Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 8, 2014 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
Does anyone have or is thinking about getting this 3DS game? It looks interesting. I downloaded the demo but haven't played it yet.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2014 7:44 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I went to gamestop just to see games, saw this and made by Square Enix.... Never heard anything about it, tried to buy it but said sold out :/
Feb 8, 2014 7:48 PM

Jul 2013
My CE came in on Friday but I've been busy and/or too tired to play it yet

I've heard good things so far though so I guess...that's sort of a plus
Feb 8, 2014 7:54 PM

Sep 2007
Zelot said:
I went to gamestop just to see games, saw this and made by Square Enix.... Never heard anything about it, tried to buy it but said sold out :/

Well it was just released on Friday so they probably spent their whole stock on preorders.

I've been playing it since Friday and it's pretty great so far. It's a throwback to oldschool jrpgs with an extra twist to it with the whole brave/default system. Music and art is fantastic as well. Only started chapter 2 and the story seems pretty generic so far though. Hopefully it'll pick up soon.
Feb 8, 2014 8:19 PM

Nov 2013
I'm pretty sure I'll get it later. I have other things prioritized at the moment.

I can see you

Feb 8, 2014 8:56 PM
Nov 2008
Zelot said:
How in the dark are you to have only heard about BD now?
Feb 8, 2014 9:00 PM

Mar 2013
i dont have a 3DS but if i had one i would check it out. it looks pretty cool
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Feb 8, 2014 9:02 PM

Nov 2011
I bought the CE and got it Friday. I played the demo beforehand and they put a nice twist on the tactical-based system by adding "Brave" and "Default" actions to it.
I haven't got a chance to really get into it yet (Playing Phoenix Wright and 999 also), but from what I played, it's pretty good.

Some people are calling it a throwback to some of the older FF games as it goes back to the "4 heroes", crystals, etc, but with a more in-depth plot, so chances are if you enjoy the FF games you'll love BD as well.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 8, 2014 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty much 4 Heroes of Light II, as far as I can see. I was down in Los Angeles today with friends, whereupon one friend bought a copy today. I only got to witness maybe an hour or two of gameplay, but it looked fun enough. Final Fantasy in everything but the name.

removed-userFeb 8, 2014 11:09 PM
Feb 8, 2014 11:08 PM

Nov 2011
Aylaine said:
Pretty much Warriors of Light II, as far as I can see. I was down in Los Angeles today with friends, whereupon one friend bought a copy today. I only got to witness maybe an hour or two of gameplay, but it looked fun enough. Final Fantasy in everything but the name.

Yup, Bravely Default is supposed to be a "spiritual successor" to The 4 Heroes of Light. As you said, Final Fantasy in everything but the name.
Feb 8, 2014 11:10 PM
Jul 2018
Ragix said:
Aylaine said:
Pretty much Warriors of Light II, as far as I can see. I was down in Los Angeles today with friends, whereupon one friend bought a copy today. I only got to witness maybe an hour or two of gameplay, but it looked fun enough. Final Fantasy in everything but the name.

Yup, Bravely Default is supposed to be a "spiritual successor" to The 4 Heroes of Light. As you said, Final Fantasy in everything but the name.

Nice catch on my typo! I knew something seemed fishy there. Heh. But yeah, that about sums this game up. Nothing wrong with that direction either. I thought 4 Heroes of Light was really good.
Feb 8, 2014 11:29 PM

Nov 2011
Aylaine said:
Ragix said:
Aylaine said:

Nice catch on my typo! I knew something seemed fishy there. Heh. But yeah, that about sums this game up. Nothing wrong with that direction either. I thought 4 Heroes of Light was really good.

I didn't notice it either until I googled it. lol
Yeah, 4 Heroes of Light was pretty good. I like that they went to the next step with BD and added another layer of mechanics to the gameplay with the Brave and Default system. It worked out pretty well, in my opinion.
Feb 8, 2014 11:32 PM

Jul 2012
Its not "Bravery", it's "Bravely".
Please fix the title.

Anywho, I plan on getting this as one of my first games once I have a 3DS.

EDIT: Warning to OP, the demo of the game I heard is bad. Just get the game.
Feb 9, 2014 12:06 AM

May 2010
Demo was great. Easy to break but teaches what the game is well. Just got through the prologue of the main game, been having fun in a Bravely Default chat with a couple bros who are trying it out. We're all pretty hooked. This game is saving Square Enix.
Feb 9, 2014 1:08 AM

Sep 2007
Demo also offers you 7 reward sets and up to 20 transferable villagers if you finish it.
Feb 9, 2014 1:15 AM
Nov 2008
Wasabi said:
Demo also offers you 7 reward sets and up to 20 transferable villagers if you finish it.

