Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 14, 2009 12:34 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woowee!! Loved this episode. New characters introduced and everyone all dressed up. cute cute.
Jun 14, 2009 4:03 PM
Feb 2007
Saw screenshots, looks like another filler with no relation to the game or any of the missions. Series dropped.
Jun 15, 2009 5:10 PM
Jul 2018
Not bad, it's more complicated than game for sure.

The best line of the episode:
Jaegar(Snake): Sneaking in is my hobby!

classic line, especially if you know who the Jaegar's voice actor is

ps.
Jun 15, 2009 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
skygtr said:
Saw screenshots, looks like another filler with no relation to the game or any of the missions. Series dropped.

did you even play the game? this is actually one of the turning points in the game.
Jun 16, 2009 1:22 PM
Feb 2007
funsohng said:
skygtr said:

did you even play the game? this is actually one of the turning points in the game.

Last time I played the game Cordelia didn't have blue hair.
Jun 16, 2009 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
skygtr said:
funsohng said:
skygtr said:

Last time I played the game Cordelia didn't have blue hair.

Jun 16, 2009 10:32 PM

May 2009
Lol the anime is different from the game, don't compare the two if you can help it. They complement each other.

Anyway, this is a nice episode. To build up for the next few episodes that will probably be jetpacked full of action.
Jun 17, 2009 10:19 PM

Apr 2008
Why's Napoleon on a unicorn?

Jun 17, 2009 11:15 PM

May 2009
LOL producers' joke! didn't even notice it. You have sharp eyes.
Jun 18, 2009 12:38 AM

May 2008
Alright episode.
I had a feeling something was wrong with the guy/ambassador..
Alicia looked cute in that dress ^^
Jun 18, 2009 12:45 AM
Nov 2007
People complaining about it not following the game need to give it a rest. Especially if one of your reasons is because a character's hair color is different. Some pretty weak shit right there.

Anyways, I didn't mind this episode compared to last week as it looks like the next episode will actually pick up a little bit.
Jun 18, 2009 1:31 AM

Sep 2008
Alicia looked absolutely cute!

But why is Isara allowed to bring a pig to the ball?! =.=;
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Jun 18, 2009 5:22 AM

May 2008
lols looks like its time for Welkin and Faldio to save the day woohoo

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 18, 2009 8:52 AM
May 2009
Booooo to the Faldio/Alicia moment =(
Jun 18, 2009 9:17 AM

Dec 2007
the game story is better, there is alot of redundancy in the anime

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jun 18, 2009 11:29 AM

Sep 2008
Great episode. Alicia and Selvaria looked smashing! Eventhough Cordelia's hair was different, I like it.
Jun 18, 2009 11:55 AM
Mar 2009
oh no she gotz kidnapped!!! by that guy!! oh no welkin better save her and alicia!!

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Jun 18, 2009 12:26 PM

May 2009
Good episode. Alicia looked so cute in that dress! :3

Looks like there will be some more action next episode. Nice.
stAtic91Jun 18, 2009 12:29 PM
Jun 18, 2009 12:27 PM

Jul 2008
great alicia and the princess have been kidnapped, that regent guy obviously wants the throne for himself
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 18, 2009 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
Bys said:
Booooo to the Faldio/Alicia moment =(

My thoughts exactly.

Next week's episode looks fun. Looking forward to it.
Jun 18, 2009 2:29 PM
Dec 2007
Nice developments there and a quite nice episode overall. Well, not revolutionary though.

rlime said:

Yeah, talk me about it !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 18, 2009 3:56 PM

Jan 2009
Dsrtstorm said:
People complaining about it not following the game need to give it a rest. Especially if one of your reasons is because a character's hair color is different. Some pretty weak shit right there.

Next time people bitch moan about the game/anime look at wikia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyria_Chronicles

An anime adaptation, based more closely on the manga than the game

Some of the events depicted has diverged a bit from the game.

Freaking emos ...
Jun 18, 2009 5:23 PM

Aug 2008
The highlight of the ep was Hans in suit! \o/
Jun 18, 2009 5:34 PM

Dec 2007
Dsrtstorm said:

I don't really care about the deviations (as long as the general plot is the same), but shut up if you have no idea about the game's plot. The difference in her hair color is a major change. It's probably just dyed though, since I can't imagine that they're going to leave out that twist.

Anyway, I loved the episde in any case :3
Jun 18, 2009 5:39 PM

Feb 2009
Seeing Selvaria in an evening dress was the only thing I liked in this episode.

This show is becoming really boring, too many fillers imo and they don't seem to want to animate the battles.

Jun 18, 2009 6:17 PM

Apr 2009
I am not really seeing the filler factor that people are complaining about, and I have played the game like 5 times. I kinda like see it as a expansion on what I already know, but that's just me. They could have made this a short 13 episode series, but I don think I would be happy with that. Oh on a personal note Cordelia with gray hair seriously? should have been blond :)
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jun 18, 2009 7:08 PM

Apr 2008
Alicia seems to get into trouble easily

Jun 18, 2009 8:00 PM

Oct 2007
Wtf nobody is calling BS on this episode? How does TWO of the leading generals in the opposing army just waltz into the castle? Then once the main characters realize that atleast Selvia is there why in God's name don't they report that to the guards? Galvia has the worst intelligence branch I've ever heard of to not know what the hell the generals look like. Before somebody mentions that the Regent let them in, that doesn't work. This is because they had to have peasants(or people who look like peasants) take the princess away which means the Guards are not in on it. Then Maximillain is a class A retard for sending his TOP TWO GENERALS out of THREE to the enemies main headquarters instead of some assistants or something. My god the stupidity in this episode was amazing.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jun 18, 2009 11:54 PM

