Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2016 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
I can't give anything higher than 3/5.

I'm starting to be afraid that we will get Kagari Route + Moon + Terra in 13 eps. They can't rush more, can they?
Jul 9, 2016 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
Hongu said:
So is there anything at all which separates this from literally every other battle harem out there? This was painfully generic. You all were hyping this up like it was the second coming of Jesus or something.

There are reasons why we're excited for this but the reasons comes off with the spoiler territory unfortunately.
Jul 9, 2016 10:48 AM

Apr 2012
Hongu said:
Volarer said:

Lol it'd be faster if I just summed up what this show has in common with generic battle harems. And that is literally nothing. Just keep watching. This is not a harem. It's not a shounen either. This is nothing but the most glorious piece of philosophy ever created by a human being.
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not.

While "the most glorious piece" part is too strong of a claim, Rewrite (that is, the VN) really has little to do with the battle harem genre (though one or two routes might come off as shounen). It doesn't mean, however, that this adaptation will stay wholly faithful to the original.
Jul 9, 2016 10:49 AM
Jul 2016
MagicalMahou said:
Volarer said:

Lol it'd be faster if I just summed up what this show has in common with generic battle harems. And that is literally nothing. Just keep watching. This is not a harem. It's not a shounen either. This is nothing but the most glorious piece of philosophy ever created by a human being.

>not a shounen
>not a shounen
>not a shounen
>not a shounen

Lol yeah that was probably the highest dose of shounen I'd had since binging a hundred episodes of Bleach back in the days. Though personally Chihaya's route was actually one of my favorites. Otherwise the story's fundamental themes are very mature and the philosophies behind every route nothing like Shounen tropes (well except for Chihaya's)
Jul 9, 2016 10:51 AM
Jun 2016
we didn't get enough Shizuru cut this week :'(
Jul 9, 2016 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
And here I thought every episode would be 40 minutes long. Sucks.
Jul 9, 2016 10:54 AM

Mar 2011
Oh man, how could they rush this much? this was too fast! this was too speedy! I couldn't keep up with the events without a second rewatch, how awful!

*thumbs up, excellent episode. Next"
Jul 9, 2016 11:00 AM

Jan 2014
I just noticed that the OP didn't have Midou...

Where the fuck is Midou...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2016 11:02 AM

Aug 2012
MagicalMahou said:

Not all that surprising honestly. Imamiya's there tho so we're all good.
Jul 9, 2016 11:02 AM

Apr 2012
PervertOlympus said:
Is it me? or the opening of the VN is much better, also Senri looks less mature compared to the VN.

The girls have all fallen victim to a mysterious loli virus.
Jul 9, 2016 11:03 AM

Jan 2013
It's great that the age of these terrible bishoujo game adaptations is mostly over. They're just going through a checklist of tropes.
Bottom of the barrel in every regard. Their so called comedy (which mainly consist of talking about breasts) doesn't work for me either.

Scene transitions were just as incompetent as last week.

There is literally nothing here worth seeing.
Jul 9, 2016 11:03 AM

Jun 2014
The jokes were really badly done, and not enough Yoshino...
The opening was fine, I expected a little more, while the art of the ending is so clunky it's distracting.
All in all, this episode was better than the first one, it was not bad but I expected the jokes to flow better.
Jul 9, 2016 11:06 AM

Jan 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
MagicalMahou said:

Not all that surprising honestly. Imamiya's there tho so we're all good.

So I'm guessing we're not gonna see

And Midou is more of a meme than Imami... :/ He's hard to make fun of.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2016 11:06 AM

Aug 2015
I love that ending song. It's so good.
nothing.
Jul 9, 2016 11:07 AM
Jul 2016
MagicalMahou said:

Oh god... no... how dare they not include Midou -_- here's hoping they just didn't include him for the surprise attack in the show's 2nd half. Seriously, he was such a great villain. Made Chihaya's route that much more epic.
Jul 9, 2016 11:09 AM

Aug 2012
NaturalPerm said:
Their so called comedy (which mainly consist of talking about breasts) doesn't work for me either.
Don't forget farts and licking girl's plates.

Yep, this is the downside of ticking through common route events like this.
Jul 9, 2016 11:11 AM
Apr 2012
It pisses me off they're using the soundtrack from the VN. The top notch OSTs are too good to be used for such a disgrace of this adaption and unfortunately will end up Sounding just a little above average because of the anime. The pacing, animation and scene transitions are just shit and is at the level of any generic harem. Fuck every studio that adapted major Key VN's after kyoani.
flackJul 9, 2016 11:14 AM
Jul 9, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2012
Good episode of Rewrite. It was funny to see some scenes like Oppai and Lucia enemy of women. Couple scenes were original like farting scene and final scene Kagari was outside watching the club and Kotori sees her which is foreshadowing. I thought so they would end on all heroines joined the club. I'll give this 4/5 since it was rushed but not drag out.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jul 9, 2016 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
Lucia's uppercut is so awesome!
Jul 9, 2016 11:17 AM
Mar 2015
The harem has assembled Let the quest begin
Jul 9, 2016 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
Volarer said:
MagicalMahou said:

Oh god... no... how dare they not include Midou -_- here's hoping they just didn't include him for the surprise attack in the show's 2nd half. Seriously, he was such a great villain. Made Chihaya's route that much more epic.

