Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2007 9:21 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OK GUYS! The Finale!

And I loved it. Epic battle, happy ending the works! Yaaaay! :D
I think I'm definetly going to read the manga haha. I'd give this episode 6/5 If I could ^.^

I might look into watching the Negima!? eventually. How much different is it anyway? Well I loved this anime, it was awesome and it's too bad that it's over but this is one of those rare occasions when I'm actually happy with how it turned out :D

~CanadaAotS
Nov 25, 2007 11:07 PM

Feb 2007
You should read the manga. Then realize how much of a downer the first TV series was.

As for Negima!?, it's SHAFT's own take on the story. Very different. Doesn't really follow manga at all. Excellent animation. Just not quite the Negima fans know and love.
Nov 25, 2007 11:12 PM

Nov 2007
You've convinced me! but uh, I checked the page and I guess the manga isn't done? I don't like waiting for new installments =_= I tend to be impatient lol

And btw, my plan is to ALWAYS watch the anime first since the manga isn't almost always better. I'm elated with the manga rather then disappointed with the anime haha.
Dec 5, 2007 6:52 PM

Feb 2007
Well, they're up to volume 15 in America (Canada included?), and volume 20 or 21 in Japan. If you're interested in it, it's best to start reading now before it gets any further.
Feb 22, 2008 1:47 AM

Feb 2008
i like that she came back, but i would have liked an explanation about how they canceled the contract. even without it tho it was a really good ending, especially all the strange "weapons" ;)
Mar 24, 2008 10:22 AM

