitely cute. It was funny seeing her reactions to a human city, especially when she didn’t know what money was lol. And damn she really tried to get Asahi to become a demon and join her, it’s good she just asked and didn’t push further but I’m wondering if we’ll see her try to force it later, hopefully not because I like it the most when she’s just a wholesome funny fella lol.

And lastly the bit where they all ate together was nice, perhaps the most friendly we’ve ever seen Maya and Kilmaria up till now lol.
May 5, 2023 3:20 PM

Nov 2011
Need more Kilmaria and Maya friendship. Still wondering what is going to happen when the guild finds out Asahi is weak AF.

Kilmaria human form is cute.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 5, 2023 3:40 PM

Jul 2015
I really love Kilmaria.
She is such a string, assertive woman and a (former) villainess with a soft side.
An ultimate onee-san.

May 5, 2023 4:04 PM

Dec 2013
Kilmaria really is the star of this show, she makes it so much better everytime she is on the screen, I didn't realize she has the same VA as Elda from Edomae Elf, you could totally hear Elda when Kilmaria was throwing a tantrum on the floor.
May 5, 2023 5:21 PM

Nov 2016
Kilmaria's disguise was Team Rocket tier. Without this goofball this show wouldn't be half as funny.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2023 6:17 PM
Apr 2022
if only the ep is as good as the ed
May 5, 2023 6:28 PM
May 2017
Jaksh said:

That one fell in love with the series. It is not 10/10; its art and animation could be better -- what means better ecchi and fan service --, but it is funny and very good. Guilty pleasure? I like Maya and Kilmaria a lot because of the entertaining chemistry between both elder sisters...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 5, 2023 9:02 PM

Apr 2022
maya's cooking is so good that even kilmaria complimented her.
really fell for the disguise, i thought we gained a new source of fanservice.
May 6, 2023 1:53 AM

Feb 2017
Kilmaria is the only reason i haven't dropped this show, she's hard carrying
May 6, 2023 3:37 AM
Mar 2015
Kilmaria is really cute
May 6, 2023 6:30 AM

Apr 2015
Kilmaria acting as a human was very cute
May 6, 2023 7:09 AM

Jul 2015
Jaksh said:

I gave it well deserved 10/10.

May 6, 2023 2:32 PM

Oct 2018
A traditional RPG castle episode this time. A new white hair3d character seems to be on the next episode, downgrade from Maya and Kilmaria tbh.
May 7, 2023 12:34 AM
Apr 2023
I love this episode because we got to see more of Kilmaria. Seeing her speaking in both her warrior and normal village girl tone is so refreshing, not to mention she is also cute as a normal village person. It's also heartwarming that Asahi's family seems to just got another member. BTW, Maya's brocon almost just crossed the line there (but I don't know why Asahi needed to grab her boobs back then).

I also just came up with a theory that maybe Asahi is kind of weak in the other world because he is only half-dead in the real world. I don't like for things to get dark but maybe this is also the reason why Maya is OP when she isekai'ed; she mentioned she got totally sad that she bashed her head against a wall, and so she got to follow Asahi in the other world. I know her powers are maybe due to her extreme brocon for Asahi, but who knows (might be explained by the somehow dark and gloomy ED sequence).
May 7, 2023 1:21 AM
Oct 2021
Does this series have fan service or anything??
May 7, 2023 1:40 AM

Oct 2008
oh yes! Kilmaria finally joined the party! lolz
4/5.

May 7, 2023 2:47 PM

Oct 2017
Always great to have more Kilmaria, she's so cute.
May 7, 2023 7:54 PM
Apr 2023
I should know it's the point of the anime by now 🙃 but the brother-sister incest "jokes" ruin like 50% of the scenes and are totally unnecessary (and just uncomfortable).

It was actually funny and entertaining for a while while Killmaria was being shown around town and then trying food in the pub etc. Shame they couldn't have just done a show more like that really.
May 9, 2023 1:10 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Yeah, I'm pretty content with dropping this anime. There's just too much other good anime and manga I still have to consume (and with my limited time as an adult I have to be selective!)

