Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 14, 2019 1:18 PM

Feb 2017
That was way more emotional than Nagisa's death for me. Though I was spoiled on one and not the other so the shock definitely added to the emotional impact. I only felt numb during the Nagisa scene because I knew it was coming, but I was devastated by the Ushio scene. Holy heck that was sad.
Jul 27, 2019 5:46 AM
Apr 2016
Wow, she's seriously sick, it's frightening. It seems like she died at the end, but I hope not, I hope she is actually alive and will get better.
Aug 12, 2019 5:37 PM

Oct 2018
Damn, Nagisa's death was a punch in the gut, but Ushio's death was a karate kick to the balls and getting your heart ripped out. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
I always lose at disc golf. I keep throwing the game.
Oct 2, 2019 8:12 AM

Feb 2019
Did Ushio die? What the hell is happening? I thought Tomoya would finally find some peace and happiness after accepting Nagisa's death and start a new life with Ushio, but what the hell is happening?

What's the point of it all if both of them dies? What's Tomoya's reason to live? I have so many questions and so many emotions right now. I'm sad and depressed, but honestly I'm a bit angry as well. Will have to see what next episode brings because at this point I can't predict what the next episode will be at all.

I hope Ushio just passed out or something. She can't die, she just can't. Nagisa dying was enough. Tomoya has gone through enough. She can't die.
Oct 17, 2019 8:09 PM
Sep 2017
Please don’t let her be dead! That other world has to have a purpose here - and the balls of light with the wishes. They HAVE to! She CANNOT BE DEAD!!!
Feb 7, 2020 10:55 PM
Oct 2019
holy crap! OCEANS! FRICKIN OCEANS R COMING OUT OF MY EYES!
Mar 23, 2020 8:14 PM

Jul 2016
Uh... is it just me or did Tomoya just quicken his daughter's death? sigh* and here I thought quitting his job would be his only bad decision during this episode...

And that ED once again killing the whole atmosphere -.-

Kinda meh episode, being honest. I don't really get the point of killing Ushio off. Not to mention also that the "unknown illness" trope in drama anime is really starting to piss me off.
Oct 12, 2020 2:45 AM

Jun 2020
Literally why? Just when things are going well with the Father and Daughter and now this? Are you fucking kidding me....Ushio died this can't be it she probably just a sleep or unconscious.

Anyway it was a very sad episode the fact that Ushio died is enough to make me cry.
Jan 10, 2021 5:47 PM

May 2019
Why he must bring out Ushio to walk in the heavy snowy weather. He must be quicken her death as expected after being diagnosed with the same illness as her mum. Isn't it too quick to kill off this character ? He just following Akio's path now and it turns even worst. If only he not talk with Nagisa from the beginning his life would not be this miserable. Will see how it go. She is just too early to die for me too care enough.

Feb 13, 2021 5:05 PM

Apr 2017
Well, I guess if they killed Nagisa, might as well kill Ushio too for maximum sadness.
cunnysseur
Mar 12, 2021 4:58 AM
Mar 2021
There was no reason to kill Ushio off
Apr 12, 2021 4:03 AM

May 2020
Bruh Tomoya was happy for like only 2 or 3 episodes...let this man be happy
Apr 14, 2021 11:41 PM
Dec 2020
This the only anime that made me cry 😭
Jul 3, 2021 11:40 PM
Jan 2021
Why does Tomoya have to go through the same pain again? Now that Nagisa, the one who kept him sane, was gone, I just hope that he will eventually recover and be finally happy. I've never seen him smile genuinely since Nagisa died. Give him a little break.
Jul 27, 2021 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
I just keep crying and crying... I've this anime so much but I want it to end, I physically and mentally can't take this pain I've been crying for hours nonstop
Aug 9, 2021 11:48 AM
May 2021
sigma grindset #174 - when you think your kid is dead, sit there and smother them in the snow instead of rushing to a hospital
Oct 31, 2021 11:39 AM

Feb 2020
I knew what was coming because I got spoiled (thanks Youtube recommendations), but still... That hurt. A lot. Give my poor Tomoya a break. And give me one too.

That felt weird to rewatch Clannad's opening scene at the end. The show has changed so much since then... Which is a great thing, since part of the message is to teach us that things do change. And it has been a particularly great change lately, ever since Ushio's first appearance it just felt like a completely different anime, in a good way. But I'm gonna miss Ushio so much, and I'm not certain I'm ready to watch Tomoya suffer again after everything. That's unfair. I know the point is that life can be unfair, but it is turning into cruelty. It is realistic but come on, stop breaking my heart... And when I think about Akio and Sanae, they lost their daughter and now their granddaughter as well, that's horrible. And don't get me started with Fuko who found a friend in Ushio.

The one thing I really have to complain about though, is the fact that the show never bothered to give an explanation to Nagisa's (and now Ushio's) illness. For it to be so vague kind of breaks the immersion.

