Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi' Gets TV Anime

New
Nov 8, 2021 4:47 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Aniplex opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Souichirou Yamamoto's Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi (In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki) manga on Tuesday, revealing the main staff, lead cast, a teaser visual (pictured), and teaser promo. The anime series is scheduled for a 2022 premiere.

Staff
Director: Takudai Kakuchi (Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season episode director)
Series Composition: Konomi Shugo (Tropical-Rouge! Precure script)
Character Design: Yousuke Okuda (Blend S)
Music: Yuusuke Shirato (Lost Song)
Studio: CloverWorks

Voice actress Yuuko Natsuyoshi (Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha) is starring as the protagonist Tsubaki. The teaser promotional video previews the ending theme "Akane-gumi Katsudou Nisshi ~ Inuhan."

Synopsis
The isolationist Akane Clan, composed of an all-girls body mainly consisting of young kunoichi in training, has a code to which they all must adhere: "As men are dangerous beings, interacting with them is forbidden."

Kunoichi Tsubaki, the leader of the Dog Squad, is an excellent trainee with a promising future, but she has started to experience a strange feeling in her heart... whenever the subject of boys is brought up. (Source: MU, edited)

Yamamoto began drawing the comedy slice of life manga in Gessan in January 2018. Shogakukan published the fifth volume last August, with the sixth volume shipping on Friday.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://kunoichi-tsubaki.com/
Official Twitter: @tsubaki_anime

Source: PR Times

Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi on MAL
VindstotNov 8, 2021 8:11 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 8, 2021 5:26 PM

May 2018
Is it next series of his that repeats 1 chapter scheme for 100 chapters ?
Also I'm assuming it's another softcore fantasy for lolicons.
Nov 8, 2021 5:57 PM

Nov 2008
This is basically going to be the next Gochiusa, if it's handled right.

Nov 8, 2021 5:58 PM

Jul 2019
Good news, the author makes based manga so I look forward to this
Nov 8, 2021 6:09 PM

Aug 2010
Surprised to see this get a PV first when Soredemo Ayumu wo Yosetekuru from the same author was announced first for anime adaptation. And wow CloverWorks is having a lot of projects, feels like recent anime news are mostly by them.
Nov 8, 2021 6:20 PM

May 2013
Another adaptation for one of the great mangaka's of the modern era
Nov 8, 2021 6:28 PM
Jun 2013
Author has 3 different series being adapted in anime at the same time, this is probably some record breaking lol
Nov 8, 2021 6:36 PM

Sep 2009
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Author has 3 different series being adapted in anime at the same time, this is probably some record breaking lol

Last season had adaptations of 3 mangas from CoolKyoShinja (though, for one of them he was only drawing, not writing the plot).
Nov 8, 2021 6:45 PM
Jul 2018
>CloverWorks

Here we go again...
Nov 8, 2021 7:16 PM
Jul 2015
damn this guy is conquering. All started from a forehead girl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2021 7:45 PM

Oct 2017
Story focusing on Kunoichi, seems interesting
Nov 8, 2021 7:56 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
That is insane lol....Congrats to them
Nov 8, 2021 10:12 PM

Apr 2012
Guys? Isn't this manga all-female?
Nov 8, 2021 10:47 PM

Jul 2015
Dragevard said:
It was inevitable. Now that the holy trinity is complete. It's only a matter of time until Karakai Jozu no (Moto) Takagi-san gets an anime. Most likely at the end of the third season of Takagi-san

True that. I assume they plan to adapt it whole, including next generation.

And synopsis of this one gives me somewhat Love Lab vibes. Anyone?
And I hope we won't get a cursed CloverWorks Ending yet again.

Nov 8, 2021 11:06 PM

Feb 2020
Hopefully it's not as boring as Takagi-san.
Nov 8, 2021 11:30 PM

Sep 2020
Awful character design 😬
Nov 8, 2021 11:49 PM

May 2020
Haven't even seen a single one of his work yet, maybe I can start now.
Nov 9, 2021 12:31 AM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
pretty much. up to latest, there is only 1 male character appearance. and another 1 in flashback.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 9, 2021 12:49 AM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:
pretty much. up to latest, there is only 1 male character appearance. and another 1 in flashback.

And while the whole plot is still built on the girls' desire to see the boys?
Nov 9, 2021 1:17 AM
May 2017
It's Cloverworks so it will rushed or the story would be ruined.
Nov 9, 2021 1:31 AM

May 2009
Chiribei said:
>CloverWorks

Here we go again...
almightybismarck said:

There is no story, it's CGDCT about horny but pure ninja girls.
Stop being so butthurt over Neverland S2, it's not their fault producers ordered them to wrap up whole story in 11 episodes.
Nov 9, 2021 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
bastek66 said:
Chiribei said:
>CloverWorks

Here we go again...
almightybismarck said:

Stop being so butthurt over Neverland S2, it's not their fault producers ordered them to wrap up whole story in 11 episodes.

I literally just said their name. I haven't even seen Neverland nor do I care about Neverland, don't get your panties twisted.