I was mostly sticking with this because of the fan service XD
But yeah I really don't care for the story and MC haha. It's a bit boring.
May 13, 2023 3:16 AM

Apr 2016
This is by far the best episode of the show. The Maya brocon shit is at its most minimal, partially cuz she's gone for almost half the episode, and they now try to make Asahi more assertive and self-conscious about his pride. We even see that kinda sorta not really come to a head with Maya cuz they immediately diffuse it with her going to do smth else for half an episode. I did like the cubs of that one Kaiser bear coming and Asahi having a small little moral conundrum on his hands. Not too heavy for the show, and they don't undercut it. Nice.

That 2nd half tho bro? Even better. I was waiting for Kilmaria's human disguise, and I really like how passionately curious she's become about human culture thanks to her constantly running into and slowly becoming sorta buddy-buddy with Asahi and (less so) Maya. She has so many precious moments here like when she's going "holy shit, look at the weaklings, look at the weaklings, omygod i wanna blow up those big buildings...horsey...bridge". They also finally used a relatively interesting track for when she asks Asahi if he wants to abandon his sister to become a demon and he turns that down because he doesn't wanna abandon his sister. Couple that with Kilmaria's cute and ever-constant remarks about how burdensome and inconvenient all these aspects of humanity are, and we actually get to see some character moments for Asahi as he tries to wrangle her through human life and stand up for his race. Also, that ending with them and Maya eating was really cute and fun, especially with Kilmaria's violently failed prank and her slowly crumbling pride as she tries not to gas up her rival's cooking. Tone down Maya's brocon shit and have most of the show be shit like this entire 2nd half, and I'd straight-up have a good time. Polish up the production on top of that and slowly add more of the interesting tracks, and yea, I could see a legitimately good show here and not just one that oscillates between kinda bad, kinda mediocre, and pretty decent.

Also, even more than when we saw him be washed-up in ep 3, it was fun seeing Siegfried come back and get scared shitless of Kilmaria upon a single handshake cuz it immediately made him recognize her as the one who one-shot his entire party. Also, everything about the bar scene was great. Seriously, I cannot emphasize enough how much Kilmaria carries this show and brings the best out of EVERYONE!

Also tfw the one time we actually get some character work and some ideas actually being entertained or almost coming to a head regarding certain arcs and threads, and it's labelled "filler" like bruh
CodeBlazeFateMay 14, 2023 3:00 AM
May 15, 2023 8:47 PM

Mar 2008
Cant get enough of Killmaria. I kind of thought it was her in disguise before she made it more obvious.
May 27, 2023 6:48 AM
Jun 2022
One of the best episode ever
Jun 1, 2023 6:59 PM

Nov 2009
I am actually getting kinda tired of Asahi's constantly lying and bragging about his strength...

At first, he had to do it due to a misunderstanding, but now... he's pretty much trying to do it on purpose at all times to get bunch of perks.

Kilmaria best Demon General AND part-onee-chan AND best Village Girl.

We know that since she was first introduced, by the fact that she didn't actually "kill" any of Siegfried party members.

Kilmaria is truly the cutest Demon in this series, lol.

(she also reminds me of Ilya from Priconne, best tsundere vampire, lol)

Tho... affection level with the cute Gyaru guild girl has gone down...
amlgJun 1, 2023 7:11 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Oct 18, 2023 2:20 AM

Jan 2022
I like how the skeletons looked at each other as if they couldn't believe what they're seeing. They're even kind enough to wait.
Feb 17, 7:00 AM

Apr 2013
A bit of a low budget episode this time. They are a fun trio, didn't expect the receptionist to become jealous, I thought she was mostly trying to use our MC.

More topics from this board

» About the adaptation

TEMPEST_1 - May 21

6 by TEMPEST_1 »»
May 24, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Isekai One Turn Kill Neesan: Ane Douhan no Isekai Seikatsu Hajimemashita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2023

121 by Jay_Woo »»
Apr 14, 5:34 AM

» I gave this show a 9/10! I've done my part!

LordKirkis - Feb 7

32 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 25, 4:55 PM

» OP versus ED Disparity

absolutelynormal - Apr 29, 2023

15 by StarCry »»
Mar 7, 8:40 PM

» Love the sense of humor in this show!

LordKirkis - Jun 16, 2023

9 by Gator »»
Feb 20, 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.