Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2009 11:00 AM

Apr 2008
Great last episode! Maybe the best last episode of a anime since a long time. Before this episode I thought about changing Higashi no Eden to 8 instead of 9 as I intendet but with such a great ending I can't help but give it a 9.
Unsfzpxkable
Jun 19, 2009 11:26 AM

Nov 2007
It was alright.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jun 19, 2009 11:38 AM

Jul 2008
Pretty good end, excited for the two movies.

I liked how they kept things open, but still achieved some sense of closure. I'm anxious to see how Takizawa will work out as King though.

8/10
Jun 19, 2009 11:41 AM

Jan 2009
Cant wait till the movie

Jun 19, 2009 12:04 PM

Oct 2007
nice series.

9/10
Jun 19, 2009 12:15 PM

Jul 2008
The last few minutes of the episode were quite nice. My feelings towards the show fluctuated a lot during the past few weeks, but after watching this episode I'm really looking forward to the movies.

Sadly, November feels like an eternity away. ;(
Jun 19, 2009 12:26 PM

Apr 2008
Great endinggg. :] Very beautiful, well thought out series.

Can't wait for the moviess!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2009 12:35 PM
Feb 2009
Here's hoping that song gets released on an OST eventually. Why hasn't this been picked up for NA distribution yet? It's pretty cool that the carousel image actually foreshadowed something.
Jun 19, 2009 1:12 PM

Sep 2007
So now Akira is broke but is now the prince of Japan. How does that work exactly? I'm not sure if the Supporter will come or not seeing as they'll have to think about if Akira was actually able to save Japan or not. Some other people said that Akira wiped his memories but if he spent all his remaining money on becoming the prince, how will he have enough money to wipe his memories again?

I also find it interesting that they took a shot of the taxi driver for so long after the girls left it. Perhaps the driver was really Mr. Outside?
WasabiJun 19, 2009 1:15 PM
Jun 19, 2009 1:17 PM
Jan 2008
Cren said:
Are we sure it's the movie and not an entire second season?

At the end of the credits it said something like this where the series logo normally is (pardon me if I got the title of the first one wrong, it was only on TV for a few seconds):
Higashi no Eden
I. The King has Come
II. Paradise Lost

So, logically speaking, unless the movie is subtitled paradise lost...

those are the names of the 2 movies that are coming out.
Jun 19, 2009 1:23 PM
Jan 2008
I felt like he was like Spike at the end. BANG
Jun 19, 2009 1:24 PM

Apr 2007
...and everything went better than expected.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jun 19, 2009 1:30 PM
Dec 2007
The Dawn of the Dead remake with NEETS was absolutely fantastic and the direction was beyond words the whole episode (it can be extended to the whole series though). Oh, and Kenji Kawai's music, although almost forgettable in the first 10 episodes of the show, was absolutely brilliant in this particular episode, which contributed to make it the best of the series. The great final scene, the final twist, the incredible insert song, the resolution of the first part of the scenario (I'm eagerly awaiting the two movies, which seem to be original works too ;)) and the awesome narration, just about everything was perfect.

Extraordinary series, complex and powerful, yet subtle and enjoyable with great romance and comedy mixed in. That's what we call a true masterpiece. My top series of the last 5 years along with Nodame Cantabile & Honey and Clover (how come the three have something to do with josei and were broadcasted in the Noitamina timeslot?) and one of my top 5 of the decade, hands down. This series will be remembered for a long time as the epitome of what has been done at the end of the 2000's, even in 10 or 15 years (assuming Japanese animation isn't dead by then ;)), just like everyone talks about Eva or Cowboy Bebop nowadays. Well, I'd hope so though, because having watched 60 to 80 new series a year for 7 or 8 years now, I don't see anything that comes close to Higashi no Eden in today's Japanese TV production.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 19, 2009 1:32 PM

Jun 2008
Can somebody explain this episode to me?
My english is not that great haha.

