Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 19, 2016 10:17 PM

Mar 2015
That granny's voice is kind of mesmerizing lol... Ara ara ara intensifies!

The 3 nights thing.... Itami's harem intensifies. Rory was already in when she bonded with Itami's blood, Tuka is bonded by dad-child relationship, Lelei with the 3 nights thing, and Yao with the master-servant relationship.

I can't believe that Lelei actually really going for Itami lol. I mean it was kind of obvious from her blushing last episode, but I didn't think she would fall for him too.

Oh please tell me there would be a third season... don't give me the "2 seasons and read the rest" thing please A-1... It's already almost over and we haven't meet Hardy. Since this season is probably only Tuka arc (first half) and Lelei arc (second half). I want my Rory arc!

DarklordVorFeb 19, 2016 10:24 PM

Feb 19, 2016 10:19 PM

May 2013
Did Arpeggio pulled Railgun's signature move at the end of the fight? O_o
Feb 19, 2016 10:32 PM

Nov 2013
"Let the war begin". More like one-sided slaughter. The ideas of his new general aren't bad ( at least he can use his his head unlike Prince Dumbass ), except they aren't gonna work. Hearing an explanation about the Gate was nice, that explains why there are so many different species. It was interesting how Arpeggio settled with marrying Itami, only to find out, that he is basically married with Lelei. Poor sister. And the magic battle was the highlight of this episode. When Arpeggio had thrown the coin, I thought: does she think she is Railgun? Plus one of the dumbest assassination attempts ever.
TheBigGuyFeb 19, 2016 10:38 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 19, 2016 10:38 PM

Nov 2013
mangamuscle said:
Did Arpeggio pulled Railgun's signature move at the end of the fight? O_o

I thought the same thing.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 19, 2016 11:25 PM
Jul 2013
lucky Itami

hot ex wife
genius loli
legal loli
denial elf
dark elf

dat drill blondie

tyuulee is also fucking hot tho too bad she's gonna bite the dust
Feb 19, 2016 11:42 PM

Sep 2012
dbaranyi said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

I can't say much cause as you know spoilers...but these question s are valid and don't worry they will be addressed later...either by the end of this cour..or in the cour after it....but it was already explained how they would deal with this in the novel...i can tell you but it would be spoilers so its up to you.

I'm game for spoilers.

Me too. You could tag it as spoilers, ShadowClaw.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Feb 20, 2016 12:13 AM

Jan 2012
Interesting magic fight but...that poor homeless family now. :(
Feb 20, 2016 12:44 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode. Poor Arpeggio, Lelei outclassed her in every way.
That dump on her head though XD, That's what being an elder sibling is all about :P

The girls got all jealous when Lelei said Itami and her had the Three Night ceremony, Rory especially xD

The duel was really nice.
An assassination attempt as well, Wonder what that order Tyuule sent was :o
Feb 20, 2016 12:56 AM

Jun 2013
kyle8998 said:
So again fuck Zolzal.
Lelei dueled with her sister. Assassins coming.

And Rory being Rory

Yes she Is...And Damn both Sisters are amazing
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 20, 2016 12:57 AM

Jun 2013
vanella96 said:
dbaranyi said:

I'm game for spoilers.

Me too. You could tag it as spoilers, ShadowClaw.

Post #25 in this forum... check it.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 20, 2016 1:00 AM

Jun 2013
Laionidas said:
For a second there, when Lelei was enchanting that staffhead, I thought she was about to use it as a Goa'uld staff weapon. Was a bit dissapointed. Flying broom witch mode is cool, but not as cool as a Stargate reference would have been.

Jarjaxle said:
LELEI IS HILARIOUS...Bookworm..lol, do not stand way between her and Books!! XD and Love how she and her Sister interact!! XD and now she hunts Itami for Marriage!? XD

Yeah, supposedly she's the quiet one, but she had that "three nights" move all figured out, even with off-siding Tuka. Sneaky girl XD

By the way does anyone remember which episode it was in season one in which Risa figured out who Itami's favourites were? Like "the elf for the looks, the other for the personality", etc.? It must have been when they were waiting in the van, after the onsen.

