Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 8, 2016 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nanami seems to be adapting with her work surprisingly well. This girl definitely has a bright future ahead of her, looks like she has some fans already.

Not really sure how I feel about this whole manager deal. The Christmas theme segment was pretty silly although it looked like the girls had a lot of fun.
Dec 8, 2016 10:15 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
A little change!!! nice episode!!!
Dec 8, 2016 11:05 AM

Jul 2014
This shiz took a 180, CEO Namba took the serious tone to a whole new level with that deep voice attack on Kojo and his sister being a lazy ass bitch, Chitose realizing that she sucks, more development incoming! and now the big question, why did Gojo quit voice acting?
-StrayDec 9, 2016 4:01 AM
Dec 8, 2016 2:51 PM

Apr 2010
Looks like Chitose is hitting a wall she needs to overcome and she is having a very hard time with it.
Well if she tries she might get somewhere nice but she didn't show much motivation which makes me wonder if she will continue the way she was doing.
Dec 9, 2016 2:04 AM

Apr 2013
Damn fucking Kachou took it to a next level serious lmao.

And I think I understand what Watari meant by saying Nanami's introduction is the real start of the series.

At least Chitose has a new manager that can help her work harder.
Dec 9, 2016 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
Nanami is doing her work very well.

Chitose has a new manager! The birthday part was nice!
Dec 9, 2016 2:54 PM
Jul 2015
How have you seen it already?
Isn't it supposed to go out next week?
Dec 9, 2016 10:04 PM
Innocent PerVert

May 2014
MrCrypticGames said:
How have you seen it already?
Isn't it supposed to go out next week?

If you are watching it on crunchyroll then you are a week behind of the Japanese airing time. Crunchyroll started to stream the anime a week after the first ep release in Japan.
Currently Girlish Number is at EP 10 at the moment but in Legal streaming its at EP 9.
The only way that you can watch it is by other means that I am not going to say here
VertDec 9, 2016 10:09 PM

Dec 9, 2016 10:11 PM

Jun 2015
Wow, the best chapter so far.
f I had that subtle tone to the whole series, it would be superb.
Dec 10, 2016 9:45 PM

Aug 2015
They must've had Matsuoka in mind when they created the manager (Matsuoka) character. I mean, if her manager can get as many parts as the real Yoshitsugu then Chitose landed the fuckin' jackpot.
Dec 10, 2016 9:47 PM

Jan 2015
The Title should be "The Corrupted Chitose and Hot-blood Matsuoka". LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 10, 2016 10:05 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Quite the change in mood here.

I was totally not expecting President to use that serious tone, I was pretty shocked when he fired all those shots on Chitose. :o Though you can't blame him, Business is Business.

To be honest, This manager change might actually be the best thing that could have happened to Chitose. Gojou was always way too easy on her, Matsuoka on the other hand is very open about how Chitose puts in no effort at all. He might be making her work a lot but this should probably help her improve both her skill and situation.
I like Nanami, Glad to see her working hard and getting that CD debut. Chitose is finally realizing that she is actually no good after watching her, Ironic how Nanami looks upto her, though that in itself might be the reason Nanami's success is affecting Chitsoe so much.

The birthday party wasn't as cheery as I thought it would be.

What was up with the Kuzu scene at the end? XD

Post credits scene with Chitose realizing she was bad was pretty sad.
Dec 10, 2016 10:58 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Who's Matsuoka's seiyuu? It sounds like the real Matsuoka?

I was hoping to learn more about Gojou's past, but luckily this series hasnt forgotten about that as the post-ED scene teases that it'll probably be answered in the next episode.

Holy crap, when the CEO started talking with his deep voice, I held my breath. He was right though and that's how business works. Those who can't maintain their pace in the ever-growing race in the industry will fall behind and fail.

