Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Sep 19, 2009 3:52 PM

Aug 2009
Nice episode, but somehow it sucks how in such a situation there is really no possibility that someone gets a boyfriend. It has always be the "corny" way with killing down every romantical atmosphere! (In Lucky star it was the same with Kagami)
Definitely one point which happens often in animes and I don't like this point. (Had to do a stupid sentence construction to get the message clearly! ;-P )
Oct 8, 2009 2:54 PM

Jul 2008
ritsu thought the lyrics were a love letter, rofl
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 23, 2009 12:01 AM

Oct 2009
good show =] gottta say jason mraz got me watching it =P

Oct 24, 2009 7:23 PM
Oct 2009
Will there be a second season? this bonus is quite good!
Nov 24, 2009 7:00 PM

Mar 2009
Woah, i was felt scary when that kitty did that thing, lol xD

--
Dec 7, 2009 6:59 PM

Jul 2009
K-ON Was Awesome I Wished The Would Have Played More Thats The Only Reason I Didnt Give It A 10 I Gave It a 8 But This Still Was A Great Anime And Enjoyed Every Episode
Dec 16, 2009 2:08 PM

Jun 2009
Great anime, now on to the specials ;o.
9/10
Jan 2, 2010 9:35 PM
May 2009
Episode 13 was okay...
Anyway, I think K-ON! gets a good 10.

9 - For being awesome and moe
1 - For Yui being cute and epic win

9 + 1 = 10 amirite? kkthx.
Jan 4, 2010 12:40 PM

Nov 2008
Hato-kun said:
Pandaman0529 said:
Ritsu with bangs is pretty hot

She looks like Yui with bangs. D:
Hikaru_Chan said:
sexagintillion
Jan 10, 2010 4:21 PM

Aug 2009
It was pretty good, although I would say that the first few minutes were kinda sad and lonely. I don't know why but I just can't think of them separating. I need them to stay together! D:

Now, I just have to wait for season 2 for more moeness. Aaaah the cute part was when Ritsu thinking the letter gave by Mio was a love letter. :D
Jan 11, 2010 3:35 PM

Apr 2008
6/10 The first half was full of fun comedy the second half was not that good. Looking forward to next season.
TuzoAnimeJan 14, 2010 5:42 PM
Jan 13, 2010 10:11 PM

May 2008
Ritsu never got a love letter.;_;

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 27, 2010 5:16 AM

Jun 2008
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-01-26/k-on-final-bd-sells-31000-to-top-weekly-chart

Good to see that it didn't suck like all the K-ON! haters want to think it does.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 4, 2010 10:13 PM

Feb 2008
Okay. I'm confused. I picked up the R2 DVDs for volumes 6 & 7 of K-On!. According to them, episode 12 is the last episode in the series and the "Fuyu no Hi!" and "Live House!" episodes are "bangaihen" (extra chapters).
Feb 6, 2010 5:16 PM
Mar 2009
Well i liked the episode
i think it was a good bonus episode, showing the characters doing things on their own rather than always being in the group
they're more of individuals now
Feb 26, 2010 6:20 AM

Aug 2009
Nice episode, it was really different.

K-ON! was amazing. I love it. Definitely a 9/10!
Mar 21, 2010 1:25 PM

Sep 2008
Kind of... relaxing (?) closure to the series. Somehow, Yui is like a unifying link of fluffiness and warmth. Her silly question seemed to bring them all together... it was cute. :D I don't know. The ending just made me feel warm inside, although nothing much happened in the episode...

In some ways I found it a suitable ending for the series, and in other ways I think I would've liked something with a little more punch. Well, loved the series anyway. :) Sad that it's over, of course.
Apr 10, 2010 11:28 AM

Feb 2010
I Love this Anime =D
Apr 12, 2010 3:00 PM
Dec 2007
Alexstratz said:
I don't know if it's necessary to talk about the goods and bads of a show like K-ON. What I do know is that K-ON is about tea, cake, and cosplaying moeblobs playing music. And as far as these are concerned, this show sure did it's job and some more. I'm gonna overrate this with a 8/10.

Spot on! It was fun, light, fluffy entertainment with cute and engaging characters. It may have been generic and slow at times, without enough actual music practice and performance for my liking, but it was time well spent watching. The OP and ED were well sung and produced, as were the concert scenes. I never ceased to grin, and laughed a few times an episode. It wasn't profound, but it was profoundly likeable.

Episode rating - 4/5
Series rating - 8/10
Roll on Series 2!
Apr 13, 2010 2:08 AM

Oct 2009
I watched the entire series in one day and I am absolutely moed :S but positively ^^
Overall 9/10
Looking forward to next season
Apr 13, 2010 3:03 AM

Apr 2009
Good Luck to season 2...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2010 10:48 PM

Aug 2008
Weird extra episode... definitely the first half missed the usual K-On! feel... I mean it felt so slice of life that I really doubted I was watching an Anime... Really it felt like I were watching a film of my grandpa when my aunt, uncle and mom were little... Really felt like anyone could do this... Really felt like watching something like that...

