Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu' Anime Adaptation Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 2014 10:05 AM
Dec 2011
Nucksen said:
Oh no! Now the hipsters and pseudo intellectuals will never shut up...Guess i'll stay away from any anime forum this year

What? Or you are the one here who is hipster or pseudo intellectual.
Feb 12, 2014 10:07 AM

Nov 2012
Wind_Sr said:
but rather will be adapting more from the original novels.

so... is it gonna be a sequel ??? because I'm too lazy to watch 100+ episodes of the original adaptation
Feb 12, 2014 10:07 AM

Mar 2008
ranzero said:
so... is it gonna be a sequel ??? because I'm too lazy to watch 100+ episodes of the original adaptation
This is the wrong attitude. Go watch the film: My Conquest is the Sea of Stars. Then proceed to dine on relish.

aiueowave said:
Nucksen said:
Oh no! Now the hipsters and pseudo intellectuals will never shut up...Guess i'll stay away from any anime forum this year

Now, now. Let's keep the faeces-slinging till the fifth page.
Feb 12, 2014 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
I consider the OVA one of the best anime ever, but I'm still looking forward to this, since it will be more faithful to the novels that I sadly have yet to read. Hope the orginal cast and staff returns, especially Ishiguro and Horikawa (he's the only Reinhard).
Feb 12, 2014 10:09 AM

Jun 2012
Not a remake hmmm
I might still watch it.
Feb 12, 2014 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
WTF. Ok...this is pretty awesome. Probably the most surprising anime news in a long time.
Feb 12, 2014 10:11 AM

Jul 2010
insan3Spectre said:
Ckan said:
insan3Spectre said:
JohnLock said:
What.

Wow, this is good news for the fanboys. I think I'll watch this new adaptation.

It's good news for anime as a whole, it's just not everybody knows it yet.

Seriously, no matter how it turns out I am looking forward to this. This out of left field announcement totally sucker punched Fate/stay night and Stardust Crusaders to become my most anticipated anime.
I think it's time. Shall we say it again?

ANIME IS SAVED, ONCE MORE AND FOREVER.

And all viewers will rise and chant SEIG KAISER REINHARD and praise the Magician.

+1 Anime is TRULY saved.
Prosit guys.

Anyway, THIS, SC and Mushishi are the most ones which I'm looking forward.
Feb 12, 2014 10:11 AM

Sep 2012
Thats good and all but where is my MAL entry so I can put it in my fav already.
Feb 12, 2014 10:12 AM

Feb 2012
aiueowave said:
Nucksen said:

I just dislike those fandoms, who will never shut the f*ck up. LoGH was quite good, but seriously, It's suffering the Citizen Kane syndrome: You have to like it, or the "cool kids" and wannabe experts will arrogantly laugh at your taste and question your sanity, intelligence, whatever. No matter how good an anime is, such fandoms ruin it forever
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Feb 12, 2014 10:13 AM

Mar 2008
Nucksen said:
I just dislike those fandoms, who will never shut the f*ck up. LoGH was quite good, but seriously, It's suffering the Citizen Kane syndrome: You have to like it, or the "cool kids" and wannabe experts will arrogantly laugh at your taste and question your sanity, intelligence, whatever. No matter how good an anime is, such fandoms ruin it forever
Letting fandoms 'ruin' things for you, is the worst invention of all time.

deadleeserious said:
WTF. Ok...this is pretty awesome. Probably the most surprising anime news in a long time.
Inferno_Cop said:
Thats good and all but where is my MAL entry so I can put it in my fav already.

This day, we celebrate. Tomorrow, we take MAL, then the world!
Feb 12, 2014 10:14 AM

Jan 2012
So what is this like a new adaption of the entire series? If so I am excited but I will miss reinhard and wenli's old voice actors. :(

Space battles HD... fuck yeah!!!
you sound poor
Feb 12, 2014 10:16 AM

Oct 2008
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 2008
Nucksen said:
aiueowave said:
Nucksen said:

You've watched it? Why is it in your plan to watch list?

Oct 2007
I have mixed feelings about this considering the original is pretty much tied with Gundam as my all time favorite anime franchise. They'd really have to get the tone and gravity of the dialogue and characters right as well as really understand their motivations and what makes them who they are as well as set aside at least 100 episodes to match up to the classic. Also I just can't picture anyone other than the original cast in the roles of the respective characters now.