PericlesD said:
at some point the gate will close, so now i'm intrigued if this will happen before the japan forces could return, leaving they trapped in the other world without the army support from the other side

I was quite surprised Itami was not bothered by this, and was half expecting Itami to go scold Rory for not telling them, but in fact no one even picked up on it.

Was actually talking about Arpeggio when mentioned Marriage, but have to agree with you about Lelei...it is always the quite ones

Feb 20, 2016 2:18 AM

Jun 2013
Zolzal what a fucking bastard wait what we're a couple if we slept in the same room for 3 nights in a row? lol
Feb 20, 2016 2:37 AM

Feb 2010
I kind of wonder if the 3 nights thing counts yet. One of those nights was in Japan after all and I am fairly certain they don't have that tradition over there.
Feb 20, 2016 3:20 AM

Sep 2013
Looks like shit is going down inside the empire. I really hope that Zolzal guy dies that would be really satisfying. So in their world if you sleep with a girl in three nights you're married? if that's how it works in real life then I would have countless wives right now.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 20, 2016 3:33 AM

Jan 2013
Was not the best fight scene I saw, but it will suffice.
Feb 20, 2016 3:56 AM

Dec 2013
kramXD said:
lucky Itami

hot ex wife
genius loli
legal loli
denial elf
dark elf

dat drill blondie

tyuulee is also fucking hot tho too bad she's gonna bite the dust

Uh, no..... just no..... Boses belongs to someone else in Itami's company.

Overall this episode was exactly what I expected it to be, the calm before the storm. The coming few episodes is going to be hard to watch if you don't like violence against women....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 20, 2016 4:43 AM

Nov 2011
"Ara ara ara ara ara ara" intensifies

The GATE backstory was pretty interesting and it opens up some pretty cool concepts. Like maybe the GATE could possibly link to any reality and possibility created. So you can basically link every anime, book or whatever to the link and it could work out. Crossovers anyone? :3

Also... I half expected that to turn RAILGUN all of a sudden XD
Feb 20, 2016 5:23 AM

Feb 2014
The sooner Zorzal and Tyuule eats a massive exploding shell from a tank, the better. The empire, either way you look at it, is royally screwed with Zorzal as the emperor. By the looks of it, Pina's father seems to be ok for now, which is nice.

There were many great moments with Itami's group at Rondel. Learning about the history about the origins of the GATE was very interesting, but it does make me wonder about how long it stays open before it closes for the next 1000 years or so. If the JSDF aren't careful, then they might be stuck here for the rest of their lives.

The girls squabbling over Itami was hilarious. Lelei was VERY serious about the '3 nights' rule, although Tuka objected to that. Rory, however, wasn't pleased and proceeded to go yandere on poor Itami. In my eyes, Itami belongs with Rory only. =3

Poor Arpeggio found it so hard to take in all of Lelei's advantages over her, that she proceeded to dump a bowl of soup on Lelei's head! XD

Thus, it lead to the sisters' fight, which was nicely animated from A-1. Arpeggio's most surprising move was to do a Railgun and pull out a coin to flick into Lelei's direction. The only thing that's missing from here is any high-powered electricity that can turn the coin into a powerful beam, but that aside, it ended in a draw.

With assassin's aiming to take down Lelei, Itami's group must do their best to protect her the best they can.
Feb 20, 2016 5:26 AM

Sep 2014
Wow, what an episode. Props to A-1 for that impressive sister fight, really making me like leile more. I laugh a little when Itami was clueless about his harem.
Feb 20, 2016 5:36 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that does not seem to give much echo what happens before, but it's just an impression immediately denied, the narrative tone is good because it is played on two fronts, one very disturbing each other much more relaxing and enjoyable, I loved. Drawings and animations, good quality, the plot had a good injection of information, appreciated this aspect.

htsuji said:
Lesson:

If you want to have a man who is not interested in any love affair, then you should do things as if it were just some coincidences or natural consequences. You must not act aggressively about that.

