Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2023 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
I know Anne can be quite emotional sometimes, but this is the first time she's cried into Shall's arms.

Feels like this episode really moved their relationship with more emotional impact. Even after all the teasing, it's shown that Shall truly cares about her. Only one more episode left!
Mar 17, 2023 6:29 AM

Jul 2011
A little history lesson.

Honestly I'm surprised by the fact the workshop goons didn't destroyed Anne sculpture, while Shall gone save Anne.

I approved that Shall killing those people. Like very extremely ok, if he had.
Mar 17, 2023 6:34 AM

Feb 2019
Some good world building and lore today explaining the relationship between fairies and humans.

Man I’m getting really tired of how stupid some people are in this series, though. First of all how you gonna get mad at Anne because she showing up someone that’s not even you. Sammy wasn’t even involved in the contest, Keith himself wasn’t upset about Anne’s creation and welcomed the competition. The nut riding was kind of crazy today.

Then, how can you debate Anne on who Fucking kidnapped and tried to burn her hands off. I think she’d know. Plus she would have no reason to defend a pos who defrauded and tried to kill her before 🤦🏽‍♂️ the master of that studio and apprentices are all idiots. I wanna see Jonas get fucked up but not in place of someone who deserves it like Sammy.
Mar 17, 2023 7:36 AM

Apr 2014
Radcliffe Workshop!? It's more like a shitty workshop. No wonder why Sammy and his co. are so this trashy because in this workshop everyone is trash from the boss to his subordinates. Like leader, like follower. What is their leader look like, the followers will tend to be like that.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 17, 2023 8:44 AM
Aug 2022
I just finished this episode...and it was really good.
I especially loved the whole possessive vibe that Challe was giving of, as well as the threats.
Was it just me...or did they really just show Challe's vulnerability when he thought that he would be too late to save Anne, like he couldn't save Liz for whatever reason...?
Am excited for last episode...
also why do I think that Master Radcliffe was a part of this...and Hugh gives of sus vibes
Mar 17, 2023 9:05 AM

Mar 2020
Some good points from this episode, like Anne finishing her confection, but if there's one thing I find a bit weak about recent shoujo shows, it's just that the drama is so predictable, and the villains are just so shallow. It's always the maltreatment of the MC and then misunderstandings ensue from it. We'll see what happens next time in the finale.
Mar 17, 2023 9:32 AM

Jul 2017
Anne feeling emotionally disconnected in one of various many ways: Challe being Kieth's sugar confection fairy model, and of course there's Bridget trying to win her way into his heart that she's purchase him without any hesitation. Going to the nearby temple to seek a course, the story between the King Cedric and the Fairy King and their relationship, it's pretty much like Anne and Challe.

having finally found a piece that she wants to create, working day and night at the Radcliffe Workshop to finish her piece just in time for the Sugar Confection Exhibition, it is a marvelous piece of work of art that has Kieth all worried about his part. As usual, Jonas this time is only part of the equation of the feud between Anne and the Radcliffe school, and NGL, these kind of "damsel in distress" moments are already annoying in and of itself. If that's not enough, Sammy and his men are shielded from the master himself, and staying further in the school would only bring both Jonas and Anne more harm.

On the bright side, this show has only the finale to go left. Hoping for a decent finale amidst the shallowness of what the anime has been thus far.

Mcsuper said:
but if there's one thing I find a bit weak about recent shoujo shows, it's just that the drama is so predictable, and the villains are just so shallow. It's always the maltreatment of the MC and then misunderstandings ensue from it.
This is the exact reason why Shoujo shows nowadays don't have a lot of staying power, falling back into romance when there's nothing else of note.
Mar 17, 2023 9:45 AM

Dec 2013
That was really hard to watch, I imagined he would do the usual stealing the sugar / destroying the statue but going ahead and ruin her hands is too much, Shall knows humans more than anyone and it was great how he told him that Radcliffe is no saint.
Mar 17, 2023 9:49 AM

Feb 2021
Does Sammy love Keith that much to do all that just because Keith felt "uneasy"?

At this point I'm questioning the motivation of these characters. 
Mar 17, 2023 10:39 AM
Feb 2016
Angst for sake of the angst. Horrible, badly written, repetitive.
Mar 17, 2023 10:53 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty predictable, but it was fun seeing Challe so mad. I wasn't expecting the hand-burning threat; that was cool.

idk I know this show lacks depth, but I'm having fun regardless
Mar 17, 2023 10:56 AM
Oct 2021
Probably the most intense episode so far, I was not expecting that threat!
Mar 17, 2023 11:53 AM

Jun 2015
One day... I will kill you all. Just wait. I will not fail. I will kill you.