Mar 2008
5~Loved It

~~~Even though it's not in the manga...it was great. Satomi had an awesome weapon with her arms that I wish I had. Asuna was so cute as a little girl, chibi~~~XD annnnd: Eva was in it!!! Yue zazie and Nodoka have good pactio forms!

Jan 27, 2009 10:39 PM
Sep 2008
The series was fine, this episode was awesome, Negi, lucky onion-head got to kiss 30 girls in less than 3 minutes.

Now, I really hate when a series leaves so many unfinished questions. What the hell happened to negi's dad, is he dead? if the contract is now null and Asuna recovered her power to summon demons wouldn't the whole school be in danger now? now everyone in class 2-a knows about negi being a magician, what now? I also wanted to see an episode with negi's sister T_T.

Overall I give this series a 4/5 and now I might go and download the manga and well as the Negima!? series and the special episodes.
Apr 20, 2009 4:14 PM
Jan 2009
Uh, personally I don't like the ending. I haven't read the manga yet, well, only first volume actually, and it did seem better than the first episodes. The finale has too many demons, too many kisses (at first I thought Nodoka will be priviledged by that. But no, everyone had her way with Negi ;p), and the "breaking of the pact" is the lamest thing of the whole series.
In overall I enjoyed this series very much, it'll stay in my mind for a couple of weeks. Now I got to DL the ovas, manga, doujinshi, eh...
Sep 7, 2009 12:29 PM

Jun 2009
totally awesome! 100%A1
Nov 1, 2009 1:45 PM

Jun 2009
Thought it'd be a horrible ending based on how they ended the last ep, but wow, that was pretty good! Loved this episode.

But like others have said, this show loves to leave unfinished questions, and LOTS of them at that.

This might make me actually read my first manga, wonder if its finished now *goes to check*
Jan 9, 2010 11:31 AM
Apr 2009
Not that bad. Unexpected twist.Gotta give them points for originality but would have preferred it if they followed the manga and expanded on that, there is enough material for awesomeness there. All in all a typical happy ending with nothing bad left over. The pact with the demon is cancelled, the rest of the 2A don't know WTH is happening but go with the flow anyways, negi's dad may or may not be dead, who knows the future is uncertain.
Apr 13, 2010 12:19 PM

Nov 2008
That was a pretty abrupt, unsatisfying ending, tbh. All it did was remind me of how this is by far the worst version of Negima.

Yes, I think it's worse than Neo. Kind of.
Apr 15, 2010 9:43 AM

Oct 2009
Unsatisfied, but I guess if it goes by enjoyment I really enjoyed this serie...

(Hehe I'm not the one bumping.)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2010 1:04 PM
Feb 2010
Thank god I've finally finished it.
-.-
Jul 8, 2010 8:14 PM

Oct 2009
huhuhuh... i love this anime.. and have to watched OVa too...

from episode 23-24 it made me cry,.... huah!!!! buit shocked form asune died....

hm... finally asuna back to us.. and i love.. asuna-negi pair!!!

Aug 17, 2010 4:04 PM

Apr 2009
look like the manga is still busy ??
so the anime is not reveal the true version ??
i must check out from the begin...
Aug 20, 2010 4:39 PM

Apr 2009
woah.!! great ending, but too many unexplained part...

overall..I give this anime a 7/10 score.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2010 4:30 AM
Feb 2009
I've been reading the manga this whole time and decided to watch the anime to see why I was told not to watch it (for better or worse, my curiosity gets the better of me and I I tend to do this ^^*). I have to say, I'm appalled at the lack of respect they had for the manga-ka's characters. After the first 22 episodes, which were more or less on track with the manga, none of the plot developments make any sense. I understand if they come to some realization that they need to have an anime-only ending, but I would expect that they attempt to keep the simple characteristics that made the series popular enough to animate. It's like the show lots its personality in their attempt to end the show in 4 episodes. They couldn't decide which parts of the manga to keep and which to toss, which led to a giant clusterf*ck that -- it seems most people seem to agree -- made absolutely no sense. Sucks. I thoroughly enjoyed the first 22 awkwardly animated episodes, but the last hour and 20 minutes made me forget everything that was good about Mahou Sensei Negima. Like I've said, I'm completely caught up on the manga and hope this show gets reanimated because it is one of the truly enjoyable and epic long-running shonen mangas. And it's a harem.
Jun 8, 2011 12:30 PM
Jul 2008
The last two episodes pleasantly surprised me. After watching 23-24 I thought they we're ruining the whole series by putting a lot of drama into the last few episodes. And well... actually they did just that but not without a story.

The ending turned out to be quite enjoyable. Good story development, some info from the past and then it all came together. Resulting in an epic battle and plot twist. This ending will make you feel good. It was nice to see the special abilities of all the students as well, they put some hard work into that!

Also, I wonder when Negi will see his dad again. When he disappeared with the monster he said he would be back soon, right?
Jun 23, 2011 12:45 PM
Jun 2009