Chitose finally realizes that she lacks talent and ambition... finally!! And man, she's starting to cause her own downfall :(

5/5
Dec 10, 2016 11:10 PM
Mar 2015
Chitose and gojou take direct hit from Boss who is pushing Nanami and trying to push them out the door
Chitose was depressed because instead of announcing her birthday at the event they announced Nanami's CD debut That is why she was so depressed at the surprise party She realizes that everything she had is being given to Nanami. Even Gojou dropped her off and took Nanami home. It was like she had been deserted even by Gojou
Kuzu was thrown a lifeline by Tawada It makes him feel that he is still needed and wanted
At the end Chitose is watching Gojou's old shows and realizes he was just as bad as she is
Since she is considering quitting she wants to know why he quit
Dec 11, 2016 12:09 AM

Dec 2012
How the hell that Matsuoka able to push Chitose from couch into legendary right hand cornered into wall her. This doesn't make any sense did him carry her to wall to made that scene or Chitose run back to wall because his overly loud scream.

No matter how we see there are a long distance between wall and couch, how the hell this able to make sense. Chitose doesn't have any reason to lean herself into wall
Someone please explain how this could not defy law of logic.
OmniswordDec 11, 2016 12:13 AM
Dec 11, 2016 12:37 AM

Oct 2012
Omg I can't believe I didn't notice last ep but they changed the title card scene in the OP, now the center girl is Nanami and Chitose is crouched down in a corner

Seems like my initial impressions of Nanami were wrong, she truly is just an overly optimistic and cheerful girl. Seems that she's driving everyone to improve except for Chitose
It's tough seeing the gaping rift between Chitose and Gojo right now. We all know that they both care for each other more than they let on but they just can't say it straight out

Um... that was quite the development for Kuzu? Not quite what I expected but sure why not xD Pretty much the only funny thing that happened this ep apart from Tennis-kun's burning passion as well as his "Nice joke!" scenes with Chitose. It is good though that Tennis-kun seems to be pushing Chitose to try harder, he obviously had noticed her lack of devotion and unlike Gojo, he isn't babying her so I think the manager change might actually turn out beneficial to her

We can see how much Chitose is hurting now. There were so many scenes that made me cry for her, when the surprise she overheard was for Nanami and not her, when the fans coldly made comments about switching to Nanami, when she was walking during the festive events by herself, when she mentioned plainly just how bad a seiyuu she is.
Even afterwords when she called Gojo a liar, saying that if she could become anyone she wanted to be, she wouldn't have become who she is now. Ah man I hope she gets some happiness soon T^T

Also, seems like Chitose is just as curious as we are about why Gojo quit, let's hope we get an answer next ep.
I also wonder if the title card will revert back to Chitose in the center when she finally finds her resolve and works harder

As a side note, it was interesting how they showed the boss actively trying to kick Chitose out while talking to Gojo about her future, yet when he left the bartender implied that he acted to elicit a change in I guess both Chitose and Gojo. I didn't see him as that kind of person but that seems to be the implications from the bartender's response and actions
gust11Dec 11, 2016 1:17 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 11, 2016 1:34 AM

Jan 2012
Poor Chitose, serious case of Christmas blues. Well this introspective turn was a long time coming I suppose.
Dec 11, 2016 1:38 AM

Dec 2014
It was a good idea for Chitose to have a new manager and she needs more effort and give her best since she always takes it easy so let's hope she changed for good.
Dec 11, 2016 2:25 AM
Jan 2010
Sulking Chitose

+

Dindu nuffin' Nanami

=

Absolute bore.
Dec 11, 2016 3:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
An obnoxious manager called Matsuoka voiced by Matsuoka. Fucking brilliant lmao

Chitose got a pretty hard slap to the face by reality here. Wonder how she'll try to change herself from here on out, if she even can that is
Dec 11, 2016 3:13 AM

Dec 2009
That manager is such a bad match for Chi-chan... or is he actually a good match?

