Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 26, 2013 3:58 PM
Jan 2011
KAMIOPPAI said:
Trainwreck ending... all those plot holes are impossible to ignore. I hope there will be some OVA of some sort to explain the establishment of the Galactic Empire.

The trainwreck ending makes sense if there's actually a 3rd season so maybe?
Dec 26, 2013 4:17 PM
May 2013
Seem like the last ep was good... but shock at end of of show...
Wish it could carry on

=/
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 26, 2013 4:20 PM
May 2013
emil0v said:
Well Ill try to clear most of the plot holes that were left in the last episode
The current year in the series is "71 OF THE TRUE CALLENDAR" also known as the "0 year of the Third Galactic Reich" THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
Third Galactic Reich is the country established by the end of the series

The date in the future scenes with the little kid is the 221 Year of the Third Galactic Reich basicly 221 years after the events of the series.This means that the boy is not a child of the current charcters but rather theyr descendant and a Prince to the country they created.
The boy closely resemble L-elf in hair style and colour but has the same eye colour as Haruto

The Golden Seven are the pilots of the Valvraves few that are known to us are Rukino Saki there is a scene in the 7th episode of the 1st season fighting vs someone
Renboukoji Akira she is shown alive at the end of the last episde in the 2nd season in the future scene
Renboukoji Satomi he is shown in the future scenes in the year 221 which means he to has become a pilot
Sashinami Shoko she is show wearing the red suit that Haruto used to wear in the future scene in the 221 year in the last episode of the 2nd season which means that she has become the pilot of the unit-01

There will be a manga adaptation of the series bundled in a one volume scheduled for release on 4 Feb 2014 (wiki source)
There is also ongoin manga Kakumeiki Valvrave - Ryuusei no Otome/Ryuusei no Valkyrie that follows Rukino Saki story maybe there will be more answers to our questions

Thank for clear understanding... At this rate I think I go for manga more than anime as it more understand, and not too short ending... =/
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

Dec 26, 2013 4:21 PM
May 2013
KanameFujiwara said:
KAMIOPPAI said:
Trainwreck ending... all those plot holes are impossible to ignore. I hope there will be some OVA of some sort to explain the establishment of the Galactic Empire.

The trainwreck ending makes sense if there's actually a 3rd season so maybe?

As it show there seem to be no 3rd season so far.... so I don't know, I think we have to wait longer to find out about this question to be answer...
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

Dec 26, 2013 4:36 PM
Jul 2011
The Cause of Valvrave Liberator will\is going to have 3rd season is that Haruto Tokishima is not dead yet and there is no point to show his statue in theThe Ending of 2nd Season, So that I think Shoukou will find him somewhere in 3rd season.
Dec 26, 2013 4:39 PM

Dec 2011
I think people doesn't understand how VVV trainwreck born.

Great anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2013 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
Dem Plot holes though. What a laugh.

4.5/10.
Dec 26, 2013 4:51 PM

Jun 2013
No doubt in my mind now that there will be a season 3. Most obvious transition ever.
Dec 26, 2013 6:53 PM

Jun 2011
No one wants to comment on the green aliens at the end?
Number 7 jumps to 53 after 211 years.
Please Okouchi, are you kidding me?

Basically, loss end; promotes discussion.
Now wait for manga, novel, or whatever for official answers...

As far as for future VVV anime, I think it might be up to the popularity of Nana Mizuki and T.M.Revolution (ry
ShihDec 26, 2013 6:58 PM
Dec 26, 2013 6:56 PM

Mar 2012
This series was a trainwreck to begin with, it got better and better toward the end of this season -- then somehow screwed it all up by skipping a lot of things in the last episode. I personally feel like it's not as if the ending was horrible. The plotholes were also not as horrendous as some make it out to be, though some were obviously there. Personally, I wish they didn't project Haruto's death so much. It was so expected that by the end whatever possible sentiments were already gone.

It could've been way better if they forgot about the OP and used that 1:30 for additional narration at the end. Overall though, this was an unexpectedly decent series. Judging by this last episode, I doubt a 3rd season is forthcoming. Of course, it'd be nice to see a third season fill up the 200 year gap, but I just wouldn't count on it. 8/10
Dec 26, 2013 9:13 PM
Jul 2012
Well that was a fun ride, but I feel like it was too rushed for the finale. Would have liked more backstory into Pino and Prue as well as who the future prince is.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Dec 26, 2013 9:18 PM

Apr 2013
Valvrave will go down in anime history as of one of the greatest thing to ever be produced.