Edit
About time I updated my tag line
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 17, 2023 12:08 PM

Jan 2022
Like usual, everyone hates on woman and a lot of drama is surrounding Anne. But as usual, Challe is there to save her, but imo them being kicked out won't really be a problem anyway since she got her candy as wanted. We might get more drama with people trying to capture Challe and maybe the candy in the final episode, or it could just be an happy fairy tale, who knows.
I like everything, ok
Mar 17, 2023 12:48 PM
Jun 2022
A full episode of the drama. Sigh... One of the things that bothers me is Jonas confronting whatever named bstrd. He is against damaging someone's hand severely yet he is the traitor who tried to feed Ann and boys to wolfs. Good riddance. Should I laugh to the irony? Really this author likes drama for sure.
Mar 17, 2023 12:51 PM
Jun 2022
rikiki109 said:
it could just be an happy fairy tale, who knows.
I don't want to spoil it but at most they may confess to each other. And I suggest you to look at light novel covers. You'll have the happy fairy tale there.
Mar 17, 2023 12:53 PM

Jan 2013
Majoux said:
A full episode of the drama. Sigh... One of the things that bothers me is Jonas confronting whatever named bstrd. He is against damaging someone's hand severely yet  he is the traitor who tried to feed Ann and boys to wolfs. Good riddance. Should I laugh to the irony? Really this author likes drama for sure.
I'm not going to defend this forced drama, but Jonas didn't try to kill her, it was a distraction, there was little doubt that Challe could protect her. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 17, 2023 1:12 PM
Feb 2015
Who would make a report of their own crimes?
Clearly somebody doesn't play enough Amogus 🤪🤪🤪🤯🤯🤮🤩🤩🤩
Jonas was an eyesore as usual and he actually confessed he hates Anne which was somewhat amusing but at least from this episode he has some decency, but now I can't wait to see how that Sammy loser gets humiliated next episode, he MUST be humiliated or else I'm calling this the worst anime ever.
Mar 17, 2023 1:29 PM

May 2015
Yikes. That sucks. To think there were even bigger scums than Jonas. But now he'll sure hate Anne even more.

But I liked how savage Challe was with protecting her.
Mar 17, 2023 2:46 PM

Sep 2020
Why can't they just have a competition normally and keep trying to hurt her, these villains are very annoying, luckily Shall save her in the end
Mar 17, 2023 5:32 PM

Apr 2015
At least there is someone to distract from hating Jonas. Putting someone's hand in boiling water. That's pretty messed up.

It's kind of funny the church is revealed to be teaching a load of crap.
Mar 17, 2023 5:45 PM

Dec 2022
just when it seemed like maybe things were taking a turn for the better for everyone, even including that complete dumbass idiot moron Jonas, everything gets all screwed up again
this poor Ann just can't catch a break can she?
Mar 17, 2023 7:36 PM

Sep 2017
LostSpectre said:
Majoux said:
A full episode of the drama. Sigh... One of the things that bothers me is Jonas confronting whatever named bstrd. He is against damaging someone's hand severely yet  he is the traitor who tried to feed Ann and boys to wolfs. Good riddance. Should I laugh to the irony? Really this author likes drama for sure.
I'm not going to defend this forced drama, but Jonas didn't try to kill her, it was a distraction, there was little doubt that Challe could protect her. 

I find it hard to believe Jonas wasn’t trying to kill her. There are so many other things he could have done to slow Anne down, but choosing to have blood and stuff thrown with a pack of wolves in pursuit? Sure Challe can easily defend her if he’s around but what if he was on the can or something? Like I said I find it hard to believe.

I will say it’s an interesting theory that I never thought about though.
I wish more people watched Chobits.
Mar 17, 2023 8:31 PM

Sep 2018
More of the same shit, one more episode to go, we can do this. Seeing Shall that agitated was a highlight though, I'll admit.
Mar 17, 2023 11:38 PM
Jul 2022
This episode defiantly made up for the last one as was the drama between Anne and Challe was cleared up in a good amount of time and we got LORE. Damn Sammy, Jonas ya did good I am proud.
Mar 18, 2023 12:40 AM

Jan 2021
Sammy... is already ugly in looks but he's also ugly in behavior.

I'm really mad about this drama because on the one hand I feel like it's just a rehashed conflict with only a few differences, but on the other hand I feel really sorry for Ann and I really hate seeing all those rotten Radcliffe members.