Of course if it does turn out inferior I'll always have the original OVA series and it'll expose more people to the saga so that should prove interesting if it's even half as well directed, written and acted as it was. I just ask please no gimmick studios like Shaft involved in this for the love of god as unlikely as it would be for them to get picked for something like this anyway. Someone that has a strong track record with adapting sci-fi works like Sunrise, I.G, Madhouse or hell even Artland who seems to be active again with Mushishi (is this announcement related to their sudden revival) if they can be given the proper budget to work with it.
Feb 12, 2014 10:17 AM

Feb 2012
Ckan said:

Because i do not update my list permanently. Let me fix this for you...
Feb 12, 2014 10:18 AM

May 2013
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
Stark700 said:
I wonder which studio will animate this.
I'd like to see Madhouse do it.

Sure? After Mahou Sensou I wouldn't let them do a show I actually like if my life depended on it.

Feb 12, 2014 10:18 AM

Mar 2008
Nucksen said:
notCkan said:

I am not the villain that exists, but the one you deserve. You fabricate like a Phezzan Terraist.
Feb 12, 2014 10:19 AM
Dec 2011
Nucksen said:
aiueowave said:
Nucksen said:

Who cares about them, just ignore it.
Feb 12, 2014 10:20 AM

Dec 2007
VanishingKira said:
Would be great if Bones animated it.

If White Fox does it, the score on this site will be 9.76.
Feb 12, 2014 10:21 AM

Feb 2012
Ckan said:
Nucksen said:
Ckan said:

I am not the villain that exists, but the one you deserve.
aiueowave said:
Nucksen said:
aiueowave said:
Nucksen said:

Who cares about them, just ignore it.

I try, but some of them are way too annoying
Nov 2013
Ckan is drunk by joy.

Jun 2012
They should just let Zexcs turn the greatest anime series into the greatest trainwreck in history. With Yamakan as director.
Feb 12, 2014 10:22 AM

Mar 2008
Rashkolnikov said:
Ckan is drunk by joy.
When tipsy, I slay people who speak badly of me, such did Iskander and other GREAT MEN of PRUDISH PUREWHITE REPUTE SUCH AS I!

Nucksen said:
Ckan said:
Nucksen said:
notactuallyaCkan said:

I am not the villain that exists, but the one you deserve.

I try, but some of them are way too annoying
But seriously, please stop misquoting me or I'll cry. I'm a sensitive evil.
CkanFeb 12, 2014 10:28 AM
Feb 12, 2014 10:23 AM

Feb 2010
I don't know if an LoGH remake is financially viable in today's...anime industry.
Feb 12, 2014 10:23 AM

Jun 2009
Valkyrion said:
They should just let Zexcs turn the greatest anime series into the greatest trainwreck in history. With Yamakan as director.

I've got to admit that a version of LoGH done badly could be entertaining in it's own way.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 12, 2014 10:26 AM

Oct 2008
insan3Spectre said:
Valkyrion said:

I've got to admit that a version of LoGH done badly could be entertaining in it's own way.

Yeah, but we already have that. It's called Golden Wings, lol.
Feb 12, 2014 10:26 AM

Oct 2007
Please, let it be Satelight. I want some idols to spice it up.
Feb 12, 2014 10:27 AM

Sep 2008
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE
Feb 12, 2014 10:28 AM
Nov 2013
Now I have to marathon the series, this news gave me a boner.
Feb 12, 2014 10:29 AM

Aug 2009
Valkyrion said:
They should just let Zexcs turn the greatest anime series into the greatest trainwreck animated work in history. With Yamakan as director.

And Yuki Kaji as Oberstein, Jun Maeda and Okada Mari working on the script to make it more appropriate for the modern times, and character designs improved by Naruko Hanaharu (the author of Gargantia and tons of hentai).

Jun 2009
HATUL said:
insan3Spectre said:
Valkyrion said:

Yeah, but we already have that. It's called Golden Wings, lol.

