Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 15, 2016 12:59 AM

Jan 2015
So this is end of Berseria. At least in this cour.
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Sigh do people really believe Beseria cast is going to show up again or steal the show? Nobody is stupid enough to show the full story of a new game that's going to come out in a few months or the next year to be exact. It was advertising at it's best and you can try to make connections with Zestiria cast and events.

Come out in 3 days in Japan. And while such move is impossible now, it's still possible in second cour, that would be in winter (few months after release of game in Japan).
Personally I think we can get another more spoiling 1-2 episodes of Berseria in second cour, that will make more connection to Zestiria.
Definitelly not full story.
Aug 15, 2016 1:01 AM

Sep 2015
the new story arc kinda sucks...

Aug 15, 2016 1:25 AM
Jul 2016
Has anybody found the insert song towards the end when Velvet absorbs the dragon and also seres? I'm pretty sure its called Ageless Moon, but I can't find anything on the internet.
Aug 15, 2016 1:27 AM

Sep 2014
It's so beautiful *_*.
To bad that the story sucks dick tho, wasted effort..
Aug 15, 2016 1:43 AM

Oct 2011
Raigar said:
The prequel of Zestiria's story is finally finished (Berseria) for now . . . the origin of malevolence. Now back to the present. Berseria and Zestiria are in the same world. Berseria is in the past. I don't know how long the time gap is.

iirc 1000 year difference, also seems from the small flashback, velvet was sitting in a place where sorey was at the start, all up in the clouds
Aug 15, 2016 2:16 AM
Jul 2018
While it is still rather a promotion towards the Beseria game, I still thought the episode was pretty amazing on its own to be quite honest. I'm pretty curious about Velvet now Lol.
Aug 15, 2016 2:22 AM
Aug 2012
Riveon said:

Come out in 3 days in Japan. And while such move is impossible now, it's still possible in second cour, that would be in winter (few months after release of game in Japan).

Personally I think we can get another more spoiling 1-2 episodes of Berseria in second cour, that will make more connection to Zestiria.
Definitelly not full story.

My mistake, the localization comes out in 2017. Still the most they can and will give us is hints i.e. connections to Lord of Calamity and a certain guy's name starting with M, no more than that. Anything more will be just bad for them tbh.

Aug 15, 2016 4:21 AM

Jul 2007
John_Max said:
ah... so basically these past two episodes were like an advertisement of the future game in the anime!?! WTF!
All of my theories are useless now :|
I thought they were flash forward and the "Artorius" they talk about is the future "Sorey" that gone too far to save the world. Even that "Seres" character ( the one that sacrifice her self in the end) was so slimier to "Maltran" (the adviser for the Alisha hime) by the hair color, voice and body shape! So i thought they are the same.
Damn you studio, the story would have been so cool that way x)

Berseria is still set in the same story few thousand years in the past.

SKP138 said:
I'm starting to believe Zestiria anime is a huge Tales of Berseria commercial for the next game since it's going to be released on August 18th which is a few days.

errr...no shit? There's absolutely no reason to adapt Zestiria(even the authors recognize it is a worthless trainwreck nobody liked) and Ufo NEVER takes chances with adaptations. God Eater was advertisement and so is this.
AhenshihaelAug 15, 2016 4:25 AM
Aug 15, 2016 4:35 AM

Jul 2015
Such a dick move... Now I need to buy the game

Aug 15, 2016 4:42 AM

Jul 2015
Adapting two games together? This will turn into a total trainwreck with no proper story nor good characterization. But now it's clear, ufotable doesn't know how to adapt games.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Aug 15, 2016 5:56 AM

Oct 2014

hmm
While i liked the last 2 ep., i can't help but be weirded out by the shift, especially since we are returning to Zestiria next ep. This shifting really takes you out of the story. I hope they cross later or it will be kinda meh...

They really should've picked one and sticked with it, if they won't somehow cross them later.
Aug 15, 2016 5:59 AM
Jul 2015
Sometimes791 said:
Adapting two games together? This will turn into a total trainwreck with no proper story nor good characterization. But now it's clear, ufotable doesn't know how to adapt games.