Oh and I forgot to add something, which is that what I find the most painful is that Tomoya might be partially to blame for Ushio's death. Not bringing her to the hospital was a very bad idea, sure, Ushio wanted to stay home but this kind of decision is what killed Nagisa. They wouldn't have been capable to do much but at least they could've stabilize her state. And not only that, but if Tomoya didn't bring Ushio out in the cold, it maybe wouldn't have happened. Ushio already seemed to be in a very bad sstate so it's not granted that she would've survived much longer, but it is clear getting out of bed and walking in the cold didn't help her case at all.
And what makes it worse, is that I know he was probably to blame, yet I just can't get mad at him, because in the end, he just tried to make his daughter happy... And he did make her happy. This is very hard to think about how he had to choose between protecting Ushio's health but let her feel sad and lonely or granting her wish even if it meant putting her health at risk.
FafetteOct 31, 2021 11:48 AM
Nov 22, 2021 11:22 PM

Aug 2018
This is started to feel like eternal pain after this episode, poor Tomoya just can't seem to get good life for himself.
It was what it was and the pain really could've been felt while watching but people were right about this show, it really is very emotionally powerfull and can break people who are who are easily hurt
Jan 18, 2022 10:35 PM

Jan 2016
Why would he take Ushio out in that weather?
Jan 19, 2022 2:15 AM

May 2021
Sulfur2 said:
Why would he take Ushio out in that weather?
In the end, both Tomoya and Ushio knew that she didn't have any time left. Taking her on the trip was similar . She wanted this one last thing, the only thing in the world she could think about, those happy times she spent with daddy. She wanted to relive them one last time, and Tomoya knew that it was better for her to get that chance than to just waste away in bed regretting that she never got to take another trip with him.
May 30, 2022 11:45 PM
Mar 2022
I love this series but honestly, I'm not sure how much more suffering I can endure. WHY GOD WHY? First Tomoya's wife Nagisa died, now his daughter Ushio...

When Tomoya SCREAMED Ushio, I can feel his PAIN...
LewisHarrisonMay 30, 2022 11:48 PM
Jul 8, 2022 5:49 AM

Jul 2021
Wtf?

Wtf just happened?

Can't digest this, can't accept this.

I've very very confused feelings for this episode. On one hand it felt forced, unnatural and I kept asking WHY????? and on the other hand it seems like there's some reason. IDK man my head is a mess rn after watching this episode. I didn't even cry that much, this seems unreal, like a bad dream. I refuse to accept this, they can't just kill her off like that, even Nagisa survived all those years and Ushio can't survive the first wave of the unknown illness? IDK man I don't accept this.

I'm not ready to watch another episode of depression- the anime. Will come back later.
TsutanaiFuunJul 8, 2022 5:54 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 6, 2022 6:19 PM

May 2018
Is he like stupid or something? What the fuck was he even think was going to happen?

sladke said:
sigma grindset #174 - when you think your kid is dead, sit there and smother them in the snow instead of rushing to a hospital

He didn't even do CPR or call 999 like he wanted the kid to die at this point
SeijatachiiiiSep 6, 2022 7:10 PM
Sep 6, 2022 11:22 PM

Mar 2018
Seijatachiiii said:
Is he like stupid or something? What the fuck was he even think was going to happen?

sladke said:

He didn't even do CPR or call 999 like he wanted the kid to die at this point

Not sure why people complain about this scene... The doctors couldn't do anything, so the only thing he could do was to try to grant his child's only wish. Tomoya was also very weak, he could barely stand up a few moments before, they didn't have much food and water, and the apartment had a lot of bags of trash, meaning that he also hasn't been out in days.

All of that accumulated, and after Ushio dies, Tomoya falls into the snow, heavily implying that he also died there (due to the stress, malnutrition, etc. accumulated). This is not my interpretation, it's the show giving all those details.

What I'm trying to say is that Tomoya had also a pretty bad health at this point, no one thinks in what's objectively correct in that situation.
Sep 25, 2022 3:05 AM

Jul 2022
I'm already at a point where I don't know if it's healthy for me to continue with the next episode

It hurts too much, it hurts
Dec 5, 2022 7:50 PM
May 2020
wow. just when i thought it couldnt get any sadder
Dec 15, 2022 1:05 PM
May 2021
Amazing Anime=Amazing Episode!
Jan 31, 2023 7:08 PM
Feb 2021
My guy reloaded his save. pretty sad episode though, the montage was a bit much though. Okazaki yelling for Nagisa was hella sad though
Feb 20, 2023 3:05 PM
Aug 2020
wtf is going on, tomoya is truly cursed wtf
Mar 18, 2023 12:03 AM
Mar 2023
holy shit are these writers mentally unhinged
May 27, 2023 4:36 PM
Nov 2022
That was cruel, but it shows that I really do care about the characters. The Nagisa one was already quite bad, now it is a disaster.
Jul 2, 2023 8:55 AM
Jul 2023
It’s so touching!!
Jul 7, 2023 4:21 PM

Jun 2021
HOPE 0% DESIRE TO COMMITE HATE CRIME 100% :,,,(((((
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Nov 17, 2023 6:55 PM

Apr 2021
Okazaki has a huge burden on his conscience, I hope he's okay, he had to leave everything behind.

I can't believe this happened T_T
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

727 by -45- »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

OurSocialStatus - Mar 26, 2009

323 by Bruh69XD »»
May 2, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1169 by Bruh69XD »»
Apr 30, 5:37 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

5 by lycan_ »»
Apr 30, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.