You're right that it's not CloverWorks' own fault, the blame is on Aniplex and the related producers for everything that went wrong with their recent projects. However, CloverWorks are still in a "master/servant" relationship with Aniplex, so the massive amount of new projects they're animating are likely still going to be plagued with the same problems that Aniplex production fuckery caused with their past projects (and with other studios too, particularly Shaft), and that's what my concern is.

They have the means to solve these issues (like A-1 did), but they won't, because the money Sony/Aniplex pays them makes all the suffering they do to meet their deadlines worth it, apparently.
removed-userNov 9, 2021 2:04 AM
Nov 9, 2021 2:28 AM
Jul 2013
Just from the PV alone it seems like the entire point of this series would be on her being a loli. Meh... I thought people grew out of this gimmick.
Nov 9, 2021 2:37 AM
May 2017
bastek66 said:
Chiribei said:
>CloverWorks

Here we go again...
almightybismarck said:

Cloverworks even destroyed Wonder Egg Priorities and rushed Horiyama that half of the Manga readers hated it.

Also, you could have explained it to me in a much nicer manners. People like you force optimism on others everything they see someone angry even if had reason. What I said was nothing for you to get angry about. And only you don't have a right to be angry.
Nov 9, 2021 2:39 AM
May 2017
Chiribei said:
bastek66 said:

I literally just said their name. I haven't even seen Neverland nor do I care about Neverland, don't get your panties twisted.

You're right that it's not CloverWorks' own fault, the blame is on Aniplex and the related producers for everything that went wrong with their recent projects. However, CloverWorks are still in a "master/servant" relationship with Aniplex, so the massive amount of new projects they're animating are likely still going to be plagued with the same problems that Aniplex production fuckery caused with their past projects (and with other studios too, particularly Shaft), and that's what my concern is.

They have the means to solve these issues (like A-1 did), but they won't, because the money Sony/Aniplex pays them makes all the suffering they do to meet their deadlines worth it, apparently.

Don't take him seriously he got Keanu Reeves on his profile picture. He is clearly a Redditor.
Nov 9, 2021 2:55 AM
Jul 2018
almightybismarck said:
Chiribei said:

Don't take him seriously he got Keanu Reeves on his profile picture. He is clearly a Redditor.

Can't argue with that, you make a good point.
Nov 9, 2021 2:56 AM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kuma said:

only 1 girl want to see boys. the rest isn't. and there is like 40 girls character soo far.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 9, 2021 3:00 AM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:

only 1 girl want to see boys. the rest isn't. and there is like 40 girls character soo far.

So you want to say that this is all female version of Horimiya?
Nov 9, 2021 3:36 AM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kuma said:

it's pretty much CGDCT with TONS of character.
Nov 9, 2021 3:39 AM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:

Did I ever deny that it was CGDCT? All I said was that the main characters' goal is to find guys. A kind of Love Lab, only with zero knowledge at all.
Nov 9, 2021 3:58 AM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kuma said:

Did I ever deny that it was CGDCT? All I said was that the main characters' goal is to find guys. A kind of Love Lab, only with zero knowledge at all.
the only character who interested to find a guy is ONLY tsubaki, the rest of girls isn't. and only relevant plot for 4 chapter at tops. it's just one of her gimmicks, that's about it. most series chapter is about her taking care of her group as prefect older sister figure and how other ninja team view and interact on her and her team.
Nov 9, 2021 4:04 AM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:

the only character who interested to find a guy is ONLY tsubaki, the rest of girls isn't. and only relevant plot for 4 chapter at tops. it's just one of her gimmicks, that's about it. most series chapter is about her taking care of her group as prefect older sister figure and how other ninja team view and interact on her and her team.

Oh. Dude, I don't understand why this is SUDDENLY so personal to you, but I never said that they are all horny or that literally the whole purpose of manga is to find dick. I will not even point out that even the synopsis on the official site makes an important emphasis on this, just chill out.
Nov 9, 2021 4:53 AM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kuma said:

Oh. Dude, I don't understand why this is SUDDENLY so personal to you, but I never said that they are all horny or that literally the whole purpose of manga is to find dick. I will not even point out that even the synopsis on the official site makes an important emphasis on this, just chill out.
I AM chill. but yeah, the "male" part was kinda misleading. i just pointed that out in case anyone expecting them. no, there will be no male character, nor any chapter that male character will be matter. most chapter about looking for male usually just tsubaki found a sign of male existence, made excuse to look for it, then it turn out to be comedic punchline.
KumaNov 9, 2021 4:56 AM
Nov 9, 2021 4:54 AM

Feb 2019
Designs aren't bad, could warrant a try.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Nov 9, 2021 4:57 AM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:

I AM chill. but yeah, the "male" part was kinda misleading. i just pointed that out in case anyone expecting them.