Uh expecting for Midou to appear in the second half when the series will focus on the white hair chick.
Jul 9, 2016 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
flack said:
It pisses me off they're using the soundtrack from the VN. The top notch OSTs are too good to be used for such a disgrace of this adaption and unfortunately will end up Sounding just a little above average because of the anime. The pacing, animation and scene transitions are just shit and is at the level of any generic harem. Fuck every studio that adapted major Key VN's after kyoani.

So you're quoting Little Busters included?

and btw, no offense, but this is why I fucking hate KyoAni overall, because in all honesty, everyone just wants to rely on them for stuff, and besides most of their anime after Key works are their own, so it makes even more sense tbh. (except for probably a few amount and includes Koe no Katachi)
Jul 9, 2016 11:25 AM
Jul 2016
TheLittleRedHero said:
Volarer said:

Uh expecting for Midou to appear in the second half when the series will focus on the white hair chick.

I might be mistaken, but couldn't Midou's "arc" basically be put in anywhere? I don't remember his fate being closely tied to the Key. Though it has been a long time since I read Chihaya's route, so correct me if Im mistaken.
Jul 9, 2016 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
Volarer said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

I might be mistaken, but couldn't Midou's "arc" basically be put in anywhere? I don't remember his fate being closely tied to the Key. Though it has been a long time since I read Chihaya's route, so correct me if Im mistaken.

It was technically tied from what I remember but not really in all honesty. I think it was more connected towards Kotarou.
Jul 9, 2016 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
I liked the episode and the comedy. MC is funny, the harem is gathered and ribbon girl goes rekted by a piece of paper and a fart.

Kotori and blonde loli are the best girls for the moment. Lucia is the worst, but I will give her a chance if the thing that her character is more of why she appears is truth.
Jul 9, 2016 11:29 AM

Oct 2014
Ok, i guess people hyped me about this for the wrong Reasons xD

It's turning out to be Comedy of the Season + PLOT, nothing else.

Seriously tho, even tough i didn't read the VN, this has rushed written all over it, and seems to be for VN'ers only, not anime-onlies.

Will give it one more episode, i guess.
Jul 9, 2016 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Shrimperor said:

Seriously tho, even tough i didn't read the VN, this has rushed written all over it, and seems to be for VN'ers only, not anime-onlies.

Well for my end I didn't hyped it up too much, but I guess it was biases. It seems more VN friendly but there were a few that liked the anime and they are anime onlies.

It was technically rushed but then again it wasn't too dragged out either.
Jul 9, 2016 11:36 AM

Aug 2012
Guys, chill out with the later VN event/character discussions, especially the usage of specific terms. Go to the other thread for that.
Jul 9, 2016 11:39 AM

Jun 2013
>people thinking this is a harem battle trope thing

hahahahahahahaha

I can't wait to see their reactions later..its going to be priceless.
Jul 9, 2016 11:41 AM

Jan 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
NaturalPerm said:
Their so called comedy (which mainly consist of talking about breasts) doesn't work for me either.
Don't forget farts and licking girl's plates.

Yep, this is the downside of ticking through common route events like this.

They also kinda cut out a lot of Kotori's sharp tongue, Chihaya being a total dumbass and how much of a spaz Yoshino is...
Jul 9, 2016 11:44 AM

Sep 2015
Aaand dropped. I still don't know what to expect from the plot (I do) and it couldn't buy me to care, I don't care about the characters either, the directing is awful, it doesn't feel any different than watching a visual novel gameplay on youtube. Even if the original VN is not bad at all (I don't know, I don't care), that's not how you make an adaptation. There are a lot of good VN adaptations out there so it's not impossible to make one.
Jul 9, 2016 11:46 AM

Oct 2012
Koybz said:
The harem has gathered at lightning speed. It was rushed, but I still thought it was a very fun episode, I just love the banter between the characters in Rewrite. Shame we won't be getting much more common route episodes though.

