Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2016 11:40 AM

Apr 2013
moodie said:
mrkm said:

hey dude what's it feel like to be quoted by someone with less than 200 anime watched
feels like nothing since my sig is obviously bait

Damn, I was hoping you were for real and you were actually going to get angry at me.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Feb 4, 2016 11:42 AM

May 2012
This shit is One Punch Man level hype, except OPM deserved it's hype.
KinaroFeb 5, 2016 6:29 AM
Feb 4, 2016 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
Neith720 said:
Xenocrisi said:

How did you get that gif? Nice one!

Tumblr

Feb 4, 2016 11:48 AM

Nov 2012
wow that scene where satoru sees the gloves in the trash bag... ;_;
not sure what to think of the rest of the episode though, i agree that airi's father's backstory was kind of weird.. i mean, all that because of a chocolate bar?
Feb 4, 2016 11:50 AM

Apr 2014
Kinaro said:
This shit is One Punch Man level hype
nah opm is just based on hype alone it had nothing in its story that made it deserve its rating

this is genuinely a story thats trying to be compelling
Feb 4, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
Definitely much, much weaker than the other four episodes (probably to do with the switch to the present, the contrived back story of Airi's father and Airi deciding to open the door rather than jump out the window in the fire), but still very strong anyway. Seems like the abuse Kayo took at home finally reached its inevitable breaking point with her death, but I'm positive this only happened because Satoru minimised the killer's opportunities to get to her. Speaking of the killer, it seems pretty reasonable to assume that the killer knows exactly what Satoru is doing and is actively working to try and stop him from saving Kayo, though why he's so hellbent on Kayo and Satoru of all people is what I want to know. I'm also hoping Satoru goes back in time again when he sees the house on fire, especially given how much stronger the episodes in the past are.
Feb 4, 2016 11:57 AM

Apr 2013
I usually skip the OP after the first time i watch it for most series... but i can't bring myself to do it for this series. Even when i rewatch the episodes i can't bring myself to skip it.

Feb 4, 2016 11:58 AM

Jul 2015
Love this anime but not sure I'm happy with the twist and going back to the future. I realise they made very subtle changes to show that he DID make a tiny difference in history but just not sure on if it was best to go back to the future immediately.

Stories where people are blamed for crimes they didn't commit are usually a bit dumb to me, especially when its obvious he didn't do it.

Hope they go back to the past soon, even though I loved seeing Airi again.
Feb 4, 2016 11:58 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Lelouch0202 said:

If anything I'm still in the dark about the killer's motives, Can't seem to find a proper motive as to why the killer murdered Satoru's Mom.

She knew him, thats why. After she did saw him to try to capture that little girl, she started to think about his identity. And then she was sure about that Satoru's friend Yuki would not be the killer. She did recognize the real killer in the situation where he tried to capture another girl in the park.

She most likely would become a thread and he did solve the problem on his way.
CyanwasserstoffFeb 4, 2016 12:15 PM
Feb 4, 2016 11:59 AM

Jul 2009
That detective is so shady, but I don't believe he is the teacher at all and maybe those kidnappings are made by a group or by different people and not by a single person.

JustArsan said:
moodie said:
depending on where u go and being in a small conservative town, theft is a big issue.

in some third world countries ppl beat u in the middle of the street for stealing something. so if u open ur mind a bit ull realize it isnt that far fetched.

Japan isn't Africa though. It's really far fetched to even call the police for a ~50 Cent chocolate bar, I'd think. But the characters in this anime are really weirdly written anyway.. Kids don't act like kids, the motives of the mother are completely nonexistent right now. But it's solid nonetheless.

I've seen a lot of dumb posts on MAL but this one deserves a medal.

Get out of your little bubble and open your eyes, people kill for less than nothing everywhere and you are questioning about a guy calling the police because a supposed theft?
Feb 4, 2016 12:01 PM

Jul 2015
moodie said:
Kinaro said:
This shit is One Punch Man level hype
nah opm is just based on hype alone it had nothing in its story that made it deserve its rating

Well, no. I had never heard of OPM before I watched it and I gave it a 10 for its comedy, setting and characters.

