Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 31, 2014 2:56 AM

Apr 2013
That punch from Bright was on point.
Oct 31, 2014 5:25 PM

Jul 2011
Silly dumb old people. They aren't grateful enough. I kinda like Kai, even if he is a douche, he's kind of fun to have around. Amuro and Char continue to be cool characters, and Amuro even tells the old people off which is damn awesome. Cool episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2014 12:15 AM

Mar 2014
Nothing really happened in this episode, huh?
This just seems like a transition episode, mostly...

Also, @Zarnaav: no worries... I also don't like Kai, he seems like a total jerk thus far.
::End of Transmission::

Jan 7, 2015 4:00 PM

Feb 2013
The green Zeon fighters look like ducks from the side.

Quack, quack, quack.
Mar 2, 2015 8:23 PM

Nov 2011
And thus Kai demonstrates why being snide and trolling in real life is a bad idea.

Even though it's subtle, I do think this crew has a lot of potential for character development. Other than Amuro- Sayla, Fraw Bow, Kai, and the Lieutenant (his name escapes me) all seem to have good development potential. Maybe Hayato too.

It's a shame the plan failed; Federation help would be quite welcome at this point. I find it interesting that Char went out himself to stop the Core Fighter despite being in such a lightly armed/armored ship.

The old people are irritating. They would feel really "smart" if the crew did/does let them off in Zeon territory, only to end up tortured, killed, or imprisoned.

Even though it's not being talked about much, I'm liking the contribution the Minovsky Particles give to the series; that is, they make visual range a requirement for combat, which wouldn't be necessary without something like them.
Mar 20, 2015 4:27 PM

Mar 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
The old people really made me rage. How stupid can they be?

This.
I was so happy when Bright slapped Kai :D
Sep 14, 2015 12:21 AM

Jun 2009
Tsukaji said:
Yes, Kai is epic. He just says what situation is without trying to make it look better than what it is. Why is everyone hitting him?

Are you fucking kidding me? In the situation that they're in, the attitude that Kai has is NOT conducive to a good outcome (win the battle/war or even surviving). You just don't say that sort of shit. There's a time and place for it.
loghneckbeardSep 14, 2015 12:29 AM
Dec 15, 2015 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
Engaging, the story does not fully reflect what we saw in SEED, but the story broadly follows those seen in it, Amuro feels overwhelmed by his responsibilities, but whines, a point in its favor. Directed interesting, the plot is handled in a more than satisfactory.
May 18, 2016 6:09 AM

Jul 2008
Kai is awesome, but he had that one coming for awhile now.

Those old farts also deserved a few too. We want to feel the ground again. Okay so let's land and all of us die, good idea.
Jul 11, 2016 2:41 PM

May 2012
Decent development, a bit on the slow side but still great development!
Aug 28, 2016 11:24 AM

Feb 2012
Kai deserved that punch, but I still like the guy for some reason.

Amuro Ray Kill Count:
0 Mobile Suit kills this episode
11 kills total.
Sep 28, 2016 10:55 PM

Jun 2013
I seriously wanted to punch those old people this episode!
At least i can definitely say im in to this now.
Dec 26, 2016 7:51 PM

Jul 2008
Someone should tell those refugees they're gonna end up UNDERground if they keep up.

Also, Kai does feel like a typical internet troll. Too bad the punch didn't leave a mark.
Jan 25, 2017 1:17 AM
Mar 2015
I really dig Amuro and Bright this episode. Slowly developing into something here
Feb 19, 2017 1:10 PM
Jul 2015
It's amazing how obstinate the old people were when their ship was literally being fired upon.
May 29, 2017 8:03 PM

Oct 2012
Bright was definitely MVP this episode for punching Kai.
But Kai wasn't half as bad as the elders... really? Taking children hostage?
I bet tea tastes really good after a Mobile Suit battle.
Aug 9, 2017 5:19 AM
Jul 2017
modboy said:
Bright was definitely MVP this episode for punching Kai.
But Kai wasn't half as bad as the elders... really? Taking children hostage?
I bet tea tastes really good after a Mobile Suit battle.

lol. "I see the battle going on, but I just want my feet to touch earf. Plz."

Idiots. I still don't understand why White Base had to go to Earth. Were they originally going to go there from Side 7? Or did they have to detour as they had all those corrupt adults?
May 23, 2018 8:44 PM

Jun 2014
I'm glad that Bright gave Kai a poke in the mouth, for it was long deserved.

They still haven't managed to get out of Zeon airspace. Hopefully they will get out soon.

Nov 25, 2018 6:58 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Those elders are pretty stupid if you ask me. They’re in the middle of combat and they’re asking bright and the others to land.
Mar 6, 2019 2:15 AM

Feb 2017
Damn, Amuro was working that control stick hard.
Nov 8, 2019 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
Don't be sad Amuro, just say OK Boomer to the old farts that let you down despite your efforts so your heart would still be in one piece.

He's an unstable teenager in this 1979 made anime though . . . To hell with fictional futuristic "79" year so . . .
Dec 15, 2019 4:16 PM
May 2018
Zarnaav said:
Why I am the only who hates Kai and thinks Char is not that awesome ...

