Forum Settings
Forums

Weekly Shounen Jump Cancels 'Act-age' Serialization

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 19, 2020 5:51 AM

Mar 2015
Raratah said:
Bro I am tried of this cancel culture. Ya the author fucked up and will be punished accordingly, but does jump really need to scrub the series off the face of the earth? I don't agree with that one bit.
first time? your brother has caught using drugs? you lose your job as well. your parents have history of unpaid debt? sorry, we can deny your employment. oh you have tattoo? you can't access 80% of public venue. welcome to japan.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 19, 2020 3:44 PM

Mar 2014
Raratah said:
Bro I am tried of this cancel culture. Ya the author fucked up and will be punished accordingly, but does jump really need to scrub the series off the face of the earth? I don't agree with that one bit.

No one wants to be associated with pedos. It's bad for business.

Specially a business model like Shounen Jump, who target mostly early adults and teens.

You dont need le "SJW NPC cucks soyboys" strawman, it's cold, capitalist logic.

It's not like the series had anything pedo-esque, or that liking it makes you some sort of accomplice, but keeping it on official sales will keep giving part of the profits for the idiot writer.

Oh, well, goodbye, anime adaptation.
FabrisAug 19, 2020 3:47 PM
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Aug 19, 2020 7:04 PM

Nov 2014
Just because he was arrested doesn't mean he can't continue his job... once he is out can still continue working on it, that if he wants and the audience shows some interest but still, it won't have the support of being released on shonen jump. So it loses what could have been an incredible boost on popularity, along his new stained reputation, it will be quite hard to make it a success.

error5000Aug 19, 2020 7:08 PM
Aug 21, 2020 9:43 AM

Sep 2016
Fabris said:
There it goes in the dustbin of history a excellent manga, with touching arcs and characters.
Hope the artist get's a new job soon in the market. She's talented as hell and did nothing wrong.

For those who liked the Acting setting for a Drama with female lead: go read Kasane. Bonus: It's finished.

RiseUp_SS-kun said:
It doesn't matter to me what crime anyone commits, I don't really like to see any series get cancelled it hurts my heart.

Anime community was a mistake...

Shame on you having no regards for a series, learn to separate artist and there creation.
Aug 21, 2020 6:25 PM

Mar 2015
RiseUp_SS-kun said:
Shame on you having no regards for a series, learn to separate artist and there creation.
if you actually have regards to series, you should think people who have to affiliated with and supporting pedophile if they continue the series. but you don't. you just projecting.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 23, 2020 9:31 AM
Aug 2015
Man IKR. bit heartbroken mate
Aug 25, 2020 10:15 AM

Sep 2016
Kuma said:
RiseUp_SS-kun said:
if you actually have regards to series, you should think people who have to affiliated with and supporting pedophile if they continue the series. but you don't. you just projecting.

Don't use big words like projecting when you don't care about buildup and effort required to build a well selling series, molesting doesn't mean pedophile stop spitting big words to win debates.
Aug 25, 2020 10:35 AM

Mar 2015
RiseUp_SS-kun said:
Kuma said:

Don't use big words like projecting when you don't care about buildup and effort required to build a well selling series, molesting doesn't mean pedophile stop spitting big words to win debates.
bruh, did you just saying you know more about build a well selling series more then the artist herself?
Aug 25, 2020 2:34 PM

Mar 2014
molesting doesn't mean pedophile stop spitting big words to win debates.

Molesting underaged victims IS being a pedophile...what do you THINK a pedophile is?

you don't care about buildup and effort required to build a well selling series

I do, but the author does not, otherwise he would not be doing that, right when he was on the verge of becoming famous and rich.

And potentially ruining the career of the artist (I really hope that is not the case) who was working with him for years.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Aug 25, 2020 7:48 PM

Jun 2019
Fabris said:
Molesting underaged victims IS being a pedophile...what do you THINK a pedophile is?

It's dependent upon the age of the girls in question. It seems as if news giving more specifics around this incident has been fairly scarce, or at least out of what I've seen posted thus far on MAL, but pedophilia is defined as a sustained attraction to specifically prepubescent children. Though that is separate entirely from the offense of molestation. There are pedophiles who don't molest anyone regardless of age and acts of molestation/sexual assault committed against those of all ages (including any adult age). It isn't something defined by "underaged" because it's classified in medical and psychiatric terms concerning biology and anatomy about attraction to those prior to their reaching a level of sexual development; the underaged thing is a legal issue not a medical one because what constitutes underaged is different in every jurisdiction and changes over time so is much more malleable and fluid but pedophilia has a strict biologically-based definition.

So, it can be said he is alleged to have committed molestation/sexual assault, but automatically labeling him a pedophile in addition is going too far and possibly inaccurate without further disclosure of personal information concerning the victims, like the girls' ages.

WatchTillTandavaAug 25, 2020 7:54 PM
Aug 25, 2020 8:57 PM

Jan 2014
Good. Hope this dude and everyone defending him rots.
Aug 29, 2020 12:57 AM
Jun 2020
That is really unfortunate. Hopefully no one else will ever do this, and Tatsuya Matsuki will change for the better. Best wishes to those who was affected by this incident.
Sep 2, 2020 9:31 PM
Feb 2019
Damn. I always wanted to see this animated, but I guess now it's certain I'll never see it.
Sep 16, 2020 12:19 PM
Dec 2017
At the very least, he didn't deny it and take it like a man. I'm not saying that molesting someone is good, but at the very least he tried to repent from his mistake. Bit of battered about when I almost jump to this, but I do believe that act age is good based on my own standards. I do hope he somehow "will" continue and I'll gladly enjoy it the next time he had the chance to.
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Dec 12, 2023 10:07 PM
Dec 2022
Yeah but now the series is gone and it's not in stores as i would love to see a anime adaptation by Madhouse and a English dub by Funimation so why won't the artist give the go ahead for a anime adaptation of Act Age with a second season with a anime original ending
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» "Oshi no Ko" Season 2 Reveals Supporting Cast Pair, Opening Theme, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

9 by MateofromSawX »»
4 minutes ago

» 'Mashle' Anime Sequel Announced

Nioxys - 11 hours ago

19 by Alpha-Nine »»
26 minutes ago

» Science SARU Produces New 'Ghost in the Shell' TV Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Yesterday

49 by Mirorin »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 23

23 by thebrentinator24 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made' Announces Additional Cast, Ending Theme

DatRandomDude - May 19

4 by memoire2s »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.