Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2014 1:52 PM

Nov 2013
Brilliant episode.
And so the original anime character appears! Hopefully they'd manage to keep the story as close to the manga as possible so we can get a sequel. I'm sure everyone would hate to see a random original anime ending for this show.

Bishamon's army scene was incredible. Very badass.
Yukine is still annoying :\
Nora was kinda creepy walking up to Yukine and messing with his head.
Feb 16, 2014 2:31 PM

Jul 2012
Very nice adaptation of the manga. Just waiting for that part now.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 16, 2014 2:33 PM

Jan 2014
not sure how well it follow the manga but it is still very good. i mean some scenes are missing but i already forgot which ones. **sigh**
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 16, 2014 2:48 PM

May 2013
Great episode, as usual.

I'm really enjoying the focus on the relationship between Yukine and Yato. Also, the show's dark side is becoming more and more pronounced. It's great how the show seamlessly intertwines the plot mysteries with character development and actions scenes. This anime makes it look easy.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Feb 16, 2014 3:05 PM

Aug 2013
Nora is like a bad ex-girlfriend that wont leave you alone.
My Candies:
Feb 16, 2014 3:42 PM

Apr 2012
Esheraz said:
Nice episode, feel sorry for Yukine...He doesn't need to go through all this trouble :(

Why would you feel sorry for such a self-absorbed brat?
Feb 16, 2014 3:44 PM
Oct 2013
Barion-Zara said:
This is getting pretty dark.

Veena's armada of Shinki looked awesome. So she has 8 of them. Loved the scene at the start when they were all lined up behind her :D BA!

So from what I understood...Nora means a whore Shinki? XD So that's why "Nora" had so many names on her. Shit! She's quite the whore there lol. I'm still loving her a lot though. The aura she gives out is awesome!

As expected Kazuma seems to have a debt he has to pay Yato. I really wonder what it is. And it really seems like Veena doesn't know about it. Makes things interesting.

The part time job part was fun with how Yato threw Kofuku out because she'd bring poverty to the shop XD
Yukine needs a punch in the face or a bitch slap to wake up already -.-
Stealing disaster relief donations O_o? Can u get any lower WTF! And Dat damn evil stare! Poor Yato.

Yato seems to really hate Nora. I really want to know what happened in the past??
Awesome way of using the purification water. BA cut! And he still has hope in Yukine. The Blight is spreading like hell though. Yato!!!

I wonder if that long haired silver guy with the mask that appeared behind Nora is the same person who is in the scene sitting behind Yato when they show us his past??

So manga readers...is this really starting to take an anime original ending or still following the manga? And if yes then how closely?

Currently , It's still follow the manga ,but with a minor change

Btw that guy who with nora..is not ORIGINAL ANIME Characters
9/10 for this episode , love the parts when hiyori touch yato face
Feb 16, 2014 3:52 PM

Jun 2011
O-Divine-Demon said:
Esheraz said:
Nice episode, feel sorry for Yukine...He doesn't need to go through all this trouble :(

I think people downplay Yukine's perspective a little too much because Yato's the main character. Although he is quite bratty, he is being treated like a tool by Yato, used against his own will, feels unneeded because Yato can use Nora, and feels betrayed by Yato because Yato lied about how they were going to be able to save the girl from episode 5.
Brats are not brats just because they are self-absorbed, something happened to them to make them act the way they do.
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

Feb 16, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2012
I hope Yukine straighten up real soon or Yato is going to be in some really trouble.

Great episode!!!
Feb 16, 2014 4:19 PM

Jun 2009
AlexTheRiot said:
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:
marian11 said:
How the fucking hell does Yukine have 174 favourites? Are the guys who added him high or something? The guy is one of the most unlikeable characters I've seen.
Heck even Hiyori is a lot more likeable than him.

I know he's unlikable (because I used to hate him, haha) but he's cute, realistic and I can relate to his character very well.
You may not notice it but there are loads of yukines in the society right now :/

Someone who thinks everyone has given up on him. And someone who just wants to die (though Yukine's already dead, he can't die again XD)

We still need to see his past, I've a feeling that's where most of those favorites come from.

