Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fullmetal Alchemist Episode 48 Discussion

Jul 13, 2009 12:13 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
where's ed off to, and where are mustang and hawkeye headed?? i'm confused TT-TT

and i hate those dumb elric imposters. why are they being brought back now, and at the end too? GRR.
I want your soul... so please, click.

Jul 18, 2009 6:51 PM

mustang was going to king bradley's estate before he met up with ed, and ed is probly going to see the homunculus' master. idr we'll see.

the tringum brothers got arrested for impersonating the elrics. serves them right for once.

Jul 22, 2009 10:43 AM

Roy Mustang RULZ *_*!!! sending havoc in his place, that was so cool!

May 23, 2011 4:51 PM

Yeah, I dislike this impostors and they show up just at the end, wtf? Mustang made a great move, but we know nothing about King Bradley for now, nor if Mustang is able to beat him. I hope that Sensei did beat Archer, he's worse than ever now.

May 26, 2011 8:56 PM

Meritas said:
I hope that Sensei did beat Archer, he's worse than ever now.

i know, he was about to fire his LAZOR BLLLLLAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!
now on to the upcoming battles.

Sep 8, 2012 4:46 AM

Mostly a filler story to strengthen the global ending! Decent episode still :)

Oct 8, 2012 8:59 AM

lol at Archer with that terminator like appearance :P

hope Izumi beat the hell out of him

lol Roy and Riza switch places with Havoc and Kain.

i see Riza is still jealous about that nurse with Roy :P

tringum brothers up to no good as always.

i wonder what was written on the letter??

a secret passage or something??

i think Roy Mustang will confront the Presdent himself, while Ed will go to the secret passage and find Homunculus there.

only 3 episodes left T___T
Modified by SomaHeir, Oct 8, 2012 9:18 AM

Oct 29, 2012 2:28 PM

Great episode as always, but cmon - Archer Robot was a little over the top dont ya think? At least make him steam powered or something xD

Aug 19, 2013 10:49 PM

This episode was pretty serene-- the calm before the storm. Let's wait for things to get riled up

Oct 25, 2013 4:03 PM

"Nicely done, sweetheart. Clean up after yourselves and take care of each other."

I might be the only one, but I was straight up sobbing for 2 or 3 hours after this when I first watched it. At no other point was I more convinced that Sloth truly was their mother - an incomplete transmutation, not a failed one. AND THEY KILLED HER!

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Dec 2, 2013 1:47 PM
chthonianghost said:
"Nicely done, sweetheart. Clean up after yourselves and take care of each other."

I might be the only one, but I was straight up sobbing for 2 or 3 hours after this when I first watched it. At no other point was I more convinced that Sloth truly was their mother - an incomplete transmutation, not a failed one. AND THEY KILLED HER!

I totally agree, that was definitely one of the saddest moments in anime I have ever seen! Was just sooooo sad, I can still remember the piano tune playing during the scene. The original is full of these moments of course.

Jan 31, 2014 3:36 PM

i just knew it had to be Envy there is no way Winry would be there she has no reason to be there.

**** every time lovely characters are dying and hateful characters come back again now archer is back again or what ever is left of him.

tucker somehow got what he deserved he got the soulless Nina doll and he will have to deal with reality now that's a hard punishment to but still after everything he did he deserved to be death to but o well.

there is so much happening in this last few episodes that it feel like i am watching a entire anime in just a few episodes.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."

May 30, 2014 5:37 AM

terminator archer DESTROY
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Aug 7, 2014 5:32 AM

I like the fake Elric's tbh. They got arrested over a book though lol.

Roy's plan was ingenious and Roy in a suit <3

Archer was like some freaky X-Men character lol.

Sep 22, 2014 8:13 PM

Archer has never looked better.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Sep 30, 2014 1:33 AM

Ed can't bring himself to cry. Which was what I felt. Perhaps it's because finally they settled with the sin they made...

I don't get one thing, if Roy and Riza are going to the Fuhrer's place, why did they split up with Ed? Is it because of the talk they had in the car, that Ed changed his objective? Or because he feels that Roy will be the one tackling Bradley?

I also remember now, why this anime sits at a truly special place in my heart:
"There's always something more important than ourselves... or our dreams..."

Man, the ending is near.

Dec 28, 2014 7:07 AM
rpool179 said:
chthonianghost said:

I totally agree, that was definitely one of the saddest moments in anime I have ever seen! Was just sooooo sad, I can still remember the piano tune playing during the scene. The original is full of these moments of course.

Even if she is not a human, she has a life, and they are the ones who gave her......Was killing her really the right thing to do?? I don't know, but killing her felt wrong.

