3It was OK
10.5%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
114 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 24, 2007 11:41 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
what do you think of it was it better than the 1st season
Dec 15, 2007 4:27 PM
Nov 2007
It had it moments.
Frankly I prefered what Ai wore in the first season.
And how the flowers would come off it.
But here i found what she was wearing much too busy.

I also found the Revenge Granted much better in the first season.
The grandpa's voice seemed more fitting. And i think overall it sounds better then I've heard your hatred or what not.

I do like the fact that Ai has more emotion in her voice.
Overall it was another episode of Hell Girl.
Jun 29, 2008 11:26 PM

Nov 2007
marikslildevil said:
It had it moments.

The grandpa's voice seemed more fitting. And i think overall it sounds better then I've heard your hatred or what not.

I agree, if at all she should've worn something even more darker, or maybe Hone should've sounded more psychologically horrific, but oh well.

I also thought it would've been better if Hajime and Tsugumi Shibata returned. If at all to say bye or something. They didn't show how they left without Tsugumi's connection still on Ai or not.
Sep 24, 2008 3:22 AM

Feb 2008
It's so good to see Enma Ai again.
Great episode, I love her new Kimono.
I never expected that it was the teacher.
Nov 9, 2008 1:27 PM

Oct 2008
hmm okay maybe i shuold get the first season then..but already watched episode 1 now :P i'm kinda confused if the teacher and nakase working together to molest this girl <<"
Jul 25, 2009 7:26 AM

Oct 2008
Then the teacher AND the student were torturing her?
Man, this is probably where she wishes that she thought things through..xD
Aug 12, 2009 8:13 PM

Jan 2009
lol I thought it was funny how the caterpillars were in her mouth at the end.
Aug 12, 2009 8:23 PM

Jul 2009
I love the beginning. It was so sad.

I thought it was a really good story to start out the season.

And they even had a yuri moment to my pleasure:
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allen Poe

----

Sep 1, 2009 11:49 PM

Mar 2009
[Spoiler Below. Do not read if you don't want to know!]

Now that i think about it, remember when the girl text messaged her in class and told her that she knew who the culprit was and to meet her in a certain place? The mannequin was already set up there. This brings a new element to the plot.

However, the teacher did say that she wanted to try her experiments on the girl that told on her. Maybe that girl was being bullied too, or perhaps she was in on it and the teacher decided to turn on her. Afterall, she is pretty heartless to begin with. Tough call, but it leaves the story a bit open ended, which I think is great. Keeps you thinking of the possibilities.
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." Oogway
Sep 25, 2009 2:56 PM

Aug 2009
Lol nice episode.

Looks like that girl nakase was also one of the culprit. So, there were two culprits. One was the teacher(who was sent in hell) and the other one was that girl classmate.
Didn't see that coming.

Nice episode. Good to see some changes and such.
Mar 18, 2010 8:48 PM

Mar 2010
Sorkalith said:

However, the teacher did say that she wanted to try her experiments on the girl that told on her. Maybe that girl was being bullied too, or perhaps she was in on it and the teacher decided to turn on her. Afterall, she is pretty heartless to begin with. Tough call, but it leaves the story a bit open ended, which I think is great. Keeps you thinking of the possibilities.

i loved that little reveal at the end! personally, i think that the teacher had previously bullied nakase, and had given her a similar offer to the one she gave onda, which she accepted.

hey, it actually gives it a bit of a happy ending! nakase was just another victim who regretted what she'd done...
Apr 29, 2010 11:55 AM

Aug 2008
Never would have thought Nakase was one of the bullies.
May 23, 2010 3:48 AM

Oct 2009
marikslildevil said:
It had it moments.

Lol, reading different subs doesn't mean the dialogue changed l0l.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2010 2:50 PM

Jul 2008
I always feel so bad when there are the episodes where even after someone is sent to hell, the person who pulled the string still has a terrible life.
Jul 9, 2010 6:52 AM

Dec 2009
i dont know if i'm right but for some strange reason i knew the first episode of the second season before watching Oó

may it was in the first season, too?

Jul 27, 2010 7:06 AM

Jun 2008
Wow never would have thought that it would be actually the teacher o.o.
Oct 29, 2010 1:33 PM

Jul 2010
I like Enma's new kimono, it's nice to see they've changed things a bit. Also that the female servant can turn into a doll is something new :O I liked the first few min, a bit more about Enma's past ^^ And who was the girl who was laughing jsut before we saw the teacher in the boat?... Looks like a new character?
Dec 25, 2010 4:06 PM

May 2010
I've waited a couple of years before watching this second season. My first impression is that it's way better than the first season.

