Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 28, 2014 10:09 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A kiss huh? ...

Anyways, if Akashi think he wants to do the protecting all the time, he should also rely on others sometimes. Overall episode felt slow. Akashi does recall some of his past though so I'm curious to see how things will go from here.
Stark700Jul 28, 2014 10:25 AM
Jul 28, 2014 10:31 AM

Mar 2014
Akashi started to degenerate again. Haha. He was really bad so that he mistook Tsugumi's name while dating with her.

Anyway, this episode seemed to be a prologue of the next episode. Perhaps (and I really hope), the next episode will reveal the relation between Tsugumi and the other children. (I think it may be good if Akashi and Tsugumi would fight against Minashi, Raika, Iwato and the scientists. But this is my personal hope)

P.S. According to the director, Tsugumi doesn't wear any lingerie.

P.P.S. The name of the Corpse girl was finally shown in this episode. She was officially Tsugumi.
Jul 28, 2014 10:41 AM

May 2013
So Akashi finally remembers who Tsugumi is. Now I want to know more about her. Hopefully they will talk about it in the next episode.
Jul 28, 2014 10:52 AM
Jan 2014
this was a pretty good episode but it did feel slow. akashi seems to remember tsugumi now and tsugumi seems to hate minashi for some reason. I wonder why?
bagface36Jul 28, 2014 11:06 AM
Jul 28, 2014 12:37 PM

May 2012
ahh, Tsugumi once remind me of a character i used to admire hehe, i love her already in here, hahah

I'm too glad to finally see you Tsugumi. and she was totally piss off that Akashi thought that she was Sasame xD , saying that she'll stop Akashi from saying that evil name ..

GIVE ME MORE TSUGUMI ! hahaha

I see, Tsugumi was piss at the sight of Minashi - probably becos of the sin that both he and Sasame do.

Finally Akashi got his real memories about the truth, and who he actually searching for. Now he probably will be twisted of his feeling between Tsugumi or Sasame.

Also, it seems Iwato might have feelings for Raika?
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jul 28, 2014 3:06 PM
Jan 2012
That Minashi and Sasame scene in the beginning of the episode was hilarious. Something similar happened with Emiru and Heito as well.

I think Minashi and Sasame likely brainwashed Akashi into forgetting Tsugumi. Tsugumi was not only left behind by Akashi but likely Akashi broke another promise. Boy, this guy just keeps failing XD Pissed of Tsugumi out for revenge is going to be good. I look forward to her beating the crap out of Minashi/Sasame and Akashi :)

I felt a lot more bad for Tsugumi than Sasame in just a single episode. Akashi is a giant ass to forget Tsugumi like that. But then again he is just one track minded fool. BTW, Tsugumi has more of a personality than Sasame as well. It is incredible that the dull girl will still win in the end.
juvememaJul 28, 2014 3:10 PM
Jul 28, 2014 3:11 PM
Jan 2014
dmrch said:

Anyway, this episode seemed to be a prologue of the next episode. Perhaps (and I really hope), the next episode will reveal the relation between Tsugumi and the other children.

I hope so, I've been waiting for that since the start of the anime...
dmrch said:

P.S. According to the director, Tsugumi doesn't wear any lingerie.

Haha, is it relevant to know that? xD
nyancat2506 said:

Also, it seems Iwato might have feelings for Raika?

Looks like it, they even had a lovey-dovey moment in the previous episode IIRC.
Jul 28, 2014 7:43 PM

Jul 2014
CROW MASSACRE episode.

Nice to see some revelation between Tsugumi and Akashi relationship. Cliffhanger again, huh?

Btw Minashi sure is evil, what is his real intention? :x

Also, why did they able to retrieve Heito from previous ep, but not Akashi and Argent? Did they intentionally left Akashi behind?

Iwato and Raika is the most sane people here. And d'awwww Iwato hope Raika notice his feelings XD So cute.

p.s : I notice some difference on Akashi's eyes before and after he fainted from crow massacre. Is this some kind of hint (intentional) or just the animators being lazy i don't know
ScienceGirlJul 28, 2014 9:04 PM
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jul 28, 2014 9:18 PM
Nov 2013
lamentable Akashi is a great protagonist, the guy had his memories erased and rewritten, it is broken and all he wanted was taken from him. what you want him to trust in the woman's brother who lied to him about the lemon, or Emiru did not you tell your state or necromal sasame and minashi your lies or the mad doctor.
the bandits are minashi and sasame mainly minashi fake wolf in sheep's clothing.
Jul 28, 2014 10:07 PM
Jul 2012
tiya_n said:
CROW MASSACRE episode.

Nice to see some revelation between Tsugumi and Akashi relationship. Cliffhanger again, huh?