I feel like this really is for the fans of the VN though. Like, while I enjoyed watching the common route antics in this episode as I'm already well established with the characters already after having read the VN, it's not hard to see how first time viewers could be put off by the series. With the likes of the thrown together directing style, the plain character designs and inconsistent animation, the incredibly rushed nature, the lack of time to establish the characters causing them to come off as tropish, the harem like setting (well it is Key, so people should have been expecting this anyway), the constant confusing hints at the plot and the bombardment of admittedly juvenile comedy. It's all a bit of a mess, not to mention the awful battle scene's last episode and the fact that the anime seems to be throwing everything including the kitchen sink at the viewer. I'm not even sure what to expect from the anime as the only scene from the original route was so far was one I dislike a lot.

The visuals for the OP were nicely done albeit a bit spoilery. The ED was adorable while being even more spoilery than the OP, but in a subtler way.

This basically sums up exactly how i felt when watching the episode. As someone who has read the VN a few times, Seeing those common route antics animated, even if they were at times thrown together haphazardly, was pretty nice. I admitedly laughed at some of the more juvenile antics.

Personally, I found this episode to be much better than the first, but it was still incredibly rushed. Honestly its just a bit saddening when i think about the kind of experience the anime only crowd is getting in comparasion to the Visual Novel itself, and i often feel this way with VN adaptions of things i've read.

Sparteh said:
Tyrel said:
Don't think it's really been confirmed that it'll be 13 episodes only (As a whole. Unless we go by the BDs). People have gone on about how a seiyuu implied it'd be more during the live event.

MAL says it is 13. Also, even though that this is just a feeling, but Rewrite gives me the same vibe as Angel Beats or Charlotte which were both 13 episodes long

I'm honestly hoping that they'll animate TERRA un-rushed in its own seperate season. But its quite possible they'll cram it in somehow in the last 2-3 episodes.
FontSize72LOLJul 9, 2016 11:50 AM
Jul 9, 2016 11:49 AM

Oct 2012
Heldengeist said:
There are a lot of good VN adaptations out there so it's not impossible to make one.

I could probably count all good VN adaptations (from what I've seen at least) on one hand. It'll always be extremely tough to squeeze a 50+ hour novel down into 26 episodes, let alone 13.
Jul 9, 2016 11:53 AM
Jul 2016
Shrimperor said:

Or better yet, just read the VN before watching some rushed loli adaptation by 8bit.
Jul 9, 2016 11:58 AM

Oct 2014
Sillferyr said:

Or better yet, just read the VN before watching some rushed loli adaptation by 8bit.

i should probably do that. My backlog is huge tho...
Jul 9, 2016 11:59 AM

Sep 2015
Koybz said:
Heldengeist said:
There are a lot of good VN adaptations out there so it's not impossible to make one.

I could probably count all good VN adaptations (from what I've seen at least) on one hand. It'll always be extremely tough to squeeze a 50+ hour novel down into 26 episodes, let alone 13.

Okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit, but there are some and this is not one of them. And an adaptation has to be good on it's own right. It's not necessary to be completely faithful to the source. It's a different medium.
Jul 9, 2016 12:00 PM
Dec 2014
IrohaUtsugi said:
After watch the OP, it feels like 8bit used some Grisaia OP elements. Very nice and not spoil the new story.

they didn't spoil the mew story, they spoiled the vn. Oh the doesn't really matter ahahahaha
Jul 9, 2016 12:03 PM

May 2014
FontSize72LOL said:
Koybz said:
The harem has gathered at lightning speed. It was rushed, but I still thought it was a very fun episode, I just love the banter between the characters in Rewrite. Shame we won't be getting much more common route episodes though.

I feel like this really is for the fans of the VN though. Like, while I enjoyed watching the common route antics in this episode as I'm already well established with the characters already after having read the VN, it's not hard to see how first time viewers could be put off by the series. With the likes of the thrown together directing style, the plain character designs and inconsistent animation, the incredibly rushed nature, the lack of time to establish the characters causing them to come off as tropish, the harem like setting (well it is Key, so people should have been expecting this anyway), the constant confusing hints at the plot and the bombardment of admittedly juvenile comedy. It's all a bit of a mess, not to mention the awful battle scene's last episode and the fact that the anime seems to be throwing everything including the kitchen sink at the viewer. I'm not even sure what to expect from the anime as the only scene from the original route was so far was one I dislike a lot.

The visuals for the OP were nicely done albeit a bit spoilery. The ED was adorable while being even more spoilery than the OP, but in a subtler way.

This basically sums up exactly how i felt when watching the episode. As someone who has read the VN a few times, Seeing those common route antics animated, even if they were at times thrown together haphazardly, was pretty nice. I admitedly laughed at some of the more juvenile antics.

Personally, I found this episode to be much better than the first, but it was still incredibly rushed. Honestly its just a bit saddening when i think about the kind of experience the anime only crowd is getting in comparasion to the Visual Novel itself, and i often feel this way with VN adaptions of things i've read.

