Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 25, 2009 4:00 PM
May 2008
Wow, WTF was that crap!?!? Trying to give this show some emotional impact and the characters personality in the final episode... that was just awful. I think I might try the manga to get the anime's "story" out of my mind... honestly this was just bad. 4/10 for the anime series.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 25, 2009 7:21 PM
Apr 2008
A disappointing adaptation 7/10
Jun 25, 2009 7:53 PM

Apr 2008
I know the ending was mostly recap with a little bit different point of views, but I REALLY like it when the ending shows how the main character ended up in the future. Like this anime and Ronin Kenshin however you spell it.
Jun 25, 2009 8:40 PM

Oct 2008
rawfulmao said:
Poor Kuro had to be all alone (unless she was getting a secret dose of Yakumo every night), while Keita got to live a normal life afterwards.
lol, one can only wonder.
Goodtimes420 said:
I know the ending was mostly recap with a little bit different point of views, but I REALLY like it when the ending shows how the main character ended up in the future. Like this anime and Ronin Kenshin however you spell it.
well, i think they tried to do that that with the final scene after the credits, but i think it's best to think of this as an extra episode, and not a final episode, really 22 ended it, this was just kind or recap part 2 (apart from that last scene).
Jun 25, 2009 8:48 PM

Jul 2008
I was glad to see that the ending showed how things were so far into the future. It was touching to see that after all that time, Keita didn't forget about the sacrifices that Kuro made especially for him to have a good life. I never really liked the Keita/Akane pairing. It just didn't feel too real to me. She is or looks like a full grown adult while he likes like a child and acts even younger.

And I don't quite understand how Kuro isolating herself would stop the curse. The series started after good than it just went downhill from the there. It was just way too predictable, but the fight scenes were done really nicely and by that I mean drawn, not how Kuro would always manage to win the fight against the insane odds.
Jun 25, 2009 9:00 PM
Apr 2008
They shouldn't of done this episode. Was better to leave it with last one. Not only was it a waste of time, but right before the credits... wtf? That just got me annoyed.
Jun 25, 2009 9:09 PM

Aug 2008
3/10
They clearly didn't understand the relatively good tone they ended with in the previous episode. I feel like some of these scenes were remastered because I don't remember them looking so well. Overall, there were many well done fight scenes, and I appreciated the twilight color palette of the show, but that was pretty much it. Everything else was bad or worse.
Jun 25, 2009 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
Oh I remembered something else btw, x amount of episodes earlier, I think they mentioned something about their tera cycle, that if one of them dies, the other dies too.. was that only applied to Keita? as in if Kuro dies, he dies, not the other way around too?: o I mean, really, in the end, when Keita dies, shouldn't Kuro have died from the cycle being interupted at that point then?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 25, 2009 10:43 PM

Aug 2008
I gave up trying to figure it out. They totally said that, so I was anticipating Kuro to just fall over.

Oh wells.
Jun 25, 2009 10:45 PM

Jan 2009
oh well, not much to do about it now, too bad an overall pretty decent series ended so horribly : (
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 26, 2009 1:36 AM

Nov 2007
;_; Normal End
Jun 26, 2009 2:04 AM

Jan 2009
overfunk said:
;_; Normal End
no, bad end ;_;
Jun 26, 2009 3:45 AM

May 2009
All the stuff that was shown in the final episode would've been absolutely fine IF they were inserted in the prior episodes where they belonged. Why not just include them in the DVD release as an extended Director's cut version or something like that? Oh well. Feel bad for Kuro, but this was probably the right ending even if it wasn't the preferred one. Let's call it the Akane ending since everything pretty much worked out great for her. Enjoyed the series overall. Great fight scenes and Kuro made a fun and very likeable heroine.
Jun 26, 2009 6:04 AM
Jul 2008
The ending was great, at leat the few last seconds. It wasn't stupid ending saying "thre might be another season" as in most animes. Keita died and Kuro sealed herself in holy land. We know what happened with them and we know that it's the end.
Jun 26, 2009 7:47 AM
May 2009
On the on side it is a very sad Ending for the Kuro x Keita Pairing
but on the other side i give the anime credit for having support char x main char which got a bit of rarety worth
Jun 26, 2009 7:47 AM
May 2009
On the on side it is a very sad Ending for the Kuro x Keita Pairing
but on the other side i give the anime credit for having support char x main char which got a bit of rarety worth
Jun 26, 2009 7:49 AM