Btw Minashi sure is evil, what is his real intention? :x

Also, why did they able to retrieve Heito from previous ep, but not Akashi and Argent? Did they intentionally left Akashi behind?

Iwato and Raika is the most sane people here. And d'awwww Iwato hope Raika notice his feelings XD So cute.

p.s : I notice some difference on Akashi's eyes before and after he fainted from crow massacre. Is this some kind of hint (intentional) or just the animators being lazy i don't know

Um, Tsugumi took Akashi away so there couldn't be any chance for them to retrieve Akashi.

It took him so long to call Tsugumi by name and that Corpse in its small broken form is so cute. Now we certainly do not whether the Corpse is actually evil or not. It seems like it is alive since Tsugumi said that it is afraid of Akashi. If the Corpse is alive, then just what are Necrometals? Who the hell is Minashi actually?

That and Heito finally got his turn of bad luck. I really wanted this crazy dude to turn into a L.I.M. so that we can be done with him, but still have his craziness. Please make him one. I wonder who will pilot him though, Iwato maybe?
Jul 29, 2014 6:46 AM
Jul 2011
I Hope That Tsugumi Will Help Akashi Leave The Lightless Realm In Next Episode.
Jul 29, 2014 9:57 AM

Apr 2014
Se Heito was still alive and only 40% of his body had turned into necrometal, but I wish he will be on the ICU for a long time.

I guess the Corpse wasn't really an enemy because it doesn't had killed anyone in the past episodes.

Finally the name of the girl who on the shoulder of the Corpse was revealed, and it was really Tsumugi all this time!

And also Sasame and Tsumugi wasn't one person but somehow It also confirms that Sasame was really the girl that Akashi searches and always had been with when they were young.

And now the question is why Minashi and Tsumugi had the same ability which is telepathy? Are they relatives or what?
Anyway I'm looking forward to watch the next episode next week!
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 29, 2014 12:16 PM

May 2012
Rayzer said:
Se Heito was still alive and only 40% of his body had turned into necrometal, but I wish he will be on the ICU for a long time.

I guess the Corpse wasn't really an enemy because it doesn't had killed anyone in the past episodes.

Finally the name of the girl who on the shoulder of the Corpse was revealed, and it was really Tsumugi all this time!

And also Sasame and Tsumugi wasn't one person but somehow It also confirms that Sasame was really the girl that Akashi searches and always had been with when they were young.

And now the question is why Minashi and Tsumugi had the same ability which is telepathy? Are they relatives or what?
Anyway I'm looking forward to watch the next episode next week!

First thing, Sasame was not the one that Akashi searching for, it was Tsugumi. His memories was mess up - probably being erase or rewritten. That's why Tsugumi was piss when Akashi mistaken her for Sasame and also the fact that Sasame resembles Tsugumi a lot when they grow up.

Secondly, All of the COD had telepathy.
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”

Jul 29, 2014 8:56 PM

Apr 2014
nyancat2506 said:

First thing, Sasame was not the one that Akashi searching for, it was Tsugumi. His memories was mess up - probably being erase or rewritten. That's why Tsugumi was piss when Akashi mistaken her for Sasame and also the fact that Sasame resembles Tsugumi a lot when they grow up.

You are completely lost! It was clear that Sasame was the girl that was Akashi has been with... But actually both Tsugumi and Sasame was with Akashi.

But the girl that was Akashi wants/likes was the one/girl that he shared/lent his jacket when raining and It was Sasame.
It was very clear on the flashbacks that Sasame was the girl that Akashi likes... And as you see (I hope) when Akashi remembering her (Tsugumi) he said that she wasn't her (Sasame).

And It's even more clearer when Akashi's teammates arrives, He immediately goes outside (leaving Tsugumi behind) and remembers that Sasame was inside the "Gueules" MA-Vess then he agonize about what happened to Sasame.

But who knows? Maybe there will be a development between Akashi and Tsugumi since Sasame was currently/already as a LIM/Necrometal State.
nyancat2506 said:

Do you really know what "telepathy" is? But I guess you didn't so go here to know what was it.
But in this case/anime has "Synchronization of Thoughts" which is just limited only to one unique pair.
So it wasn't/can't called telepathy unless Minashi or Tsugumi can communicate to others through mind and it will be definitely a telepathy.
Jul 29, 2014 9:16 PM
Oct 2010
I just need to know two things.

First why did this fool break the bracelet and secondly why didn't this dude ask her about the corpse the moment he was able to speak?