You are making it like it was Ufotable decision to put those two episodes here.
Aug 15, 2016 7:22 AM

Mar 2015
Them visuals though omg, apparantly they're going back to Zestiria story next week, which I'm fine with :D
Aug 15, 2016 7:40 AM

Jun 2013
Velvet is up against a super strong dude and that little fight looked too good as expected of ufotable. And then a giant doragon appears out of nowhere and the strong dude shifts his attention towards it. And then a random magical girl pops up with her fun background music. That part was hilarious. She wasn't saying anything funny or something, but I couldn't help laugh at her introduction. Get the idea, lady! There's a wild dragon here about to kill everyone. Don't just pop up with your own background music and lighten up the mood. I like this sorceress whatever her name is already.

And then the episode ends with Velvet saying that they won't be on the show. Uh, why did you nekoing waste two whole episodes then if you're not gonna show up again? Velvet is easily a better protagonist than Sorey to follow. At least she has started off with a better purpose than Sorey who seemingly just happened to be there during the Shepherd ceremony and became the Shepherd. Well, at the very least they could link Velvet and co with Sorey and friends in whatever way. They do have two scenes of Velvet in the opening sequence for Zestiria which makes me inclined to believe that she may come again against Sorey at some point. She should show up again along with that sorceress because the latter is fun and the former is sekushi. Also, that sequence in the end was sugoi along with that song.
Aug 15, 2016 7:49 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, that was an amazing episode !

Now this pisses me off because Berseria is gone and that boring af zestiria will be back next week. ;-;

Also, that FLOW song is way better than Kaze no Uta.
Aug 15, 2016 7:56 AM

Jun 2013
what the hell is that face doing there? lol the music was good
Aug 15, 2016 8:20 AM

Feb 2012
I'm somewhat upset that they blatantly slapped two Berseria episodes in the middle of Zestiria, just for the sake of promotion. Sure the animation and water was cool and all (except the dragon), but don't ride on another anime's title and offset the main story. Disgusting.
Aug 15, 2016 8:27 AM

Jan 2014
Nice episode, the action was top-notch. wanted to have more scenes from Valvet's crew to get to know the characters better but well...

love her already!

Also, the animation is just in another level!
Aug 15, 2016 10:37 AM

Jul 2007
Sometimes791 said:

It literally is impossible to make Zestiria's plot worse than it already is. Replacing the most cringey and plotholey upcoming parts with Berseria can only improve it.
Mallony said:
I'm somewhat upset that they blatantly slapped two Berseria episodes in the middle of Zestiria, just for the sake of promotion. Sure the animation and water was cool and all (except the dragon), but don't ride on another anime's title and offset the main story. Disgusting.

Again, the only reason why Zestiria even got adapted is to promote Berseria. Its the only reason it exists. This is one giant 20 episode ad for Berseria.
Aug 15, 2016 11:53 AM

Feb 2015
LOL. you ain't gonna tell me this two episode. this week and the previous episode are just a fillers ? but i still enjoy it a lot. it's an entertaining ride for a filler. or maybe a promotional video ? i don't know much about it but heck, it was so damn awsome xD but still at the same time, i think it's a bad idea to slip in a filler/promotional video in a different title of series (if i were the producer/director i would never did that even if there were some issue and makes the producer must put/slip in the filler/promotional video in a different title of series)....well, let's just see what they will gonna do with the rest 6 episode....

and this episode, there is one character that i really like so much and it's already in my fav list of character, it's Magilou xD and lol, i was afraid that she might be a guy/trap but thank god, she is a girl xD i really like her a lot cause of her cool and upbeat personality xD makes it funny and obviously looks cool too. wish to see more of her but they need to get back on the track again xD so yeah..... heck, i love her so much. give me more of her!!! lol xD

looking foward to the next episode...
but damn, she actually devoured the dragon. it's kinda sad that she devored the spirit ;_; we will not be seeing her anymore ;_; that is sad ;_; but when she devored the dragon, that was insane tbh xD
YizelTroAug 15, 2016 12:02 PM
Aug 15, 2016 11:58 AM

Mar 2014
Back to our normal show again

After that intense fight plus the dragon
its the most beautiful animation I ever seen

( no more budget for next Tales of ___ because that animation )

well 2 Episode Tales of Berseria will hope a lot of people buy the game

Fun Fact:

It seems the Tales of Berseria game opening theme was included after the credits
Aug 15, 2016 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
Epic episode overall, rip Seres I really liked her. What was that insert song tho, it was really nice. Hopefully the next episode will take us back to Zestiria, not that I dislike Berseria but just saying.
Velvet past was revealed a bit and I feel really sorry for her ;;-;;
Aug 15, 2016 1:15 PM

