Deagle_zero's Profile Back to Deagle_zero's Profile

Feb 9, 2013
Kokoro Connect: Michi Random (Anime) add
25 people found this review helpful
At the time of writing, these last 4 episodes of Kokoro Connect were ranked #147 on MAL.

Overrated. Definitely overrated.

****Spoilers may be found from here on****

Story (5/10): Michi Random picks up directly from where the main series left off and yet again we find the plot centred on Iori. This time, emotional transmissions galore.

Seriously, guys, why don't we just call it "Iori Connect" already?

To sum it up, Iori gets depressed (AGAIN) because she doesn't know who her "real 'me'" is.

Cue 4 episodes of conversations that go like this:

Random CRC Member (Aoki/Yui/Inaba/Taichi): "Dude, you're not acting like your normal self."

Iori:"That's because you don't know the real 'me'!" read more
Jul 13, 2012
Steins;Gate (Anime) add
10 people found this review helpful
****Warning! Spoilers in this review****

So less than 24 hours after finishing Steins;Gate I feel obliged to write a review for it (and no I didn't do any time leaps or send any D-Mails to give myself more thinking time).

Before I begin, I'll be honest with you. I tried as much as I could to find something wrong with this anime while reviewing it. Why? Because a disturbing trend has emerged where new, decent-but-not-superb shows in recent seasons are ranking easily into MAL's top 30 (and Steins;Gate appeared to be one of them). And personally I don't think that's a good thing.

Anyway...prejudices aside, Steins;Gate did prove read more
Oct 1, 2011
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (Manga) add
4 people found this review helpful
Remember when you were a child you used to read fairy tales where the handsome prince got the princess in the end? Remember how no-one even LOOKED at nerds at school? Remember how 80% of romance manga have a weak protagonist?

Dump all that stuff into a bin and send it straight to hell.

Welcome to Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (aka The World God Only Knows).

It's a whole new different ball game.

It's also the most awesome & hilarious harem/romance manga (+anime) EVER.

Like EVER.

Story (10/10): Two words: incredible genius.

Throw in a guy who hates girls (but loves game ones).

Throw in several dozen girls who hate this guy read more
Aug 26, 2011
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Anime) add
28 people found this review helpful
I am truly amazed at how high this anime is ranked here on MAL. I'm guessing this is an indicator of how ignorant many people are as to what makes a good anime.

Firstly, I admit that I watched Gurren Lagann a whole year ago, so my memory of it isn't 100% exact. However, I am constantly frustrated by how overhyped and overrated this anime is.

Story: 5/10.

The plot is nothing but your average shounen anime 'feel-good' stuff. But oh wait Kamina the cool guy gets killed off early and then there's this OMG-monstrous 7 year timeskip to the 2nd part of the anime where everything becomes read more