Other than that it was pretty convenient how they were just happening to battle by where he was saying, but w/e that can be forgiven.
Jul 29, 2014 11:13 PM
Jan 2014
Blah I kept checking the time of how far into I am into the episode cause I didn't want it to end at all! I'm so curious bout tsugumi now and I think what Akashi and her have is really cute. Minashi is such a little fker haha. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY HAVE MANGA? CAUSE I CAN"T FIND IT.
Jul 29, 2014 11:26 PM
Feb 2014
I bet Akashi was in love with Tsugumi and she is the person he was searching for. Something happened to his memory maybe a tragic event and it was altered. All the flashbacks indicate that he tries to recall the girl he was with when he was a kid but always sees a blurred face or mistakes her for Sasame. Sasame had feelings for Akashi and was jealous, then she decided to make something bad happen along with Minashi. All the talk "about their sin" between Minashi and Sasame further point to something they did to trick Akashi or leave Tsugumi in the lightless realm or something. If you remember the flashback Sasame was remembering was actually Tsugumi singing the corpse song to Akashi. Sasame was just hidden nearby and heard it and copied it. Also, judging by the expression Tsugumi had on her face when she faced Minashi its 100% fact that there is some hatred between her and them.

Jul 29, 2014 11:38 PM

Oct 2010
skudoops said:

First why did this fool break the bracelet and secondly why didn't this dude ask her about the corpse the moment he was able to speak?

1. You just answered your own question. He's dumbass with low self-esteem and the mental capacity of jelly, so his sudden burst of emotion for Sasame caused him to act irrationally. He thought that Sasame was the one who protected him and by being with this girl (who should actually the true recipient of his feeling) he has betrayed his beloved Sasame. Confused dumbass is confused.

2. Despite being a dumbass, I guess anyone would avoid such an icky topic if you've got a beautiful girl scantily-clad in a ripped white dress suddenly hugging and kissing you. I can vouch for this.

Tsumugi is really something, to take Akashi's "Sasame!!! Sasame!!" crap for that long. I'm not sure any girl could react as well as she did when he's been ungratefully spitting on everything she's done for him. I wouldn't mind if the rest of the anime focused on Tsugumi and Akashi living together for eternity, although Tsugumi is too good for scumbag Akashi and his pussy ass.

The anime's picking up. I hope it maintains this level of engagement from here on out. Looks like next episode will answer some big questions like how Minashi remembers Tsugumi, and what caused Akashi to project his feelings for her onto Sasami.
HowTragicJul 29, 2014 11:43 PM
Jul 30, 2014 1:38 AM

Apr 2013
Well it finally got interesting this episode.
What are you looking here for
Jul 30, 2014 1:45 AM

Jul 2013
Oh, the anime is finally picking up.
More Tsugumi pls
Minashi..

Felt like a good episode.
Jul 30, 2014 4:21 AM

Aug 2013
I kept thinking "Tsugumi's too good for Akashi." Too good, too good.

Sasame must have done something horrible to Tsumugi if she refers to her name as something evil. I thought the group forgetting who Tsumugi is is just something like from a shock from being in the Lightless Realm but Minashi immediately identified her. Sasame knew about her too. Memory wipe seems like it.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 30, 2014 4:51 AM

Oct 2013
This is boring as shit. They should change this show's genres to attempted romance and attempted psychological.
Jul 30, 2014 6:16 AM

Jan 2011
Another Akashi breakdown only this time it was interesting.
Jul 30, 2014 6:34 AM

May 2012
Rayzer said:
nyancat2506 said:

You are completely lost! It was clear that Sasame was the girl that was Akashi has been with... But actually both Tsugumi and Sasame was with Akashi.

But the girl that was Akashi wants/likes was the one/girl that he shared/lent his jacket when raining and It was Sasame.
It was very clear on the flashbacks that Sasame was the girl that Akashi likes... And as you see (I hope) when Akashi remembering her (Tsugumi) he said that she wasn't her (Sasame).

And It's even more clearer when Akashi's teammates arrives, He immediately goes outside (leaving Tsugumi behind) and remembers that Sasame was inside the "Gueules" MA-Vess then he agonize about what happened to Sasame.

But who knows? Maybe there will be a development between Akashi and Tsugumi since Sasame was currently/already as a LIM/Necrometal State.
nyancat2506 said:

Do you really know what "telepathy" is? But I guess you didn't so go here to know what was it.
But in this case/anime has "Synchronization of Thoughts" which is just limited only to one unique pair.
So it wasn't/can't called telepathy unless Minashi or Tsugumi can communicate to others through mind and it will be definitely a telepathy.