Feb 15, 2015 4:03 AM

Really now the two impostors AND their sensei suddenly appear in the same episode? And also cyborg Archer wtf O_O

Feb 17, 2015 2:06 AM

Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

Mar 16, 2015 3:22 AM

So Riza is jealous of the nurse. Hum. I will ship Riza x Mustang.

Gator said:
Really now the two impostors AND their sensei suddenly appear in the same episode? And also cyborg Archer wtf O_O

Well, I expected some kind of cyborg archer back when they showed he was still alive (which made no sense since he was disintegrated when the stone was created). But I didn't expect the imposter brothers to reappear. They didn't even have a purpose in this episode. o.O

Jul 13, 2015 5:55 PM

I really wish Mustang and Ed became better friends. I guess that's why I loved the ending handshake so much. Hughes was a great mutual friend, so I feel like they could have been closer

Jul 14, 2015 3:53 PM

Ed is so deep T^T <3
It feels so weird talking about Ed, since that's my dads name...

Mustang is so amazing <3
He really planned everything out perfectly.
And jealous Riza was funny

I'm glad Ed knew right away that it wasn't Winry

Lol the Tringum brothers are back. The little one is so cute. ^,^

Why did Archer have to come back? L_L Ugh that guy...And now he's a cyborg? Nice touch, but still. I hope Izumi is okay. We've lost so many great characters, I don't want anything to happen to Izumi too =(

Aug 3, 2015 5:41 PM

This episode feels sort of like the calm before the storm. Lots of things happening, and yet nothing really exciting.

I'm guessing that location the Tringam brothers gave Ed is where Dante is? And I'm hoping to see an awesome fight between Mustang and the Fuhrer! We haven't seen Mustang fight near enough!

★ 3/5

Nov 28, 2015 6:40 AM

Episode a little less interesting than usual, narrative is always melancholy and quite dramatic, so stay quite addictive, because it looks like Mustang and Ed have matured mentally a little. The next episode seems more interesting than this, I run now to see it. What a surprise revisit Archer back on the field.

Nov 28, 2015 1:40 PM

Edward has really developed as a more matured character isn't he ? Very good episode. Roy looks so damn cool with that coat.

Feb 20, 2016 3:22 PM
The life lessons conveyed in Edward's speech in the car with Mustang and Hawkeye were brilliantly implemented into the story. That scene was a masterpiece.

Mar 4, 2016 11:12 AM

fourfinger5s said:
The life lessons conveyed in Edward's speech in the car with Mustang and Hawkeye were brilliantly implemented into the story. That scene was a masterpiece.

One of my favorite scenes. The dialogue is just amazing.

Mar 6, 2016 2:14 AM

Terminator Archer was really wtf

I didn't think we would ever see those two brothers ever again.

Mar 25, 2016 8:27 PM

zacrathedemon5 said:
fourfinger5s said:

One of my favorite scenes. The dialogue is just amazing.

Agree with both of the above, I thought it was brilliant. Gotta find the music that plays during that segment. It's played during some of Scar's best moments too.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Feb 12, 2017 1:24 PM

WTF is up with Archer lol. Hopefully the crew manage to kill the Fuhrer and Mustang will become the new Fuhrer.

May 30, 2017 11:18 AM

Lmao, Archer looked absolutely ridiculous.

Jul 3, 2017 2:29 PM

I laughed so hard when Russell got arrested for pretending to be Ed while trying to buy books lmaoooo If I were ever to be arrested, that would probably be the reason tbh. I really like Fletcher, he's really cute. I wasn't expecting those brothers to show up ever again.

I love how Sensei and Ed were bickering while doing all that dangerous alchemy stuff because the Fuhrer wasn't actually there! Classic.

Apr 28, 2018 1:28 AM

I'm gonna be so pissed if Ed and Al don't get their bodies back at the end of this series.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 6, 4:27 PM

I really like that Mustang mentioned thinking on such a big scale can drive you crazy... and that as an individual, you have to focus on what is front of you.

I think this especially true in very complicated situations. It's easy to fall into depression and give into your fears thinking of all the bad things out of your control.

Even, as Ed said, you had pure intentions that created hurt in the end, it matters that you become aware of it and work to change what you can. But Mustang was there to remind him you can only do so much. After all, being a human means realizing your limitations and still adapting to the situation.

Jun 22, 6:23 AM

This episode was really good. The speech between Ed and Mustang was really sad and well written.
I like how the Anime community acts like a bunch of Commie hippies, "We the Anime community!"

It's just a bunch of different circlejerks who all hate each other and their own kind.