I think theyre manga readers soo

SandyBoi said:

Veena has 8 shinki :o

Feb 16, 2014 4:32 PM

Feb 2012
Yukine is really starting to get annoying. Otherwise good episode.
Feb 16, 2014 4:32 PM

Jun 2009
xmaikokoro said:
O-Divine-Demon said:
Esheraz said:

I think people downplay Yukine's perspective a little too much because Yato's the main character. Although he is quite bratty, he is being treated like a tool by Yato, used against his own will, feels unneeded because Yato can use Nora, and feels betrayed by Yato because Yato lied about how they were going to be able to save the girl from episode 5.
Brats are not brats just because they are self-absorbed, something happened to them to make them act the way they do.

well I don't think that yato is treating yukine just like a tool otherwise he woldnt followed him after hiyori and watched over him, learned him tricks to defend himself and also he wanted to get closer to him but yukine pushed him always away

((kinda like bleach and the zanpakuto but yukine doesn't hears yatos calling))
Feb 16, 2014 4:41 PM

Jun 2013
I can see where Yukine is coming from. He just found out that he's dead, he's been used against his will to kill "someone" and nothing has been clarified to him, so there's nothing for him to work with and care about anything for that matter as Yato hasn't been helping him all that much. However this desperate, ignorant approach is pretty annoying.

And if Yato does get through to him, and it's not too late, and he still stays a brat then I would like to see Yato take care of him and finally tell us about his' past because that old, samurai-looking cut-scenes look so awesome :'3

And Hiyori, is she just there to kickstart the series, mentally support Yukine or is she going to play some important role in this whole shablam...?!

@Reply on my profile, rarely check back forum threads

HummingBird | DeviantArt | MAL | MML

Feb 16, 2014 4:45 PM

Apr 2013
So they finally explained what is Nora. Can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 16, 2014 5:15 PM

Jul 2013
This show is getting really interesting. I kind of hope the mood will lighten eventually for Yato. So far, this series is probably the best one I'm watching this season other than Nagi no Asukara which I don't count as this season because it started last fall.
Feb 16, 2014 5:18 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Even if they don't possibly follow the manga, I don't see why there would be a new character.

Ahhh Yukine being a prick. I remember being annoyed too, but I think he's favorite worthy after all this. Though not sure where the anime will end at. The boy's just got a lot of angst and self-pity, which he needs to get rid of and understand that Yato is actually being incredibly patient with him. Yato could technically get rid of Yukine at any time he wants to, but he hasn't given up on Yukine. Yato's words can sometimes be harsh, and since he's also always joking around, it's hard for anyone to understand him.

Annnnd more Kazuma! The only guy atm that believe in Yato's kindness :) Even Hiyori feels a little iffy about Yato, which I can understand since he used to use Nora and his past about killing a shinki.
koleareFeb 18, 2014 7:21 AM
Feb 16, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2010
I do kind of understand where Yukine is coming from, suddenly getting pulled back into the living world and used as sword to "kill" abnormalities must be difficult and confusing, especially if you feel like you're really killing them when you actually want to save them (like the little girl) but to act the way he did is a no go. He needs to understand he can't take his frustrations out by stealing stuff or walking away from his problems, on the other hand we must remember he's like 15 years old and still very fragile as teenager, we've all had difficult periods in our teenage years, right?

I think he's being bratty but what else can you expect from a 15 year old boy with a seemingly hard past (which he doesn't remember but it certainly has a big impact on him subconsiously) and whom gets put in a strange situation like this. I'm glad Yato isn't the type to dispose of him though, Yukine just needs someone to slap some sense back in him, but who'll also stick by his side and whom he can rely on. Can't wait to see them working things out and start working like a team :)
Feb 16, 2014 5:31 PM

Jun 2013
tomzz4 said:
And Hiyori, is she just there to kickstart the series, mentally support Yukine or is she going to play some important role in this whole shablam...?!