oh god, In the first episode, and so on, Akashi said that he keep on dreaming this same girl - which is the person he been searching for all this while - thats why when he told Sasame about his dream, Sasame cried and told Akashi whether he sure if that was her. Like I said, Akashi memories and few of the COD memories are mess up, they dont really remember most of the thing during their childhood. Only Minashi and Sasame did - we nvr know why probably becos of the sin they did. If u recall back a few episodes back, When sasame sing the corpse song, Akashi was reminded someone used to sing it to him, someone important to him - again, who is Tsugumi, but Akashi mistaken Sasame for her because how they resembles each other. Tsugumi was always there, but somehow in the other COD members apart from Sasame and Minashi, Tsugumi is not present in their memories. If u look back when Maamu had a flashback about her past, Tsugumi was not present at all in her memories, but instead in her diary, she wrote ' 8 children will leave her' which means, Tsugumi was there, but they forgot about her.
Also when Akashi said Tsugumi isnt Sasame, is he got confused. Because he thought that Sasame was the corpse girl but shes not, then when he's with Tsugumi, he thought Tsugumi was clearly Sasame. Thats why when Gueles and Sable arrived, Akashi was confuse, and finally realized the fact that Sasame is not the corpse girl - neither is she the one that in his dream, or the one that he is searching for. Of course, everyone got hell confuse, especially for an ass like Akashi, forgetting Tsugumi, cant blame him, their memories probably being altered.

and also, Natsuiri already stated from the first episode, 'ALL THE COD HAVE TELEPATHY' . No one knows why they have the power but they do. Minashi seems to be using it at his own advantage, probably because his memories are still intact , and not to mention, Sasame also used. The same as when Emiru was calling for Akashi when Sable was first made. Of course, if Minashi want to talk to Tsugumi personally, he just had to focus to it to her. Like he did with Akashi when Emiru gone berserk. Although we were never told how the sync of thought actually work, but it is not limited for one pair. Even Natsuiri himself stated that he yet to figure out how that happen.

P/s also about the jacket, Sasame mention that, Akashi was nice to her. and everyone else. not sure, but it backs in episode 8-9 or meh cant remember when its about Sasame. In an episode in the Island, the flashback was where Minashi was with Sasame, it clearly shows at that time, Akashi was alone, probably met Emiru while searching for someone 'probably Tsugumi' , just before the corpse appear and Tsugumi was on top of it.
khonsutoraJul 30, 2014 6:50 AM

Jul 30, 2014 9:23 AM

Nov 2012
Tsugumi is the best thing that happened in this show since Emiru "died". Wait, she's even better. Decent ep, hope Akashi will get more serious and end up with Tsugumi (I don't mind Raika and Iwato, they're good and honest guys).
Jul 30, 2014 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Akashi finally remember who Tsugumi is. We almost see the kiss between Akashi and Tsugumi.
Jul 30, 2014 11:04 AM
Feb 2013
Whoa, Sasame and Minashi wanted to protect Akashi?

WTF is this turning into and half romance and half yaoi kind of thing?
Jul 30, 2014 2:51 PM

Mar 2014
nyancat2506 said:
First thing, Sasame was not the one that Akashi searching for, it was Tsugumi.

I agree this. I watched some previous episodes again, and imo, Tsugumi is the girl who was searching by Akashi.
The first time of the Corpse-Song we heard in ep. 1 by Corpse-Girl/Tsugumi, the second time in ep. 2 by Sasame. I would say that Sasame just imitate Tsugumi in front part of haircut, "the song" and "feelings" to Akashi - and only to protect him. And Minashi is a accomplice.

The real question is now for me why Minashi and Sasame are protecting Akashi? Something i missed.

Edit:
Shaniyaz said:
I wonder how Tsugumi came to look exactly like Sasame though.

In ep. 11, there is one flashback of Sasame when Minashi's head touched on Sasame's head. We see old people, sitting in front of old temple - and Tsugumi & Sasame as children. I would say, they are siblings.

Some Edits about Akashi, Tsugumi and their relations.

EDIT#1
In the end of ep.2 , Akashi went into his machine first time and saw Tsugumi at first.

EDIT#2
In ep. 4, Akashi got a flashback on island and saw "white ghost formed as girl and girl cried 'Dont let me back'."

EDIT#3
In ep. 7, Akashi talks about his dream to Sasame and that he searched someone - in this moment it was Sasame he said, but Sasame asked him "Really?".. We see often Tsugumi as child in his dreams.

EDIT#4
In ep. 10, Akashi is fighting against his own Memento. Suddenly he saw in his memory Sasame as Corpse-Girl then Tsugumi - both said "come back".
funnyRunnyJul 30, 2014 4:25 PM
Jul 30, 2014 5:57 PM

Feb 2014
Things just got really interesting.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Jul 30, 2014 10:13 PM

Oct 2008
neCROWmetal annihilation

Jul 30, 2014 11:29 PM

Jun 2009
matias067 said:
neCROWmetal annihilation

...I'll acknowledge that...you get a cookie.
Jul 30, 2014 11:37 PM

Jun 2009
Not a fan of Tsugumi...she reminds me of a snake and gives me the creeps which is odd because snakes in general do not give me the creeps. I feel like she could go yandere at any moment (telling Akashi to apologize to the corpse...'sup w/that?) if she does, I'll feel validated for not liking her so much.