And what is now the relationship between taki and saki?

thnq!
Shit happens.
Jun 19, 2009 1:36 PM

Nov 2008
Wasabi said:
1)Some other people said that Akira wiped his memories but if he spent all his remaining money on becoming the prince, how will he have enough money to wipe his memories again?
2)I also find it interesting that they took a shot of the taxi driver for so long after the girls left it. Perhaps the driver was really Mr. Outside?

1) Exactly what I was thinking
2) ya, I was wondering that it's probably going to be some important person that shows up in the next movie.
Jun 19, 2009 1:36 PM

Aug 2008
awesome ep just fantastic. BANG. > ha i was like seriously he asked to be king haha that was epic and more awesome is that 2 movies instead of 1 yippee.
Jun 19, 2009 2:01 PM

Apr 2009
aoikishu said:
Wasabi said:
1)Some other people said that Akira wiped his memories but if he spent all his remaining money on becoming the prince, how will he have enough money to wipe his memories again?
2)I also find it interesting that they took a shot of the taxi driver for so long after the girls left it. Perhaps the driver was really Mr. Outside?

1) Exactly what I was thinking
2) ya, I was wondering that it's probably going to be some important person that shows up in the next movie.

1) Akira probably stopped Juiz before spending all his money. We already saw that sometimes it takes Juiz a couple of seconds to do something bigger than getting info... Something like becoming the king of Japan should take a minute at least! So he probably stopped her, told her to wipe his memory, THEN make him the king. Something on that line.
2) Maybe the shot on the taxy was just some direction choice to divert attention from the action, peace after the storm, as we see sometimes in the movies. It felt like that to me, but the "important character" theory is interesting. :)
Jun 19, 2009 2:03 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Downright awesome, really good episode. I hope the movies will be awesome as well. 9/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 19, 2009 2:04 PM

Feb 2008
aaaaaaah that was awesome. Can't wait for the movies. >.<

@Wasabi: Point 2. Thought the same thing. He must be important.
Jun 19, 2009 2:12 PM

Apr 2009
grapeofdeath said:
cerulean18 said:
^
Movie I: The King of Eden
Movie II: Paradise Lost

So it's 2 movies instead of 1 that I initially assumed.

It's too bad we have to wait until the end of November to see it. It'll be so hard to wait.

Agreed
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jun 19, 2009 2:26 PM

Nov 2008
Desirio said:

Why would he erase his memories again? I'll also bring up what I asked earlier:
aoikishu said:
Erased his memories again? Why do you guys think that? The first time he asked to get brainwashed he had to go to some kind of facility that could do it for him, right?
I think the phone is static because he has no more money to use the phone.

He also gave his phone to Saki after he finished talking to Juiz so... I don't see why he'd be brainwashed?
Jun 19, 2009 2:32 PM

Apr 2009
Pantsu is alive!
Takizawa is King now, huh.
I really really loved this anime, i cant wait for the movies. November, ugh.
Jun 19, 2009 2:36 PM

Jul 2008
PANTSU IS ALIIIVE! Yesssss. I liked King Takizawa's handgun.
Why will I have to wait for the movies :'(
Laughed so hard at the NEET army and Kazuomi's camouflage haha.
And yeah, what's up with the keitai, is he giving it to Saki?
And Takizawa has no money now?
Ehhhhh, I'm really looking forward to the movies.

9/10
Jun 19, 2009 2:37 PM

Nov 2008
as usual,
*sits and waits for the movie(s) *

Jun 19, 2009 3:12 PM
Jan 2009
The movies better be damn good.
Jun 19, 2009 3:16 PM
Dec 2008
cabaret said:
I liked how they kept things open, but still achieved some sense of closure. I'm anxious to see how Takizawa will work out as King though.

I agree. I can't wait for the movies.
Jun 19, 2009 3:19 PM
Jun 19, 2009 3:31 PM
Jun 2009
I really liked this episode, but I didn´t understand the last scene. Everybody is talking about the wiped memories, Takizawa being broke, etc, but this is what I´m interested in:

After he asks Juiz to make him the king,
He says "one more thing, Juiz" as if he will ask for something more. Then he grabs Saki (and keeps holding the phone right to his ear) and he says " Damn this carousel doesn´t have a golden ring."