Dude, the synopsis is about being interested in guys, not about being co-ed or a romantic show. You are at war with windmills.
Nov 9, 2021 5:41 AM
Aug 2021
Yah boi
2022 is the year of cute girls with big foreheads lol
But fr, so happy about all these Yamamoto Soichiro adaptations.
Life is like a tube of toothpaste
Nov 9, 2021 8:22 AM

Jan 2020
Lol, another all-girl anime we didn’t need. So tired of this crap.
Nov 9, 2021 10:23 AM

May 2009
almightybismarck said:
Cloverworks even destroyed Wonder Egg Priorities and rushed Horiyama that half of the Manga readers hated it.

Also, you could have explained it to me in a much nicer manners. People like you force optimism on others everything they see someone angry even if had reason. What I said was nothing for you to get angry about. And only you don't have a right to be angry.

Cloverworks created WEP so they could destroy it.
Horimiya manga was one big nothing for years, anime was created as commercial for finishing manga.
almightybismarck said:

I hate that lefty shithole and I have this avatar for like 10 years now.
Nov 9, 2021 2:25 PM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kuma said:
I AM chill. but yeah, the "male" part was kinda misleading. i just pointed that out in case anyone expecting them.

Dude, the synopsis is about being interested in guys, not about being co-ed or a romantic show. You are at war with windmills.
and the plot about interested in guys is rarely matter in manga. think of love lab anime but discussion about male is 1/10 of that.
Nov 9, 2021 2:35 PM

May 2018
Chiribei said:
bastek66 said:

I'm not convinced that cloverwork is innocent. They cut most of Promised Neverland (what was left they animated below average), cut half of horimiya, half-assed Wonder Egg ending and removed mystery elements from shadows house.
And if they are innocent in this relationship it would mean they are bullied by Aniplex while they are taking it easy on other studios.
Nov 9, 2021 4:48 PM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:

and the plot about interested in guys is rarely matter in manga. think of love lab anime but discussion about male is 1/10 of that.

Dude, you keep making this unhealthy personal again. Or is it such a subtle way of trolling?
Nov 9, 2021 4:51 PM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kuma said:

Dude, you keep making this unhealthy personal again. Or is it such a subtle way of trolling?
i just trying to explaining the plot.
Nov 9, 2021 4:54 PM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:

You already said everything you wanted, I answered. But you continue to artificially continue this conversation, as if you are trying to leave the last word for yourself.
Nov 9, 2021 4:57 PM
Nov 2021
Lots of kawaii female-lead anime coming next year, I love it.
Nov 9, 2021 5:16 PM

Mar 2015
RobertBobert said:
Kuma said:

You already said everything you wanted, I answered. But you continue to artificially continue this conversation, as if you are trying to leave the last word for yourself.
i am just bad at ending conversation man. i tough you still didn't believe me. sorry.
Nov 9, 2021 5:19 PM

Apr 2012
Kuma said:
RobertBobert said:

i am just bad at ending conversation man. i tough you still didn't believe me. sorry.

Perhaps my impression is somewhat different, but I don't see a problem if you disagree. I hate things that get too personal for no good reason.
Nov 9, 2021 8:37 PM
May 2017
bastek66 said:
almightybismarck said:

Cloverworks created WEP so they could destroy it.
Horimiya manga was one big nothing for years, anime was created as commercial for finishing manga.
almightybismarck said:

I hate that lefty shithole and I have this avatar for like 10 years now.

Those aren't real arguments. They don't have the right to destroy a project if people pay to view it. It's not charity.

And even if Horiyama Anime was an ad there showed be a passion in it. The Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA were ad for the Light Novel and they were unique on their own.
Nov 9, 2021 8:39 PM
May 2017
klakson188 said:
Chiribei said:

I'm not convinced that cloverwork is innocent. They cut most of Promised Neverland (what was left they animated below average), cut half of horimiya, half-assed Wonder Egg ending and removed mystery elements from shadows house.
And if they are innocent in this relationship it would mean they are bullied by Aniplex while they are taking it easy on other studios.

Aniplex executives aren't the one that fund or produce all the Anime Cloverokrs makes. So, either CloverWorks have bad investors all the time or they are trash themselves.
Nov 11, 2021 6:06 AM

Jul 2017
Souichirou Yamamoto is a BASED author.

Takagi-san S3, Soredemo Ayumu, and now this one?

Would be VERY interesting if these 3 works come out IN THE SAME SEASON.
Dec 4, 2021 5:32 AM

Jul 2016
Another anime adaption by author of Takagi san. And its SOL and action? The premise os the same as his other works just different flavors, but gonna watch it

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Sakamoto Days' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Today

24 by Kampos »»
2 hours ago

» Science SARU Produces New 'Ghost in the Shell' TV Anime for 2026 ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - May 25

53 by Merve2Love »»
7 hours ago

» "Oshi no Ko" Season 2 Reveals Supporting Cast Pair, Opening Theme, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

14 by thebrentinator24 »»
Today, 7:42 AM

» 'Mashle' Anime Sequel Announced

Nioxys - Yesterday

20 by Yubisoft »»
Today, 4:50 AM

» TOHO Strengthens Animation Division with Acquisition of Science SARU

Vindstot - May 24

13 by uncleqrow »»
Yesterday, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.