Aug 2015
Am I just watching a fucking advert for Tales of Zesteria/Beseria?! I guess this is what happens when you try to adapt a 40 hour long game into a 13 episode anime.
Aug 15, 2016 1:21 PM

Jun 2011
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Am I just watching a fucking advert for Tales of Zesteria/Beseria?! I guess this is what happens when you try to adapt a 40 hour long game into a 13 episode anime.

correction. It's 26 eps
Aug 15, 2016 3:49 PM

Jan 2016
Man i say this again. Seriously an eye candy with the animation! love it, the music taste was great as well. differently going to buy this game as soon as possible, and when i find my steam account password... xD wish to see the first story from we left off with a big as cliffhanger... ut dont know how long it is if its a 12ep or 24ep, i mean, if we gonna see more of Velvet course,i need 24ep xD

Also Velvet badass AF!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 15, 2016 8:15 PM

Jul 2011
Velvet's story is so much more interesting... Didn't expect her brother to be the Lord. :O
Aug 15, 2016 8:20 PM
Jul 2009
Mirorin said:
Velvet's story is so much more interesting... Didn't expect her brother to be the Lord. :O

It seems Velvet used to call Artorius brother because they lived as family for some time, but they weren't actually related. Only the child who was sacrificed is related to her.
1idd0kunAug 15, 2016 8:23 PM
Aug 15, 2016 8:29 PM
Feb 2015
Why do ufotable prequels always seem to be better than their main timeline counterparts? Fate/Zero was significantly better than Unlimited Blade Works imo and even though I'm liking the regular Zestiria well enough this Tales of Berseria stuff grabbed my attention right away! Now I don't even want to go back to Sorey and co. yet...
Aug 15, 2016 9:08 PM
Aug 2016
foreverblu said:
Has anybody found the insert song towards the end when Velvet absorbs the dragon and also seres? I'm pretty sure its called Ageless Moon, but I can't find anything on the internet.

The insert song when Velvet munches on Seres and the Dragon is called "Ageless Moon" by Erika (Erica) Masaki

Since it's probably not released yet so you won't be able to find anything.

You also probably won't find anything about Masaki on the internet since most of the time she works only as a lyricists and is not a mainstream artist. But there are few songs on youtube that she also does vocals if you search by 真崎エリカ

She's a Doujin/Indie singer working with C-CLAYS & Arte Refact.

I'm guessing the song will be officially released with the OST and the OP ED singles once the season ends.
shepa11Aug 15, 2016 9:24 PM
Aug 15, 2016 9:56 PM

Aug 2012
Watch the OP from the first episodes, you clearly see Sorey in that dust cloud, and after you see Velvet dropping from the sky WITH THE SAME DUST CLOUD.

I don't see why they would have done this if they never fight.

Crossover coming
Aug 16, 2016 1:35 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode with a nice usage of the soundtrack, but I'm happy that next week we will get back to Zestria :)
Aug 16, 2016 9:24 AM
Feb 2011
Maaan. I wish they'd continue with Berseria, rather than go back to Zestiria. And Velvet x Oscar. Please be canon. Rofl.

EDIT: Where are you guys getting that this series will be 24/26 eps?
Aug 16, 2016 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
I don't care for the Berseria promotion the last two episodes. I can't take the characters serious with their outfits and their introduction halfway through the first series. If the cross with Berseria continues throughout the show, i'll probably drop it as i'm not interested in the game.
Aug 16, 2016 1:33 PM

Oct 2015
Story was lacking and honestly would have been better as an OVA, still hate the impractical outfits but do love a strong fem MC, also Oscar is gorgeous and helped settle my Mikleo withdrawal. Overall the last two eps were... Okay, basically just eye candy and a huge fucking advert but meh, I was entertained so it's not a complete flop.

Glad we're going back to Zestiria though, I miss my precious Sorey and want my wATER ARMATIZATION PLEASE.
Aug 16, 2016 5:13 PM

Aug 2011
I don't like these Tales of Berseria episodes at all so far, I just find them boring/gloomy and it's difficult to feel interested in any of the characters. I'm hoping there is a return to Zestria at the end.
Aug 16, 2016 5:50 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
So Velvet's powers are similar to Sorey's in the way of using others powers as their own, except hers are much more negative as compared to Sorey's which is a mutual thing with the Seraphim. Makes sense considering she's out for revenge and he's out to save the world. I'm really excited to see how the two will cross paths.

Funny enough, Velvet looks like she could be the daughter of Jude and Milla. Just something I wanted to throw out there because I'm such a big Xillia fan.