She and Minashi can go kick rocks. I hate his ambiguousness and his shady ways. i mean if you're going to be evil, go all out like that wicked scientist. If he chokes on a lollipop and dies...no complaints.

The flagship Iwa-Raika has long set sail. They're my faves, guess I like normies.
Jul 31, 2014 12:28 AM

Sep 2013
Awesome episode! double twist in one episode. And Minashi is full of secrets!

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Jul 31, 2014 1:08 AM

Aug 2013
I only managed to extract of this episode that Akashi is a terrible protagonist, he is really too bad, and that the mysterious girl called Tsugumi, but I want to see where this story will still give
would not surprise me to have a crazy ending to 'plagiarize' Evangelion
Jul 31, 2014 3:36 AM

Apr 2014
nyancat2506 said:

Man the story was so easy to follow (for me) but most of you had lost on understanding the story... As you guys can see on the current episode Akashi now remembers the memories of his childhood and as far as I know his memories wasn't messed up this time.

In this current episode there are two flashbacks that Akashi was looking/searching for someone and both of it was because there's a girl calling his name.

The first one when Akashi was searching for people because he is alone then Sasame hears and sees him, so Sasame (near a tree) calls Akashi and then when Akashi hears it, he immediately goes to Sasame and he is happy.

The second one was, there's a girl (In a playground) calling his name and Akashi hears it and he looks like happy (At first) then follows the voice. But when Akashi find the girl who calls his name and he sees it and she was Tsugumi, but his face was neutral as if he (Akashi) was looking/expecting for someone else who called his name .

And about Tsugumi being pissed off with Akashi, It's because she wasn't the girl that Akashi recalls from his memories as a child and of course she would be pissed of when Akash wasi thinking and calling her as Sasame.

Akashi says that he was always looking/searching hard for a girl every time he is alone and he also hinted that the girl who he was always searching for is a girl who he shared/lent his jacket when raining, Then guess who she was or I'll just say It's Sasame?
So It's pointless to say that Akashi was thinking Sasame as Tsugumi or Tsugumi as Sasame when both Sasame and Tsugumi was on both in his sides back in the day inside the "Lightless Realm" when they are all young.

In the current timeline (Past Episodes) we know Akashi and almost All Other Members of C.O.D. can't remember anything about the memories of their past inside the "Lightless Realm" and it's about their childhood being altogether.
But as the episodes goes by the memories about their childhood unravels/unfolds... Like Sasame and Maamu's case in the past episodes, And as of now/currently with Akashi remembers Tsugumi wasn't Sasame.

Also there's an explanation for Akashi's eyes turning blurred and then being clear.

It turns blurred when Akashi was thinking/replacing Sasame with Tsugumi as if he was escaping from the reality that Sasame turned into LIM. And It's some sort of a defense mechanism I just forgot the term based in Psychology.

It turns clear when he's not looking at Tsugumi (who he thinks as Sasame) and when he's focusing his attention to something else like when he is fighting the crows...

And lastly his eyes turns even more clearer when he finally remembers/accepts the fact that Sasame turned into "LIM" and thus he didn't achieve his promise that he will protect Sasame and find and defeat the Corpse so that Sasame will be normal again. But since he broke/dind't achieve his promise he agonize about It.

Just a Tip:
I suggest that you guys should rewatch the entire series and as much as possible without hating Sasame's charatcer to fully understand the story.

Don't just read the subtitles and watch main/key scenes only (for those who can't understand Japanese) but also try to look on the facial expressions of the characters because It's handy in times like this.

And a side note Sasame and Tsugumi's Voice Actress was just one/the same (I think) after all.

My Conclution:
The reason why the "Children of Destiny" forgot/can't remember their past altogether when they are young/as children was because they are in "Lightless Realm".
And Maybe because all of they had done/do,experience and memories inside the "Lightless Realm" are supposed to be left there and cannot be remembered outside the "Lightless Realm".
But there's also an Exemption for Both Minashi and Tsugumi maybe because both of them has special abilities like Telepathy (Could be as strong as Mr. Xavier of X-Men?)... Also Sasame got fragments of memories because Minashi shares some memories (through Telepathy) about their childhood.

And about All of the C.O.D. having "Telepathy", Do you even see it? As far as I know, I only saw only Minashi and Tsugumi (currently) possess that kind of ability which is talking directly to the mind of someone/somebody... So don't say that all of COD have it, unless you had seen/watch it through your own eyes ("To see is to Believe")

My Rant:
RayzerJul 31, 2014 6:57 AM
Jul 31, 2014 3:38 AM
Jan 2012
There would be no reason for Sasame to think that Akashi was searching for Tsugumi actually if he weren't mistaking one for the other.