Then Saki looks at him surprised, then he puts her on the ground (and he still have the phone in his ear) and he looks at Saki, put his phone away for a moment and then again he put the phone on his ear and we hear that strange sound and his mouth hang open...

and he put the cellphone in Sakis pocket.

Could it be that Takizawa wanted to ask Juiz to have Saki as his Queen, but because he spend all his money becoming king, the phone become useless so that could explain that strange noise and his mouth hanging open as in dissapointment...?

Yeah, very corny, but that would be better that having his memories gone again.
ilongaJun 19, 2009 3:51 PM
Jun 19, 2009 3:43 PM

Oct 2007
wtf did i just watch
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2009 4:05 PM

Jan 2008
I just checked back to episode 1 - the sound that comes out of his phone is the same in both episodes: definitely the memory wipe. I'm not worried, I'm sure it will be explained just fine.

FFIX vivi: You convinced me - those two people are definitely the same. I bet Mr. Outside, XII, and The Supporter are all the same person.

At the end of episode 10, Mononobe sees that Seleçao XII "Relocated the real Juiz to a safe location". Then we see in episode 11 Saki and Micchon are being transported to a safe location via a taxi driven by Mr. Outside himself. This leads to me wonder if the "real Juiz" is referring to Saki. Here's what I mean:

Juiz always says to "continue being a messiah" at the end of her phone calls with Takizawa and the other Seleçao. Saki is really the only person we see in the series with an unwavering faith in Takizawa. No matter what the evidence looks like at any time, she always believes in Takizawa and that he is really doing the right thing. In this way, he is like her own messiah. Takizawa tells Juiz "there are plenty of smart guys in the world, but no one willing to take that role [the role of the King]. Even I'd like to avoid it if I could. <b>But if there's just one kid who believes it...</b>"

I think he recognizes that Saki believes in him, and in that way, she is like Juiz to him. I wish I could place thesis on all this speculation. *sigh*
Jun 19, 2009 4:10 PM

Sep 2008
awsom ending for an awsome anime
hehe n_n he becamed a prince of a contriw without kings
this anime just was too awsome thats a pain that its only 11 eps long

looking forward for the movie
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jun 19, 2009 5:01 PM
Jul 2008
"Damn this merry-go-round doesn't have a golden ring" - it was probably a signal for Juiz to erase his memories or change them (after this there was these noise in his mobile phone). Moreover a prince is not a king, so maybe it would take Juiz more time to make him a king and for now he is just a prince, so when he become the king the Supporter will come for him, so he still have a lot time to save this country ;). This ending was really strange and i feel i little bit confused about it. However still it was great and i really enjoyed this show - for me one of the best i've ever seen.
Jun 19, 2009 5:16 PM

Nov 2007
imprecis said:
"Damn this merry-go-round doesn't have a golden ring" - it was probably a signal for Juiz to erase his memories or change them (after this there was these noise in his mobile phone).

^That makes sense. He was probably in the same spot the last time he wiped his memories.

As for him having the money to wipe his mind again, Juiz didn't respond "Noblesse Oblige..." blah blah blah until he finished giving all his requests. So while he said to make him king first, Juiz didn't put it in the history until he finished saying everything.

I have to say, The episode left me sort of speechless. It was amazingly done. Looking back at screencaps, I can't help but stare at the pretty backgrounds though. xD;

cabaret said:
I liked how they kept things open, but still achieved some sense of closure.

Also, ^That. While they're not expecting a new season (Like a show I watch that does that sort of ending too), I like having things left a little open. Room to imagine an ending as you want, but without making it a complete cliffhanger or TOO open ended.

Also, as I said above: pretty background are pretty. Sooo prettyyyy~ ♥
I am mongeesubs. If you can time/typeset and want to help sub Youkai Watch, let me know~
Jun 19, 2009 5:20 PM
Jan 2009
I really like the ending of this episode. Panties is alive! That was still weighing heavily in my mind when he did get hit. Him being alive is like a bonus for me for this anime.

