Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 10, 2009 3:26 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This series is going to the point where it's really bad, but still it's enjoyable. Anyway I liked the first episode more.
Jul 10, 2009 3:30 PM

Jun 2008
I like eve's drill outfit, too bad its just a transformation :/
Jul 10, 2009 3:47 PM

Aug 2008
Wasn't nearly as good. The ep got dragged, the jokes were not funny and I hoped we'd learn something about Eve as a character (more than what type of juice she drinks). I need energy and badassness!

Edit: message for myself from 3 months in the future: stfu n00b
KvakondOct 16, 2009 5:39 AM
Jul 10, 2009 3:48 PM
Dec 2007
Ecchi + parody + epicness = I like this anime. For now. It makes me think of Black Cat with GAINAX animation (GAINAX bonce + explosions) and a setting close to that of Trigun or Avenger. A great brainless entertainment for the moment. I'll probably get tired of it in some weeks, unless there's a more serious side later on in the anime though.

Oh and we got to see Ami Kawashima with a miniskirt and a drill in this episode, isn't that quite awesome? ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 10, 2009 3:49 PM

Apr 2009
There was a little to much talking for my liking, but I was OK 4/5
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jul 10, 2009 4:09 PM

Mar 2008
Very very average. Worse than the first one.
The fight was pretty lame and boring.

The only funny thing was the stuff with the wrong drink in the beginning.
Jul 10, 2009 4:15 PM

Aug 2007
Oh well seems I am the only who love this series so far but I found the two episode pretty enjoyable xD

What I don't get is why many peoples are complaining about an average story in series like Needless (I have to admid that the story isn't innovative until now) but never complain about things like K-ON which doesn't had anything which one could consider as a story or something like that...
Jul 10, 2009 5:11 PM

Feb 2009
Scantily clad ladies (getting even more under dressed), mindless fanservice, heavy metal, boobs, action scenes on steroids, what more can a guy ask for?

Oh and they're not even hiding the Gurren Lagann references:

The bulk of the episode:

Jul 10, 2009 6:48 PM

Aug 2008
Alexstratz said:
The bulk of the episode:

Oh I forgot about that, that was funny xD
Jul 10, 2009 6:55 PM

Sep 2008
ED is fun to watch. Need to go get me some 5k calorie drinks.
Jul 10, 2009 7:53 PM

Feb 2008
hmmm the episode felt a bit regressed. the useless amazement and needless despair was kinda stupid.

omg we gonna die...no wait we wont...omg we gonna die....no wait we wont...
Jul 10, 2009 8:13 PM

Jul 2009
Having Cruz go emo is a bit disappointing but hey! We get to see eve covered in umm dore doro drink!!

ED is just fun to watch!

Make me a Siggy?
Jul 10, 2009 9:08 PM

Jun 2008
At least we learned early that this anime isn't one to take itself seriously.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 10, 2009 11:58 PM

Feb 2008
Not as good as the first episode, but I still enjoyed this one.
The lack of GAR was a bit disturbing (for a show like this), but the bukake part made up for it =P
Jul 11, 2009 2:46 AM

Sep 2008
pretty nice episode imo, the magician was lame after discovering his secret and also i think it was very easy to defeat one of the top 4 u_uU
i keep geting the feeling that the ending is the opening for an other anime, one that would be very good n_n
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 11, 2009 3:10 AM
Nov 2008
I enjoyed this episode. I like anime like this.

Loving the drill outfit... It's got TTGL all over it, though. XD

I can't believe they've taken out one of the main four villains already, unless they do something TTGL-esque a la the four generals of the Spiral King, which I get the feeling they might...

*still loves the ED*
Jul 11, 2009 3:47 AM

May 2008
At least now we know that our cast are stupid as fucks.
Jul 11, 2009 3:57 AM

Jul 2009
I agree with this episode being short of comedy and the epicness? from the first episode.
However, there are more eps to come so I am banking on this anime to get back to Blade.
Also someone here pointed out that the anime lacks scenes that allow us to look deeply into a character and the character's history, and I fully agree~ The producers could have delved into Eve a bit during the episode. I reckon close looks at the characters is what's gonna turn this anime from being below average to a realy good action anime.
Also, did you guys notice that one of the four super strong bad guys has been already killed as far as we are concerned in two episodes? Imagine how quickly the anime will end if Blade went around and started killing these guys off~

Jul 11, 2009 3:59 AM

Jul 2009
Oh yeah!
Did anyone find out why there are so many elements of TTGL in this anime??
Cos I don't think the same company made this anime...

