3It was OK
4.2%
2Disliked it
2.2%
1Hated it
3.3%
Average 4.6
981 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 2009 7:36 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Basic BAWWWW episode. Not as bad as when Nagisa died, but it was still sad. ;A;
Mar 8, 2009 7:46 PM

Oct 2007
To be perfectly honest I did not like this episode.

When Ushio seemingly died or at least passed out I was just WTF? Not a good WTF like ga-rei zero or Higurashi I can't believe that just happened WTF just a "why? over done unnecessary drama WTF? The whole episode was just slow and that I have no idea how they're going to bring it together to make a cohesive ending in one episode frustrates me. The fact that there was not nearly enough Fuko or Kotomi this season also pisses me off but I'm not going to get nitpicky. I think maybe I'll watch episode 18 again so all will be forgiven.
Mar 8, 2009 7:46 PM

Aug 2007
well, it's been a while since i watched it, so the sadness and tears have gone away for the most part, but still... Ushio. Now we just have to wait for the finale and many revelations.
so_addictive said:
To be perfectly honest I did not like this episode.

When Ushio seemingly died or at least passed out I was just WTF? Not a good WTF like ga-rei zero or Higurashi I can't believe that just happened WTF just a "why? over done unnecessary drama WTF? The whole episode was just slow and that I have no idea how they're going to bring it together to make a cohesive ending in one episode frustrates me. The fact that there was not nearly enough Fuko or Kotomi this season also pisses me off but I'm not going to get nitpicky. I think maybe I'll watch episode 18 again so all will be forgiven.
As for that, it's called after story for a reason, It's supposed to be the story of Tomoya, Nagisa, and Ushio.
Mar 8, 2009 7:49 PM

Oct 2008
I can't remember the last episode that didn't make me cry.

One to go, and as much as I love this series I'm not sure I could take any more!
Mar 8, 2009 7:58 PM
Mar 2008
Man wtf man, *goes to the local park and roundhouses everyone in sight.* Pretty sad episode, man ED could of at least changed for this ep too lol. Last moments of Ushio were cute.
Mar 8, 2009 8:51 PM

Nov 2007
This was a sad episode. For some reason it didn't have as strong of an impact on me as when Nagisa died. I really hope that the next episode can rap up the rest in a good way. I don't even know what to expect next episode. I would like to see more of the imaginary world and such. If there ever was a very extremely bad time to play Torch, that was the time. I think the ending this time really ruined the episode for me. It would have been really cool if they had Ushio sing Dango Daikazoku. I would have cried if they did.
Mar 8, 2009 9:53 PM

Aug 2008
Ushio died, and apparently the world "ended"... A sad end no matter how you look at it.
Awww and I thought there would be more. Next episode's named after the predecessor of the Dango Daikazokou song by the way.
Sad endings are usually more interesting anyway...
Mar 8, 2009 10:03 PM

Jul 2008
Just when I thought it could get any sadder it got sadder... sob* Do wonder what Tomoya is going to do after this...
Mar 8, 2009 10:05 PM

Dec 2008
next episode was named as "Final episode" @ preview and anidb says total 22 episodes >.<
20px!!!!
Mar 8, 2009 10:11 PM
Mar 2009
I'm really hung up on this ending now. Most of the show built me up for a happy ending, but then Nagisa died, and I could barely take that, even after Ushio and Tomoya started living together. (And yeah, I cried when I saw that episode with the sunflowers) This is to much though, its heartbreaking. I just can't accept both Nagisa and Ushio dying, its all wrong. What was the point of Tomoya recovering from Nagisa's death and getting his second chance at life with his daughter if your just going to kill her off a few episodes later. Whats he gonna do next? I'm predicting their gonna come out with a big miracle at the end. That thing with the lights that grant wishes is probably going to come into play along with the story about the girl in the other world. He's gonna get them back I just know it! It if works out kinda like that then I'm gonna look back on this ep and say it was brilliant. If not, then yeah, I didnt like it
Mar 8, 2009 10:31 PM

Apr 2007
sigh.

do they all have to die on tomoya's arms? ;____;
poor guy.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 8, 2009 10:59 PM

Apr 2008
Well, there are those orbs of happiness or whatever and they could cause a miracle to happen to save Ushio. Also, there is the place where Akio took Nagisa when she was little and horribly sick. Maybe Tomoya will take her there? And there's a hospital there now so, that doubles the chance of Ushio being saved. Of course, maybe I'm just really hoping for a happy ending for Tomoya. >_>
Mar 8, 2009 11:23 PM

Feb 2008
What did Tomoya do to be punished that hard.....hopetheres a happy ending
Mar 8, 2009 11:48 PM

Jan 2009
Such a sad episode.
Here's to a happy ending.
Is ep 22 really the last?