I watched this show and was a little disappointed in it think i should read the manga later if i ever have time the last few eps left so much unclear and the one thing that bugs me the most is the 2 that made the time machine and the machine in the end the comments they said to each other make me think they are either not from that time themselves or are not of that world as in aliens who know that last me cluster f**ked it and seems rushed to me
Jul 24, 2011 3:42 PM

Apr 2011
An epic battle where all the powers was showed: an explosive final for a series that goes slowly and with few battle focused on love...

I have to say that I prefer the remake "Negima!?" (more action and fun), even if the OAVs refers to "Mahou Sensei Negima!" and I have to see this series to understand them -3-
My mission: Save the world! My weapons: a controller, a bunch of friends and lots of Anime!
Jul 31, 2011 3:01 AM

Jul 2011
When my friend borrowed to DVD, I kinda sorta cringe my face, but after awhile, IM HOOKED, and Asuna's funeral hit me like a hammer, this series manage to convert me from a hater to a believer...
Nov 21, 2011 7:12 AM

Apr 2009
mrjpark said:
I've been reading the manga this whole time and decided to watch the anime to see why I was told not to watch it (for better or worse, my curiosity gets the better of me and I I tend to do this ^^*). I have to say, I'm appalled at the lack of respect they had for the manga-ka's characters. After the first 22 episodes, which were more or less on track with the manga, none of the plot developments make any sense. I understand if they come to some realization that they need to have an anime-only ending, but I would expect that they attempt to keep the simple characteristics that made the series popular enough to animate. It's like the show lots its personality in their attempt to end the show in 4 episodes. They couldn't decide which parts of the manga to keep and which to toss, which led to a giant clusterf*ck that -- it seems most people seem to agree -- made absolutely no sense. Sucks. I thoroughly enjoyed the first 22 awkwardly animated episodes, but the last hour and 20 minutes made me forget everything that was good about Mahou Sensei Negima. Like I've said, I'm completely caught up on the manga and hope this show gets reanimated because it is one of the truly enjoyable and epic long-running shonen mangas. And it's a harem.

THIS.

First 22 episodes were actually quite nice. Nothing outstanding, just an opportunity to see characters and their interactions in animated form. But honestly, i don't understand people who complain: "These Xebec bastards animated all this worthless garbage at the beginning of the manga without even getting to the good parts!". Did they expect that anime would just start at volume 10 or something like that?

Really sad part is that sloppy animation work, cutting corners around manga plot and inserting the ludicrous ending effectively ruined any hopes for a proper second season.
Jul 6, 2012 9:23 AM

Jul 2008
A potential series ruined at the very end *sigh*
Jan 18, 2013 2:53 PM

Aug 2010
It was ok overall. Didn't know what was going on half the time.
Aug 30, 2013 1:39 AM
May 2013
This anime was no different from an average 12 episode anime, nothing happened until last 3 episodes.
Aug 30, 2013 1:46 AM

Oct 2009
Zarnaav said:
This anime was no different from an average 12 episode anime, nothing happened until last 3 episodes.

You should try the manga instead, and watch to the Negima movies start from the magic kingdom arc. The TV series does no justice to the franchise.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4188/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!_Shiroki_Tsubasa_Ala_Alba
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6050/Mahou_Sensei_Negima!_Mou_Hitotsu_no_Sekai
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Dec 26, 2013 4:07 PM
Nov 2013
After episode 23 I was left feeling empty, Asuna was my favorite character and the thought of them killing her almost made me drop this anime in utter disbelief of this happening. I went on watching the series despite my misgivings and muddled through it in a blah fashion until the last episode. Not completely redeemed as I think killing off Asuna (even for a short time) was still pointless, but it did much to renew my faith in the series as a whole.

A few points I wish would have been changed about the anime from someone who has not read the manga:

1. I would have liked the characters for the most part to be a bit older (16-19 as opposed to 10-14). I just personally have a hard time with any anime with some ecchi in it using a young teen age bracket. Granted, this anime was very light on ecchi but it was still at certain times.

2. On the subject of age.....why was Negi 10 years old? It seems to me that even 14 year old girls logically would have zero romantic interest in a 10 year old regardless of how mature he acts......if nothing else he should have been the same age as them. They would still not easily accept him as a teacher, yet being romantically interested would be more feasible.

3. Asuna, should not have been killed even given that it was very temporary. I came extremely close to dumping the anime at this point as I am sure others did or at least thought of doing as well.

Overall, it was very entertaining for 22 of the first 26 episodes, episode 23 was terrible, 24 and 25 were meh, and 26 finished strong by bringing Asuna back and cancelling her bargain with the demonic forces.

Episode 1-22: 7/10
Episode 23: 1/10
Episode 24-25: 5/10
Episode 26: 7/10

Overall I will rate the series at 6/10 slightly above average.
Jan 6, 2014 2:22 PM

Mar 2011
The last few episodes felt so rushed.