Feb 2009
Selvaria dress :333

I liked this epd, wasn't nothing spectacular though.
Jun 19, 2009 1:43 AM

Sep 2007
The princess was extremely disappointing character & personality wise. Probably the most boring character ever shown in this series... hope next ep will fair better with the focus being on her. bleh
Jun 19, 2009 2:07 AM

Apr 2009
Jarmel said:
Wtf nobody is calling BS on this episode? How does TWO of the leading generals in the opposing army just waltz into the castle? Then once the main characters realize that atleast Selvia is there why in God's name don't they report that to the guards? Galvia has the worst intelligence branch I've ever heard of to not know what the hell the generals look like. Before somebody mentions that the Regent let them in, that doesn't work. This is because they had to have peasants(or people who look like peasants) take the princess away which means the Guards are not in on it. Then Maximillain is a class A retard for sending his TOP TWO GENERALS out of THREE to the enemies main headquarters instead of some assistants or something. My god the stupidity in this episode was amazing.

Sad but true
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jun 19, 2009 4:49 AM

Jul 2008
Faldio x Alicia moment wasn't that nice but ...

Isn't she cute ? *----*

Jun 19, 2009 6:26 AM
Aug 2008

That's what I initially thought during the episode but I don't watch this for its believability or coherency. I guess neither parties wanted to be hostile or show animosity. Also for the random people from far away lands/nearby attracted attention to the two generals but no one notices and the security in the front is virtually non-existent. I guess fake ID, fake wife&husband, fake rich dresses lets you in. I guess they infiltrated their way in from the parameters (5 or 10 km) away from the building thus there is no security inside and also corruption was also present (kidnapping), inside-job and betrayal (thus might be the reason why they didn't get noticed earlier). The intelligence branch is pretty bad..
NequamJun 19, 2009 6:30 AM
Jun 19, 2009 12:41 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode, that was pretty funny to see Selvaria and Jaeger like a couple ^^
Alicia's dress was also super cute, nice bonus :)

Except that, i think they made a big mistake with the princess' hair... or it's really a wig, like someone suggested.
Jun 19, 2009 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
Dsrtstorm said:

Anyways, I didn't mind this episode compared to last week as it looks like the next episode will actually pick up a little bit.

if you havent played the game it's better to stay quiet
you dont even know how big that hair colour affects the storyline
Jun 20, 2009 12:25 AM

Jun 2007
funsohng said:
Dsrtstorm said:

if you havent played the game it's better to stay quiet
you dont even know how big that hair colour affects the storyline

If you have played the game it's better to stay quiet so the rest of us don't have to listen to the constant complaints about something that might or might not be relevant in the anime.
Jun 22, 2009 12:55 PM

Jun 2008
Dsrtstorm said:

Exactly.

Great episode.
Jun 24, 2009 9:26 PM

Jun 2007
I liked the episode. Enjoyable in my opinion. And usually i'm the one bitching about filler episodes.

Wish i hadn't read soms of the comments above or I would not have been spoiled. But then again maybe they changed somethings. We'll see.

And yeah why is Hans allowed to go to the ball?

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Jun 25, 2009 5:30 AM

Jun 2008
Interesting turn of event...
Jun 25, 2009 1:02 PM
Jan 2009
Jacut said:
Nice developments there and a quite nice episode overall. Well, not revolutionary though.

rlime said:

Yeah, talk me about it !

Despite the popular opinions the Domestic variety of Pigs are very clean animals and piglets has been used as pets even among noblewomen.
So it would seem an eccentric behavior, but noting unheard of.
Jul 3, 2009 9:36 PM

Jun 2008
This was a nice episode. We had some plot development that makes things exciting for next episode and everybody looked really good all dressed up and staff. Alicia was extra cute and that quite princess manage to make us wonder even though she almost didn't say a word.

The anime is good with a relaxing cute atmosphere and i don't even give a shit if it's completely different from the game. Alone as an anime is enjoyable.
Jul 9, 2009 6:53 AM
Nov 2008
why do i have the strange feeling that faldio will try to steal alicia away if welkin doesn't do smth fast?...it's just me..
ANyway..the pig was so cute..all dressed up..^^ kawaii..all in all an interesting episode,as always.

I didn't play the game,i don't even have money for ps3-.-..expensive shit , but i never liked ppl comparing 2 different things and getting subjective...PPL..anime is anime..game is game..it only says 'based on the game' doesn't mean they have to copy it
As far as i can tell in these 11 episodes..it's a very good anime if you view it objectively
Jul 14, 2009 11:05 PM

Jun 2009
Except for the fact that Alicia was kidnapped, there was a part of the game just like this. So, it really isn't filler. Well, Selvaria and Jaeger weren't there either, and I can't remember if the regent had anything to do with it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 15, 2009 5:07 AM

Jul 2008
Dirty, its always the one closest to the "one" that is the betrayer. Here's to some Welkin saving Alicia action in the future.
Jul 24, 2009 8:54 PM

Nov 2007
Interesting episode, fast plot movement following episodes should be fun to watch.
Aug 3, 2009 3:32 AM

Jan 2008
The princess and Alicia kidnapped? D:
Aug 10, 2009 1:51 PM

Jun 2008
Good episode, even if it was kind of like a filler to the main plot...at least until the ending.
Aug 15, 2009 9:37 PM

Dec 2007
Alicia and Selvaria looked absolutely cute! While I haven't played the game yet, I don't mind about Cordelia's hair in anime.
gameoffreak8Aug 15, 2009 9:51 PM
Aug 23, 2009 11:02 AM

Jul 2008
woah so they got kidnapped. indeed a nice development.

Sep 29, 2009 5:57 PM

Aug 2007
Princess hair is different...unless its a wig but in my opinion she looks better with long white hair =P
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.