Not worth it.
Feb 9, 2014 2:28 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I'll probably get it. The demo's pretty good.
Feb 9, 2014 4:48 AM

Oct 2012
Got the came on release, seems pretty good so far.
Feb 9, 2014 10:13 AM

Jan 2010
Got the CE on friday.
Feb 9, 2014 10:15 AM

Nov 2012
Is it just me or is this game a lot about grinding?
Feb 9, 2014 10:46 AM

Jul 2007
I heard this is a spiritual sequal to Final fantasy the four heroes. Looking forward to playing this game when i get it. Still on pre order though.

Though one of my only complaints is the the guys art style, he tends to create sprite like 3d characters with a bunch of jagged edges, same person who did the FF III and FF VI remakes on the DS.

Feb 9, 2014 10:49 AM

Nov 2012
Wait a minute! wait a f*cking minute. How come you guys still need to pre-order this? I bought the game a month ago already.
Feb 9, 2014 11:17 AM

May 2010
North America got boned. Only came out this past Friday for us.
Feb 9, 2014 11:35 AM

Sep 2007
link9us said:
I heard this is a spiritual sequal to Final fantasy the four heroes. Looking forward to playing this game when i get it. Still on pre order though.

Though one of my only complaints is the the guys art style, he tends to create sprite like 3d characters with a bunch of jagged edges, same person who did the FF III and FF VI remakes on the DS.

I'd blame that on the limitations of the DS. The sprites for Bravely Default are nothing short of fantastic.
Feb 9, 2014 12:24 PM

May 2010
Just got this game last night (digital). Thinking about buying the physical later.

My friend code is in the profile, hit me up if you want an add.
Feb 9, 2014 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
johnyjohny said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Grind has been in literally every Final Fantasy Title to date, and although this isn't a Final Fantasy game, it originally started off as one until the name changed. From the bits I did see of this game, it looks like they kept everything else the same. Your grind mileage may vary though, depending on playstyle.
Feb 9, 2014 12:58 PM

Mar 2013
Bravely Default*
And yes, I'm getting it. :)
Feb 9, 2014 1:00 PM

Sep 2011
this is the game that really is pushing me to go buy a 3ds

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 9, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2011
johnyjohny said:
Wait a minute! wait a f*cking minute. How come you guys still need to pre-order this? I bought the game a month ago already.

From what I heard, according to Reggie (President of Nintendo in America) the reason why it was pushed back was due to all the other huge games coming out. They didn't want Bravely Default or the other games to bury one another so he waited til now to release it.

johnyjohny said:

Like most JRPGs there is grinding, but they do cater to those whom don't want to grind by putting an auto-battle system in. All you need to do is use an item or amp up the difficulty to make monster encounters 100% and run in circles with auto-battle if grinding isn't your thing.
Feb 9, 2014 1:14 PM

Nov 2012
For those who are wonder which audio to use. Go with Japanese. The voice acting is really really good. English is not bad but kind of meh compared to the Japanese one.
Feb 9, 2014 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
ill buy later an hopefully get Luigis Mansion an Fire Emblem as well
Feb 9, 2014 7:31 PM

May 2013
I played the demo for about 5 minutes and got bored. But Final Fantasy has never really appealed to me anyways.
Feb 9, 2014 8:14 PM

Jan 2010
I got the CE but haven't even opened mine ~_~

Pokemon why are you so time consuming!!!
Feb 10, 2014 10:45 AM

Nov 2012
I may buy it later. I don't like the art design for the characters, but that's not what convinced me not to get the game though, as I like many jrpgs and final fantasy games. I'm currently saving for a ps4, so no games for me until the fall probably.
Feb 10, 2014 3:02 PM

Jan 2014
Aylaine said:
johnyjohny said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Grind has been in literally every Final Fantasy Title to date, and although this isn't a Final Fantasy game, it originally started off as one until the name changed. From the bits I did see of this game, it looks like they kept everything else the same. Your grind mileage may vary though, depending on playstyle.

You can fast forward & put battles on auto-play.

I did this the second half of the demo, after I found out that I could, and it literally made grinding practically a non-issue.