Jul 11, 2009 4:22 AM

Jun 2008
Where did the epic go?

It was still an OK episode towards the end. Who knew Eve could do the Giga Drill Breaker.
Jul 11, 2009 5:16 AM

May 2008
that was stupid , how did she even noe what material the wall was made of? and why didnt he just made himself transparent shesh

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 11, 2009 6:24 AM

Feb 2009
greenmush said:
and why didnt he just made himself transparent shesh

I guess the producers were lazy and didn't want to find a way to introduce thermal vision goggles. :D
Jul 11, 2009 6:47 AM

Apr 2009
Mindless, but still really fun to watch.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Jul 11, 2009 8:57 AM
May 2008
I can't believe that people actually dislike this show for its stupidity... since the show isn't very good to begin with bu the over the top aspect makes it enjoyable.

"I've been sullied... YA-MA-DA!!!" That actually got me... and the ending gets me every time... even when I'm expecting it, lol.

Like it has been said before this series is just mindless fun.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 11, 2009 9:27 AM

Jul 2008
some stuff didnt make sense like what u guys said Why didnt he make himself transparent , would that be to his advantage . Certainly someone got lazy ...
but i guess it's still fun to watch lol

xD @
Alexstratz said:

The bulk of the episode:
Jul 11, 2009 10:00 AM

Jun 2008
greenmush said:
that was stupid , how did she even noe what material the wall was made of? and why didnt he just made himself transparent shesh

I would guess that he couldn't make himself invisible without effecting his own site. It's been theorized that the Invisible Woman from the Fantastic Four has a sort of psychic ability to see things when turns herself invisible. The eyes need to be able to see, and thus the eyeballs and optic nerves can't be turned invisible else she becomes blind.

I know, I know, Uten isn't the Invisible Woman, but it's just a theory.

Just to remind everyone about this series, it doesn't take itself seriously. Just remember how Eve made the statement early that Cruz is the main character of this anime. It's no different than Bobobo.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 11, 2009 11:12 AM

Feb 2008
Episode was good, I think I like this anime

Oh, btw - is OST avalible anywhere? It`s pretty cool, reminds me of Guilty Gear music
There was a MySQL Error. The staff has been notified and is looking in to it. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Jul 11, 2009 1:14 PM

Jan 2009
so far this anime seems pretty lame, well to compensate for the main character being a crybaby, at least Eve's got decent clothing : D
and I do prefer Kamina-sama over this whatever-his-face guy who I can't recall the name of xD
OosranJul 11, 2009 1:26 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 11, 2009 1:27 PM

Jul 2008
The only three good things about this anime are:
- the kid is being pushed around by everyone
- there's an average of 2 good jokes per episode
- it looks great on one's dropped list
Jul 11, 2009 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
naganje said:
The only three good things about this anime are:
- the kid is being pushed around by everyone
- there's an average of 2 good jokes per episode
- it looks great on one's dropped list
haha it probably would, but it's better than Casshern Sins, so I'll wait a little before I drop it : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 11, 2009 1:34 PM

Dec 2008
Another 100+ ep.series?
Well, episode was ok.

ATATATATATATATATATATATATA!! Omae wa mo shindeiru!
Jul 11, 2009 1:35 PM

Sep 2007
Hu...
I don't think this anime will made a 100 episodes... :s
Like 26 for me...
Liked the 2Nd episode !
Jul 11, 2009 1:38 PM

Jan 2009
Yuuichirou said:
Another 100+ ep.series?
Oh I Seriously Hope NOT, if an update came and set the episode number to 100+, I would immediately drop it, without an ounce of hesitation : O it's not worth wasting that long to watch, at least not as it seems now
Jul 11, 2009 2:11 PM

Aug 2008
I find it similar to Gurren Lagann without the mecha badassness.
Well the characters though.

Simon=Cruz
Kamina=Adam
Yoko=Eve
Jul 11, 2009 2:35 PM

Jan 2009
Kallen_R2 said:
I find it similar to Gurren Lagann without the mecha badassness.
Well the characters though.