I really felt that sympathy for Chi-chan this episode, i wanted to hug her and yoshi yoshi~
She was totally down this whole ep, it's not like her :(
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 11, 2016 3:53 AM

Sep 2016
matsu is 100% right
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 11, 2016 6:24 AM
Apr 2013
Well it seems like (though I could say the same about the previous ep) that there might be more plot twists in the next ep(s)
This ep itself had a bit of a different feeling, but Chitose definitely got a lot of screentime (rip Yae and Koto development though. Also it'd be really funny if Momoka and Kazuha didn't appear at all in the next ep(s))
It's still not possible to tell what's going to happen, though Kuzu seems lol.
The lack of focus on KuuSure S2 makes it seem like they won't really be touching it, but it might still happen.
#LifeLessonsFromAnime

The ending was pretty serious though (even compared to the ep)
Hopefully they won't troll us and they'll actually answer the question, might be quite a revelation maybe.
Dec 11, 2016 6:47 AM

Jun 2013
Chitose got the manager she needed so badly. Matsuoka may be able to at least get Chitose to work a little more. He's better than Gojou who was basically spoiling her. The agency president told Gojou that this is all a business and the girl who doesn't make money will get discarded in favour of the next piece. Chitose being set aside in favor of Nanami is Gojou's fault since Chitose was given time to show her worth with more main lead roles, but since she didn't get another after Kuusuure, she was cast aside and Nanami was given her debut. Nanami is even better since she works harder than Chitose.

Chitose has finally accepted that she sucks and that's the reason why she has been ditched. But she has Gojou to look up to and he suffered the same fate Chitose is suffering. Gojou tried to reason with the president since he doesn't want Chitose to end up like him, but it didn't work since he was also aware of the fact that Chitose isn't serious about this stuff at all and isn't giving it her best. Chitose has to change, but she's a bit negative on that since her brother couldn't change for the better in his seiyuu career and had to quit. Chitose has gotten the wake up call she needed with Nanami getting the spotlight left and right in her place. Now she has to lose that rotten attitude of hers and get to work on improving herself to become the senpai Nanami considers her to be.
Dec 11, 2016 6:49 AM

Sep 2016
there are 6 ways for chitose to improve
1: effort, 2: EFFORT 3: EFFORT 4: EFFORT 5&6: EFFORT!!!!!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 11, 2016 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
Is it just me or anyone feel that the part when Chitose was talking with the manager kinda feel like SHAFT anime style. The way they change with random scene similar to what SHAFT animation.

Anyway good riddance to Chitose. She had her chance. X(
Dec 11, 2016 7:02 AM

Aug 2013
I feel sorry for Chitose. And her new manager is not a good match for her at all, but thanks to him, she started to think about her life, it seems that she is starting to appreciate her old manager and the fact that she became quite popular with minimal amounts of effort.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 11, 2016 7:32 AM

Dec 2014
New manager is great. Though a bit two-faced. And holy shit was Chitose depressed here. Gojou as well. Still don't know how they'll wrap things up though.
Dec 11, 2016 8:14 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Chitose is still not realizing to the full extent how much she is fucking up.

Her new manager is literally Matsuoka LOL, him pushing her to the limit pls.
Dec 11, 2016 8:40 AM
Apr 2014
Wow this started out as a cynical comedy about the Voice actor/anime industry and turned into a story about Chitose failing at everything and being replaced by the cheerful new kid, that's depressing.
Dec 11, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2007
I am kind of disappointed at flanderization of Chitose. Can only hope the next episodes salvage her character and make her actually DO SOMETHING instead of being relegated "Wow she so awful" gags. She and Kuzuha are pretty much the only interesting characters in this.
Dec 11, 2016 3:39 PM

May 2015
Chitose's new manager kind of sounds like the real Matsuoka. It'd be funny if he actually ended up being voiced by him. And Matsuoka really is going to be a positive influence on Chitose with his constant telling her to put in more effort. I'm very glad this episode highlighted Chitose's situation and her feeling bad for herself, and hopefully next episode she gets some development. I'm loving how Nanami is basically being used as foil for Chitose, as she is everything that Chitose would need to be to have a successful career. Overall, the message about having to constantly improve in order to be successful really delivered. It actually made me want to work harder at things. I just really hope Chitose puts in that EFFORT as well.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Dec 11, 2016 3:39 PM

Dec 2014
alinet86 said:
Is it just me or anyone feel that the part when Chitose was talking with the manager kinda feel like SHAFT anime style. The way they change with random scene similar to what SHAFT animation.

