Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 29, 2013 2:00 PM
Jul 2013
I felt that we didnt get to see Layfonl power
Aug 8, 2013 4:00 PM

Oct 2009
I just watched this for Felli anyway, never expected anything good out of it.

Was semi-enjoyable, even though it wasn't great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2013 5:04 PM

Jul 2013
Just finished it 6maybe7/10 it was ok I enjoyed it for what it was worth. Didn't really like Layfon or Nina.
Feb 14, 2014 2:59 AM

Dec 2012
Eh, the ending felt rushed and lacked the impact it could have had with more struggle added to the mix. Although that katana heaven's blade was pretty sweet, wish they would have shown more of it!

Overall this series turned out to be fairly enjoyable. It had a good amount of action and drama. Although there were a few problems I had with it, such as the scatterbrained story and unanswered questions about Ignasis, Regios, and Saya (along with the rest of those Engrish folks). The ending points towards a new season but since there's none in sight, it's a shame to see it stop here. Without the sudden twists they added in the last two episodes, the ending was satisfying otherwise.

Also as it's been pointed out, the harem elements felt out of place and unnecessary.

7/10.
May 29, 2014 10:43 PM

Aug 2013
Ehh...so Leerin's possibly the queen's daughter? So she's been groping her daughter? Hrmm...

Is this really an action show? The fight with Savaris was so disappointing. Pew pew...then magic sword comes flying at Fonfon and then he defeats RamSavaris in one blow.

6/10. It was interesting at first. I expected more :/
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 13, 2014 9:01 PM

Feb 2013
Average end for an average anime.

The Fallen One thing was so uneventfully solved.

Best part of the anime: Felli
2nd best part: Legend of Regios (engrish ftw)
Aug 14, 2014 2:37 AM

Jul 2012
It was "average" in my opinion. The fight between Layfon and Savalis was just a joke, one red beam, layfon's heaven's blade reflects it and boom gone. Besides the contaminoid was slaughtered with 1 strike of layfon with just the added beamcannon. In the end I still don't understand the whole "saya" story, which we saw multiple times suddenlky during an episode. It definitely had a good start but I expected more explanations about the flashbacks of saya and what it has to do with all those contaminoids.

6/10
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 19, 2015 9:12 PM

May 2014
LOL Nina trying to give advice as they ship her away. haha. Way to make that useless side character look more badass than usual. Good things she's a useless blob. Nina's face occasionally popping up to give Layton his "support" ruined it for me. Some dialogue was worse than expected.
Underwhelming at the very end, but very badass for the action scenes. Layfon was a protagonist with balls I like.
Still a big shipper of LayfonxFelli but that does not look like it will happen....

Solid 3.5/5, didn't stand out too much, but it was a solid watch.
Apr 1, 2015 6:48 AM

Oct 2013
6/10 characters and action were ok but what a terrible story, pacing and those wtf flashbacks.
May 16, 2015 4:49 PM

Apr 2015
Overall it was a fine anime, but it could be so much better if they had explained all those questions that they showed in the last episodes. I believe that this show lost his focus. In the beginning it looked like they would focus in the fights between cities, but actually they didn't shown any battle intercities which was very frustrating to me. Another problem was the unnecessary focus on Mei-shin and her friends, that would never add nothing important to the plot. In several episodes we saw people trying to discover Layfon's secrets but instead they should have developed the other heavens blade characters. I have no idea what this Saya girl do and neither the Dick guy. I don't think a second season would fix the problems that they did in this one. This anime deserve a 6/10 and nothing more
Jan 28, 2016 11:14 AM

Aug 2013
The last counter for rampaging Savaris was a joke.. pffft.
In the end there was no inter-municipal war lol.
Nina calling the guy dick made me laugh.
Well it was enjoyable enough to pass through.
Despite finding the story and some things confusing it was fine.
Many speculations can be made but there was no clear answer given.. at least to me.
I doubt those who didn't read the novel to know what's actually going on.
Oct 11, 2016 12:59 PM

Oct 2014
At the start I knew this would turn into a bad typical harem school magic kind of anime.
BUT oh man...never would I have guessed that I would actually like this anime! Most probably because I like the characters for some reason.
(*゚∀゚)ノ
Feb 20, 2018 8:44 AM

May 2013
Unfinished questions like how the main Regios world was created? Also why is Saya that powerful?

Sep 3, 2022 4:48 PM

Oct 2008
I just finished re-watching this, and it was definitely worse than i remembered it from 12 years ago.
But then again, many of the shows i re-watch seemed better, when i was relatively new to anime.
Jul 22, 2023 12:38 AM

Dec 2022
A few of the old posts in previous episode threads were bizarrely claiming Savaris wasn't an asshole. If these last two episodes didn't convince them he is, then I don't know what will. Either way, it did feel rushed, and both Savaris and the two contaminants were dealt with too quickly. Thankfully, the rest of the anime is quality, and it's a good battle academy watch.
Archean-ReturnOct 16, 2023 6:33 PM

Shaded Horizon

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 23, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - May 17, 2009

88 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:55 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Quickfox - May 3, 2009

56 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 8:40 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ariapokoteng - Apr 18, 2009

62 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.