Now I'm quite sad being so late =/

+1 for a strong flashback.
Jan 23, 2011 8:54 AM

Oct 2009
Great start! The beginning was freaking ^^
Well it was predictable that the sensei was the culprit and i also did suspect Nakase before, well i guess they were both doing it but Nakase decided to turn on her.
And i agree they should have kept the the old mans voice instead plus Ai's old Kimono was better as well, but its better than seeing the same Kimono again.

Nice new ending~
Feb 18, 2011 6:10 AM

Oct 2008
I like her new kimono.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 22, 2011 1:19 PM

Nov 2009
That teacher really is twisted, although I should be used to that by now :P

I really love how the girl who told on the teacher was one of the people who bullied her as well. I suspected there was more than just the teacher doing it, but I didn't put too much thought into who it may of been.
Jul 31, 2011 10:23 PM
May 2010
I liked the "experiment" scene with the flask and the CO2.
I have high hopes for this second season.
Oct 18, 2011 2:41 PM

Jul 2009
Looks like the animation improved in quality quite a bit. I dislike the design of the new outfit, the previous one was a lot more recognizable - this one seems like "just another kimono". Liked the episode nevertheless. I hope it won't follow the layout of the first season though.
Jan 26, 2012 12:44 PM

Aug 2009
Anitnelav said:
I like her new kimono.
Aug 8, 2012 11:19 AM

May 2012
Wow that started off quite epic! Loved the episode and her new kimono the story line was a bit fucked especially with the teacher and her acid, but at the end was that girl also pestering her?

Either way great new start of Jigoku Shoujo with a fitting ED!
Sep 16, 2012 1:35 AM

Apr 2011
So from what I muster from episode 1. The class rep chance's of being the culprit is pretty high and the teacher role, was added later on. The teacher seem like a S&M yuri lady.

Anyone notice the other loli in a grown, or the fact that the 3 helper's, has change position in the cursing?
Sep 16, 2012 1:33 PM

Oct 2009
I didn't know about the teacher, but that girl seemed a b*tch from the start.
Sep 19, 2012 6:03 PM

Jan 2012
if class rep and teacher was in it together, then why would she outed the teacher? I guess they had a fight over some crap?

first season was a snorefest 6/10 for me years ago... not expecting much in this 2nd season either

I just watch this shit b/c of Mamiko Noto and Ai
Nov 20, 2012 2:59 PM

Jan 2012
good to see Enma in action once again, watched the first season probably nearly a year ago so felt a wave of nostalgia in a weird way but I can tell from the first episode that they've changed it about a bit even with her new kimono, which wasn't all bad...

can't believe it was the teacher, she freaked me out at the end with the acid, cruel bitch, well... here we go again, hope this series isn't as hard to watch as I found the first season especially mid-way.
Jan 17, 2013 9:41 PM

May 2010
Well, in regards to the original question, I agree with some of the commenters that think too much has been added. As in, needless frills on top of what the first season did perfectly.

However, I wouldn't want more of the same thing. After all that development in the first season, what's going to happen now? Well, apparently, we're starting back at the beginning, but with more flash and dazzle. Is this season going to follow the same trajectory, or is it going to branch off? It's pretty intriguing, and it doesn't seem like something we can judge until we see more episodes.
“Money can't buy dere”
Feb 25, 2013 9:00 AM

Oct 2012
I like the little changes such as her kimono and not using Wanyuudou as the doll. I just hope it doesn't do 8 episodes of the same kind like the first season :p
Jun 18, 2013 7:23 PM

Jun 2012
I loved this punishment scene and after that shower scene I just knew it was the teacher it was to much coincidence that she was the one who found her but damn acid on her back this teacher deserved to go to hell only wonder did nakase also pester her?? I got mixed thoughts about it at 1 point I say yes because of the staples on the other hand I say no it was the teacher who used her stapler.

on the other hand this could be fixed easy she could just go to the police or what ever or change schools.
RobertovkJun 18, 2013 7:32 PM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Sep 9, 2013 2:24 PM

Aug 2013
I prefer her old kimono ver her new one, I liked the way the flowers flew off. I got soooo sad when I realized the teacher was the culprit, she seemed so nice! I've been looking forward to watching this season for a while nw and I hope it will be just as good as the first one, so far it seems epic! :D ^___^
Sep 28, 2013 2:55 PM

Aug 2008
I'm a bit confused. The spider is a "god" or something, isn't it? And it was telling Ai that her massacring the village was a heavy sin and that punishment was for her to be Hell Girl. But why would her punishment be for her to facilitate the revenge-taking of other people? Isn't revenge a heavy sin? So basically they are making it super easy for people to "sin". I don't get it.

Spider: Ai, you've sinned. So go and help other people sin.

Or is the Spider like Satan in Christian mythology. Still seems weird to me.
Oct 5, 2014 9:41 PM

Nov 2013
Great episode with plot twists galore! Was not expecting the teacher to be evil and even more so was not expecting that student to be helping her.