OPM is fairly compelling anyway. I've watched it 4 times since it came out because I find it addictive, because you want to see Saitama's progression and the fights.

Compelling doesn't just relate to mysteries.
Feb 4, 2016 12:02 PM

Sep 2014
My god everyone in this show is so unlucky. That ending though.. I REALLY hope Airi isn't gone. She had a great personality and presence.
Feb 4, 2016 12:04 PM

May 2012
Yo the killer straight set her house on fire. Boy that's cold blooded.

Damn this anime gets better with every passing week. So I assume the mother and the dad killed Hinazuki. Fucked up that they just threw her away like trash. Makes me fucking sick.

Now here is what I don't get. Satoru clearly changed the past. It was just a little, but he still changed it never the less. But now he is back in 2006. So how does this mean he can't go back in time again or what? I was under the impression it would be like Steins;Gate. But see now I'm confused because he still didn't change anything and Airi is about to be roasted it. If anything it just got worse. And was that the teacher?

Damn it! I can write a book of just questions about this one episode, and I love it. Can't wait for next Thursday.
AntearionFeb 4, 2016 12:12 PM
Feb 4, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2015
Jonny_Mhl said:
That detective is so shady, but I don't believe he is the teacher at all and maybe those kidnappings are made by a group or by different people and not by a single person.

JustArsan said:

Japan isn't Africa though. It's really far fetched to even call the police for a ~50 Cent chocolate bar, I'd think. But the characters in this anime are really weirdly written anyway.. Kids don't act like kids, the motives of the mother are completely nonexistent right now. But it's solid nonetheless.

Get out of your little bubble and open your eyes, people kill for less than nothing everywhere and you are questioning about a guy calling the police because a supposed theft?

Gotta admit, this message got me too. Kids don't act like kids. Well, most of them do. There's certainly a darkness to some of them but they still act like kids I'd even meet in the streets.

People keep randomly seeming to shit on the mother as the villain... but I don't get why. People seem to refuse to accept that some parents just beat their kids to feel powerful. I've seen that shit first hand. Some adults just like to do it because it makes them feel big and in control.

Theft in a small community is especially a big issue, especially from someone part of a Co-Op where you are meant to share everything and not be selfish.
Feb 4, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2014
I knew something bad was going to happen to Airi when that guy was staring at her next to his car. Considering how awesome Airi was punching that guy I'll be upset if she really dies

That scene with the trash bag was 0_o
Feb 4, 2016 12:07 PM

Oct 2015
Xenocrisi said:
aznsensation801 said:
can someone post a gif of Airi's punch?

This might be my new favourite thing. Even ever someone pisses me off, I think I'll send them that.

Feb 4, 2016 12:10 PM

Jun 2013
Holy shit its only episode 5...
Feb 4, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2015
Let us return to the present. Airi and apparently died. our Satoru only have more trouble giving up a heartache
But one thing that intrigues me so much and why his friend is blonde at the opening with scratched eyes as if it were one of the suspects
Feb 4, 2016 12:12 PM
Mar 2013
[quote=Drake1000 message=44574689]Finally back to 2006
Kayo's mom is such a piece of shit, holy shit fucking kill this bitch already, RIP Kayo
this piece of shit is voiced by nami seiyuu ...
Feb 4, 2016 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
ThatDarnIrishMan said:
Jonny_Mhl said:

Gotta admit, this message got me too. Kids don't act like kids. Well, most of them do. There's certainly a darkness to some of them but they still act like kids I'd even meet in the streets.

People keep randomly seeming to shit on the mother as the villain... but I don't get why. People seem to refuse to accept that some parents just beat their kids to feel powerful. I've seen that shit first hand. Some adults just like to do it because it makes them feel big and in control.

Theft in a small community is especially a big issue, especially from someone part of a Co-Op where you are meant to share everything and not be selfish.

It's not really about the darkness that bothered me, but how for example Kayo constantly dropped her monologues and acted all mysterious and deep, especially when she first met the Protagonist which just seemed out of place. I'd have to pull up the episode to specifically quote anything, but I think you get the point.