But seeing Shall who is usually quite calm or even unflappable in any case suddenly agitated, scared and full of anger was nice. I fully approve and support Shall killing them all after the competition is over.

Mar 18, 2023 10:20 AM

Nov 2018
I kinda glad that misunderstading was quickly resolve, Hopefully no more misunderstading happens in last episode.

The episode give us a world building around it that tell about Battle between King Fairy and King Cendric in the past. That make Ann inspired to make flower symbol from that, Great Job Ann.

As I say in previous episode Radcliffe Workshop was A bunch of Scumbags that make a shame of making Sugar Apple Practice. This episode their give us what mentality of this scumbags implemented in their minds (Both Old and Youth) that was "If Radcliffe not win the competition, No one will". Why I have this conclusion you may ask, It because Sammy always bring Radcliffe when catching Ann even warned Jonas to not intervene Sammy who gonna about to force Ann hands into Hot Water / Apple Sugar. 

I not gonna shock if the owner was involved behind the scene, Because the mentality was so mess up their will do anything for win the competition, Even if it was make person to suffer (Including their own kind).
Hope those scumbags lose in the end for this kind of mess up thing their do, and hopefully keith can remake the workshop system from scrath after this competition done.
Yunohi-kunMar 18, 2023 11:02 AM
Mar 19, 2023 3:08 AM

Nov 2012
She should want to leave. She has her piece and sugar. Get ghost. If he's expelling family, he obviously has a lot riding on Sammy. He's probably been covering Sammy's bullying for years.

Crazy girl is going to do something I think. 
Mar 19, 2023 10:20 AM
Sep 2022
I am impressed with it. I thought this episode will just be full of misunderstandings and hurt feelings but they kept the SAFT theme. Not going totally in relationships but still have an occupying presence.

I loved this one.
Sad that it is the second last episode
Mar 19, 2023 10:31 AM

Sep 2017
dragynfaerie said:
She should want to leave. She has her piece and sugar. Get ghost. If he's expelling family, he obviously has a lot riding on Sammy. He's probably been covering Sammy's bullying for years.

I sure hope Anne does something. Let justice prevail! 🥰
I wish more people watched Chobits.
Mar 19, 2023 4:23 PM

Mar 2021
I finished 11 episodes in a day lol, what a ride. Loved seeing Challe jealous and am sure as hell relieved nothing happened To Anne’s hand. 
Also OP is an absolute banger. Can’t wait for the finale and hope we are going to get a 2nd season/some merch cause I am in love. 
Mar 19, 2023 9:51 PM

Nov 2012
Skoorb said:
dragynfaerie said:

I sure hope Anne does something. Let justice prevail! 🥰

Anne surely will.
The crazy girl I was referring to is the snobbish rude one that's obsessed with Challe. I think she will become desperate and do something.
Mar 20, 2023 7:14 AM

Jan 2023
challe's reply are crazy
"A rotten disciples.... only comes from a rotten master"
XDXD
damn that was hilarious

Mar 20, 2023 7:37 PM

Aug 2019
Pretty great episode imo

We learned a bit more about the kingdom and how the human king and fairy king wanted to create a world where humans and fairies could live together, and how the fairy king ended up dying, and the human king couldn't create the world his friend wanted.

Anne completes her sugar confection, but Sammy and the other members of Radcliffe can't bear the thought of her being better than them so they try to burn her hands but are stopped by Challe. And now it looks like both her and Jonas are going to be forced to leave with 3 barrels of silver sugar, which I'm assuming isn't the amount she was going to get at the start right? I honestly can't remember. But also does that mean she won't be able to enter the contest? There's only one episode left ;_;

Also that school seriously needs to get cleansed. And while I hope something happens to Jonas after everything he's done, Sammy seriously deserves it too
AlkimiaMar 20, 2023 7:50 PM
Mar 20, 2023 7:56 PM

Aug 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Man I’m getting really tired of how stupid some people are in this series, though. First of all how you gonna get mad at Anne because she showing up someone that’s not even you. Sammy wasn’t even involved in the contest, Keith himself wasn’t upset about Anne’s creation and welcomed the competition. The nut riding was kind of crazy today.

Then, how can you debate Anne on who Fucking kidnapped and tried to burn her hands off. I think she’d know. Plus she would have no reason to defend a pos who defrauded and tried to kill her before 🤦🏽‍♂️ the master of that studio and apprentices are all idiots. I wanna see Jonas get fucked up but not in place of someone who deserves it like Sammy.
Bro fr LOL agree with both of your points. They both better get punished in some way, although it may not go that way, but who knows
Mar 21, 2023 8:46 AM

Oct 2008
oh nice! feel the rage of Shall Fen Shall!!
4/5.