Jan 2009
woah, double post is double : o
Jun 26, 2009 7:55 AM
Jun 2009
I would have prefered that kuro had killed herself while keita was holding her, kinda like romeo and juliet, dieing together.
Jun 26, 2009 7:56 AM

Jan 2009
Zealot said:
I would have prefered that kuro had killed herself while keita was holding her, kinda like romeo and juliet, dieng together.
definitely, since it's kinda cheating that Kuro doesn't die when Keita dies ;_;
Jun 26, 2009 9:30 AM

Jun 2009
This had a very interesting ending, so much so that it prompted to me to make an account and actually post something :O. Anyway just a couple of things I wanted to point out, that haven't already been pointed out.
1:How did Keita get old? If I remember correctly Steiner's contractee was very old yet had the appearance of a child, or atleast they alluded to this several times.
2: Wouldn't the Holy Lands around the world still be visible? Didn't the holy Stones, or whatever they were called, keep the lands hidden? And they were destroyed, and since they were the power of Misagami (Or w/e the name was) how could they be remade since Misagami is gone (Other than Kuro)?
3: I've heard it was different in the manga, but most of the show was a build up for KeitaxKuro, with a few scenes of Akane trying to get on Keita XD. For me throughout the shows Akane seemed to me more of a mother figure, I mean she was, from what I saw, probably 4-5 years older than Keita. To do all that build-up for KuroxKeita then have Akane and Keita marry at the end was a bit strange imo.
4: So, with the limited amount of time they made for themselves b/c of all the filler...in the last episode >.>... the ending they did was probably the easiest way to end it, on a note that atleast part of the fans could accept/deal with. But, idk how realistic it was, I'm not an emotional type of guy but... if I was Keita idk how truly happy I would be married to my childhood friend knowing there is someone out there who loves me and is isolated. And the whole "I'm happy if you're happy" is bs imo. I would have preferred Kuro and Keita dieing in the fight with Misagami, or Akane dieing in the same fight, but w/e. (And I'm guessing Keita had feelings for Kuro...maybe? I had trouble telling through most of it >.>.) Eh, it was a strange feeling, 'creative', and disappointing ending to a great show. Oh, and I totally agree about the tera cycle thing, Kuro should have keeled over as Keita died =P.
Jun 26, 2009 9:33 AM

Jul 2007
.. wtf??? way to ruin the show

8->4
Jun 26, 2009 10:28 AM
Mar 2009
Oosran said:
Oh I remembered something else btw, x amount of episodes earlier, I think they mentioned something about their tera cycle, that if one of them dies, the other dies too.. was that only applied to Keita? as in if Kuro dies, he dies, not the other way around too?: o I mean, really, in the end, when Keita dies, shouldn't Kuro have died from the cycle being interupted at that point then?

technically keita was using kuro's tera to live as keita's root sucked up all his tera but as long as keita was there to flow the tera back to kuro as his own kuro can use exceed

i really didnt need the recap for 90% of the episode..
the last 3 mins was only important part and sorta made me cry...

this episode would only have been needed as like an OVA episode or something...
totally not needed as episode 22 ended it well

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Jun 26, 2009 11:24 AM

Jan 2009
kkmaster1337 said:
Oosran said:
technically keita was using kuro's tera to live as keita's root sucked up all his tera but as long as keita was there to flow the tera back to kuro as his own kuro can use exceed
but it makes it more fun if both would've died yes, or maybe not 'fun', but would've been better : D
Jun 26, 2009 6:02 PM

Jun 2009
Hehe, this will be a bit ironic b/c of the show but... I think I have the curse of "Everyone goes silent soon after I say something." XD, no lie it always happens to me. It is most notable on IRC chat and the like XD.
Jun 26, 2009 6:13 PM

Aug 2008
5/10 because the fights were good totally one-sided most of the time but at least they looked good