Takizawa's comment on being the "Sundance Kid". That made me smile.
Same goes with the idea of going naked to steal back the laptop, but that blew up as soon as they talked with the NEETS. xD

Are we completely sure that he brainwashed himself again? He may have done it before putting the phone into Saki's pocket, but maybe he was saying something else?
EDIT: After posting this and reading some of the replies, I guess I can understand some theories like the "golden ring" statement...

And besides that, I'm curious as to why he put the phone into Saki's coat pocket. I'm getting excited because I want to know the reason and what role it'll play in the movies.

Not 1, but 2 movies for Higashi no Eden.
I don't watch many animes compared to the manga I read, but for me...10/10.

I'm pumped for the movies, but it's going to be awhile before we can see it. NO!
Jun 19, 2009 5:29 PM

Nov 2007
JePiNaY said:
Are we completely sure that he brainwashed himself again? He may have done it before putting the phone into Saki's pocket, but maybe he was saying something else?

And besides that, I'm curious as to why he put the phone into Saki's coat pocket. I'm getting excited because I want to know the reason and what role it'll play in the movies.

I'd be pretty certain Akira mind wiped himself again. The Sound + Blank Expression pretty much makes it like, the only reasonable explanation.

I think he put it in Saki's pocket because, dunno if this is gonna make sense when I word it though, Now that he's out of money, if the Supporter/Mr. Outside/Juiz/Whoever decides he didn't save Japan, they'll track him down. If they track the phone, they'll find Saki... and oh man I can't word this right...

argh, uhm.... *headdesk* It sounds better in my head, when it's in, like, pictures and fragments and single words. >_<;

Kinda like this: (Going with idea Akira's Mind Wiped again)

-Saki will know what the phone is
-No going though hell to find out how it works again
-No money and Supporter/Mr.Outside/Juiz/Whoever won't kill Saki (who is =/= No.09)
-If he did save Japan, momento for Saki?
-Possible he requested to turn the phone over to Saki?

Ugh, now I've got myself a bit confused...
I am mongeesubs. If you can time/typeset and want to help sub Youkai Watch, let me know~
Jun 19, 2009 5:30 PM
Jun 2009
NyaChan said:
imprecis said:
"Damn this merry-go-round doesn't have a golden ring" - it was probably a signal for Juiz to erase his memories or change them (after this there was these noise in his mobile phone).

^That makes sense. He was probably in the same spot the last time he wiped his memories.

But he was in Washington DC when he loss his memories, isn't? In the first episode when he was naked... Is there any golden ring?
Jun 19, 2009 5:33 PM

Nov 2007
Ha ha nice they completed the series very well as in capped it off in preparation for the movies, this is going to be very very interesting, can't wait for the movies xD!
Jun 19, 2009 6:16 PM

Apr 2008
hahas ... so cool xD bang and a missle comes flying

Jun 19, 2009 6:19 PM
Jun 2009
I don´t know... I'm still thinking that "golden ring" and the phone in Saki´s pocket is just a hint that Saki will play an important role with Takizawa in the "new reign" with him as king and her as queen.

He wanted to ask another thing to Juiz. He said "another thing, Juiz" as if he was to ask for something else. Also, why he put the phone in Saki's pocket? If he erased his memories, he´s not suppose to know who is Saki...

I´m refusing to think that he loss his memories again!!! :p
Jun 19, 2009 6:20 PM

Oct 2008
Nice thought provoking ending. This is the first series I have watched through till the end while it was actually airing so the week long waits were agonising for me. >>

But in the end it was worth it, in my opinion this series lived up to all the hype and really delievered. It was well worth the watch and now I am really looking forward to the movie on the 28 of November. Which, incidentally is straight after my end of year exams. Hopefully some sort of fansub or something comes out quickly after the movie is released.