Yeah, I felt like there was a bump in the visual directing in this episode since the shot composition seemed more dynamic and varied, even if the animation turned a bit into "dis sakuga lol".

Not sure I like the sudden tonal shift, but at least we can hopefully see some progress on Chitose being less like a shitty, entitled brat from here on.
I need sleep.
Dec 11, 2016 4:11 PM
Jun 2015
I find it hilarious they got Matsuoka to play Matsuoka. His character is the complete opposite of the lazy Chitose and is probably the manager Chitose needs to get her out of her slump. Her brother may have never indulged her delusions but he also never could motivate her to work harder because he is not a great cheer leader.
Dec 11, 2016 5:10 PM

Apr 2014
made some gifs
best face ^_^/

Dec 11, 2016 5:45 PM
Jan 2010
It worries me that so many people don't see anything wrong with Nanami despite the cynical, don't-take-things-at-face-value approach throughout the show.
Dec 11, 2016 7:57 PM

Oct 2011
Matsuouka 😍😍😍😍
Sub manager helping chi sama change.
Omg Kancho deep voice. But true after all.
Nanami debut. Chi sama realizing she isn't good. Kuzu is back.....yay?
Dec 11, 2016 9:31 PM

Jul 2016
I think it's a good thing for Chitose to have a manager like that, and very great thing to be "punched" by her junior. Chitose should try as best as she can if she want to be survived.
Dec 11, 2016 9:41 PM

Jan 2013
Appropriately depressing episode. Wonder if Chitose's new manager will do anything for her, doesn't seem like much of a help
Dec 12, 2016 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
lonelytree said:
alinet86 said:

Yeah, I felt like there was a bump in the visual directing in this episode since the shot composition seemed more dynamic and varied, even if the animation turned a bit into "dis sakuga lol".

I have no idea what "dis sakuga lol" is anyway. X)
Dec 12, 2016 4:50 AM
May 2016
Poor Chitose, well atleast she's reflecting from her actions, that she sucks as a seiyuu, soon we'll see her development as a fine seiyuu. She need more effort just like her hyper new manager said.

I think the reason why Gojou quited being a seiyuu, maybe got something to do with the anime industry, more likely about the seiyuu issues. Well CEO, just shown his true colors. Kuzu still being Kuzu.
Neo_oeNDec 12, 2016 4:54 AM
Dec 12, 2016 12:30 PM
Dec 2014
Chitose is truly slothful. So slothful, that it makes new manager's brain tremble.

I hope that she will apologize to Gojou soon. It's painful to watch them interact now.
I assume that he stopped his career because he had to take care of Chitose.
RisingSun452Dec 12, 2016 12:33 PM
Dec 12, 2016 2:29 PM

Jul 2015
That was on purpose. They couldn't have found a manager worse for her than headband effort guy Matsuoka. Anyway, it seems like trouble is brewing just off in the distance, and Chitose's chance for success doesn't look good. Especially with a rising rookie trying hard while she just acts like usual. I look forward to seeing what happens next.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 12, 2016 6:09 PM

Nov 2016
Well, I can say I feel sorry for Chitose even though she's has a new manager that tries to motivate her in putting effort into her work. Matsuoka was a totally different manager and that he is really all about effort. Though she really does need to step up the game and not fall behind is an understatement. But I can see why Nanami looks up to Chitose since she admires her and wants to do the very best that she can do. Nanami does seem overly optimistic about things which is good and all but knowing her I think she'll be able to succeed in the industry.