She has a very important role, very. I think they'll reveal Hiyori's importance at the end of the anime..?
Feb 16, 2014 6:01 PM
Jul 2013
Family problems (?)
Feb 16, 2014 6:06 PM
Oct 2012
tingy said:
Even if they don't possibly follow the manga, I don't see why there would be a new character

Depending on the length of the series, and whether or not there is a natural conclusion in the manga where an adaptation can end, introducing a new character is a good way of creating a compelling story arc with a real ending without damaging the main manga or ruining an on going character.

Adaptation is not easy, in most cases the production team only has one season under contract without any assurance from the publisher for a second, so the production team wants to create a compelling animation that can stand on its own (usually with the limitations from the publisher as stated above).

Generally speaking dramatic shows need to have an ending to give the show meaning (other genres can more often without a strong ending), so rather than faithfully follow the manga to some open ending, the production team will create one.

A new villain with Nora would be the best way to use Nora's popularity (assuming that she is with the manga fans), while preserving her core identity for the manga.
Feb 16, 2014 6:09 PM

Jan 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
tingy said:
Even if they don't possibly follow the manga, I don't see why there would be a new character

Depending on the length of the series, and whether or not there is a natural conclusion in the manga where an adaptation can end, introducing a new character is a good way of creating a compelling story arc with a real ending without damaging the main manga or ruining an on going character.

Adaptation is not easy, in most cases the production team only has one season under contract without any assurance from the publisher for a second, so the production team wants to create a compelling animation that can stand on its own (usually with the limitations from the publisher as stated above).

Generally speaking dramatic shows need to have an ending to give the show meaning (other genres can more often without a strong ending), so rather than faithfully follow the manga to some open ending, the production team will create one.

A new villain with Nora would be the best way to use Nora's popularity (assuming that she is with the manga fans), while preserving her core identity for the manga.
in the manga see attack the one of the MCs
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 16, 2014 6:10 PM

Jan 2014
I hope Yukine and Yato sort out their issues soon :(
The info about the Nora ('s?) was interesting though, and Hiyori was adorable~
Can't wait for the next episode!
Feb 16, 2014 6:45 PM

Aug 2013
I read the manga and now I know the next part would be painful to watch -__- Yukine's going to be annoying as heck.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 16, 2014 6:58 PM

Jul 2013
marian11 said:
How the fucking hell does Yukine have 174 favourites? Are the guys who added him high or something? The guy is one of the most unlikeable characters I've seen.
Heck even Hiyori is a lot more likeable than him.

LOLLL I loved Yukine up until episode 5. Now he needs to get his shit together, I don't care if he's dead or if he's "only" fourteen. One can only stoop so low.

Poor Yato :( Something really bad must have happened with Nora for him to be that desperate not to use her.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Feb 16, 2014 7:33 PM
Oct 2012
Textric said:
in the manga see attack the one of the MCs

Evil has its own appeal in fiction, which is why I assumed she was popular. That said, I do not comment on shows where I have read the manga (in large part because I am usually disappointed in the adaptation), this allows me to savor what will happen next. So I have no idea what is coming up, however I do appreciate that this show, by all appearances, is well thought out and I have great expectations that future episodes will not disappoint.
Feb 16, 2014 7:37 PM

Jan 2014
Jeez Yukine is annoying as hell, I can't stand him... I want to know more about Yato's dark past !!!
Feb 16, 2014 7:51 PM
Mar 2009
And Yukine became even more annoying this episode. Wow, they really give all the annoying, angsty male roles to Yuki Kaji.

Dammit, I wish we could have seen Nora's powers. I'm guessing Yato used her in the past to kill Regalia and humans alike.