A winning strategy, I would say!
Feb 20, 2016 6:32 AM

Dec 2014
That moment when zorzal and his generals think they actually have a fighting chance... gotta love it
Feb 20, 2016 6:44 AM
May 2013
the mage battle was awesome!!
Feb 20, 2016 9:48 AM

Sep 2013
If the gate suddenly closes, the jsdf would be fcked in a couple of months :(
All their ammo and fuel would dry up fast and the numbers game would destroy them.

The mage battle was epic, the assassin thou :(
Magic is gonna skyrocket when applied with all the earth info.
Feb 20, 2016 10:13 AM

May 2013
ichii_1 said:
If the gate suddenly closes, the jsdf would be fcked in a couple of months :(
All their ammo and fuel would dry up fast and the numbers game would destroy them.

That depends, if they secure resources (oil, potassium, sulphur) they can produce gasoline and bullets on their own, fancier weapons like missiles would not be replenished, but you do not need such precision weapons when the enemy is not airborne.
Feb 20, 2016 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
Zolzal and his entourage sure are a bunch of morons. They can plan any shenanigans they want, they're still gonna get their asses stomped on by the JSDF.
Feb 20, 2016 11:53 AM

Aug 2014
Zolzal is really just an idiotic douche, someone should kill him for good and that bunny slave bitch.

Besides that, it's nice to get some information on the GATE and the fight between the sisters was funny to watch.
Feb 20, 2016 1:04 PM

Feb 2015
it was a great episode overall with that magic battle :D
that was a really amazing battle imo but please don't destroyed things like that XD
i think even though the emperor died, they still can't do anything. they attack, they will died if japan really want to kill them all. so what i want to say is, stupid person is currently leading his own country XD
i like the story about gate which rory was talking about in this episode....it was interesting imo :)
Feb 20, 2016 1:56 PM

Dec 2012
We learn some interesting things about the gate Zolzal totally need to die, this man is so stupid ...
Rory *-*
Feb 20, 2016 2:33 PM

Jan 2014
Meta_Yoshi said:
In my eyes, Itami belongs with Rory only. =3

I agree 100%, but I strongly suspect he'll end up back with Risa.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 20, 2016 2:37 PM

Nov 2015
L-Ryoshi said:

Uh, no..... just no..... Boses belongs to someone else in Itami's company.

Overall this episode was exactly what I expected it to be, the calm before the storm. The coming few episodes is going to be hard to watch if you don't like violence against women....

well, i particularly dislike when shows make use of "gender armor" to not show women getting hurt, so it will be interesting to see how they pull it off
Feb 20, 2016 3:59 PM

Sep 2014
So we finally have the answer to the mystery behind the gate.

That means the gate will eventually close as some point. I see this playing a major part near the end.

As for the poisoning of the king and the prince taking over....WOW. He's going to try and bring war to the Japan SDF by attacking his own kingdom by means of pawning it off to another group? That's not going to work. I can already see Queen Bunny (thunder thighs MEGUSTA!!!!) will be shocked when all of this fails.

As for the king, I'm pretty sure I can see where this is going. They manage to get to the king, by way of the princess, test his blood, and find the antidote. They then ask the king to watch from a distance and see how corrupt his son is and how wrong his choices are. When shit hits the fan, he makes his comeback and joins the JSDF to fix all this.
Feb 20, 2016 4:35 PM

Sep 2015
Does anybody else feel like the political plot is just playing second fiddle to everything else at this point? It was nice to get an explanation about the gate and all but everything else that happened in this episode seemed really insignificant. I don't know, I'm probably in the minority here but was just wondering if anyone else felt this way.
Feb 20, 2016 7:17 PM

Jun 2015
Zozal will be looking for bribes from the Japanese, so Sugawara's gift of pearls for that girl will
come back to haunt him.

The JSDF may be able to steamroll these mediaeval armies, but they may catch heat from Japan for not
keeping the peace. No, it's not their fault, but the envoys were needing a diplomatic relationship.

I hope there's more political intrigue. Watching the army deliver regular spankings is
entertaining, but may get old.
Feb 20, 2016 7:45 PM

Dec 2014
D@mn you itami, "defiling" Lelei like that... XD
Feb 20, 2016 11:46 PM

Nov 2015
Great episode! The fight between leilei and arpeggio was awesome and their relationship is pretty funny. Also thought the three nights scene was funny and just like everybody else I'm tired of seeing evil bunny girl getting away with all of these damn dirty schemes!
Feb 20, 2016 11:49 PM

Jun 2014
Well this looked like it was gonna be just a goofy episode towards the end, then SUDDENLY ASSASSIN.