Plot holes, plot holes everywhere.
Dec 26, 2013 9:25 PM

Apr 2013
i have a feeling that haruto is alive just not in his body because when you die from losing your memories you die right then and there so idk hope for season 3 lolz
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Dec 26, 2013 9:36 PM
Nov 2010
So rushed, but nice ride none the less. I feel like they could've shorten the Earth Arc a bit and add an extra episode to the finale.

So the Golden 7 confirmed to be the the valvrave pilots: Haruto, Saki, Inuzuka-senpai, Yamada, Akira + Shoko and Satomi? I don't like how Shoko is a pilot though, she needs more screen time to redeem herself... Akira's narration don't count. I also want to see the future valvraves... Satomi probably pilot a new one and VVV I is probably upgraded like VVV IV...?
Dec 26, 2013 9:47 PM
Nov 2013
The only thing this episode had going for it: HarutoxL-elf. And I'd never even cared to that degree. Saki and Shouko were a mass of unimportant.

RIP Season 3- that would have had this show so much better.
Dec 26, 2013 9:48 PM

Oct 2008
Actually a satisfying ending, Sunrise showed how to save a trainwreck and make it entertaining, of course the plot is still a disaster, but I'm giving it a 6.5/10 for the enjoyment and because L-Elf is fucking awesome, oh, and for all those massive killings.
Dec 26, 2013 9:49 PM

May 2013
So Haruto's dead?! And it looks like Shoko is now piloting Haruto's valvrave. Confused at the end, but oh well. Good series.
Dec 26, 2013 9:50 PM

Jan 2012
That was just awful.

But I guess I can look forward to it being on a SRW game someday... maybe.
Dec 26, 2013 9:52 PM

Aug 2010
What's with the WTF ending XD So damn rushed.

The fight with Cain wasn't bad, predictable with Haruto losing all his memories.
Nice seeing L-Elf call him friend.

But nothing about the future was explained. So whose kid is the kid??? Even Shouko became immortal?? WTF?
So there are even more possibilities XD...L-ElfxShouko/Saki...A-DreixSaki? Or maybe even Haruto when he raped Saki lol XD...But Saki didn't seem to treat him as her son.

All in all much better than season 1 but the ending was disappointing :(...7.5-8/10
Barion-ZaraDec 26, 2013 9:57 PM
Dec 26, 2013 9:53 PM

Oct 2007
As someone who has followed this show and generally enjoyed it (episodes around #5 notwithstanding) I don't think it's possible to not be disappointed in this finale. A lot of unresolved and under explored potential in this show that makes me feel it must have been cut short due to lack of popularity/ratings. It happens a lot to Western Sci-Fi series I've enjoyed in the past so it's nothing new as far as the feeling of disappointment goes.

I could blame the writer somewhat, but honestly it seems more fare to blame the relatively short episode count like I have for a lot of shows that have ended up somewhat disappointing in the end. Oh well at least I still have Build Fighters and Buddy Complex has no Aniplex or crazy ass Okouchi that I know of and if there's any trend I'm noticing it's that Sunrise seems to do better with their mecha shows when they supervise everything on their own as a producer like with Unicorn and Build Fighters than when they let other producers take the lead like Level 5 and Aniplex as was the case with Gundam AGE and Valvrave respectively.
PeacingOutDec 26, 2013 9:57 PM
Dec 26, 2013 9:55 PM

Apr 2010
This show was one huge trainwreck, but I still enjoyed it... for the most part. This ending was unsatisfying.
Dec 26, 2013 9:59 PM

Dec 2010
Enjoyed it, but the ending was shit -_-

But it's unlikely we'll get a season 3

Would've been interesting since Harutos dad still has Harutos DNA map so he can create more Harutos ^^
Evil Haruto army, anyone? :P
Dec 26, 2013 10:02 PM
Nov 2013
Marow said:
So, I dropped Valvrave during the second season since I couldn't survive it any longer.

How glorious was this mess?

Actually, the true mess was the ending(and the wasted season 1 eps), if looked at overall. The ending was fine, but full of holes. The love triangle makes you cringle, but the L-Elf and Haruto friendship moments were cool. They were the only thing this dull finale had going for it. KV had quite a few shining moments. But since you dipped out, you probably don't know. Not that it means anything, since they let it go down a hole in just 30 minutes of 'wrap it up' anime television. Definitely not the the Majestic Prince ending I was expecting. Too bad...too sad....oh well. On to my next machine obsession. I wonder if any good mecha is airing next season?..And that backlog of Demonbane...what to do? What to do?

