Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 5, 2020 8:21 AM

Feb 2020
BeeBeeKay said:
domokun1134 said:
WTF just happened?
maiawatchesanime said:
uhhhhhh what the fuck?
Bheaze said:
what the shit is this zepplin and possible alternate world business
All of the above. You have an incredible world and story created and then think it would be a nice twist to throw WW1 and Nazi's attacking on zeppelins in the mix? This might very well just ruin the series for me. Let's see if the last episodes can fix it.

exactly. if it had been hinted at before, i think it would have been such an interesting direction to take the show but instead they brought it up in the last few episodes so nothing made sense at the end. it felt like a waste of a really promising idea and like a non-ending
Oct 28, 2020 2:29 PM

Jul 2017
Fantastic cinematography used in this episode when Ed was conversing with Dante. The topic and themes of alchemy and equivalent exchange were interesting, but I still find Dante to not be a compelling villain/character whatsoever. The twist with Ed 'transported to the other side' still doesn't click with me and feels really messy and rushed, but at least the Beethoven music was a lovely touch.
Mar 24, 2021 9:51 PM

Aug 2014
I disagree with everyone here. This alternate world really adds a buzz to the anime to that door with eyes. I like it.
Jun 12, 2021 3:21 PM

Jan 2020
Lol. What an insane cliffhanger..

That world before his eyes is so bizarre to him and it's wild to see. I wonder how he'll get out of this situation

I also really love dante and that whole convo was quite engaging and visuals were nice

Oct 12, 2022 1:18 PM

Dec 2016
This twist was unfortunately among the things about this show spoiled for me. I'm curious to see how this all ends.
Oct 26, 2022 6:37 AM

May 2018
Ah yes, just what we needed - WW1
Nov 4, 2022 11:22 AM
Aug 2022
2022 rewatch
oh, right.. hoheinheim got transferred into an alternate world because for some a reason a baby's cry and a transmutation circle can get people to live in an alternate world..? that's really confusing not gonna lie. and damn, did they really get rid of ed's braid in his alternate self? that's lame as hell.
another problem i have is how exactly did ed know that you can have your soul enter a different body? and how did he know that dante's rotting body was because she has been transferring to bodies for centuries? i don't recall that he learned it was all possible before.
also what's wrong with rose? why is she almost.. non-sentient looking? what happened to her? yeah i have some issues with this episode to say the least.
but i really liked that scene with sheshka and winry, as well as the scene with al and envy.
Apr 11, 3:41 PM

Jun 2015
Did Edward really just ignore what Dante said about fucking him in Rose's body?

We just became an isekai out of nowhere...
Read Toriko!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Dub or Sub?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 28

20 by SalvatorePiazza »»
Yesterday, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 20, 2008

67 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 13, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ItsMeAndrea - Dec 21, 2008

170 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 12, 2009

56 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 48 Discussion

suki78787 - Jul 13, 2009

44 by phantom346 »»
Apr 11, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.