People see the mother as a villain because she is just portrayed as such - red eyes, psycho grin, beating her child at every opportunity while the school says "Whelp. Officials don't do smth, so whatevs." which I can understand under the presented circumstances though. It's the same thing that Shigatsu did, just in a different context.

The theft thing in a small community. Hey. That's all fine - though I'm skeptical if you tell me that it's a "given norm" - that a somewhat priviliged family has all that drama around a bar of chocolate. Calling the cops is one thing, a broken marriage is just bs - or we would have to know more about the family itself.

Not even going to address that guy who seems to think traditionalism means an automatic collaps of your entire life by some small misdeed, without having any clue whatsoever about the context of the situation.
The only reason the chocolate bar think bothered me, is that it is presented in an absolutely retarded manner. But ye. Maybe I'm just naive like that :^)
Feb 4, 2016 12:18 PM

Apr 2013
Xenocrisi said:
aznsensation801 said:
can someone post a gif of Airi's punch?

Sucker Punches are the best :D

Feb 4, 2016 12:18 PM

Jan 2013
Why would Airi's mum get a divorce from her dad just because he apparently stole a chocolate bar?
The hell...
And damn, I feel so sorry for Satoru.
I wonder how the murderer found out where Airi was living. Must have stalked her.
LichtspielFeb 4, 2016 12:26 PM

Feb 4, 2016 12:20 PM

Oct 2014
Man, what an episode!
Feb 4, 2016 12:22 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Who the fuck is the guy the mananger talked with? They hid his face, is that the killer?!

AIRI! :D I love her and how she punched that douchebag manager, very lovable character.

So Kayo got killed again by her parents, god awful, i hope that Satoru manages to go back in time again.

Airi got in an explosion! :/ The killer is fkin smart.
Feb 4, 2016 12:23 PM

Dec 2015
Divorce over a chocolate bar?

Instant 10/10

I do like how it's jumped back to the present now, and I'm more inclined to start reading the manga now so I can confirm my suspicions on who the killer is.

Airi got a good punch in too, but left the Pizza alone in the cold. What a waste.

Feb 4, 2016 12:25 PM

May 2015
FUCK, NO. Not a cliffhanger like that! The pain to wait another week becomes even greater now...

The way the manager looked at Airi was disgusting.... Airi packed him a glorious punch in the face. The story about her dad was pretty sad too. I'm curious who the person the manager talked to was. The voice was somehow similar to the teacher's.

Can't wait for next episode. Just hoping Airi won't die...

Feb 4, 2016 12:27 PM

Feb 2015
Ah! These damn cliff hangers! {(>_<)}

Apr 2014
not AS great as the previous episode, but still amazing. I love this show, and it definitely is the best show of this season.
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Another top quality chapter. The story is really well put together and it really makes you feel completely helpless. Luckily, that Airi punch soothed my soul. The manager is a lying hypocrite and a sleazebag.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 4, 2016 12:29 PM
Apr 2013
Feb 4, 2016 12:30 PM

Sep 2015
Wow, another excellent episode from this superb anime so far...
The story was a bit different since he came back to present day, but it still managed to deliver its story with unique quality!
Feb 4, 2016 12:33 PM
Jan 2015
I don't get why would Airi open the door instead of jumping out of the window.... That annoyed me. Nonetheless, amazing episode as usual
Feb 4, 2016 12:34 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ultranumbed said:
I don't get why would Airi open the door instead of jumping out of the window.... That annoyed me. Nonetheless, amazing episode as usual

Killer sent her a message for Satoru mom's phone disguising himself as Satoru. He told her to stay where she is.
Feb 4, 2016 12:35 PM

Aug 2015
Love this so much!
5/5

Feb 4, 2016 12:36 PM

Jan 2013
Airi gave a hell of a punch to the manager
Feb 4, 2016 12:37 PM

Nov 2014
The new person was shown in the manga the moment he was introduced. I was like "Airi is a cute girl indeed." BUT YOU DIDN'T EVEN SEE HER FACE YET!