I love love love the art style & the gameplay and the environments and everything about Bravely Default, and I've been looking forward to it months before I started playing the demo. Unfortunately I'm stuck at uni right now with no one to take me to buy it)':

Feb 11, 2014 1:13 AM
Nov 2008
FYI, auto-battle copies the last turn you made to a T. So, you take a turn a specific way that'll get you through encounters easily and then turn auto-battle on to just do it over and over. I'd recommend putting the the highest fast forward setting on as well and changing the encounter rate to +100% under the difficulty menu too. It nets you EXP and JP pretty easily.
Feb 11, 2014 2:38 AM

Jul 2012
Take the Final Fantasy out of Flying Fairy.
Feb 11, 2014 10:23 AM

Oct 2009
I'm planning on getting a 3DS but I'm not going to be getting this game.
Maybe if it wasn't censored crap~ :)
Feb 11, 2014 12:20 PM

Sep 2007
Gogetters said:

You're that hung up over a few censored outfits on a couple of deformed females?
Feb 11, 2014 12:30 PM

Jan 2012
How much playtime can you expect to get out of this? I'm torn between what to get for my 3DS next. I really enjoyed the latest Fire Emblem and probably put about 100 hours into it. The end game and multiplayer was pretty lacking though and I'm all but done with it now. At the moment it looks like a toss up between this and Monster Hunter, any suggestions would be appreciated though.
Feb 11, 2014 2:03 PM

Nov 2007
Got a copy of the game for me and my boyfriend. The art style is gorgeous, and it makes me remember that Square Enix CAN make good Final Fantasy games, provided they don't have "Final Fantasy" in the title.
Feb 11, 2014 4:26 PM

Jul 2012
ReasonDesu said:
How much playtime can you expect to get out of this? I'm torn between what to get for my 3DS next. I really enjoyed the latest Fire Emblem and probably put about 100 hours into it. The end game and multiplayer was pretty lacking though and I'm all but done with it now. At the moment it looks like a toss up between this and Monster Hunter, any suggestions would be appreciated though.

Depends what kind of games you like.

Monster Hunter is an action-adventure title with minimal rpg elements. You can expect about 400+ hours with Monhun and you still have time to pick up as Monster Hunter 4G won't be hitting western shores till early 2015.

Bravely Default is about 35-50hours in length. Great game all the way up until the 2nd half of the game. What were SE thinking? No spoilers.

feder said:
...provided they don't have "Final Fantasy" in the title.

Oh it's in the title alright, just cleverly hidden.
Feb 11, 2014 6:08 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
Gogetters said:

You're that hung up over a few censored outfits on a couple of deformed females?
Doesn't matter what was censored.
Feb 11, 2014 6:51 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
is there a way to get japanese dub on it o: ?
I just got the game and the english is throwing me off a bit..
since i have been playing FE: Awakeing in Japanese probably..
Feb 11, 2014 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
Zelot said:

It's in config options. Access in-game.
Feb 11, 2014 7:13 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Onijho said:
Zelot said:

It's in config options. Access in-game.

Thank you
Feb 11, 2014 7:15 PM

Nov 2011
Gogetters said:
Wasabi said:
Gogetters said:

At least we're getting the game, the censorship isn't even bad at all. Especially considering the models aren't exactly anything special to look at. I'd rather get the game with censorship versus not get the game at all.

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Bravely-Default-CostumeCensor.jpg
Feb 11, 2014 7:23 PM
Nov 2008
Gogetters said:
Wasabi said:
Gogetters said:

Quite ironic for posters on an anime website to be complaining about censorship.
Feb 11, 2014 8:54 PM
Oct 2012
Played the demo, thought it was pretty decent but didn't feel the Brave/Default added a whole lot, in fact it sometimes got in the way. Graphics are epic, and love the ability to control random encounter rates and battle speed. I'm probably going to buy it spring break or whenever I actually have time to play 3DS in general. So far I'm not fully convinced it's worth it despite having anticipated it for a while. I'm just hoping the job system and other features make it worthwhile.
Feb 12, 2014 1:30 PM

Oct 2009
Heredity said:
Gogetters said:
Quite ironic for posters on an anime website to be complaining about censorship.
Not even the same thing.

Some anime is censored while airing on TV, then released uncensored on DVD and BDs. This game was released uncensored but is being censored for its English release.
If DVDs and BDs were being censored for their English releases then it'd be the same as this game.
GogettersFeb 12, 2014 2:08 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
2 hours ago

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 11 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
11 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.