Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2009 10:33 AM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
that was very clever of sakura, the way she captured the clow card.
Aug 2, 2009 5:09 PM

Jun 2007
you have to love the leave it to kero bits :)
I completely forgot about them
Mar 28, 2010 9:17 PM

Jan 2010
Like they say, everything's better with penguins. =D

I love how the adorable fights in this anime are much more clever than the average shonen duel. XD

I'm really curious how Tomoya is video taping all this though, as Kero pointed out at the end there. She's somehow running alongside the water creature during all this. o_o
May 30, 2010 3:44 PM

Nov 2009
Cholisose said:
Like they say, everything's better with penguins. =D

I love how the adorable fights in this anime are much more clever than the average shonen duel. XD

I'm really curious how Tomoya is video taping all this though, as Kero pointed out at the end there. She's somehow running alongside the water creature during all this. o_o

-Spoiler-
You have to remember that this was all a test for sakura, which means that mostly all of the cards wont activate neither show themselves without sakura around. So in other words the cards want to harm her to test if she is the new master of the cards.
-Spoiler-

Great episode, for some reason i prefer sakura in cute dresses over muscled men kicking ass and using strange magic
I think i saw a cookie monster!

No wait, its just death.
Sep 12, 2010 2:14 PM
Jul 2010
I remember this used to be one of my favorite episodes in this show even if it is only the 3rd. I totally love the way Sakura captured this card and I also really like Watery.

Well, whatever, it just feels so nice to rewatch this after so much time...
Feb 13, 2011 3:53 AM

Dec 2010
Sakura is fucking adorable. Nuff said :-D
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Jun 13, 2011 5:48 PM

Jun 2009
Awww I so remember this ep!!
And omg the opening and ending bring back so much memories!!
Awww!!!
Yeah sakura is inteligent :)
Loved the date >.<
Mar 20, 2012 10:18 PM

May 2010
Are these feelings of moe blossoming in my heart? God damn, this shit is way too cute!
“Money can't buy dere”
Jun 22, 2012 7:58 AM

Mar 2012
I liked it more than I thought I would. I tend not to be a fan of those kinds of love stories, but it was well done in this episode. I disliked that she basically didn't use any cards to capture watery. I mean, she used wind a little, but not that much. I want to see what shadow can do...

But I liked it a lot!
"So say we all" -Battlestar Galactica Ritual Chant
Dec 21, 2012 8:04 AM

Jun 2009
teasaveslives said:
Sakura is fucking adorable. Nuff said :-D

This. I usually am not swayed by cuteness....but Sakura is probably the most adorable character I've seen. I think it's the cute as fuck facial expressions she makes.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 21, 2013 12:10 AM

Jul 2008
Yes she is way too cute and strangely enough its not annoying at least not yet. Is it strange I wanted to go out and buy her a big stuffed penguin?
Feb 21, 2013 10:32 AM
Sep 2011
WolfWood37 said:
Yes she is way too cute and strangely enough its not annoying at least not yet. Is it strange I wanted to go out and buy her a big stuffed penguin?

Yes.

How could you want to buy her ONLY ONE stuffed animal? Her room needs to be flooded with them.
Feb 23, 2013 12:39 AM

Jul 2008
RLinksoul said:
WolfWood37 said:

Yes.

How could you want to buy her ONLY ONE stuffed animal? Her room needs to be flooded with them.

Well because Penguins are her favorite.

However a hundred stuffed penguins...you're right a hundred stuffed penguins it is.
Mar 8, 2014 3:06 PM

Feb 2014
SAKURA IS SO FUCKING ADORABLE.... YUKITO IS ALSO REALLY FUCKING ADORABLE........ not like as a couple bc he's 8 years older than her and also gay but. they are precious children
Apr 18, 2014 9:31 AM
Nov 2013
I remember watching this episode in Spanish and I didn't understand one word.
Jan 21, 2015 12:21 PM

Feb 2008
I had to laugh when she put a penguin's life above a human's life.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 2, 2015 9:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Sakura's smart. If you can't capture a card in it's current state, change it. Amazing how she already has 2/4 basic cards, Windy and Water.