Tsugumi appeared first in ep 1 and then Sasame in ep 2 who looked similar to the corpse girl that Akashi had seen in ep 1.

We know in ep 4, one person was left behind and Akashi at that time did not want to leave anyone else behind. Meaning it is important to Akashi's past event that Tsugumi was left behind and he feel guilty about it. Maybe because of Minashi and Sasame or for some other reason.

So if people think Akashi is indeed mistaking one for the other then it not such a surprising thing. Even the new OP is called replica. One is either the copy of the other or they are twins.
Jul 31, 2014 3:45 AM

Jun 2014
Finally this gem is starting to shine. I don't understand how everyone's saying Akashi's memories are getting rewritten? Isn't he just confusing Sasame and Tsugumi in the flashbacks and Sasame is the one who likes Akashi and got jealous of Tsugumi + Akashi's relationship hence singing the Corpse song to confuse Akashi even more. Not sure why they look very similar though.

Tsugumi calling Sasame an evil name is a very interesting statement, Akashi is as pathetic as ever who hates being protected by others to the point where he'd do anything to die..

The thing about this anime is that the antagonsit is still blurry, we don't know who it is: The Corpse? Minashi? Scientist? Heito? Tsugumi?

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 31, 2014 6:16 AM

Apr 2014
junpants said:

The thing about this anime is that the antagonsit is still blurry, we don't know who it is: The Corpse? Minashi? Scientist? Heito? Tsugumi?

As for now the clear enemy was those turned as Admonition and the "Lightless Realm".
Jul 31, 2014 9:19 AM

Dec 2013
I can see someone here has a thing for Sasame real bad, eh?

Honestly, there is such a thing as memory loss, repressed memories and all of that. Just because the flashbacks showed Akashi being happy to see Sasame means absolutely nothing. Why? because just as Tsugume apparently "appeared" in Akashi's memories as a white ghostly figure, he could have just as easily remembered wrongly about which girl was where in his memories. No one's memories are perfect after all, and even you cannot claim to have a completely photographic memory recollection (I'm pretty damn sure Akashi doesn't have it). Plus, he's been stuck in the Lightless Realm without the protection of his Ma-Ves for way too long, not to say his memories have been altered, but he sure as heck isn't himself mentally. The fact that he selectively forgot Tsugumi in his memories indicates something is up, especially when Sasami and Minashi both seem to have memories of Tsugumi.

My two cents is that Akashi and Tsugumi were really great childhood buddies (I won't go so far as to say they were in love, they were like 5 years old for god sake), and a certain pair of SOMEONES were jealous of their bond. In the end their "Sin" led to everyone in their happy little team being saved bar Tsugumi. Akashi probably HAS been searching for her all his life.

Consider this, when they first met, even Sasame was suspicious of his comment about "looking for her". The Corpse song most definitely did not belong to Sasame, and yet that song was the one that Akashi distinctly remembers which triggers his repressed memories in the beginning of the show.

Regardless of whether this or that girl is in love with or has feelings for Akashi (admittedly, they all do, including his brother's bitch), Akashi has been searching for a certain person all his life, and I believe that to be Tsugumi and not Sasame.

That said, I believe that this episode finally showed Minashi's true colors. I think this dude had a big hand in sealing Tsugumi in the Lighless Realm (probably for his own selfish interests). Did you see that evil smirk on his face? I hope Akashi gets pissed off at the dude and wipes the floor with him. That would mess up both his and the mad scientists plans all at once.

There are some animes out there that completely flip the scrip on the definitions of Good and Evil midway through the show. It seems to me that this is one of them, and this is the point where they flip the script.
I can't wait to see what happens in the next episode now. This crappy show finally got real.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 31, 2014 10:21 AM

Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

[spoiler]
I can see someone here has a thing for Sasame real bad, eh?

Honestly, there is such a thing as memory loss, repressed memories and all of that. Just because the flashbacks showed Akashi being happy to see Sasame means absolutely nothing. Why? because just as Tsugume apparently "appeared" in Akashi's memories as a white ghostly figure, he could have just as easily remembered wrongly about which girl was where in his memories. No one's memories are perfect after all, and even you cannot claim to have a completely photographic memory recollection (I'm pretty damn sure Akashi doesn't have it). Plus, he's been stuck in the Lightless Realm without the protection of his Ma-Ves for way too long, not to say his memories have been altered, but he sure as heck isn't himself mentally. The fact that he selectively forgot Tsugumi in his memories indicates something is up, especially when Sasami and Minashi both seem to have memories of Tsugumi.