As for Gojou and the president, I felt that strange aura coming from the president when he got serious about Chitose being brought up. If she's not able to come up with doing main roles or even no-name roles, then the industry will just cast her aside and that would spell the end of her career. I do know Gojou is concerned so that's why I kind of felt very bad for him at that time. The same goes for Kuzu as he was struggling to decide what he was doing with himself. You can tell we're getting closer to the end of the series as things are getting pretty heavy.

I'm glad that Kuzu got that call from Towada especially since he was really down that he was really needed to help out with work. So at least that got him motivated.

I felt so bad for Chitose as things got really depressing and now she's finally realized that she's not really that good. I'm hoping that next episode we'll get to the see the reason why he ended quitting becoming a seiyuu.
Dec 12, 2016 8:43 PM

Oct 2013
GenesisAria said:
That manager is such a bad match for Chi-chan... or is he actually a good match?

I'd say he IS a good match if he's actually genuine - which is really questionable given the the overly exaggerated way he acts. Though in the end, if he slowly manages to get her to take a lot more small roles if she can't get lead ones right now, it's still good for her career as a seiyuu. But she needs to decide whether being a seiyuu worth the effort and not from an objective point of view but from a personal one.

Orix said:
It worries me that so many people don't see anything wrong with Nanami despite the cynical, don't-take-things-at-face-value approach throughout the show.

Well,I'll say she's pretty damn annoying,even if she's actually genuine. Like jeez girl,we get it already,you'll try your best. And I have no idea if she realizes how insensitive she is for acting so innocent & admiring towards Chitose while knowing that she's getting more popular roles compared to her,as well as a more veteran manager. So basically she's either insensitive as fuck or a really horrible person - either way she's still annoying.
ManlyTearDec 12, 2016 8:55 PM
Dec 13, 2016 1:56 AM
Dec 2014
Anyone has a good screenshot showing Gojou's interview at the end? The low resolution makes it near impossible to read for me. There's probably nothing important there but I've been curious.
Dec 13, 2016 4:35 AM

Oct 2016
I hope this serves as a wake up call to chitose, cmon nanami is way ahead of her now ..
Dec 13, 2016 7:13 AM

Apr 2016
Very nice episode!
Felt very sad for Chitose but hope that this will change her for the better.
Hope the sub-manager will help her to be a better seiyuu coz he seems to be a hardworking one, which Chitose is not at the moment.
With 2 more episodes left, I hope Chitose will bounce back from this and also the mystery of Gojou's quitting from being a seiyuu be revealed.
Dec 13, 2016 7:18 AM

May 2010
The new manager is pretty good at motivating Karasuma. He's annoying tho.

"Let's work hard together and die." lol. If it was me, I would go like "No thanks, feel free to die alone."

I am loving the highlight on Chitose and Gojou's relationship there.

The hell are those fans. Chitose smiled at them despite being in a sad mood and they went like "Ah, so cold" If you really are a fan, you would get worried instead. Fans like that can go bury themselves in the ground and it wouldn't matter. And Nanami is so oblivious, it's annoying.

Very nice episode. Chitose is getting some good development there (tho it's still in pre-stage) Guess we can expect more of Chitose/Gojou which I am pretty happy about (as I sort of ship them despite them being siblings. ahem.) Really liked the last few monologues.

"If I could become the ideal me, I would't be the me I am right now." I feel.
TragicRomanceDec 13, 2016 7:23 AM
Dec 13, 2016 4:32 PM

May 2015
The tone kinda switched in this episode, which is not surprising. Chitose finally realized that she's been doing things the wrong way. Still the big question is why Gojou quit, so hopefully we'll get to know that in the next episode.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2016

103 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2016

70 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

63 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

65 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:13 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2016

54 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.