Overall 9/10

Also; lol Pantsu lives on.
ManifestJun 19, 2009 6:29 PM
Jun 19, 2009 6:23 PM

May 2008
like lol? i guess most ending didnt really please me but this was a very good show

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 19, 2009 6:37 PM

Jul 2008
NOO it finally ended T.T
seems like this anime did end with a BANG =D
looking forward in seeing the movie
Jun 19, 2009 7:02 PM

Aug 2007
Anyone know the insert song when the missiles were flying about?
Jun 19, 2009 7:13 PM

Feb 2009
awesome, cant wait for the movie, i wonder what the movie will be about though?
Anime makes me smile!

:-)
Jun 19, 2009 7:38 PM

Feb 2009
NyaChan said:

I'd be pretty certain Akira mind wiped himself again. The Sound + Blank Expression pretty much makes it like, the only reasonable explanation.

Yeah, if you watch the first episode, when Taki shows up at the White House, you can hear the phone make some funky noise and his face gets the same expression.

I was really pleased with the ending. I don't even care if everything wasn't explained, it doesn't need to be. The movies will hopefully provide the closure though.

And you guys are being way too analytical with the order of his last requests. Like seriously, lol.
Jun 19, 2009 8:08 PM

Jan 2009
ilonga said:
I don´t know... I'm still thinking that "golden ring" and the phone in Saki´s pocket is just a hint that Saki will play an important role with Takizawa in the "new reign" with him as king and her as queen.

He wanted to ask another thing to Juiz. He said "another thing, Juiz" as if he was to ask for something else. Also, why he put the phone in Saki's pocket? If he erased his memories, he´s not suppose to know who is Saki...

I´m refusing to think that he loss his memories again!!! :p

I agree with you. For all we know is that sound refreshed all his own memory's(now that he's fixed everything).
Jun 19, 2009 9:02 PM

Sep 2008
BANG!
Jun 19, 2009 9:02 PM

Nov 2006
I hope someone records a cam version of the movies...not going to be able to wait for the DVDs. :<
Jun 19, 2009 9:11 PM

Jun 2007
My thoughts on what happed.

1) Taxi driver is Mr. Outsider or another member with a phone. I'm leaning more towards him being Mr. Outsider. The reason I think this is, as someone pointed out above, they spent to much time focused on him and his grin at the end. There's also the fact that his lower jaw resembles the guy we saw in the shadows before.

He's waiting outside so who knows what's going to happen in the movie. Will he reveal himself right off or not ;).

2) As I mentioned in the last episode, Takizawa could spend all his money without being killed as long as Juiz felt he saved the nation.

Now a few things are gonna happen. Since Takizawa requested something that cant happen instantly, Juiz cant kill him until his prince/king request is fulfilled. She basically has to slice up his big request into millions of little requests that will result in him becoming a prince. I'm guessing that's why the first movie is titles "The King has Come". From her comment "may you be a splendid prince by the time we meet" it's clear they will meet be it as friends or enemy's.
Second she has to determine if his past actions deem him the savior of the country. Which he is, but as member 1 said, this country is far from being saved. So we can assume he didn't win yet.

3) His last request is related to Saki. Right before the static on the phone he says "Damn this merry go round doesn't have a golden ring". Could mean he wanted to have juiz list them as a married couple in Japan (gold rings symbolize marriage). This way when he is King she will continue to be by his side and support him. It's a long stretch but I figured I'd mention it.

4) Theres a problem with everyone's assumption that Takizawa got his memories erased. The problem is there's 5 people (including Saki) that know everything he's done. Not to mention 20K NEETS. There's no stopping them from filling him in on all the details. So I'm having trouble trying to figure out why he would request a memory wipe. If it really was a memory wipe I can only guess he did it as a fresh start to keep himself pure and uninfluenced by everything that's happed. It makes sense but at the same time it seems kind of...cheap.
Jun 19, 2009 9:13 PM
Oct 2007
I'm glad I saved the last 3 episodes to watch together. It made a big difference to the level at which I enjoy this show. Now wait for the movie(s).
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Bakayaro - Apr 23, 2009

201 by Skorobagatio »»
Oct 6, 2022 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.