Already these characters are becoming a thing of the past.
Dec 26, 2013 10:06 PM

Oct 2007
Drawnfreak said:
Marow said:
So, I dropped Valvrave during the second season since I couldn't survive it any longer.

Actually, the true mess was the ending(and the wasted season 1 eps), if looked at overall. The ending was fine, but full of holes. The love triangle makes you cringle, but the L-Elf and Haruto friendship moments were cool. They were the only thing this dull finale had going for it. KV had quite a few shining moments. But since you dipped out, you probably don't know. Not that it means anything, since they let it go down a hole in just 30 minutes of 'wrap it up' anime television. Definitely not the the Majestic Prince ending I was expecting. Too bad...too sad....oh well. On to my next machine obsession. I wonder if any good mecha is airing next season?..And that backlog of Demonbane...what to do? What to do?

I wouldn't say that it was filled with holes so much as it felt like a lot of things could have been more fleshed out and explored and thus elevated the show overall if it had just been given more episodes.

There's Buddy Complex by the way that I mentioned that starts next season and sort of gives the impression that Sunrise is trying a do over on the whole 2 cour mecha series thing on their own terms and without Aniplex similar to how Build Fighters is clearly a do over of the whole Kids show themed Gundam thing without Level 5. People have already pointed out some similarities in designs and what appears to be some character dynamic ideas with Valvrave only somehow I don't figure it turns out quite the same in approach. It's already clearly further along in production than Valvrave was when it was first announced for starters and looks like it will be less about trying to surprise and shock you ala Okouchi's style of writing and more down to Earth, at least as far as shows about Giant Robots go.
PeacingOutDec 26, 2013 10:11 PM
Dec 26, 2013 10:07 PM

Aug 2011
Valvrave was a fun show for all the lulz and "holy shit" moments. I liked this season better than the first one. It's a shame they rushed the epilogue without explaining more stuff.

A-Drei caught the flower bouquet at Satomi's wedding. Maybe the Prince is his son after all. XD
CrimsonPhantomDec 26, 2013 10:13 PM
Dec 26, 2013 10:07 PM

Dec 2010
I knew that this would be rushed if they tried to squeeze it all into one episode, and it certainly was... But I enjoyed it. Bittersweet endings are usually pretty great in my eyes, because its much more realistic, in life very rarely does everyone get a happy ending. So I think it was fitting that Haruto died, sad, but fitting. He fought all the way to the end, even when he was giving up the very things that made him human.

The epilogue scene was very rushed, I could forgive the actual episode, but the epilogue was the stuff I really wanted to see them delve into! I guess we can assume that the prince is a descendant of A-Drei, and Kreimhild based off of the fact that Saki never refers to the Prince as her son or a descendant.

I feel like 2-3 more episodes describing the epilogue would have been perfect, but I suppose where they ended it was fine. Leaves a lot up to the imagination, which isn't always a bad thing. I guess we can assume that Shoko, and Satomi (and maybe a few others) decided to become immortal in order to continue fighting for what they believed in. Which was certainly a nice change for Satomi who usually seemed so obsessed with himself, its nice to him trying to help everyone out. (Plus he got married to Takahi! Who expected there to be a marriage in the finale?!)

At least Shoko was able to accept Haruto's death, I'm sure it destroyed her, but she's a very strong person, and it was nice to see her still around in the epilogue! Plus we got to see future Akira, what more could you want?! But, L-Elf and A-Drei both died since they couldn't become immortal....

Anyway, I really liked this series both the first and second seasons, its unfortunate that the last episode had to be rushed so badly...If they could find a way to make OVA's of the beginning of the Third Galactic Empire, then it would probably net a 10 from me...

Valvrave was a fantastic show, and I'm certainly going to miss it. Haruto Tokishima, gone but not forgotten.

9/10

Edit: I still want to know who the Golden Seven are... (Unless it's Saki, Shoko, Satomi, Akira, Haruto, Thunder, Inuzaka... which would make sense...)
cyclone1993Dec 26, 2013 10:14 PM
Dec 26, 2013 10:08 PM

Jan 2009
bitter sweet ending, R.I.P. Haruto, its nice to see Shouko became the pilot of Valvrave 1
Dec 26, 2013 10:10 PM
Jul 2013
LOL omg don't get me started on KNIM, ruined my Christmas ahaha
Dec 26, 2013 10:12 PM
Dec 2013
This last episode feels like paying a prostitute for my first time, a little ackward but very exciting and at the very end when I'm about to climax, she leaves, leaving behind a bottle of hand lotion and a very confused boy.
Dec 26, 2013 10:15 PM

Jul 2012
Well, I knew Haruto was going to die in the end. I didn't expect it to be like this though. I sort of liked the ending but the fact that Shoko becomes the pilot for unit 1 was eh... Decent series for me, since i never watched a lot of mecha anime and this one interested me quite a bit. I wished they explained a bit more though..
Dec 26, 2013 10:15 PM
Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Drawnfreak said:
Marow said:

I wouldn't say that it was filled with holes so much as it felt like a lot of things could have been more fleshed out and explored and thus elevated the show overall if it had just been given more episodes.