They seriously made a time machine? they even pointed out how illogical it was but never explained it. And a anti demon contract machine on top?

Why did the anti demon light work on through asuna if magic wont work?

What happened to his father exactly?

Will he lose his job now everyone knows about him being a magician?

Did they all remember again in the end or did Asuna just casually explain she had a demon contract, so they built a machine in two hours that could end the contract despite not knowing demons existed beforehand?

I enjoyed the anime and wanted Asuna to come back but I wish it wasnt so rushed and convenient.

Is the manga more logical?
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 2, 2014 2:05 AM

Jul 2007
As a manga reader my self (not quite caught up to this moment in the story) but i can tell you right off the bat, that negi giving pactio's to every student in the classroom, Evangline revealing all then negi was a magicians was something that for sure was not based from the manga. The author takes pride in his work and revealing certain characters abilities is something that he has always taken at a slow pace and during the appropriate times.

This was obviously the studio's idea of an original ending so they can show off all of the girls special abilities (i wonder how close there abilities were to the actual source material?) That i do not know. But in any case the whole story asana dying was actually pretty nice, and i appreciated the different tone in atmosphere compared to the usual harem and romcom. But the last few episodes completely killed it for me. It felt very very out of place.

Apr 13, 2015 7:10 AM

Feb 2010
wtf this episode. -_-
Oct 22, 2015 3:43 AM

Jan 2013
Just finished watching this anime. The story was great and the fight.
Should I read the manga from the beginning? :3
Feb 8, 2016 8:34 AM

Aug 2013
I don't even know why they needed to do this filler arc. My memory is a bit hazy, but I'm pretty sure they cut out a lot of manga stuff during the Konoka arc. I understand adding filler if you run out of material to work with. You don't cut out source material to add filler though. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Perhaps the Konoka arc in the manga was still ongoing during production? That would be a valid excuse.

I did enjoy the series, but these last couple of episodes annoyed me.

6/10
garydaiFeb 8, 2016 8:38 AM
Feb 25, 2016 3:51 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent final, while I did expected more of a closure I do am glad there are some OVA's addition to this.

But boy hearing Wakamoto Norio in this sure was a great addition! Badass as ever, together with of course that ultra kiss combo :3

Pretty decent action and in general a pretty lovely ending! Let's see what the ova's will offer us!
Jul 3, 2017 9:04 PM

Dec 2013
So all this was completely avoidable if Asuna just told someone about the contract? Really?

Meh anime. It had a potential so I'll probably check out the rest of the franchise. Eventually.
Oct 24, 2017 7:32 PM

May 2010
I actually found the ending acceptable, which is surprising considering how skeptical I was of most of the development. It's an ending that could have fallen flat on its face, but didn't. I understand why manga readers were pissed, but this is the perfect kind of ending for when a second season hasn't been green-lit. Obviously sequels ended up coming out, but if they didn't and this was the end, then it's a pretty good ending.

The biggest worry I had was that they'd kill Asuna and bring her back to life with an ass-pull typical of anime. Instead they went the distance to come up with an interesting time-travel method that makes sense, provided you accept the time travel itself (and with magic, why not?) I was hoping they'd bring her back to the future as a little kid, but I guess that's too bittersweet for their tastes.
“Money can't buy dere”
Mar 6, 2018 3:35 AM

Apr 2013
It started off quite bad, but ended on a horrible note. I can't seem to find anything good about this show, I hope Shaft's adaption will be much better. 1/10
Mar 29, 2022 10:26 PM

Nov 2010
Story went all over the place. That final battle when all the girls kissed him and got all sorts of powers was ridiculous, but it was fun to watch.

Anyway, it felt like they just wanted to end this season ASAP for some reason. lol 6/10
Jun 27, 2022 4:13 AM

Jan 2020
All the pactios!

"A psychic cyborg who prefers to be on bottom." This girl is dangerous, they should never let her pactio ever again.

Well, that was something. I feel like the series started out with a lot of promise and then just kind of slowed as it progressed. It was still pretty okay though. I definitely enjoyed some parts of it. On to the OVAs and Movie.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

More topics from this board

» Watchorder?

bezardo - Feb 17

5 by bezardo »»
Feb 22, 10:00 PM

» So this and Zero no Tsukima have matching music.

momentie - Oct 9, 2022

5 by momentie »»
Dec 14, 2022 5:25 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Episode 15 Discussion

jacobpaige - Feb 21, 2008

12 by Punkero »»
Oct 31, 2022 4:42 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Episode 25 Discussion

Voltlighter - Nov 25, 2007

11 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 6, 2022 4:16 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Episode 24 Discussion

Voltlighter - Nov 25, 2007

25 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 27, 2022 2:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.