I've never heard of that. Seriously, I don't think it exists. Really. I'm telling you it doesn't exist! So don't you dare link me to this movie that I deny the existence of !
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Jan 2011
YES! I can't wait for more wine sipping and glorious strategic battles set to classical music.
[center]
Feb 12, 2014 10:31 AM

Mar 2008
VioLink said:
YES! I can't wait for more wine sipping and glorious strategic battles set to classical music.
You mean to say it won't be happy teatime with cute girl idols and combining ships? What about my JAM PROJECT and robotto valkyries? This can't be right.
I demand that cowardly Yang be given the harem he deserves!
Feb 12, 2014 10:34 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hayayandere said:
I consider the OVA one of the best anime ever, but I'm still looking forward to this, since it will be more faithful to the novels that I sadly have yet to read. Hope the orginal cast and staff returns, especially Ishiguro and Horikawa (he's the only Reinhard).

Unfortunately Noboru Ishiguro passed away in 2012. It'd be great if they can get Horikawa and some of the old cast to redo their roles, but that rarely happens in anime reboots (see Berserk films).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 12, 2014 10:35 AM

Jun 2011
Wind_Sr said:
the new series will not be a remake, but rather will be adapting more from the original novels.

So, it's a continuation then?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 12, 2014 10:35 AM
Aug 2011
Things I never EVER saw coming: this.

I've had the OVA stalled at ep 15 for about a year now, I should probably get back on that.

metamorphius said:
And Yuki Kaji as Oberstein

omg
standFeb 12, 2014 10:41 AM
Feb 12, 2014 10:37 AM

Jun 2009
ToG25thBaam said:
Wind_Sr said:
the new series will not be a remake, but rather will be adapting more from the original novels.

So, it's a continuation then?

Doubt it, I am pretty sure there is no more material after the point where the original OVA series ends.

parfaited said:
Things I never EVER saw coming: this.

I've had the OVA stalled at ep 15 for about a year now, I should probably get back on that.

You should.

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 12, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2011
THE TIME HAS COME AND SO HAVE I
The Shrike

Nov 2009
metamorphius said:
Valkyrion said:
They should just let Zexcs turn the greatest anime series into the greatest trainwreck animated work in history. With Yamakan as director.

And Yuki Kaji as Oberstein, Jun Maeda and Okada Mari working on the script to make it more appropriate for the modern times, and character designs improved by Naruko Hanaharu (the author of Gargantia and tons of hentai).

Indeed.

They'll probably make the Reinhardt/Siegfried relationship canon and have Charlotte Cazzelnu be an MC, probably with cat ears and saying stuff like "Oni-chan no baka" every time Wenli does something or "Oishii" every time she gets something to eat.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 2012
I know that Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu is popular here in MAL and that many people like it, but it is still not on my plan to watch list. I just don't feel like adding it, what the fuck is wrong with me???
I guess it's time to add it :3 This is great news for the fans!!!

Dec 2007
VioLink said:

In 201X it will be kawaii space nazis doing kawaii things with Pseudo-Dubstep BGM and anime original ending of manly men smooching each other for the fujoshis to draw full color yaoi doujins and then it will adapted to a hollywood movie with Leonardo Decaprio and more people will watch it than the series itself. Mark my words.
Feb 12, 2014 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
The new LOGH will make everything in this century becomes trash
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Feb 12, 2014 10:42 AM

Aug 2010
It better be moe as fuck.
Feb 12, 2014 10:43 AM
May 2013
WOW. This better not be a joke...please...

Also...how many episodes lol.

Apr 2011
Let's hope it's less boring than the original LOGH OVAs
Feb 12, 2014 10:46 AM

Sep 2013
Valaskjalf said:
Let's hope it's less boring than the original LOGH OVAs

Go away.

Oh and an obligatory Sieg Kaiser Reinhardo ofc

Jun 2009
Hahalollawl said:
WOW. This better not be a joke...please...

Also...how many episodes lol.

It will be a movie adapting the entire 110 episodes. Don't blink.

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 2010
Master Piece News ...
:)

Mar 2008
Tengai said:
I know that Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu is popular here in MAL and that many people like it, but it is still not on my plan to watch list. I just don't feel like adding it, what the fuck is wrong with me???
I guess it's time to add it :3 This is great news for the fans!!!
You are a good person.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
10 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.