Sparteh said:

MAL says it is 13. Also, even though that this is just a feeling, but Rewrite gives me the same vibe as Angel Beats or Charlotte which were both 13 episodes long

I'm honestly hoping that they'll animate TERRA un-rushed in its own seperate season. But its quite possible they'll cram it in somehow in the last 2-3 episodes.

In order for them to properly adapt Terra they would need to adapt Moon and before that Main routes. That would require 5-6 seasons...
Jul 9, 2016 12:03 PM

May 2015
That fart moment. I laughed my ass off, LOL.

OP and ED were great to listen to, and we got to see more best girl Akane. It's obvious it was rushed, but hell, it was really enjoyable. It seems like they pretty much gathered all the members.

Jul 9, 2016 12:04 PM

Nov 2012
Nothing out of the ordinary so far. However, I love Kagari, so far she is the main reason I am watching this series. I like her kind of mysterious character.
Jul 9, 2016 12:05 PM
Dec 2014
flack said:

Hahaha...you're insulting j.c staff and 8bit only
Key only has 3 major VNs
clannad, little busters, rewrite.
Angelbeats is coming but not soon
And there is another one on the way (i don't mean harmonia I mean another one they didn't talk about)
Jul 9, 2016 12:10 PM
Dec 2014
Sparteh said:
FontSize72LOL said:

In order for them to properly adapt Terra they would need to adapt Moon and before that Main routes. That would require 5-6 seasons...

The voice actor of kotarou said this "episode 7 is half of the half of the story"
I don't know if that means we get a new season, but no one said we will only get 13 episodes.
MAL just up and put it without any proof
Jul 9, 2016 12:24 PM

May 2014
I loved the OP and ED

I lol on Shizuru's ringtone

good ep hope it gets more better
Jul 9, 2016 12:34 PM

Oct 2012
Sparteh said:
FontSize72LOL said:

From an anime only point of view maybe. I don't disagree that this is incredibly rushed. The absolute minimum this show could've been pulled off without being "Too rushed" was 26 episodes. I'm not disputing that, however a slower paced TERRA done in at minimum 10 episodes, would still be decent (especially if you've read the VN). It wont make the preceding rushed adaption any better, but at least it would redeem itself somewhat. Then again, that is more or less my selfish desire though.
Jul 9, 2016 12:43 PM

Oct 2012
Heldengeist said:
Koybz said:

Okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit, but there are some and this is not one of them. And an adaptation has to be good on it's own right. It's not necessary to be completely faithful to the source. It's a different medium.

Oh, I completely agree. I really don't blame first time watchers for dropping this as the anime has a myriad of issues already. It's just sad to see yet another adaptation of a VN I enjoyed lazily fanservicing those who have already played the VN in favour of maybe producing a competent anime that is a good representative of the source material where those who are not fond of reading hefty VNs can enjoy too.
Jul 9, 2016 12:44 PM
Apr 2016
Well the club is complete now let's see how goes everything
That OP and ED...

Jul 9, 2016 12:52 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was a very fun episode, i enjoyed this.
Jul 9, 2016 12:53 PM

Jul 2007
And this is supposed to be Key's greatest VN? Even Clannad entertained me more.

Two episodes in and this feels more disjointed than Angel Beats and Charlotte put together.

What the hell is going on in this show? So far this seems like "key's Greatest Hits" minus the greatest. You have all the traditional moe girls Key stuff is known for but plot is nowhere near comprehensible.

Also the pacing is still weird. This feels like a recap episode yet again, except it is not.

2/5. This might be a three episode rule at most if this continues to be this confusing and nonsensical.
Jul 9, 2016 1:01 PM

Jun 2013
Fai said:

Two episodes in and this feels more disjointed than Angel Beats and Charlotte put together.

What the hell is going on in this show? So far this seems like "key's Greatest Hits" minus the greatest. You have all the traditional moe girls Key stuff is known for but plot is nowhere near comprehensible.

Also the pacing is still weird. This feels like a recap episode yet again, except it is not.

2/5. This might be a three episode rule at most if this continues to be this confusing and nonsensical.

Thats because Rewrite's plot is very "unique" and different from other Key works.

I respect your opinion, but don't judge an entire 50+ hours worth of content in just 2 episodes. Even if this is following a new route, its the same feeling that the Vn has in its initial moments, so you should be patient and wait for the plot to unfold.

If you don't wanna wait, why not read an non-spoiler free synopsis of the history? just google it and your problems will be solved.
Jul 9, 2016 1:04 PM
Dec 2014
Fai said:

IT IS the best VN from key.
Clannad has plot holes
Angelbeats has plotholes
Little busters has plot holes

Only rewrite vn doesn't have any plothole.
And I mean the vn, the anime won't be that good and I'm sure
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.