Mar 26, 2023 6:26 PM
Aug 2021
Super cute & entertaining!
Mar 28, 2023 4:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn they're really all against her... her sugar statue looks incredible no doubt she could win with it but Sammy trying to boil her hands was hardcore??? Jonas seems to be better now but he's taking the blame that's awful (though I won't complain for him, he kinda still deserves it after what he did at the beginning)
Mar 30, 2023 9:28 AM

Nov 2013
So many garbage characters... 

And no, I don't think Jonas redeemed himself here. He's less of a POS now though. 
Mar 31, 2023 2:27 AM
Jul 2014
Marinate1016 said:
Some good world building and lore today explaining the relationship between fairies and humans.

Same. Like Jonas needs to face the consequences of all he's done, but Sammy is a whole other level. I honestly want Sammy's hands burned. Since he wanted to do that to Anne, so I want his punishment to be what he tried to do. Both boys are pieces of crap.
Apr 5, 2023 4:54 AM

Nov 2013
yeah ok, this anime comes up with the most retarded excuses ever lmao
if this wasn't ep 11 i would have dropped it right when the guys tried to burn Anne's hand... but even then, the fact that multiple guys take forever to drag her hand... lol ok

the end with another trash reason to throw Anne out of the competition... good thing that she at least has her piece lmao

i'll watch next episode anyway, but i'm really losing any hope of wanting to watch season 2, Jesus Christ
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 28, 2023 9:53 AM

Mar 2013
What a terrible episode for Anne, it's so heartbreaking.

To think even the... still has some prejudice against Anne that she can't believe her own side of the story—
what's more, his Nephew was blamed but he only believes his apprentice side. 😰

I'm sad seeing the main character getting abused like that.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 4, 2023 10:33 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
It finally dawned on me with this episode how cliche as all hell it is for every person to hate on Anne for super arbitrary reasons. I usually hate shoujo relying on it for pity points.

Also the shop lead believing the disciple after he's been nasty about her the whole time.

Thankfully only one episode left, not sure how to feel about the story since it's been back and forth with quality.
Sep 22, 2023 9:50 AM

Jul 2015
Dammit, even though Challe isn't allowed to kill them, I really wish he would've dunked their heads into the boiling pot for what they did to Ann.

Although still shitty guy, bit of respect to Jonas for getting Challe to help Ann.

Oct 8, 2023 9:57 AM

Jun 2014
How could they try to do that to Ann? It was horrible. Thank goodness that Shall showed up. I guess that Jonas isn't quite the worst of them.

Sammy must pay for what he's done! But, how will they prove his guilt?

Nov 15, 2023 6:00 AM

Mar 2011
I knew it was a trap right away... At least Jonas wasn't part of it this time (still don't like him but at least he got Anne help). The scene when Challe saves Anne would have been more impactful and emotional if she wouldn't have cried like that. It made me laugh... Still a nice moment between them.

Anne's sculpture is really beautiful. Too bad Sammy heard what Keith said to her even if he meant to compliment her. Sammy is totally insane.

But the prize of worst character of this episode goes to *drumrolls*... Jonas' uncle who will be uncle of the year. Trusting his favorite student more than his nephew (says a lot when even he doesn't like Jonas. Still...). He could believe Anne since she was the victim. She wouldn't have any reason to defend Jonas if it wasn't true. So his overreacting like a diva was unnecessary...

So the fairy king and human king were friends but later fought each other. The fact Challe knew his name and story makes me think the obsidian he was born from when Liz looked at it was part of the fairy king's sword.
Wildflower3Nov 15, 2023 6:05 AM
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Dec 6, 2023 10:59 PM
Feb 2023
This was hard to watch... even more so after watching episode ten. For an Anime involving sugar it isn't afraid to pack some of the most sour and bitter topics in consecutive punches I'm surpirsed how accurately this anime portrays not only power abuse but also sexism and other dark topics.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

127 by sunshine_inpiece »»
Mar 29, 6:27 AM

» Unpopular opinion: I’m gonna defend Bridget >3

AngelMilky_15 - Jul 17, 2023

14 by zaverix »»
Mar 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

166 by WanderingGoddess »»
Jan 29, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zaxphred - Jan 27, 2023

87 by CarbonMD »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

66 by Wildflower3 »»
Nov 15, 2023 5:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.