However you put, there were quite a few unexplained events. Like what was the point of the flashforwards? All questions but I don't remember getting a single answer. But don't get me wrong, it was good while it was on. But man, I waited everyday since the last episode to find out what was going to happen. Such was the hype. But that is not what I am unhappy about. Apart from the scene of Haruto's death, nothing jumped out. Not even the death of other characters. The fight scene was pretty good but pales in comparison to the MC's loss. The expressions were really good then. I am unsatisfied while being satisfied =|
Dec 26, 2013 10:18 PM

Sep 2013
They better come out with an OVA to explain the establishment of the Third Galactic Empire at least, to eliminate some plot holes. Disappointment in the end.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Dec 26, 2013 10:18 PM

Dec 2010
They left it open enough to have a movie or another season explaining the events of the epilogue, but it all depends on the sales numbers!
Dec 26, 2013 10:20 PM
Oct 2010
Haha. A-Drei's eyes twitching after he catches the roses.
Dec 26, 2013 10:20 PM
Dec 2012
Only pilots I expected to live were Saki, and Akira.
I held out hope that Haruto would cling to life, and end up with Saki.
I wanted Shoko to die violently. I don't think i've ever hated a character this much.
Was it A-drei, and Shoko who ended up together?
if so is A-drei now a pseudo magius
They just left so many plot holes.
But I was 100% fine with the ending until they showed Shoko.
Dec 26, 2013 10:27 PM
May 2013
Hahahaha, oh wow.
Going into the last episode I forgot how bad Valvrave was selling, and thought there was going to be a Season three. Oh man, that ending, that's what I call scrambling to wrap it up. I'm kinda sad there won't be another season, but honestly they could have done so much more with two seasons, instead of doing fuck all on Dorssia and filler school episodes in JIOR, so it's their own fault.
Dec 26, 2013 10:31 PM

Nov 2011
I think they telegraphed Haruto's death when they did the rape scene. I somehow suspected that he would not see a happy ending because of that.
Dec 26, 2013 10:35 PM

Aug 2012
ooh guilty crown reloaded

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Dec 26, 2013 10:39 PM
Aug 2012
Ugh Shoko made it through the series....

Now I'm left with a goddamn shitty taste. Definitely a come and go series for me.
I would have loved to watch Shoko getting blown up, stabbed or decapitated again and again. Instead she becomes immortal. Ewwww!
KVVDec 26, 2013 10:42 PM
Dec 26, 2013 10:41 PM
May 2013
DarkDooM2 said:
Enjoyed it, but the ending was shit -_-

But it's unlikely we'll get a season 3

Would've been interesting since Harutos dad still has Harutos DNA map so he can create more Harutos ^^
Evil Haruto army, anyone? :P

You know what...That can happen. On the very last scene, all the memories popped up. The message as well... Maybe?
Dec 26, 2013 10:42 PM

Sep 2011
ltspfan said:
ooh guilty crown reloaded

Except GC was more hated because of the ridiculous hype
LastExile_613.png
Dec 26, 2013 10:45 PM

Oct 2007
Drawnfreak said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Drawnfreak said:
Marow said:

However you put, there were quite a few unexplained events. Like what was the point of the flashforwards? All questions but I don't remember getting a single answer. But don't get me wrong, it was good while it was on. But man, I waited everyday since the last episode to find out what was going to happen. Such was the hype. But that is not what I am unhappy about. Apart from the scene of Haruto's death, nothing jumped out. Not even the death of other characters. The fight scene was pretty good but pales in comparison to the MC's loss. The expressions were really good then. I am unsatisfied while being satisfied =|

Oh for sure there were a lot of unexplored aspects of the show that would have made it a lot better, for example I really would have liked to see a lot more about the Magius's back story, specifically Cain's and how Ploo and Pino came to be involved in the Valvrave project in the first place. I have a feeling it was Haruto's asshole father who represents probably the worst of humanity, but the whole VVV project is so shrouded in mystery still for being the system that unveiled the world. It's like how the Geass' history was never really fleshed out at the end of Code Geass. Also exploring more of Dorssia and it's characters back story could have easily filled another cours worth of material. It feels like there's so much material ripe for side story and this is a multimedia project so a manga or OVA or something seems like the best hope at this rate.