I think the fight with Oscar was the clear highlight of the episode, the dragon fight seemed eh.

So far I like Velvet's story, but it needs a lot more substance to actually feel original. People are boasting it as some amazing feat, but I've really yet to see anything that makes it so. It's the classic case of "it's edgy, so it must be better."

I find myself wanting to see Sorey and the gang again, especially because it finally felt like the ball was starting to roll. Looks like it'll continue next week.

Fai said:
And this continues to be better than Zestiria's plot. Funny how abandoning sucky trainwreck for a better part of franchise actually made this enjoyable despite awful directing and cgi.

Still hope Berseria stuff will end up hijacking Zestiria plot So Ufo does not have to adapt the utter mediocrity that is second half of the game. Its enough that I have to deal with Sorey's bland Mr Chaste Chivalrious Hero With No Personality characterization already. . Velvet is so much better protagonist .

Obligatory:

Still same overuse of CGI nonsense and repeated tricks from their previous show but at least this one seems to have actual life in itself. Still good Op, even though it is NOWHERE near the awesomeness that was Xillia's OP. Even if Berseria looks good, the difference between xillia OP which was made by Ufotable that Still Tried to do stuff and Zestiria/Berseria OPs by Ufotable The Factory is staggering. .

Too bad Berseria won't sell since Japan hates female characters and female protagonists.

So are you going to say anything worth contributing or will you continue these posts filled with nothing but meaningless buzzwords?
Aug 17, 2016 5:38 AM

Aug 2011
I'm really excited for Berseria now! Even though it was only 2 episodes, Berseria is already better than Zestiria by a long shot; I see a lot of potential in this.

I really like Ufotable and all, but the dragon was just out of place. I feel like they overuse their CGI in this anime. I guess they just do it because it's cheaper. If they are absolutely able to actually make 2D action scenes, they should.
Aug 17, 2016 5:54 AM

Mar 2009
I'm kind of disappointed that we're going back to Zestiria, honestly. These two episodes were excellent. Berseria's story just seems a lot more interesting. Oh, well. Maybe I'll check out the game...whenever it's released. I definitely want to know more.
Aug 17, 2016 6:54 AM

Jun 2011
Mormegil said:
I'm kind of disappointed that we're going back to Zestiria, honestly. These two episodes were excellent. Berseria's story just seems a lot more interesting. Oh, well. Maybe I'll check out the game...whenever it's released. I definitely want to know more.

It just released today actually.....in japan. We will have to wait half a year.
Aug 17, 2016 7:33 AM

Oct 2008
that's cool to show the Tales of Berseria! even if its only 2 eps
I'm here for the awesome VISUALS! not for the plot LOLZ!
new OP again by FLOW! cool!
5/5!

Aug 17, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2014
Um. How dare they make me want to watch Berseria with a burning passion and then go back to Zestria??? OK, I have Mikleo so I suppose I can handle the wait...
Aug 17, 2016 1:54 PM

Dec 2009
Man the wait to play Berseria is even worse now, man that's how you fucking start and invest someone into a revenge type plotline, holy crap! I also love they included the Berseria game opening like they included the Zestiria one last episode.
Aug 17, 2016 2:55 PM

May 2010
I liked Seres, thought there would be more to her (but I guess its fine like this too, we can always have flashbacks to get more details on her)

And I like the hat girl (even tho she sounded exaggerated at times)
Aug 17, 2016 5:07 PM

Jan 2013
THIS IS what CGI should be... Not like Ajin or Berserk or other shit bad CGI Anime.
Aug 17, 2016 5:21 PM
Jan 2015
I really don't know why they put two random episodes of Berseria on this, would have been better as an OVA, just fanservice to Tales of players, I feel more attached with the story about Velvet than the story about Sorey though. For now give us more Rose and Edna please.
Aug 17, 2016 6:02 PM

Sep 2008
So that was what? A game advertisement for two episodes now? Fuck this company.
Aug 17, 2016 7:50 PM

Oct 2014
I'm just here for Velvet. #obligatoryemptycomment
Aug 18, 2016 2:55 AM

Nov 2011
This promotion worked on me. Definitely going to buy Berseria now!
i love tirru
Aug 18, 2016 3:05 AM

Mar 2010
After finished with the game...I could only say , "what a very big hellion" when i saw that dragon , hahah
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2016 7:02 AM
Sep 2015
So much effort and CGI mastery put into 2 episodes.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

194 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

221 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 17, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.