Tomoyo needs some love as well.I liked how she just joined in and began stalking Sakura lol

Keberos trolling that kid xD

Jun 27, 2016 6:42 PM

Oct 2013
She wants the D...
Jul 3, 2016 1:37 PM
May 2014
Another top quality episode. Sakura's outfit in this episode reminded me a lot of Nights into Dreams on the Sega Saturn. God damn that was a hell of a game, it's got the same 90's feel that this show has come to think of it.

A lot of people rip on stuff like this for being formulaic and following "monster of the week" plots, but idk I love familiarity so that's not a problem for me. Plus the scenes with Sakura and Yukita were pretty cute, not gonna lie.
Oct 5, 2016 9:52 PM

Aug 2014
Oddball thought of the day: If they had a little more personality, I'd ship Windy and Watery. I guess that's basically like device shipping..?

Tomoyo pervs out again, and I think even harder this time, unless she's got a zettai-ryōki fetish. And the date doesn't worry her coz she knows Yuki's too much older than Sakura to be a threat. XD Or she'll take both of them~

I keep waiting for Kerberos to stop being useless in battle. DO SOMETHING!

I'm not gonna make a joke about Sakura getting wood. I'm not.
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Oct 5, 2016 9:53 PM

Nov 2014
Yukio. I know that a lot of fangirls ship him and Touya. I have nothing against anyone being bi/gay. I like yukio. He's a pretty male. However I don't like penguins. They're scary. :(
Jan 15, 2017 6:44 AM

Nov 2016
Really good episode. I am enjoying this immensely. I question why I never got into it as a kid.
Jun 19, 2017 1:36 AM

Aug 2007
I remember this episode really well. I love how Sakura captures WATERY.
Also, her outfit reminds me of the Jack Frost mascot.

Sep 14, 2017 12:07 AM

Dec 2016
I can't remember the last time I went to an aquarium, I really should go around sometime in the near future, I do like marine wildlife.

Pretty funny watching Sakura throughout this episode due to her love for Yukito

Nice thinking there leading it into a freezer, that stopped it in no time.

Nov 8, 2017 11:02 AM

Nov 2011
I love when at the end of the episode, Cerbero points to the dress worn by Sakura. Interestingly, the plot has already made a new leap for card capture. Although not too difficult to understand, it was great to see Sakura rush the brain to find a solution against the Water Spirit card. The part devoted to the action was interesting, albeit not overwhelming.
Dec 5, 2017 8:42 PM

Sep 2013
I'm calling it now, Yukito is a fucking alien
Feb 3, 2018 11:27 AM

Jan 2018
What a savage Yukito is, taking his best friend's little sister on a date, xD just kidding he probably sees her as a young sister too.

Feb 8, 2018 8:42 PM

Jun 2017
QueenBen said:
What a savage Yukito is, taking his best friend's little sister on a date, xD just kidding he probably sees her as a young sister too.

And in a place where her brother works...could this have any purpose? XD
"The Stairs to Adulthood May Not Always Lead Up" - Gintama.: Porori-hen - episode 1
Mar 22, 2018 1:34 PM

Sep 2017
The episode was awesome. Sakura used her brains and defeated WATERY. Thank god WINDY didn't escape first.

Cardcaptor Sakura is really great. Even Sakura's waterproof costume serves a point. Kero-chan also leaves a lampshade hanging on the ridiculous camerawork in the show. I also figured out how to capture WATERY same time as Sakura did. I think these kind of heroes, where you figure out everything at the same time they do, is pretty interesting.

Thankfully, all the CLOW cards are in the same city, for now. I am hoping to see when Sakura will use the SHADOW card and also when 2 cards become better together.

Sakura using the FLY card was awesome. Also WINDY was kinda good.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 4, 2018 12:55 AM

May 2016
Yukito's twice her size so it's pretty weird seeing them on a "date" even if there's nothing wrong about that lol Sakura fawning over him in her room was adorable as hell though~

I didn't think about how to capture Watery until my lady friend spoiled me lel Attempting to drown both a human and a penguin was surprisingly dark for this show just like how it tried to drown Sakura too x_x

Jan 8, 2019 12:13 PM

Dec 2014
so like a watery card shown...hmmm
Mar 24, 2019 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
I agree with everyone here, Sakura is way too cute, I don't know how you guys watch this without dying from cuteness.