Mar 9, 2009 12:01 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I never imagined that they would go for an ending like this. T_____T
I hope that maybe Ushio will be saved somehow. Before this episode I was kinda hoping for Nagisa's return but I guess that won't happen. Oh Clannad.

ColdBeans said:
Is ep 22 really the last?
Sort of. Story-wise, yes. But there will be an episode 23 which will show the events one year before the current events.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 9, 2009 1:46 AM

Jan 2008
One of the worst directed episodes of Clannad, i didn't like this episode at all, it was supposed to be all tear-jerking and saddening etc... but instead i found it utterly ridiculous. Now i hope Tomoya dies in the last episode and i will remember this season with disappointment...
Mar 9, 2009 1:54 AM
Jan 2009
so.. story wise.. next episode really IS the last huh? i heard there was a follow up game to clannad which featured the years after all these happened..

and apparently...

but i guess that won't happen...

..considering what i recall from two or three episodes ago when...

hrmm.. well when it's done, it's done...
Asher-RestharvenMar 9, 2009 1:59 AM
Mar 9, 2009 3:08 AM

Apr 2007
I really loved this episode. And I don't think you noticed but at the end Tomoya collapsed and possibly died as well .. basing what I'm saying on the way he acted the whole episode. He was not healthy, not healthy at all.
I love Clannad, it's great that they manage to move me so much.

Mar 9, 2009 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
Another tearjerker episode. I hate the fact that this show is ending soon. I'll definitely miss it.
Mar 9, 2009 3:31 AM

May 2007
Butterflies. I see Air ending repeating itself.
Mar 9, 2009 3:37 AM

Jan 2008
If that really is the end of the story like cyruz says then i applaud them doing what other shows cannot/will not do and that is tactfully kill off main characters. As sad as it was, it was different and unexpected (to some degree).

kikoushi said:
One of the worst directed episodes of Clannad, i didn't like this episode at all, it was supposed to be all tear-jerking and saddening etc... but instead i found it utterly ridiculous. Now i hope Tomoya dies in the last episode and i will remember this season with disappointment...

Aside from being a bit rushed, i really didn't see anything too wrong with the episode. i sense such disdain and yet i can seem to figure out why.
Mar 9, 2009 3:57 AM

Jan 2008
how sad. poor Tomoya.. I hope this ends well....
Mar 9, 2009 5:30 AM
Nov 2007
The general feel of the show ever since they left school has been depressing (bring back Sunohara.) I really feel for Tomoya though pretty much all the people he loves die, the creators must hate him. Is Key incapable of a happy ending, at least one person has to suffer.
Yay, for the next episode in hopes of it finally explaining the whole empty world with the girl.
Mar 9, 2009 5:52 AM

Jan 2009
KEY certainly loves UNKNOWN ILLNESSES and sick moe characters, don't they? They did it with Shiori and Makoto in Kanon, Misuzu in AIR, and now Nagisa and Ushio. I mean, certainly, they make excellent moe characters, but the sick girl plot seems slightly overdone by now.

We definitely need more Mysterious Girl and Junk Doll scenes, since well, the Mysterious Girl is amazing and the animation quality seems to shoot up for those. KET has always managed a touch of surrealism, but I think those scenes nail it rather well.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Mar 9, 2009 9:08 AM
Feb 2009
Gosh.. And i thought that i have bad luck ;/ now I'm scared of watching next ep but still have a hope that it end not so bad :|
Mar 9, 2009 1:07 PM

Jan 2008
Anyone here that has played the game and still remembers it? How accurate is the show in relation to the game?
*Dusts off Clannad and reinstalls* D'oh, game's on my broken computer... <--- almost as sad as this series ;)

Mar 9, 2009 1:07 PM

Jan 2008
Gosh this evil thing is killing me T.T I hate it. In a good way though.

And I HATE Torch. In the BAD way ò.ó
Mar 9, 2009 3:42 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, next week is the ending already? D:

and once again the ED buttrapes the mood
Mar 9, 2009 4:13 PM

Dec 2008
Such a sad moment ... I feel sad for Tomoya who has to go through all this hardship... I told myself not to cry but it was too much. Last episode next week. I don't know what anime to follow after Clannad. It feels so empty when the series will be completed! :'( <3
Mar 9, 2009 8:23 PM

Jul 2008
bit too predictable
1:18 et vivus et fui mortuus et ecce sum vivens in saecula saeculorum et habeo claves mortis et inferni
Mar 10, 2009 1:59 AM

Apr 2008
It was predictable and nowhere near as sad when Nagisa died. That was a tearjerker, that made you go my god what have they done. This one didn't move me really like Naigsa's death which was unexpected and really emotional. This one was stupid and if you ask me unneeded. The fact she's very ill to begin with and he drags her outside in the winter just because she wants to go on a trip is asinine for a parent to do to begin with.