Feb 4, 2016 12:38 PM
Jan 2016
I think i Airi Will die as it look like in the opening song and suspect will be satoru.
Man the killer is so clever
Feb 4, 2016 12:41 PM

Feb 2011
WHY WOULD THEY END IT THERE

Oct 2015
Was freaking out when he was looking into the garbage bags. I was hoping they were not gonna do it like that, all choppy choppy like. But then it was just mittens (:! Not some 11 years old body.

Jul 2009
ThatDarnIrishMan said:
Jonny_Mhl said:

I've seen that shit at first hand as well and even more worse shit which people tend to ignore.

Parents beating their kids up is a synonym of low self-esteem and grief, especially if the parents thinks the kid is unwanted, which seems to be the case of Kayo's mother.

Living in a small community is sometimes troublesome, because everyone will know what you did or what you have said and will condemn you and talk at your back all the time and for some families it is too overwhelming to deal with, so people usually resign from their jobs and change up their homes.

@JustArsan the one without any clue on the topic here is you, but it's okay to jump out of the boat when you dislike the series and don't want to try to understand it.

Apr 2014
Hisokath said:
The new person was shown in the manga the moment he was introduced. I was like "Airi is a cute girl indeed." BUT YOU DIDN'T EVEN SEE HER FACE YET!
he is asking him since the manager is lost in a trance

it was to poke fun at him and get him back on topic. its not like he really thinks she is cute he is observing the behavior of the manger.
Feb 4, 2016 12:44 PM
May 2015
OH MY FUCKING GOD.
5/5
Feb 4, 2016 12:45 PM

Oct 2007
ThatDarnIrishMan said:
moodie said:

Well, no. I had never heard of OPM before I watched it and I gave it a 10 for its comedy, setting and characters.

OPM is fairly compelling anyway. I've watched it 4 times since it came out because I find it addictive, because you want to see Saitama's progression and the fights.

Compelling doesn't just relate to mysteries.

There's this really annoying undercurrent running through the anime community these days that sees people trying affiliate themselves with designate "smart" shows and genres which generally seems to mean anything with lots and lots and lots of dialogue purposeful or not, mystery, seinen, romance or melodrama and to reject anything seen as "not smart" like superhero stories, shonen action, mecha/sci-fi. IMO you're talking to some of those types and are probably just wasting your time trying to justify why you can enjoy more than one genre or type of show.
Jan 2015
Smudy said:
Ultranumbed said:

Killer sent her a message for Satoru mom's phone disguising himself as Satoru. He told her to stay where she is.

She realized that it was the killer though. Also, why would anyone stay still if they can tell that their house is on fire? Just get the hell away from the source, not go towards it.

Jun 2011
We have solved it guys, the teacher's guilty.
That's it, no more anime
Feb 4, 2016 12:47 PM

Nov 2014
The best person around you is the person who holds trust in you.
I wish I could get a wife like Airi.
Feb 4, 2016 12:49 PM

Sep 2013
Okay.

Also, that clever way of showing

I love Airi, but I hate when she speaks in third person. People, who don't understand Japanese, will not understand the pain of hearing her talk in third person qq. Airi this, Airi that. The subs didn't do a good job of portraying this, which sucks because it's a constant reminder of her age and "immaturity." The "don't forget she's 17 and Satoru is 29"-type reminder.

Anyways, can't wait for the next episode!

Mod Edit: Added another spoiler tag
MasterTengkorakFeb 5, 2016 3:35 PM
Feb 4, 2016 12:49 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Ultranumbed said:
Smudy said:

She realized that it was the killer though. Also, why would anyone stay still if they can tell that their house is on fire? Just get the hell away from the source, not go towards it.

It wouldnt have made a difference, explosion would have killed (we dont know if she is) her regardless of what she did. Killer knows that Airi trusts Satoru.
Feb 4, 2016 12:50 PM

Jan 2014
Welp, shit just went from 100 to over 9000.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1400 by gr3sa3 »»
May 4, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

832 by gr3sa3 »»
May 4, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.