Cool episode. I like how each fight is very different from the others and they have to come up with new things to deal with the cards. Really good stuff.
Apr 16, 2019 4:16 PM
Aug 2018
Does anyone else think it's creepy how a 4th grader is attracted (love? admiration?) towards a 11th grader?
She is 10, he is 17....

And she really calls it a "date". And her best friend doesn't mind it either. I wonder what the brother thinks about this. Well, the expressions on his face do show that he seems to know what his sisters intentions are. Disturbing.

I just hope Yukito will never return her "feelings", because that would make this really creepy.

Was something like this common in the Japan of the 90s? The mangaka must have had some form of inspiration to come up with something like this. And nobody stopped them..

Oh, and it looks like nobody seems to notice or care that there is a flying cuddly toy next to Tomoyo.
tr25a3Apr 17, 2019 3:02 PM
Jun 21, 2019 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
I don't know if I should be rooting for a fourth-grader and a high-schooler or not...curse you, CLAMP.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 9, 2019 12:05 PM
Sep 2007
LOL @ Tomoya totally not spying on Sakura... Her camera seems to have infinite tape ^_^.
Hm.. isn't that guy a little bit too old for her? Apparenly in shoujo age difference is not a problem, as long as the guy is the older one. It looks like I should go for highschool girls now (I'm 33).

I hope that Yukito actually treats Sakura as "just a kid" and only trying to be nice to the sister of his friend.
korsarzJul 9, 2019 12:09 PM
Jul 11, 2019 7:52 AM
Aug 2015
Finally got round to watching this show and I'm surprised how good the animation is. One thing annoyed me with this episode though - the huge recap halfway through... but having noticed the difference in title from the dub to the sub I dug around for a sub and watched it.
Hang on, am I watching the same episode? Wow, the dubbed version was really butchered - they obviously decided to remove the 'crush on an older guy' sub-plot and were left with so little episode they had to fill it with recap!
Also there was no 'you can only combine 2 cards' restriction... or the need to use multiple cards to capture Watery.
Really changes the story and the Japanese version has far more impact.
I'll definitely be hunting out sub versions for the rest - it's a real shame I can't actually buy it! (Ignoring Asian Government sanctioned *cough-pirate-cough* copies that is).
Apr 9, 2020 2:14 AM

Aug 2017
Oh I love the aquarium and this episode was really well animated! It was adorable to see how much Sakura cared about the penguins. Hm, so she captured Watery now and she did it in a very clever way. Also, Yukito is a sweetheart, although I assume he just sees Sakura as his little sister instead of a love interest like Sakura does :P Can't wait to see the power of the Shadow card though!
Sep 12, 2020 4:32 AM

Feb 2017
Sakura's outfits are cute, Tomoyo has a great taste
Apr 20, 2021 2:02 PM

Aug 2018
lol, just why Sakura's big brother is behaving like a child, doing things to Sakura here and there.. Man, how old are you, bruh.. ;D I'd understand, if Sakura would be like that as well.. But it's Touya who starts doing rude things first all the time..
By the way.. Old 1998, when anime was released.. Mobile phones were only starting to get popular.. Like famous Nokia 3310 was released at September 2000.. So many things changed in these 20 years technologically.. It's just crazy..
Hm.. With how Yukito comments on saying that big fish is just right to eat for one person.. And how he's interested in extra large portion offer from Touya at the cafe.. I wonder, if Yukito likes to eat a lot..
May 24, 2021 8:23 PM

Jun 2014
Sakura had to use her head to figure out how to catch the water card, and it worked.

They sure have an obsession with berets in this show, but they look great, so I won't complain.

Jun 28, 2021 12:55 PM

Jan 2021
Sakura really Is adorableeee!!<333
Feb 5, 2022 2:52 AM
May 2021
Watching a 1998 anime feels different. I love mostly everything about Tomoyo and the clothes Sakura wears. In each episode, it changes and I'm mostly excited about that ^_^
Mar 27, 4:24 PM
Dec 2023
the whole sakura and yukito thing made me a little uncomfy

but i thought the way sakura captured the card was really smart and its probably bad that this 4th grader is smarter than me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 43 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 9, 2009

38 by Ch0coPudding »»
Apr 30, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 37 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 7, 2009

36 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 8, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Sep 12, 2008

76 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 57 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 25, 2010

46 by johneaston »»
Apr 6, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jun 29, 2009

36 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.