Forums

Which anime do you think SHOULD be in the top 30

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Sep 24, 2014 1:07 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hitchcocker said:
Honestly, Monster being out of the top 30 is a travesty. You wouldn't find any anime like Monster in the current top 30.
Indeed there is only one anime called Monster. A keen observation right there.
Sep 24, 2014 1:45 PM

Sep 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Hitchcocker said:
Honestly, Monster being out of the top 30 is a travesty. You wouldn't find any anime like Monster in the current top 30.

I was commenting on the uniqueness of Monster. Not so keen intellect right there.
Sep 24, 2014 1:50 PM

Jan 2013
Hitchcocker said:
HaXXspetten said:

I was commenting on the uniqueness of Monster. Not so keen intellect right there.

You do know he was being sarcastic I hope.
Sep 24, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2013
At least Monster is very close to being in the top 30 unlike Gankutsuou which isn't even in the top 100 even though it's as good a mystery thriller as Monster.
Sep 24, 2014 1:56 PM

Feb 2010
Monster it #6 in manga so find some consolation in that.

[size=10]20th Century Boys is better anyway :>.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 24, 2014 2:07 PM

Jun 2013
ryoukii said:
Katanagatari. Great characters, story, soundtrack.

Indeed. It was pretty cute until I cried my eyes out.

Saandro said:
JoJo's bizarre adventure should be top 30.

I really don't get the appeal of it.

My pick would be Spice and Wolf.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Sep 24, 2014 2:08 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Zergneedsfood said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Monster it #6 in manga so find some consolation in that.

[size=10]20th Century Boys is better anyway :>.
I've been meaning to read 20th Century Boys. I've already read the Monster manga and liked what I read but 20th Century Boys is so long. >__>
uh it's 22 volumes, Monster is 18 so it's not THAT much longer..

unless the chapters are like super long or smth, idk, haven't read it
Sep 24, 2014 2:10 PM

Dec 2012
Zergneedsfood said:
I've been meaning to read 20th Century Boys. I've already read the Monster manga and liked what I read but 20th Century Boys is so long. >__>

Do it!

It's better than Monster, for me at least.

The length only bothered me in the last third of the manga, before that I was super addicted, reading more than 7 volumes in one setting.
Sep 24, 2014 2:11 PM

Dec 2013
hentai_eucli said:
I believe K-on should be in the top 30.
Or top 10. Legit.

Every K-On! episode in a nutshell:
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Sep 24, 2014 2:13 PM

Dec 2013
Meanwhile, Gits: Sac isn't even top 100. 2nd Gig is higher, but at least one should be top 30 imo.
Sep 24, 2014 3:51 PM

Jan 2014
Zergneedsfood said:
tsudecimo said:
Do it!

It's better than Monster, for me at least.

The length only bothered me in the last third of the manga, before that I was super addicted, reading more than 7 volumes in one setting.
Will probably do it the next time I'm in a manga mood. Have way too many things to read right now.

I am reading 20th Century Boys right now (on volume 14), and it is definitely worth it. Very intriguing and even moving.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 24, 2014 3:58 PM

Jul 2013
Hitchcocker said:
HaXXspetten said:

There's plenty of anime in the top 30 that want to be taken seriously but expect you to turn your brain off. This isn't unique to Monster.
Sep 24, 2014 3:58 PM

Jun 2012
RedRoseFring said:
Zergneedsfood said:
Will probably do it the next time I'm in a manga mood. Have way too many things to read right now.

I am reading 20th Century Boys right now (on volume 14), and it is definitely worth it. Very intriguing and even moving.

3rd recc for 20th Century Boys. I was legitimately sad when I learned there was no anime for it, had me hooked from start to finish and the amount of foreshadowing/checkov's gunning in it is ridiculous
Sep 24, 2014 4:01 PM

Feb 2013
20th CB had the best 1st 2/3rds of any manga

so much so that even the problems it had later on couldn't diminish it (much)
Sep 24, 2014 4:25 PM

Oct 2013
I've been thinking about reading 20th CB for a while now, seeing a lot of people talking about it and saying good things about it kinda motivates me to read a few chapters and see how good it's.
Sep 24, 2014 4:54 PM

Jul 2012
ugh 20th cb would be perfect as an anime. manga, not so much honestly. but it's still a great read!

sedmelluq said:
Saandro said:
JoJo's bizarre adventure should be top 30.

Yeah, tbh JJBA is only good if you like it. Otherwise, it's a weird show that can't appeal to everyone.
Sep 24, 2014 5:13 PM

Feb 2012
mayukachan said:
ugh 20th cb would be perfect as an anime. manga, not so much honestly. but it's still a great read!

sedmelluq said:

Yeah, tbh JJBA is only good if you like it. Otherwise, it's a weird show that can't appeal to everyone.

but something like Clannad is appealing to all?
"You know what they say about he who hesitates in war? He who hesitates is lost."
Sep 24, 2014 5:14 PM

Jul 2012
captainmorgan said:
But something like Clannad is appealing to all?

I'd say it appeals for most people. I'm definitely not included, but most otaku like it.
Sep 24, 2014 5:28 PM

Mar 2014
Ghost in the Shell Stand alone complex can't get into the top 30 because the first season is ridiculously boring. It is so far the most boring episodic show I've watched.
Ghost in the shell 2nd gig, Baccano and shinsekai yori should be up there. Why does mal hate movies based on anime? (ex. Cowboy Bebop and Steins; Gate)
Sep 24, 2014 5:39 PM

Oct 2013
captainmorgan said:
mayukachan said:

but something like Clannad is appealing to all?