I think Amuro is pretty good for a beginner.

I feel the same way. Kai talking shit doesn't help in any way especially during combat. Glad he got punched. And I like Amuro. I think he's shown himself to be phenom. Can't forget, he's only 15 years old!
Aug 19, 2020 6:03 AM

Jul 2017
Pretty exciting episode that broke up the monotony with basically no mobile suits, Amuro really wearing out, and a dramatic escape. Also Kai kept pushing it even after people kept telling him to stop, and then he whined when Bright hit him. What an ass. While the older folks were doing some extreme stuff, I don't see this as particularly unrealistic seeing how determined older people can be to hang on to freedoms and such. For example, my grandmother keeps driving despite having some serious vision problems and everyone telling her to stop until she gets cataract surgery. It puts people at risk, but the desire to retain autonomy is what fuels her.
Sep 6, 2020 11:22 AM

Aug 2017
Seriously, they should leave those people out there since they want that. They are not in a position to demand anything or to take hostages (also they're being treated well and are even being fed). Amuro's plan failed but at least he's alive after that intense battle.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 2, 2020 4:49 PM

Jun 2016
The characters feel as though they have begun having far more distinct voices. From Amuro's rampage and exhaustion last episode or holding back concern for Fraw Bow or Kai's clash with Amuro and Bright, to Char and Garma's competitive and intimate relationship. I felt the characterization in the past was effective to make everyone stand out, but it was still minimal. We are getting into the territory where I wouldn't call it minimal anymore.
Feb 8, 2021 8:40 AM

Sep 2015
idk if the geezers realize that the earth they left is not the earth they will land on.
they're in for a real unpleasant surprise if they get dropped off in the middle of a war torn 3rd world and think they're gonna see the lake by their old house and their long dead wives smh.
it's sad that this is their fate but they should be more realistic. i guess that's hard to do when the dementia starts to set in though.
i feel for amuro's exhaustion i can see where shinjis inspiration came from he's got a lot on his shoulders and i'm sure he had no idea he would be so relied upon when he jumped into the gundam for the first time. poor little neet.

talk me down
safe & sound
too strung up
to sleep
⋯⋯ ⋯⋯
overground,
watch this space
i'm open to
falling from grace

Jul 25, 2021 5:48 AM

Oct 2012
Man, those old geezers were pretty selfish. Just let the soldiers to their job to save your ass, geez. Kai certainly didn't help either. Amuro's doing his best to save the day while putting his life on the line and he's making fun of him. Glad he got that bitch slap at least, lol.

Char slowly seems to get desperate when it comes to the Gundam. That thing seems invincible. It just really needs more ammo.
Aug 10, 2022 6:26 PM

May 2018
bruh momentum!!!
⚠ This user has received numerous reports of abuse and harassment. Please report any guideline violations to MAL staff.
Oct 27, 2022 11:31 PM

May 2019
Great suspense especially with a standoff on White Base and Amuro passing out. I'm starting to feel that the characters are becoming more fleshed out and it balances well with the action. Props to Bright for clocking Kai.
Mar 14, 2023 8:31 PM

Jul 2016
the elders claim to understand what their position is, and the current dilemma at stake... but the truth is that they don't understand a shit. not a single shit... senile, the lot of them. old geezers are like this in real life too. stubborn and dull, what do they think this is? taking hostage of children when they themselves can barely move without breaking a hip? give me a break. they're weaker than their "hostages". they're getting fed at no cost and being protected, but if they so desire to get tossed out then by all means... thankless amuro ray is starting to become my favorite character surprisingly, the more development into his personality we are shown. the voice acting delivers that raw anger and distraught tone all too well, it's highly amusing to replay.
Mar 25, 2023 9:28 PM
Feb 2021
Amuro being based as always. Been a great show so far, the battles and watching Amuro slowly go insane has been really interesting.
Apr 30, 2023 11:14 PM

Sep 2017
ugh i hate the bloody bastard who keeps letting the mood down criticising everything within his own team

also wtf were the old guys thinking when they held children as hostages. as sexist and jerkass amuro is, I could relate to how he was done with them. "I understand how much you were risking your lives" bitch please. They are trying to return u safely and yet you act like a bunch of monkeys.

Had amuro not given em a piece of mind they would have demanded the fucking moon. and amuro's suffering enough already. 'get in the cockpit' shinji has got nothing on amuro.

i was so angry and done with these guys. thank god they get dropped off the next episode. amuro's seriously suffering

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jul 26, 2023 7:22 AM

Jul 2017
i'm liking it a lot for now, the characters started to develop a little bit.
kai says the right things but that doesn't help in the situation they're in.
i still donìt know if i like amuro or not
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Oct 5, 2023 11:03 AM

Feb 2020
Watching Gundam really makes me want to slap some hoes and motherfuckers :)

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arcanus - Apr 30, 2009

65 by darthtruder »»
Apr 19, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

102 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 15, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - May 26, 2008

79 by ChiisuNoYo »»
Apr 14, 8:36 PM

» Complete Watch order

Grontan - Jan 2

15 by JoniGamer1996 »»
Apr 1, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mell4444 - Mar 25, 2010

53 by T3RCK_Z »»
Mar 12, 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.