But Zol taking control is worrying.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 21, 2016 12:03 AM

Jan 2016
Amazing anime and yet another a good episode. Lelei Chan was victorious in every way.
Anime Community Owner - https://discuss.moe
Feb 21, 2016 1:23 PM

Sep 2014
Something interesting finally happens and then they waste 15 f*cking minutes on a mage city.
Seriously?
Feb 21, 2016 7:16 PM
Feb 2013
This whole episode felt kinda awkward and forced. The camera angles were incredibly annoying and felt really weird.

But yeah I gotta say, RIP empire, japan could just nuke and pave you ungrateful gits.
Feb 22, 2016 7:15 AM

Jun 2010
Worried about Sugawara next episode, what's to stop that idiot Zolzal from arresting or killing the japanese diplomats in the capital? preview suggests something is going to go down with Sugawara and his loli waifu... or could just be a fanservice episode... maybe I'm thinking too much on it.

Feb 22, 2016 10:59 AM

Dec 2009
Ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara........

Damn i love when i get to see awesomely executed magical battle tactics. You always take advantage of any opportunity and be prepared for opportunities to strike, even if sometimes that means a follow-through after barely avoiding a critical hit.

Though i'm not sure how many people actually comprehend the sophistication of these altercations - hence why i've previously griped about how the melee combat skill on the level of individuals was pathetically lacking in the series. Compared to the magic fights and the JSDF strike packages, the sword battles in the first season were pretty pathetic.

"Mama, where's our home?"
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 22, 2016 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
I sure hope that family got more than just a basket of fruit and sorry note.
Feb 22, 2016 11:37 PM

Dec 2015
The new pieces of information and the prince's decisions promise a lot of good events but the all Lelei/Arpeggio moment in-between was so long it annoyed me. It feeled like a 8minutes advertisement interruption on TV (on top of that, add the 1min ads from the simulcast service xD).
Feb 23, 2016 9:08 AM

Oct 2008
That was an epic fight with Lelei and her older sister!
Damn evil bunny girl making thing a lot more chaotic!
Hyped for the next events to come!
5/5.

Feb 24, 2016 3:55 AM

May 2015
GenesisAria said:
Ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara ara.......

seems akeno senpai has already getting old
Feb 24, 2016 10:17 PM

Sep 2013
I may have missed something but when did bunny girl go from sex slave #3 to someone people in the empire would actually acknowledge and receive orders from?
Feb 25, 2016 4:40 AM

Jul 2014
@talentlessash
They do not acknowledge her nor they receive orders from. They threat her as a messenger. The orders she gave were from Zol, or at least the ones receiving them thinks so.
Feb 25, 2016 3:23 PM

Sep 2013
mozgow said:
@talentlessash
They do not acknowledge her nor they receive orders from. They threat her as a messenger. The orders she gave were from Zol, or at least the ones receiving them thinks so.
I kinda get that but at the same time I wonder why they'll accept orders that are handled and can easily be changed by slave #3. I'm probably just looking for something to complain about.
Feb 25, 2016 8:36 PM
Nov 2012
mozgow said:
@talentlessash

Tyuule is more than a messenger. She's the brains behind Zorzal. That's probably not much of a secret. A few people have looked at her with hatred or fear. Tyuule also has that troll-like guy serving her, and other minions, including House Formal's butler. Zorzal probably doesn't know about those, although he might not be totally unaware.

Zorzal and Tyuule do have an interesting relationship.
Feb 26, 2016 12:14 AM

Aug 2013
Leilei's onee-chan is pretty cool.. I like her.
All the girls preying on Itami now.. there's no where to run HAHAHA.
Just the type of answer I'd expect from Itami.. LOL.
Not good.. seems like there's trouble with the little girl next episode.
I can't wait for war.. fight and kill those idiots. xD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

56 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Jan 18, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

159 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.