Simon=Cruz
Kamina=Adam
Yoko=Eve
and at this point I think this has been stated a bunch of time, about the similarities : p
although Simon is not a crybaby, Kamina-sama is awesome, and Yoko looks better xD
Jul 11, 2009 3:26 PM

Feb 2009
This anime reminds me of Code Geass, Akira, Trigun and with the feel of TTGGL. Well its official this anime is the same as Kakeru Shoujo I lot of nothing, but still watchable somehow.
A lot of characters with god complex and tone of fanservice where anime is going to T_T
Jul 11, 2009 11:21 PM

Apr 2008
ok episode ... just as lame as ever

Jul 11, 2009 11:56 PM

Jan 2009
Wait, so the kid can throw daggers through a brick wall? Oh well, I think it's best to not question this show. I'll keep watching to see if it improves.

At least until the girls from the ED show up ;)

Jul 12, 2009 2:52 AM

Apr 2009
I skipped through the episode first just to see that it was indeed working and skipped right onto the bit with the white stuff on her face...wow.

This was actually a fairly good episode compared to the first.
Jul 12, 2009 3:56 AM

Dec 2008
I liked this ep
hopefully the magician is death, he was so annoying.

the similarities with TTGL is just coincidence.
This show has no mechas and Giga Drill Breaker

Lol whats up with anime these days, everywhere are perverts

I still can't watch the ending XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2009 4:09 AM
Feb 2009
Unlike most of you people, I thought it was better. The last episode was boring as hell for me, but this episode kept me above the occupied-with-something-else-while-something-is-playing-in-front-of-me mark at least.
Jul 12, 2009 4:37 AM

Sep 2007
I have loved this episode...
And the magician. ^^
And Eve surely !
Jul 12, 2009 9:37 AM

Apr 2009
This anime makes no sense, and is random and stupid, but I like it. But I have to say, I enjoyed watching Blade fight better, it was more intense. Im sure they'll make up for his lack of screen time in future eps though.

And giving Eve a drill was a bad idea, as its just gonna increase the number of morons saying that Needless is a TTGL rip off, even though the Needless manga came out before TTGL.

Jul 12, 2009 12:23 PM

May 2008
Haha. Giga Drill. Even though TTGL came afterwards.

I really want this anime to get better. I really like it, but I feel like it's progressing a bit too fast. They've already gone through 2 of the Needless guys and they're not giving enough time to give the villains proper character development. They could give them a little more screen time instead of just the scenes where they fight and get killed off.

Jul 12, 2009 10:32 PM
Oct 2008
Well, would be nice to say these.

By the face off the "Magician" guy, he was prety nervous and not very capable off thinking on the time... I mean, can YOU think if some one is with a big f***ing drill pointed right at your face? Right when all your powers are "discovered"...

OOOO Almost forgot about it:

ColdBeans said:
Wait, so the kid can throw daggers through a brick wall? Oh well, I think it's best to not question this show. I'll keep watching to see if it improves.

At least until the girls from the ED show up ;)

Have you REALLY watched the Anime or just starred at Eve's ass during the entire Epi? Or maybe you just FF to the ED to droll over?

Take a VERY closer look at the time when all the invisible stuff goes back to normal. If you can't see a window there, just give up on watching animes as a whole...

@Topic:

Liked the Epi, even if the story is not very well told until now.
Jul 12, 2009 11:04 PM

Feb 2008
Smoldar said:

Have you REALLY watched the Anime or just starred at Eve's ass during the entire Epi?

Ah, good question...let`s make a new topic with a poll :)
There was a MySQL Error. The staff has been notified and is looking in to it. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Jul 12, 2009 11:08 PM

Apr 2008
DVD uncensored version want.

Jul 13, 2009 1:46 AM

Dec 2008
Smoldar said:

Have you REALLY watched the Anime or just starred at Eve's ass during the entire Epi?.

hey, her ass wasn't very present in this ep, ok her boobs were ; D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2009 6:14 AM

Jul 2007
Just finished watching it, its quite horrible & predictable.. yet some how watchable haha.
Jul 13, 2009 10:35 AM

May 2009
This anime is so horrible, yet I'm having trouble dropping it for some reason - probably the fanservice and ED... But I won't be wasting my time on this.

Dropped.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Needless Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Dec 10, 2009

123 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 3:31 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaDenmad - Dec 3, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 2:47 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 21 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 20, 2009

49 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:54 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 20 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 12, 2009

41 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:25 AM

Poll: » Needless Episode 19 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Nov 5, 2009

45 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 3, 2023 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.