But I do feel remorse for Tomoya. Life keeps crushing one bit of joy and happiness of his for no rhyme or reason. I am hoping for a happy ending cause this one has been a ball breaker the entire way through something good has to happen right?
Mar 10, 2009 6:31 AM

Jun 2008
Now that I am able to post, my goodness. I have that Air feeling all over again, I refuse to believe Ushio is really gone. This is very upsetting and depressing, ugh!
Mar 10, 2009 8:10 AM

Mar 2008
Another tear jerking episode for me, but I'm still hoping for a good ending.
Mar 10, 2009 11:56 AM

Mar 2008
martin03345 said:
It was predictable and nowhere near as sad when Nagisa died. That was a tearjerker, that made you go my god what have they done. This one didn't move me really like Naigsa's death which was unexpected and really emotional. This one was stupid and if you ask me unneeded. The fact she's very ill to begin with and he drags her outside in the winter just because she wants to go on a trip is asinine for a parent to do to begin with.

But I do feel remorse for Tomoya. Life keeps crushing one bit of joy and happiness of his for no rhyme or reason. I am hoping for a happy ending cause this one has been a ball breaker the entire way through something good has to happen right?

Yeah.

I just hope Key doesn't fuck up and revive her next episode. I will seriously pull my hair out.
Mar 10, 2009 1:00 PM

Apr 2007
martin03345 said:

In the end, both Tomoya and Ushio knew that she didn't have any time left. Taking her on the trip was similar (both metaphorically and in execution) to the last scene with Misuzu in AIR TV. She wanted this one last thing, the only thing in the world she could think about, those happy times she spent with daddy. She wanted to relive them one last time, and Tomoya knew that it was better for her to get that chance than to just waste away in bed regretting that she never got to take another trip with him.
Mar 10, 2009 1:06 PM

Apr 2007
Sorry, double post ><
Mar 10, 2009 5:23 PM

Aug 2007
Tomoya will kill himself, nice boat.
Mar 10, 2009 6:21 PM

Aug 2008
What? The next episode is the final episode? Oh man...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2009 6:24 PM

Aug 2008
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2009 6:53 PM

Apr 2008
MRLX69 said:

That will seriously spoil my expectations of the series. The progression will be a total waste.

Mar 10, 2009 6:55 PM

Apr 2008
MRLX69 said:

That will seriously spoil my expectations of the series. The progression will be a total waste.

Mar 10, 2009 6:58 PM

Apr 2008
MRLX69 said:

Mar 10, 2009 8:24 PM

Apr 2008
MRLX69 said:

Mar 10, 2009 8:34 PM

Dec 2008
We get it, quit spamming. >.>

I'm considering skipping school just to watch this episode when it hits the web.

I don't think it will have a bad ending, but I won't believe anything until I watch the episode.

Thursday (or Friday) seem so far away....
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Mar 10, 2009 8:43 PM

Apr 2008
Roketsu said:
martin03345 said:

In the end, both Tomoya and Ushio knew that she didn't have any time left. Taking her on the trip was similar (both metaphorically and in execution) to the last scene with Misuzu in AIR TV. She wanted this one last thing, the only thing in the world she could think about, those happy times she spent with daddy. She wanted to relive them one last time, and Tomoya knew that it was better for her to get that chance than to just waste away in bed regretting that she never got to take another trip with him.

Metaphorical or not, even though that's obvious to see, it's still blatantly asinine. She is your child, you love her and want her to be better. Even though the chance of surviving might seem slim you can't lose hope and go out and do soemthing asinine like that. That's not good drama, that's not making one have to feel remorse for someone at least to me. That was a major screw up on his part that basically automatically damned her. On the other hand Nagisa didn't have a choice, she had no fault in it and was extremely touching to see her pain through child birth and trying to hold on when the outside circumstances absolutely were stacked up against her. That's good drama, that's a tearjerker. You'd have to have ice water in your veins and be a clinical sociopath not to be touched by that where with Ushio, it's Tomoya's fault for going out of his way to screw things up.
Mar 10, 2009 9:07 PM

Dec 2007
CkretAznMan said:

um, isn't episode 23 the last one?
Mar 10, 2009 9:20 PM

Dec 2007
CkretAznMan said:

um, isn't episode 23 the last one?
Mar 10, 2009 9:58 PM

Aug 2008
;O;

That's all I got to say. Ushio. Yr kawaiiness will always live to be strong >:O

Tomoyo barely got any screen time >_< Sucks.
Mar 10, 2009 10:51 PM

Mar 2008
Sylpheed said:
MRLX69 said:

Would be better than ushio magically surviving.

Which i can see happening.
Mar 10, 2009 11:05 PM

Dec 2008
M_A said:
Sylpheed said:
MRLX69 said:

Would be better than ushio magically surviving.

Which i can see happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if a good ending occured, personally.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.