Nov 30, 2014 7:40 PM

Feb 2013
Hmm well its nice to get back to this anime series after finishing S1.
Overall good start reintroducing the basics as to how the "contract" works and the general scenario's people will be seeing.
although this was another scenario that could easily been fixed without using the contract; as the girl could easily have went to the principal or the police. Especially after she broke free from the Sensei's grasp; as the burn on her back would more than enough evidence to convict that teacher and get herself free. Only thing is that little open story ending to the episode where it hinted that the Rep might've been apart of it.
I'm kinda hoping there will be more episodes where they really have No other choice BUT to use the contract. as that annoyed me sometimes in S1.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Aug 18, 2015 10:07 AM

Dec 2014
Jeez. I fucking called it. It was the teacher. I learned from S1 and from several other shows and storylines that the one that seems least suspecting to the protagonist's POV is actually the culprit a good amount of times. Especially in this show. Like the episode in S1 with the detective who turned out to be the stalker.

That was a good episode though.
LeMastaAug 18, 2015 10:12 AM
Nov 4, 2015 5:25 PM

Jan 2014
Good ep..
I have high hopes for this season.
Aug 3, 2016 7:30 AM

Jan 2008
I was annoyed with what happened to the teacher in the end. I was hoping she would have met a worse fate.
Oct 8, 2016 10:00 AM

Jun 2015
I just have one thing to say, she had the same kimono for 400 years and she changes it now? and why was Hone in place of Wanyudo?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 23, 2017 11:27 AM

Apr 2009
New Kimono and pose for Ai.

What happened to Tsugumi and Hajime chan?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2017 8:17 AM

May 2015
Cool. Her doll is now hot lady. :D

New kimono is awesome. :)

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 1, 2017 2:07 AM

Sep 2012
Antarael said:
hmm okay maybe i shuold get the first season then..but already watched episode 1 now :P i'm kinda confused if the teacher and nakase working together to molest this girl <<"
YoruichiS2 said:
Then the teacher AND the student were torturing her?
Man, this is probably where she wishes that she thought things through..xD
Moonfrost said:
Lol nice episode.

Looks like that girl nakase was also one of the culprit. So, there were two culprits. One was the teacher(who was sent in hell) and the other one was that girl classmate.
Didn't see that coming.

Nice episode. Good to see some changes and such.
darkerealm said:
Never would have thought Nakase was one of the bullies.
RafaelDeJongh said:
Wow that started off quite epic! Loved the episode and her new kimono the story line was a bit fucked especially with the teacher and her acid, but at the end was that girl also pestering her?

Either way great new start of Jigoku Shoujo with a fitting ED!
vansonbee said:
So from what I muster from episode 1. The class rep chance's of being the culprit is pretty high and the teacher role, was added later on. The teacher seem like a S&M yuri lady.

Anyone notice the other loli in a grown, or the fact that the 3 helper's, has change position in the cursing?
bonesy said:
I didn't know about the teacher, but that girl seemed a b*tch from the start.
flaxman85 said:
if class rep and teacher was in it together, then why would she outed the teacher? I guess they had a fight over some crap?

first season was a snorefest 6/10 for me years ago... not expecting much in this 2nd season either

I just watch this shit b/c of Mamiko Noto and Ai
Raulzus said:
Great episode with plot twists galore! Was not expecting the teacher to be evil and even more so was not expecting that student to be helping her.
LeMasta said:
Jeez. I fucking called it. It was the teacher. I learned from S1 and from several other shows and storylines that the one that seems least suspecting to the protagonist's POV is actually the culprit a good amount of times. Especially in this show. Like the episode in S1 with the detective who turned out to be the stalker.

That was a good episode though.
@disco

its clear that the teacher scared her as well & made a ultimatum like she did to her (i mean the victim) before she send her to hell, in other words she said work for me or i continue bullying u so u can be sure that she said to class rep similar thing just one difference work with me or i will start to bully u like i bully her

Sorkalith said:
[Spoiler Below. Do not read if you don't want to know!]

Now that i think about it, remember when the girl text messaged her in class and told her that she knew who the culprit was and to meet her in a certain place? The mannequin was already set up there. This brings a new element to the plot.

i kind off agree, that's kind of what i was saying, but if she was bullying her others would have noticed like others noticed that she was bullying the victim mane girl, that's why i said its more likely she threatened to start to bully her like she bullied mane girl

GarLogan78 said:
I always feel so bad when there are the episodes where even after someone is sent to hell, the person who pulled the string still has a terrible life.

this may not be the case here anymore cause the sensei was pulling the string like i said above, but ofc doing what she did depite being forced to do it maybe made her discover a S inside of her & she continues bullying her who knows its not impossible they didn't show us more so rest is left to our imagination's :D

xXC64Xx said:
That teacher really is twisted, although I should be used to that by now :P