Ritsu's part was definitely cute... and we saw a boy!!!! Wahhh!!! the world is ending!!! Global Warming will completely engulf the planet and will make it a place inhabited! XD nah kidding... but seriously we got a pair of boys! for a short scene but we saw a pair of boys!!! Ritsu with no head band looks great! Prefer her without it... But looks so much like Yui so that sucks...

Yui!! Has nothing to do... or so looked like, but she really wanted to be together with the girls and well in the end she managed to be with them and actually make a meeting so that really show us that she's the glue of the group XD The nabe experiments sounds delicious... Oh and the Guitah part was funny too!

Azusa... she was cute, loved her because she coincidentally had to take care of a cat and actually called it Azu-nyan #2 XD And I thought she was afraid of cats... from now on she'll be more used to cosplay with the nekomimi!! I'm sure of that XD

Mio... Mio, she actually had a nice idea isolating herself to the seaside, to bad it was so windy and cold that she couldn't even write a single letter! In fact for a moment I thought she was going to write a sad/melancholic song, but I guess she didn't and just left it there and went back to think about it again... Oh by the way looks like she has problems with a computer so that's pretty much why she wrote that letter to Ritsu... that was really funny XD! Ritsu actually believed that a boy wrote her a letter XD.. But it was from Mio XD... I'd love to see a Ritsu + Mio doujin XD

And MUuGI! She really surprised me! Getting a job? That was really unexpected peps! never thought she would really wanted to work but I guess it's all about the need of being independent and do whatever she wants and the real reason why she worked there was because she wants her own money and wants to be a normal girl just like everyone else in the Club... I love that! She has grown so much... maybe she had that idea before but this definitely sealed it and showed us that she's a really good friend... and a nice Tea Maker XD

Loved the Anime... It's really hard to rate... It never had something substantial.. never had a real goal... Okay Realistic if you wanna but in the end it never had an meaning to me... But it really made a perfect job trying to represent a normal life of a high school girl band... the slice of life is really perfect... and the character growth is awesome too... if it were for me I'd give it a 7 but my happy easy going heart really enjoyed and felt completely glued to the anime, felt the passion and because of that I'll give it a 9/10

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2010 12:13 AM

Jul 2008
this show was not funny at all. that ending was not an ending at all. the five elements of a storyline, that i learned in school contained:
beginning,
the rising action,
climax,
falling action,
and the resolution.

without any sort of problem there wasn't anything other than a beginning... no real obstacle that the group had to overcome.

in other words, imo this show was a 13-episode-continuously-boring-show-about-nothing, because nothing was accomplished in the end
Jun 29, 2010 12:10 PM

Jun 2010
BlackTruth said:
this show was not funny at all. that ending was not an ending at all. the five elements of a storyline, that i learned in school contained:
beginning,
the rising action,
climax,
falling action,
and the resolution.

without any sort of problem there wasn't anything other than a beginning... no real obstacle that the group had to overcome.

in other words, imo this show was a 13-episode-continuously-boring-show-about-nothing, because nothing was accomplished in the end

Yes, think of the story like a "fish".
But not all stories are like that, which I think is good. I really liked K-ON and I would not say it's been time wasted or unfunny.
Jul 8, 2010 4:00 PM
Mar 2010
aaaahhh nice ep!!!!
very cute.....a good closed!!!
definitely favorite characters list:
1.Mio
2.Mugi
3.Rikku
4.Yui e Azu-nyan

next to 2nd season!!!!
Jul 21, 2010 7:59 AM

Oct 2008
Too much moe here, but the five girls are really adorable. It was ok.

7/10
Jul 26, 2010 2:16 PM

Jan 2010
This one was better than other.
Jul 26, 2010 5:55 PM

May 2010
At the beginning, it sort of made me feel kind of sad, but the ending was funny.
I felt sorry for Tsumugi at her job.
Jul 29, 2010 6:35 PM

Jul 2009
Awesome Show ^^

soo many heart warming moments. Yui is soooo lovable :D i thought ritsu will have a bf but then again alot of otaku would have rage if that happen.
Aug 12, 2010 4:35 PM

Jan 2010
am i the only one who thought this was a weird episode?

Yui was still the cutest god damn it what's with me xD

5/5 and oh it's ended :-( 9/10 :D
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 13, 2010 6:50 PM

Jul 2010
It was good; would have been better if I didn't know about a second season. Fun series to watch. =]
Aug 14, 2010 8:09 PM

Dec 2008
Well. These sort of series I usually avoid. And now I remember why. It was very cute and I did enjoy some parts but overall I found it quite boring and uneventful. If Mio wasn't such a cute character I would have dropped back at ep2. =_= Best part of this anime was the characters.. and the ending song.

Overall, I gave this series a 6/10.