It's still nice to see comedy blended in with the plot developments and the subtle romantic givings. Now if only this whole thing with Yukine could end already; there's only five episodes left and there's no headway on resolving Hiyori's condition.
Feb 16, 2014 7:55 PM

Oct 2012
Dat Takahiro Sakurai's voice...make my heart melt!! great episode!! Yato, Nora, and Yukine...Oh My. i still hate Yukine so much! but great moment in this episode is between Yato and Hiyori! <3

10/10
Feb 16, 2014 8:24 PM

Oct 2013
Gettin good
Feb 16, 2014 9:28 PM

Apr 2012
more yukine drama but hiyori seems to have gotten the main idea across to yato.
hopefully he'll be okay soon before bad bad things happen :(
also learned what nora really means. but why is that nora chasing down yato? and who is that guy standing with her in the end? hm.....
and nora is right, yukine has pretty eyes <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2014 9:59 PM

Dec 2011
Wow, we finally got more insight on Nora, and about the past of Regalia's with multiple owners... it seems the issue with Yukine isn't solved just yet. Can't wait to see Yato discipline him or he will get a change of heart.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2014 10:04 PM

Dec 2010
So Nora are basically independent Shinki? Sort of like mercenaries, willing to do the dirty jobs for whoever comes along? That could be an interesting development! Too bad this series isn't long enough! It could easily be a 24 ep series or more since the manga is so far ahead! I wonder if they will do anime original this time?

BONES tends to do that, which can be good or bad, but it will almost always have a conclusion at least!
Feb 16, 2014 10:20 PM

Mar 2012
Basically the only reason I'd drop this series would be because of Yukine. He's just such a brat. And Hiyori too, always somehow trying to protect Yukine and speak out for him when Yukine's actions have much broader consequences. Nice. The only character with some degree of common sense in the main trio is Yato and he's supposed to be the goofball...
Feb 16, 2014 10:21 PM

Sep 2013
yato's part time job lmao

knowing more about nora was interesting
kazuma for best char tho he's such a boss

also, manga readers forgive me but yukine is an ass
Feb 16, 2014 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
Yuki's becoming more and more annoying. I hope he grows up soon, or Yato will suffer more.

So now we know what a god does for a part time job!
Feb 16, 2014 10:30 PM

Mar 2012
This anime is getting better and better.
Feb 16, 2014 10:54 PM
Oct 2013
He left the god of poverty in charge of the shop... I can't imagine how well that'll turn out.

Even if yukine had a troubled past, or is confused by what's going on around him, that doesn't excuse his behavior. the fact that yuto obviously chose him over nora (whom I assume is far more useful in terms of combat ability) is more than enough proof that he's still wanted.
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
Feb 16, 2014 11:02 PM

Nov 2011
Lel people being angry with Yukine for being a brat, well it can't be helped, he IS a brat. Its already hinted that he has a troublesome past so being a problematic kid shouldn't be a surprise. I think Yato already know that turning a kid into a regalia bring a lot of problems since their mind isn't mature yet.

All and all, it was a good episode. Nora is basically a whore, that's explain the tattoo all over her which are her many names.

Feb 16, 2014 11:03 PM

Aug 2013
Noragami not cease to amaze me
each episode the story develops more
I want to know more about the past of Yukine, of good boy became delinquent
and about what happened to Yato and Nora
I already say that this is the best anime of the season ..
________

Noragami não para de me surpreender
a cada episódio a historia se desenvolve mais
quero saber mais sobre o passado de Yukine, de bom garoto passou a ser delinquente
e sobre o que aconteceu com Yato e com Nora
já digo que este é o melhor anime da temporada ..
Feb 16, 2014 11:20 PM

Oct 2010
Never read the manga but based on what we know, my theory is that Bishamon had the same problem Yato is facing with Yukine decades ago.

She probably refused to kill her Regalia so Kazuma made a job request to Yato to kill them. Yato most likely used Nora for that job. No idea who is that new God that just appeared though.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Feb 16, 2014 11:20 PM

May 2009
It would be a real pleasure if Yato used Nora to kill Yukine I think that would be great. I mean look at them they belong together (in an open relationship). Actually as long as Yukine ends up being killed I'll be happy. I don't want Yato to change from being a war god but then again it doesn't look like hes going back to his old ways. I'm guessing he used Nora to kill a Regalia and perhaps that's why he may not want to use her anymore because he wants to change.
Feb 17, 2014 12:53 AM

Oct 2013
New anime character!!!!!
yukine issue Isn't resolve right?
Feb 17, 2014 1:03 AM

Feb 2008
Yukine is acting like such a brat, and maybe I could at least have a minimum of sympathy for him if he didn't stoop as low as stealing relief donations. He's even more detestable since he acts all victimized, when Yato had every reason to be suspicious, yet actually is guilty.

