Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2007 8:24 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was intense.

I still can't believe Asuna died! I mean really, it's like she died for no reason too. Vaguely mentions something about 10 years, birthdays, etc then BAM she's gone? -sigh-

But yeah, serious back stab by Yue there O_O although those are feelings she'd been keeping in for like, 10 episodes? lol.

2 more to go! 5/5
Feb 22, 2008 12:59 AM

Feb 2008
i can't believe they killed her either, but considering the fact that they never explained it i think there's a really good chance that she'll come back. i'm not sure she'll come back as a human tho.
Jul 11, 2008 6:07 PM

Jul 2007
/hate

why do they always kill the chars I like the most?
Aug 28, 2009 7:20 AM
Dec 2008
Just when i was beginning to like her too..and i also got a poster..
Aug 30, 2009 9:58 AM

Jun 2009
what's going on in this series? I don't understand anything? and the Ghost girl seems to have disappear too:-(
Nov 1, 2009 12:57 PM

Jun 2009
This shows taking a weird freaking turn, changed the entire vibe of the show completely these last few eps. Not sure what to make of it. School days ending? lets hope not. LOL
Jan 9, 2010 10:17 AM
Apr 2009
Well suddenly this anime started to really suck really bad. There no mention of this in the manga, the storyline is not right the whole series. Characters are missing, events aren't occurring, events that shouldn't be happening are, characters are dying off too when no one dies in the manga. WTF is happening in this anime?
Jan 9, 2010 1:16 PM

Jan 2010
+1 to xmiq's post...
Also, does anyone understand wtf Setsuna's letter to Konoka meant?
Oct 1, 2010 3:27 PM

Jun 2010
Yue was kind of harsh at the end of the episode, but considering she'd put her own feelings on the backburner for Nodoka for so long without Nodoka actually acting on it, I found it hard to disagree with her.

Crap, I really don't like to see my two favorite characters against each other like this.

brinan said:
School days ending?

Apr 13, 2011 2:20 PM

Nov 2009
Whoa! That was some backstab by Yue. :O
Jun 7, 2011 2:02 PM
Jul 2008
So they turned this from a school-life comedy into a bad soap in just 2 episodes? I hope they can set some things straight in the last 2...
Oct 13, 2012 1:01 PM

Sep 2012
Depressing episode and a WTF moment at the end.
Oct 17, 2012 8:08 PM

Mar 2012
Oh crap. It looks like I'll probably have to read the manga for clarification
Jan 18, 2013 2:00 PM

Aug 2010
What the hell? I can't believe Asuna died. What's with all this drama all of a sudden? How did Asuna die? Who was that demon? If the next two episodes don't explain what's going on, I'll be pissed.
Aug 30, 2013 12:36 AM
May 2013
Asuna got only 1 min wtf! she a MC.

I loved this episode it was so intense and full of drama.

Yue back stabbed Nodoka and betrayed her.
Apr 28, 2014 10:28 PM

Sep 2011
What a fucking mess....I mean shit Xebec either really hated Asuna or Akamatsu or both.

I mean this is like hilariously bad and yet horrible in the worst way possible. I don't even..........
Dec 2, 2014 12:57 AM

Jul 2007
brinan said:
This shows taking a weird freaking turn, changed the entire vibe of the show completely these last few eps. Not sure what to make of it. School days ending? lets hope not. LOL

I know lol wow. Can any one confirm if this is in the manga or an original anime ending. Though i have to say i like the change of pace, its about time this show has a little dramatics thrown into the mix of all that harem and romcom.

I been reading the manga as well and its just starting to get a little serous, but i haven't seen anything on this level in the manga yet.

Jun 6, 2015 10:34 AM

Mar 2010
CanadaAotS said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was intense.

I still can't believe Asuna died! I mean really, it's like she died for no reason too. Vaguely mentions something about 10 years, birthdays, etc then BAM she's gone? -sigh-

But yeah, serious back stab by Yue there O_O although those are feelings she'd been keeping in for like, 10 episodes? lol.

2 more to go! 5/5

I dont think shes a backstabber.. She gave nodoka so many opportunities and negi saw her as a friend at least for now so it is a sort of rejection.. Still she gave nodoka even more chances but she still does nothing besides being scared and content as is. So if shes fine with the way it is, no backstabbing.

I wouldve done the same tbh.. If the love isnt returned and your friend is ok as is.. Then why not..
Not like she cant stay friends.

Well i hope asuna gets revived or whatever in any way cause it is still too vague and she didnt even had a chance to show her pactio powers at all..
Feb 25, 2016 2:21 PM

May 2012
What an episode, especially that end! I really do wonder what actually happened to Asuna :'( Either way great development, let's see what's next!
Sep 3, 2016 8:07 PM

Feb 2010
Oh my goodness. Lots of crazy drama. I'm kind of confused. It seems like a different show. But I kinda like it haha. Hopefully things get cleared up.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Sep 8, 2016 6:02 AM

Nov 2008
"Ok guys, please unload that truck full of drama here" -the show's producer, probably.
Jul 3, 2017 8:08 PM

Dec 2013
Yue...wtf

I really don't want Asuna to come back but she will in the last episode.
Mar 5, 2018 9:06 AM

Apr 2013
Every time they tell that they love Negi or kiss him I have to think again that he's not even 10 years old... freaks.
Nov 25, 2018 10:09 PM

Sep 2013
At the end of the movie 'Clerks', Jeff Smith had the main character, Dante, get killed quite randomly by a guy who came in to rob the store. Smith pulled the scene because he didn't like it. He said that the only reason he put it in the movie in the first place was because he had been told that stories are only taken seriously if a character dies.

I kinda feel like that's what happened this episode. The writer was like, hmmm...I want this series to be really hard-hitting for some reason. I think I'll kill the MC for no reason."

Ugh

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 29, 2022 6:40 PM

Nov 2010
I'm still curious why Asuna suddenly died like that. I'm sure I didn't miss anything. They never disclosed what kind sickness or curse. It was just those vague flashbacks from a few eps. back.

Oof, Yue has gone for the kill. Nice.
Jun 27, 2022 2:53 AM

Jan 2020
At first I thought Asuna's ashes were on the dean's desk, and then Negi opened it up and I thought it was some weird lump that came from within Asuna's body. Then I realized it was just the bell. So, they burned her body, didn't keep any ashes, and kept one smoldered bell? That's weird.

Oh snap, Konoka is inviting Setsuna to be alone with her in her room. I was excited for some serious yuri progression, but for some reason Setsuna backed off. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

I'm guessing Yue kissed Negi to push Nodoka to make a move. It doesn't particularly seem like Yue actually has strong feelings for Negi. I guess they have shown her thinking about him a bit here and there, so it's possibly she does. But, I think she mostly just wants Nodoka to stop hesitating more than anything.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

More topics from this board

» Watchorder?

bezardo - Feb 17

5 by bezardo »»
Feb 22, 10:00 PM

» So this and Zero no Tsukima have matching music.

momentie - Oct 9, 2022

5 by momentie »»
Dec 14, 2022 5:25 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Episode 15 Discussion

jacobpaige - Feb 21, 2008

12 by Punkero »»
Oct 31, 2022 4:42 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Episode 25 Discussion

Voltlighter - Nov 25, 2007

11 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 6, 2022 4:16 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Episode 26 Discussion

Voltlighter - Nov 25, 2007

38 by commonxreaction »»
Jun 27, 2022 4:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.