My two cents is that Akashi and Tsugumi were really great childhood buddies (I won't go so far as to say they were in love, they were like 5 years old for god sake), and a certain pair of SOMEONES were jealous of their bond. In the end their "Sin" led to everyone in their happy little team being saved bar Tsugumi. Akashi probably HAS been searching for her all his life.

Consider this, when they first met, even Sasame was suspicious of his comment about "looking for her". The Corpse song most definitely did not belong to Sasame, and yet that song was the one that Akashi distinctly remembers which triggers his repressed memories in the beginning of the show.

Regardless of whether this or that girl is in love with or has feelings for Akashi (admittedly, they all do, including his brother's bitch), Akashi has been searching for a certain person all his life, and I believe that to be Tsugumi and not Sasame.

That said, I believe that this episode finally showed Minashi's true colors. I think this dude had a big hand in sealing Tsugumi in the Lighless Realm (probably for his own selfish interests). Did you see that evil smirk on his face? I hope Akashi gets pissed off at the dude and wipes the floor with him. That would mess up both his and the mad scientists plans all at once.

There are some animes out there that completely flip the scrip on the definitions of Good and Evil midway through the show. It seems to me that this is one of them, and this is the point where they flip the script.
I can't wait to see what happens in the next episode now. This crappy show finally got real.

[/spoiler]
I just watch this Anime without liking or hating the characters... I was just telling some facts so that somebody will learn the real story with this Anime.
And I just focus on the mystery of Lightless Realm and with the Children of Destiny also setting aside the "Romance" theme for this Anime.
If you don't believe what I had said, so just be it. "I already shed some light but most of you casts the darkness again."
Jul 31, 2014 10:54 AM

Mar 2012
I'm feeling like this is getting more boring every episode...
Nice Sasame fanservice, now we know that she's pretty hot, nice nice. Also Akashi having perverted dreams with Sasame, great... -.-

5/10 episode.
Jul 31, 2014 11:12 AM

May 2012
Rayzer said:
nyancat2506 said:

Man the story was so easy to follow (for me) but most of you had lost on understanding the story... As you guys can see on the current episode Akashi now remembers the memories of his childhood and as far as I know his memories wasn't messed up this time.

In this current episode there are two flashbacks that Akashi was looking/searching for someone and both of it was because there's a girl calling his name.

The first one when Akashi was searching for people because he is alone then Sasame hears and sees him, so Sasame (near a tree) calls Akashi and then when Akashi hears it, he immediately goes to Sasame and he is happy.

The second one was, there's a girl (In a playground) calling his name and Akashi hears it and he looks like happy (At first) then follows the voice. But when Akashi find the girl who calls his name and he sees it and she was Tsugumi, but his face was neutral as if he (Akashi) was looking/expecting for someone else who called his name .

And about Tsugumi being pissed off with Akashi, It's because she wasn't the girl that Akashi recalls from his memories as a child and of course she would be pissed of when Akash wasi thinking and calling her as Sasame.

Akashi says that he was always looking/searching hard for a girl every time he is alone and he also hinted that the girl who he was always searching for is a girl who he shared/lent his jacket when raining, Then guess who she was or I'll just say It's Sasame?
So It's pointless to say that Akashi was thinking Sasame as Tsugumi or Tsugumi as Sasame when both Sasame and Tsugumi was on both in his sides back in the day inside the "Lightless Realm" when they are all young.

In the current timeline (Past Episodes) we know Akashi and almost All Other Members of C.O.D. can't remember anything about the memories of their past inside the "Lightless Realm" and it's about their childhood being altogether.
But as the episodes goes by the memories about their childhood unravels/unfolds... Like Sasame and Maamu's case in the past episodes, And as of now/currently with Akashi remembers Tsugumi wasn't Sasame.

Also there's an explanation for Akashi's eyes turning blurred and then being clear.

It turns blurred when Akashi was thinking/replacing Sasame with Tsugumi as if he was escaping from the reality that Sasame turned into LIM. And It's some sort of a defense mechanism I just forgot the term based in Psychology.

It turns clear when he's not looking at Tsugumi (who he thinks as Sasame) and when he's focusing his attention to something else like when he is fighting the crows...

And lastly his eyes turns even more clearer when he finally remembers/accepts the fact that Sasame turned into "LIM" and thus he didn't achieve his promise that he will protect Sasame and find and defeat the Corpse so that Sasame will be normal again. But since he broke/dind't achieve his promise he agonize about It.

Just a Tip:
I suggest that you guys should rewatch the entire series and as much as possible without hating Sasame's charatcer to fully understand the story.

Don't just read the subtitles and watch main/key scenes only (for those who can't understand Japanese) but also try to look on the facial expressions of the characters because It's handy in times like this.