Aug 15, 2010 1:41 AM

May 2009
Ritsu with bangs is <333
also HELL YEAH KITTIES!

Didn't think I'd like this show as much as I did, I don't watch slice of life usually but I finished this in a day. I'm gonna wait a while before I start season 2 ahaha
I've got this burnin' like my veins are filled with nothin' but gasoline.
Aug 27, 2010 6:13 PM

May 2010
very cute episdoe. the part with the warm hands was hillarious! aww, what a great anime! i can't wait for season two...
i salute to you K-On!
Sep 3, 2010 8:04 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome show, hope season 2 lives up to season 1!!

Sep 28, 2010 6:42 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty boring, but the ending was absolutley sweet! Didn't particularly like the drama because it felt so fo-holy shit boys in K-ON!
Dec 29, 2010 11:14 PM

Jan 2010
LOL at Mio's lyrics Ritsu mistaken it as a love letter
Jan 8, 2011 2:36 AM

Oct 2008
On to season 2~
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 22, 2011 3:54 AM

Aug 2010
She thought it was a love letter lol
Apr 4, 2011 6:23 AM
Jul 2010
Wow, I never thought I was gonna like this anime nor I know why I did. I mean, the characters are so-so (except for Mio - I really like her), the music is average (the ED song is amazing though), the art is good but I don't like the character designs, so many "moe moments" were really annoying and the story was uneventful.

But in the end, I loved watching K-ON!... Why? I don't know, I guess I just had fun watching it. I can count how many times I laughed in each episode. So this is gonna get a 8/10 from me.

As for this episode: Azusa with the cat really reminded me of myself when I brought a puppy home. I had no idea what to do so I just sat in the couch with it by my side and petted it. I spent my entire afternoon like that because I had no idea how to take care of a dog and the puppy followed me everywhere if I tried to get up.
Apr 20, 2011 5:34 PM
Mar 2011
It's no coincindence I didn't start really liking this series until Azusa joined, she's just the cutest. Especially when her and the cat mimiced each other.

Get's a harsh 7 for the weak first 1/2 of the series and I feel it would be the weakest of my 8's. But as i'm new to anime if I find I watch more 7's and there weaker than this I may reconsider.
May 16, 2011 6:49 PM
Jul 2010
Good episode, though 12 felt more like a season finale. Ritsu contemplating the "love letter" was the cutest she's been all season. I loved Mugi getting a job, and she has been my favorite character consistently throughout the season.

All-in-all, it's a good anime, but it's definitely not for everyone, especially if you don't like "cute girls doing cute things." I didn't find it to be all that funny, but it was still enjoyable. I think all the characters are likable, and I loved the moe moments. 7/10.
Sep 19, 2011 9:57 PM

Sep 2008
Awesome show. Glad I finally got around to watching it. I was afraid the moe would be too intense but I kinda just ignored it and overall had fun watching.
Sep 27, 2011 12:53 PM
Jun 2008
Definitely going to start with the second season as soon as I'm done with the special episodes.

9/10
Sep 27, 2011 4:02 PM

Dec 2009
This episode felt like filler. The last episode was a better ending. While I much prefer music focused anime like Beck or Nodame Cantabile this one was cute & easy to enjoy.
Such junk...
Dec 1, 2011 7:57 PM

Jun 2009
I actually thought this was one of the better episodes of the series, and that it was the best way to end it. It did have that "Someday in the Rain" feel to it as well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 11, 2011 3:50 PM
Aug 2008
AO968 said:
I never expected Mugi to take a job at a fast food chain. With all her assets, you'd think she'd never have to work at all.

See, that's the thing with Mugi: she's rich as anything, but the simple life (at least relative to her) fascinates her. When her friends visit her vacation homes, she wants to keep it as normal as possible, but apparently, she's unable to express to her servants what that entails, so they leave luxuries behind that she didn't want. She (in the anime) didn't know about haggling, presumably because she could afford any price they might ask, and seems delighted at the chance to try it out. There's a chapter in vol. 3 of the manga that shows more. So yeah, it's not about whether she could afford to live without working; she just wants to.

Azusa got off easy, considering a certain other girl we all know and love who likes to pet kitties...

Ooh, I thought she seemed worried and distracted. Ra-bu re-ta!

...Only... not?
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"
Mar 12, 2012 2:12 AM

Feb 2011
Overall, moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe moe. And a bit more moe.

Can't wait to watch K-on!! for even more moe.
Apr 7, 2012 8:34 PM

Dec 2011
Enjoyed.
Yui was so moe.
:D
Jun 5, 2012 1:04 AM

Sep 2011
Cat scene was very cute. xD
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Jun 4, 2009

233 by The_Neeko »»
Apr 1, 8:37 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by piratini »»
Mar 16, 1:58 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

314 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DaBigD - Jun 11, 2009

199 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:39 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - May 28, 2009

294 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 1:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.