I really love how the girl who told on the teacher was one of the people who bullied her as well. I suspected there was more than just the teacher doing it, but I didn't put too much thought into who it may of been.

are u blind :) one sensei + class rep were bullying her, but above i mentioned why class rep was part of it

Lightshade49 said:
Hmm well its nice to get back to this anime series after finishing S1.
Overall good start reintroducing the basics as to how the "contract" works and the general scenario's people will be seeing.
although this was another scenario that could easily been fixed without using the contract; as the girl could easily have went to the principal or the police. Especially after she broke free from the Sensei's grasp; as the burn on her back would more than enough evidence to convict that teacher and get herself free. Only thing is that little open story ending to the episode where it hinted that the Rep might've been apart of it.
I'm kinda hoping there will be more episodes where they really have No other choice BUT to use the contract. as that annoyed me sometimes in S1.

read my stuff above

& when it comes to going to the principal or police its her word against the sensei's word when she claims she did it & if she have done it later when sensei got acid on her face sensei can say she assaulted her who will they believe respected sensei or a student & class rep would have hold her tongue in fear of sensei getting away with it & latter bullying her
Sugram22Nov 1, 2017 3:07 AM
Nov 1, 2017 2:13 AM

Sep 2012
i heard that there will be new char who's like Tsugumy sees Ai in her visions & works like Hajime, by that i mean starts to try to save ppl like he did, but if i got it right from what i read she starts to do her stuff in next season in s3 or her plot is dragged from s2 mid season to s3 one of the 2option is correct, but she should make her first appearance in this season
Nov 1, 2017 2:52 AM

Sep 2012
lunarsensitive said:
I'm a bit confused. The spider is a "god" or something, isn't it? And it was telling Ai that her massacring the village was a heavy sin and that punishment was for her to be Hell Girl. But why would her punishment be for her to facilitate the revenge-taking of other people? Isn't revenge a heavy sin? So basically they are making it super easy for people to "sin". I don't get it.

Spider: Ai, you've sinned. So go and help other people sin.

Or is the Spider like Satan in Christian mythology. Still seems weird to me.

being hell girl as punishment in a way makes sense when it comes to the world of the dead spiritual word cause as hell girl she is a tool to be used by ppl, when she is tool & has to do that job despite she doesn't want to, she doesn't want to do it if its not her grudge cause her grudge has been done the hole village is dead so she feels like any person would who's forced to kill, would u like to be forced to kill ppl? ofc u don't, she doesn't kill innocent ppl, but its still hard + cause it curses 2 souls makes it harder cause a innocent person ruins himself/herself, think logically, & that spider is master of hell so he can do what he wants & cause he forces her the sin stains him not her

or maybe its cause its stains the hell girl's user that users soul is the price its not sin for Ai, i mean cause of that it doesn't effect her, with that deal user accepts to take to sin on himself/herself

also i guess jap religion is like that if a god or master of hell gives u killing as a punishment in afterlife its not a sin & ur forced to do it is not a sin cause its ur punishment to be a tool to be used
Sugram22Nov 1, 2017 4:22 AM
Dec 18, 2017 3:48 AM

Oct 2015
That psycho teacher's ending was pretty damn satisfying. Yummy.

Who's the smirking girl at the end?
Feb 20, 2019 5:01 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
this was a sick and heartbreaking episode.
This poor girl. And that crazy teacher :/

Mar 25, 2020 10:00 PM

Jun 2016
Man so many sickos in this world. That bitch too. fake friend fuck outta here,man I hate fake people.
Jan 23, 2021 10:23 AM

Mar 2019
Things are different. Wanyuudou was not the doll and he wasn't the one to talk after the ending song either. And Ai's clothes look different. And she seems kinda happier? Everything being related to the 1st season and how she has forgiven the guy.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 7, 2022 9:33 AM

Aug 2022
Wow a great start to the season, already looking to be just as good, if not even better than season one. It still looks the same visually which I'm happy with and it seems it's going to be even more graphic when it comes to the horrible acts committed by those causing grievances. I'm hoping we get some sort of overarching plot later in the series like we did in season one, as much as I love the contained story format for individual episodes the overarching plot of season one with Hajime and Tsugumi investigating Jigoku Shoujo really kept me at the height of my interest.

I also love the small details such as the intro changing, personally I prefer the differences visually here. I also much prefer the visuals show when Ai sends people to hell and her new Kimono looks beautiful.

It's too bad it was seemingly a sad ending anywaywith the reveal of the staplers stuck to the girls jacket belonging to her new friend, even with the teacher gone she's still forced to suffer.
ImoutoCollectorSep 7, 2022 9:39 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 18, 2008

66 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 25, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MEGATRON - Jul 23, 2008

64 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 20, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

64 by nrrc102 »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:21 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

so_addictive - Apr 22, 2008

85 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 8 Discussion

figure8life - Jul 20, 2009

46 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.