The only thing I find weird in clannad is their big eyes. o.o
Unpopular opinion but Jojo stardust and bizzare is definitely a stupid parody series imo.
keragammingSep 24, 2014 5:44 PM
Sep 24, 2014 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
sullynathan said:
Ghost in the Shell Stand alone complex can't get into the top 30 because the first season is ridiculously boring. It is so far the most boring episodic show I've watched.
Ghost in the shell 2nd gig, Baccano and shinsekai yori should be up there. Why does mal hate movies based on anime? (ex. Cowboy Bebop and Steins; Gate)

the Laughing Man >>>>>>>>>> Kuze
Sep 24, 2014 5:54 PM

Mar 2014
hybreezy said:
sullynathan said:

the Laughing Man >>>>>>>>>> Kuze

Laughing man was interesting when revealed, but it was still boring nonetheless
Sep 24, 2014 5:57 PM

Dec 2013
Gits was anything but boring.
Sep 24, 2014 6:13 PM

May 2014
Spice and wolf
Nagi no asukara
Sep 24, 2014 6:45 PM

Jul 2012
Alpha101 said:
Nagi no asukara

I'd rather not this show gets too much popularity or it'll get all the hate that Clannad and AnoHana get for being teenager mainstream tearjerkers.
Sep 24, 2014 6:56 PM

Nov 2013
2nd Gig no doubt has the tighter narrative, but I preferred the first season's experimental nature. And yeah, the Laughing Man was far more interesting than the refugee situation imo.
TienSep 24, 2014 7:03 PM
Sep 24, 2014 6:58 PM

Dec 2013
mayukachan said:
Alpha101 said:
Nagi no asukara

I'd rather not this show gets too much popularity or it'll get all the hate that Clannad and AnoHana get for being teenager mainstream tearjerkers.

Clannad is bad. After Story was pretty good but had a weird pace for some people.. VN trumps both of them completely though.

AnoHana could have been a 3-4, maybe a 5 episode anime at most, and everyone knows it.
The AnoHana movie was pretty disappointing too.
You'd expect a nice summary of the whole anime put into a movie, but no:
It's just crummy flashbacks that no one will remember a few hours after watching it.

1/10 would not recommend.

- Hater done n out

Jokes aside, there really are a lot of bad points that merit the hate. Most just hate because of popularity, but there are legitimate reasons as well.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Sep 24, 2014 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
Both shows have a fair share of problems. I'm biased for AnoHana because I liked it more but the other tearjerker shows that are less known such as Cross Game and Major don't get shit on a lot because they're not popular. So what I mean by I hope Nagiasu doesn't get too popular is because I value it and I don't like it getting too much hate.
Sep 24, 2014 7:25 PM

Dec 2012
Not many of the ones that are actually in it right now. Although, a lot of them are varying levels of good.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Sep 24, 2014 7:33 PM

Jun 2012
The top 30?

I'm assuming this top thirty is already host to legends such as Sazae, Maruko, Youkai Watch, Doraemon, and Conan, so I don't particularly have any suggestions.
Sep 24, 2014 8:00 PM

Sep 2013
mayukachan said:
Both shows have a fair share of problems. I'm biased for AnoHana because I liked it more but the other tearjerker shows that are less known such as Cross Game and Major don't get shit on a lot because they're not popular. So what I mean by I hope Nagiasu doesn't get too popular is because I value it and I don't like it getting too much hate.

Dat first Major episode :'/
Sep 24, 2014 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
Wintovisky said:
mayukachan said:

Dat first Major episode :'/

Sep 24, 2014 8:28 PM

Jul 2013
YorozuyaGinSan said:
The top 30?

I'm assuming this top thirty is already host to legends such as Sazae, Maruko, Youkai Watch, Doraemon, and Conan, so I don't particularly have any suggestions.

If Sazae is the Japanese Simpsons then that means half of its seasons suck so no top 30 for dat trash
Sep 24, 2014 9:22 PM

Jan 2014
Cakedog said:
mayukachan said:

Clannad is bad. After Story was pretty good but had a weird pace for some people.. VN trumps both of them completely though.

AnoHana could have been a 3-4, maybe a 5 episode anime at most, and everyone knows it.
The AnoHana movie was pretty disappointing too.
You'd expect a nice summary of the whole anime put into a movie, but no:
It's just crummy flashbacks that no one will remember a few hours after watching it.

1/10 would not recommend.

- Hater done n out

Jokes aside, there really are a lot of bad points that merit the hate. Most just hate because of popularity, but there are legitimate reasons as well.

True that!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 24, 2014 10:24 PM
Nov 2013
Because this seems to be one of those "what anime do you like the most" threads

the Clannad series and shaft's Monogatari series

why? because i liked them.. like everyone else in this thread suggesting also because something something objectively the best.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Anime tropes you want to see more of

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

11 by Anjuro »»
2 seconds ago

» Which of your favorite anime actually has the most interesting story?

WatchTillTandava - 6 hours ago

14 by TRC_Randy »»
4 minutes ago

» why is myanimelist aka mal not popular in china?

deg - Yesterday

28 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you feel just not excited for anime these days? ( 1 2 )

anizawa89 - May 10

60 by Nirinbo »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » should characters be smart or mature for you to enjoy them?

deg - Yesterday

27 by RaiYou »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.