I could think of worse ways to waste 23*25 mins, but better ones as well..
Jun 26, 2009 8:10 PM
Oct 2007
Well this anime in general was pretty good to me. The ending to me was a different story though... I felt like the Keita x Kuro relationship would be much better since they built the story up upon syncro and the depth of syncro, also it seemed like there could be a relationship that could easily develop. Akane felt like she was in the background most of the time and it felt like a one sided relationship between Keita and Akane. Also it seemed that Keita wasn't truly that happy that Kuro had to leave. =( Also, I felt really bad for Kuro how she had to suffer all alone in the end. The ending seemed kinda realistic... but the end made me so sad. I'm a fan of happy endings, haha..
Jun 26, 2009 8:18 PM

Sep 2008
I knew Akane and Keita were going to get married! ^^ 90% of the episode was a recap, but atleast they showed the aftermath. It was sad that Keita died though. =/

Good anime series. I will miss it.
Jun 26, 2009 11:22 PM

Sep 2008
sad , this is what you call something realistic
poor kuro she`ll still be isolated the rest of her life until she dies

grandpa died just before dinner TT_TT
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jun 27, 2009 7:00 AM

Sep 2008
Hmm they should have ended on ep 22, recap was a bad idea. Only redeeming thing was the few extra things in it. And i really never wanted Akane to be with Keita :/ that sucks.

Well i must say i strangely enjoyed this series. I usually hate shounen but there was something i liked about this one. The start of the series was crap of course, but i think the 2nd half picked up a lot. Some of the plot ideas were actually quite interesting, even if the events/outcomes where cliche. There was some great fight scenes and brilliant animation. Can't really describe why i enjoyed the 2nd half a lot. I just did i guess. I definitely prefer shounen like this instead of the dragged out hundreds of episode crap that seems to be the thing for it. well 7/10 for me.
Jun 27, 2009 11:14 AM

Jun 2009
I'd say I enjoyed the second half more b/c the whole first half one of the mains (Keita) was either A: Not saying anything, staring off into space B: Just watching Kuro getting the crap beaten out of her, C: Saying something asshole-ish.
Jun 27, 2009 11:20 AM

Aug 2008
it was a nice ending,
but one of the grandkids looked like
kuro
something is fishy here ~_~
Jun 27, 2009 4:52 PM

Feb 2009
I think the ending was quite good from an impartial point of view. Since I like Kuro way better than Akane (even though both were stereotypical characters) I did not like the ending as much as it really was.

v7ch said:
it was a nice ending,
but one of the grandkids looked like
kuro
something is fishy here ~_~

Maybe the authors inserted this fact to show the deep bond between Kuro and Keita (their contract was intact until Keita died so this could have somehow affected this?). Well, sounds a bit stupid, but since the whole series was not that good, it would be fitting.
Jun 30, 2009 4:00 PM

Oct 2007
Worst. Ending. Ever.

I can't really give it up even for the part after the recap. I would have been ok with an ending at 21 for this series. But then again, I felt a rapid decline of interesting plot even before that point, right after Keita wakes up from his coma. Haha, you could say the plot never woke up from its coma even though Keita did. HA.

I fear if I write down what I gave this series, people will throw things at me. I'm a pretty tough grader and a lot of the time, the ending makes or breaks the score I give an anime.
Jul 1, 2009 4:22 AM

Jan 2009
At least Keita died. The theme of the anime was good but the plot was terrible, if Keita had died before the anime was great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2009 5:37 PM

Aug 2008
Did Keita die when he synchronized with Kuro for the last time?
Jul 1, 2009 10:04 PM

Jun 2007
Kallen_R2 said:
Did Keita die when he synchronized with Kuro for the last time?

He used the last bit of his life force to synchronize with Kuro to send her that message.

With that said, this episode was crap. There was no reason to have summary in this episode. They could have easily added in content to tie in all the loose ends that where never answered. Not to mention we see Keita get married and then a min later he's a grandfather. I knew there was going to be time skips but why do so many in such a short amount of time? blaaaa at least Keita and Akane had kids and lived a happy life.

Also wtf was up with Kuro's brother saving Akane but not the women he loved still in the helicopter too? He clearly could have if what we saw in this summary was true. That part made no sense at all. Also Kuro being "sealed" on the holy land was a bunch of BS too. You mean to tell me if she just stayed there from the beginning none of this would have happened lol?
Jul 2, 2009 3:39 PM
Oct 2008
Recaps fail, ending was great.
Jul 4, 2009 2:41 PM

Mar 2009
Zero_r2 said:
grandpa died just before dinner TT_TT

I'm more sad about the fact that

there's few potatoes and beefs without their eater than the fact he died. lol. Pretty damn annoying character.