And a side note Sasame and Tsugumi's Voice Actress was just one/the same (I think) after all.

My Conclution:
The reason why the "Children of Destiny" forgot/can't remember their past altogether when they are young/as children was because they are in "Lightless Realm".
And Maybe because all of they had done/do,experience and memories inside the "Lightless Realm" are supposed to be left there and cannot be remembered outside the "Lightless Realm".
But there's also an Exemption for Both Minashi and Tsugumi maybe because both of them has special abilities like Telepathy (Could be as strong as Mr. Xavier of X-Men?)... Also Sasame got fragments of memories because Minashi shares some memories (through Telepathy) about their childhood.

And about All of the C.O.D. having "Telepathy", Do you even see it? As far as I know, I only saw only Minashi and Tsugumi (currently) possess that kind of ability which is talking directly to the mind of someone/somebody... So don't say that all of COD have it, unless you had seen/watch it through your own eyes ("To see is to Believe")

My Rant:

u know what dude, have it your own way if thats how u view this anime. I am not offending some people views or try to force my way on things, but hey, the thing is, everything is still vague, especially about Tsugumi. We might probably know it next episode, i hope.

Jul 31, 2014 7:24 PM

Jul 2014
Rayzer said:

I share this view :)
Aug 1, 2014 6:15 AM

Mar 2014
Rayzer said:

I thought so, too. But I have to add to above:
Akashi's eyes turning blurred was caused also by the influence of the Lightless Realm. A few times it was mentioned that you would lose yourself in the Lightless Realm. This phenomenon made Akashi lose his mind at that time. I confirmed it by the sub-director talking.

P.S. The sub-director said that Koko of "the tree of Koko" means nine (kokonotsu).
Aug 1, 2014 9:37 PM

Aug 2013
This was actually an interesting episode. It was pretty slow because once again Akashi only had Sasame on the brain, but the second half was much better.

Akashi must just be fucking dumb because Sasame and Tsugumi really don't look that much alike, plus the voices aren't even close. C'mon Akashi, Tsugumi's body is wayyyyyyyy nicer.

Tsugumi was cute being all Tsun when Akashi kept saying the wrong name,

From what it kept showing from his memories, it seems like they were in a love triangle. I don't think Akashi had his memories "altered" per say. I think that he was definitely interested in Sasame, but then Tsugumi showed up. Then from the flashbacks clearly Tsugumi and Akashi had their own private interactions that didn't involve Sasame. Perhaps as things were progressing, Sasame got mad jealous, and the sequence of events happens that lead to Sasame and Minashi committing their "sin". Then when Tsugumi was left behind, the two of them kind of brainwashed Akashi into forgetting about her.

I REALLY hope that Tsugumi doesn't turn out to be the villain. From this episode it was looking more and more like Tsugumi genuinely liked Akashi and Sasame was in it out of jealousy. And clearly Tsugumi was fucking PISSED when Minashi showed up. I really don't like Minashi so if him and the Guelle became an enemy and Akashi worked with Tsugumi and maybe the others I'd be so happy.

Heito can you please die already? You're at 40% necrometal. Please be gone again.
Aug 1, 2014 10:07 PM
Aug 2, 2014 3:01 AM

Jul 2014
Wow it seems on the next episode there will be heartwarming moment between Raika and Iwato X3 can't wait. Although I have zero understanding of Japanese, hahaha.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Aug 2, 2014 8:02 AM
Aug 2014

Thats death flag for tsugumi i think
Aug 2, 2014 7:59 PM

Feb 2013
Tsugumi refers to "Sasame" as an "evil" name. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until that is revealed.

Good episode.

Seriously though, the new OP/ED is too happy.
Aug 2, 2014 11:59 PM

Apr 2014

Maybe this explains the "sin" of Minashi and Sasame and I bet that it has something to do with the "Corpse's" composition (made from) and maybe Tsugumi was also involve with that "sin"... And not leaving Tsugumi (left to die,because I guess she was still alive) behind because it was clear in the past episodes that she can get out of the "Lighthless realm with the Corpse. And maybe Tsugumi was been mad with Minashi and Sasame because she was left alone taking responsibility to the "Corpse" (product/result of their "sin")

Well I actually was thinking of this theory before (few episodes after Minahsi said about it) but this spoiler made some proof of my theory.
And I didn't read that article because It can possibly ruin my viewing of the anime for the next episode, But I had seen the pictures though... But damn It! It has still ruined my viewing of this Anime and why I did I go/check there/it?!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2014

76 by Erdgeist »»
Mar 21, 8:23 PM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2014

45 by Phobossus »»
Mar 17, 7:41 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

27 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

25 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2014

25 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.