In the end I feel like the show made do best it could for the short amount of time it had. It looks like things eventually do get better in the future, but man did that present suck for pretty much everyone involved. It really does leave that impression of being satisfied while unsatisfied for sure.

Keetriver said:

Now I'm left with a goddamn shitty taste. Definitely a come and go series for me.
I would have loved to watch Shoko getting blown up, stabbed or decapitated again and again. Instead she becomes immortal. Ewwww!

Shoko made her mistake when prodded by that Iori bitch and the other humans paranoia but ultimately I think learned from it and went on to try to pay proper respect to the Golden 7's sacrifices with that weird amorphous blob race. I really don't understand the sheer hate for that character when it was done so out of desperation and the belief that Haruto really was gone and that they had to live separately, a view that Haruto himself also mistakenly believed in until his whole thing with L-Elf and Cain.
PeacingOutDec 26, 2013 10:49 PM
Dec 26, 2013 10:45 PM

Jul 2012
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. OK SUNRISE.

Was hoping for season 3 to actually answer some questions, BUT NOPE.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 26, 2013 10:51 PM
Jul 2013
So they finally did it, they killed off Haruto. Nice L-elf & Haruto friendship moments btw. Whenever I see haruto's memory breaking, I get hesitant at watching and say shit, sometimes saying please stahp. As much as I hate to admit it, Haruto's death was already predictable during season 1. I wasn't totally surprised about Shoko taking over Valvrave-01 and living for more than 200 years. I pretty much saw this coming in the middle of the final episode. So Akira, Saki, Shoko, and the president (I forgot his name) lived and is probably continuing Haruto and L-elf's dream since Shoko is seen befriending aliens.
Dec 26, 2013 10:51 PM

Jul 2009
ok so im guessing that kid is a-drei's because hes the one who caught the flowers... who the wife is, i have no idea. but for sure it's a-drei as that kid is a prince just like a-drei. why he has haruto eyes, who the fuck knows.

overall 7/10 for at least being entertaining, even though i have no idea what else to say. needed more valvrape. heavily disappointed.
Dec 26, 2013 10:52 PM

Nov 2013
Keetriver said:

U are still mad for episode 9? even after she realised her mistake?
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Dec 26, 2013 11:18 PM
Dec 2013
emil0v, you're a genius
Dec 26, 2013 11:18 PM
Feb 2013
I don't know where to start....... This is incredibly disappointing and cliched in every way. Do you believe in humanity? You have to be kidding me. That is the most cliched overused theme/line I have ever read in any kind of media whether it be a movie, book, or an anime. I don't know if I should even go into detail about how Haruto dies in comparison to the girl who died earlier (Marie I think?). Also I dislike the fact that in the end everyone decides that they should marry and the origin of this white haired kid is never explicitly explained into any details whatsoever. The whole ending seems faked due to terrible reactions and responses that seemed to have been invented by retards. I don't know why I kept watching this anime after he stated he liked Shoko after he betrayed him and let his friend die. One of the most disappointing and non-unique animes I have ever seen IMO.
Dec 26, 2013 11:19 PM

Aug 2010
THIS AINT ZETA GUNDAM BABBBBY!!!
Dec 26, 2013 11:19 PM

Jul 2013
What?! That's it? That's the ending of it?! Man, I called this a BS ending... They were kind of rushing towards the end and the very end of it kind of got me confuse for this future scene.

Well I guess I could say this season was okay but slightly better than season 1. Well there is still more information in regards of the Valvraves, Mangius, and some more character backgrounds from several major characters. Well L-Elf has some interesting backgrounds in his past, so I'll give him credit for that.

6.8/10 was expecting big for the season as well as the ending but didn't exceed my expectations.

Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

336 by AZakuII »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:31 PM

» The Child's parent is (spoilers)

Renaultclio101 - Jan 9, 2014

40 by silenceblade »»
Sep 15, 2022 7:47 AM

» Is Kakumeiki Valvrave gonna have a 3rd season?

stanklem28 - Dec 21, 2013

14 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:52 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

128 by VirginAmirul »»
Mar 29, 2021 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

142 by VirginAmirul »»
Mar 28, 2021 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.