I have to admit I was facepalming like 25% of the series. Mega exe, Giga exe, Tera exe. Did somebody have skill called "Peta Exe"?
Jul 5, 2009 1:06 AM
Jan 2009
lol recap at the last episode.What the HELL!!! I like the ending but not the recap-_-
Jul 7, 2009 1:25 AM

Feb 2008
i loved the ending and

@LOL RAWFULMAO some yakumo at night ^.~
Jul 7, 2009 3:43 AM

Sep 2007
One question : Zero-Raws have a Kurokami episode 24.
Someone have a explication ?
And i know about the episode bonus DVD but it's in August no ?
Jul 7, 2009 2:01 PM

Jan 2009
Its probably the DVD episode.

That ending was pretty odd for me as I kind of expected a Kuro/Keita ending cos of Reishen/Yuki but to be honest all that recap content could have been added to the actual episodes.

Also reuse of original opening was lame.

The only meaningful bits was the ending but I think somehow by Keita dying, the curse is gone?

I guess the gem stones surrounding the mountain were of importance and her making a constant seal but still ending was really random.

Kinda annoyed as the action was really good in Kurokami.
Jul 7, 2009 8:25 PM

Jul 2008
rawfulmao said:
Adult Keita's face looked awfully fragged up though, too much like Reishin's face.
Poor Kuro had to be all alone (unless she was getting a secret dose of Yakumo every night), while Keita got to live a normal life afterwards.

This! I totally had a panic attack for a fraction of a second when we saw Keita, like wtf reishin PLZ.
And that's what I thought! Must get preettttty lonely being alone for eternity. Reminds me of Robinson Crusoe, anyone?

I actually put off watching this for a while, just didn't feel like it. But I liked this ending, nice toning down since I was 'meh'ing through most of the series.
Jul 9, 2009 8:20 PM

Oct 2007
Oh man...what a waste of an episode. Only the last few minutes was worth watching.
Jul 10, 2009 8:32 PM

Apr 2009
horrible use for the episode. Could have done something else with it or just not have it at all. I want to pick up the manga because from what I hear it is much better than the anime and varies greatly from this.

This is the plot summary of the manga:

"Black God is about a computer programmer who meets a Mototsuitama (divine spirit) over a bowl of ramen and loses an arm because of it. He wakes up the next morning with the arm intact and discovers that every person has a doppleganger and some even have a triple liner."
OmegaoverideJul 10, 2009 8:40 PM
Jul 13, 2009 2:35 PM
Jul 2007
They could have skipped everything but the last 2 minutes honestly.

At least it was a realistic ending though. Even IF Kuro had stayed with Keita he would have died anyway so she's likely better off getting down and dirty with Yakumo.
Jul 22, 2009 3:26 PM

May 2009
Meh, so-so ending. I was hoping for an ending more in the realm of chrono crusade.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Jul 29, 2009 6:34 AM

Nov 2008
I liked the ending, we all already knew that it would be Keita/Akane in the end. Poor Kuro, tho.

Rest of the epiode was a waste, they could've have done better things with the time they had..

I enjoyed the series, in the beginning it was a little bit boring.. But after a couple of episodes it was getting better and better. 8/10
Aug 3, 2009 1:23 PM
Oct 2008
I hate it! I think they shouldn't make this ep. The 22nd episode would be better ending of the story. :/
Aug 9, 2009 3:16 PM

Jul 2009
I found this end very original because it's a recap, and the way of doing it with 2 speaker is also original.
And i found the last minutes very beautiful.
I also can understand that some people want a last episode with a mega-fight like the previous episode
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mflatischler - Jan 15, 2009

101 by Ecchi-Go »»
Apr 4, 5:22 PM

» Is any girl better than Namu at sucking and swallowing long, thick, cylindrical things?

ca5w34 - Nov 5, 2023

2 by ca5w34 »»
Nov 16, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 21 Discussion

noteDhero - Jun 6, 2009

32 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 20 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 29, 2009

31 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.