Almost makes me want to side with the people wanting him to use Nora to finish him of. Though I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Being thrown in that crazy world, not knowing anything is a decent reason to act out and do stupid things.

Though I do find it funny that he's got some complex about not wanting Yato to use other regalias, yet he sees Bentamon owning multiple ones, and asks a God having tons of regalias to take him in. Does he wants to be a bottom that hard? But I expect as soon as someone tells him to what lengths Yato is allowing him to go, being infected as hell, he'll probably do a 180, feeling extremely appreciated/guilty.
Arata84Feb 17, 2014 1:06 AM
Feb 17, 2014 1:33 AM

Aug 2012
Just kill Yukine already. Geez, I wonder how Yato is controlling himself from doing so. Anyway, it's still a great episode. Things are getting darker.. I wonder if I should read the manga now that I'm so hooked.
Feb 17, 2014 2:31 AM
Sep 2013
Yukine doesn't know how well he has it. I'd jump off a building just so I could be Yato's regalia, the dude is badass personified. And my lord, just when i thought Yukine would tone down all the 'temptations', the motherfucker steals disaster relief donations?!

But I guess it's better than having Nora as his regalia, because she just freakin' looks evil.

Gotta hand it to Yato, sticking with his annoying regalia even though it's literally killing him. I'm liking Hiyori, and that scene where she held Yato's face. So close.

And is it just me? Or have I seen Kazuma before? I swear there's someone who looks exactly like him (and may even have the same VA too) in another series. But either way, he seems pretty cool, and how he's really trying to save Yato behind the scenes. I wonder if the 'debt' he was talking about was killing Bishamon's regalia, he/she could have been like Yukine or Nora and was internally killing Bishamon as well.

Whatever, looking forward to the final 5 episodes. Hopefully second season will be coming later.
Feb 17, 2014 3:10 AM

Nov 2008
Yukine is still a child. He died at a young age, he sees others better off than him so he's envious. That's about every child out there. Cut him some slack c:

He does need discipline though.
Feb 17, 2014 3:12 AM

Nov 2013
airbornejaws said:

And is it just me? Or have I seen Kazuma before? I swear there's someone who looks exactly like him (and may even have the same VA too) in another series.

Yukio Okumora
Feb 17, 2014 3:17 AM

Aug 2009
airbornejaws said:
I wonder if the 'debt' he was talking about was killing Bishamon's regalia, he/she could have been like Yukine or Nora and was internally killing Bishamon as well.

That would make sense actually! But if that were the case then Bishamon should know better and wouldn't be going on a rampage every time she meets Yato and wouldn't be hunting him down like that! Right? O.O Because if we assume her Regalia was an evil one, then that Regalia would have affected her the same way Yukine is affecting Yato!!! But even so Yato isn't getting rid of Yukine so probably that's exactly what happened back then with Bishamon!! She didn't want to kill her Regalia but Kazuma was too worried she'd be killed, so he asked Yato for help! Gosh, I don't know if that's how it is but it sounds plausible!! @.@

Yukine-kun, I feel I'm the same as Yato, I can't give up on him! I'm so glad Hiyori got through to Yato and opened his eyes!!! She really is a nice and caring girl! ^^

Seems like Nora is really bringing out the worst in Yato so I'd assume that's the reason he's avoiding her and rejecting her! What's more that guy who was with her also seems suspicious or maybe he was even one of Yato's Regalias back in the days when he was the "real" God of Calamity - meaning killing mercilessly!
Feb 17, 2014 3:46 AM

May 2010
Yato's wound looked really bad. I wish Yukine stops acting like that, and accept Yato as his master. Then again, can't really blame him when he has ho live with him in cold and live on barely anything. Yato needs to become more responsible as well.
Feb 17, 2014 4:50 AM

Jun 2013
I saw a screencap from one of the unaired episodes here ->

I HAVE A REALLY BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS.
Even though I've read the manga 'till chappie 29... I think I might cry on the next few episodes.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.