Forum Settings
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2014 12:43 PM

Nov 2010
The first part with Sue was awesome
The new years temple visit was fun, the party team split up had a good time and got drunk while the others just sit and bore themselves at the tea house

That Saki x Madarame moment was priceless

I wished they would have started with this, before the 3rd season came out
Hopefully returning soon
Jan 22, 2014 3:03 AM
Jan 2014
What quote was that of the solar plexus?
Feb 8, 2014 3:20 AM
Dec 2008
I know a lot of you really want to see the Ogiue and Sasahara hookup chapters (I do too), but for me, this is my favourite part of the original series.

Ogiue alone with Sue and talking to her in Japanese about how she wants to protect her from the shame of being an otaku, but then realising that Sue should just come to Japan anyway, because it'll be fun for both of them... That moment Sue hugs Ogiue in return just melts my heart. It says something special about their friendship.

Of course, the next moment when Sue is pulling out Ogiue's Sasahara yaoi manga from its hiding place is side-splittingly funny.

9/10 for this episode. It would only have been perfect with the original voice actors. We just need that hot-springs cabin episode now.
Mar 6, 2014 10:49 AM

Jul 2009
I liked it. It still doesn't catch up to the quality of the first two seasons, but that's impossible as they changed almost every voice actor. Hope they'll continue this, though!
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Jun 4, 2014 5:08 PM

May 2012
Great new year episode but damn Sue sure is damn lovely! Quite missed this show, and well I would always be up for more!
Aug 8, 2014 7:30 AM

Aug 2010
Sue stealing her Shimo pantsu was so lol XD
Sep 27, 2014 1:53 AM

Feb 2013
Sue still being awesome.

This was a nice side story. Madarame still crushing over Saki was cute I guess. Alright OVA.
Dec 10, 2016 10:55 AM

Feb 2013
Sue is too kawaii!
She left with Ogiue's pants.
Madarame was so lucky, first he carries Sue on his back and after he catches Saki.
Aug 2, 2017 7:51 AM

Oct 2012
Nice azumanga daioh reference xD
Also Lupin's
And Inuyasha's

The girls are scary when they're drunk

And Laputa's xD

I guess Sue's mantra is really effective xD

RIP Pantsu
"Signature removed"
Mar 23, 2020 6:04 PM

Jun 2008
DBailey635 said:
I know a lot of you really want to see the Ogiue and Sasahara hookup chapters.

I haven't read the manga but yeah, it's heavily hinted that they are a couple already. It makes me wonder if I should have watched this after Nidaime maybe? Feels like a huge spoilter tbh.

May 16, 2022 4:36 PM

Sep 2018
What? Is Oguie and Sasahara already an item here? Weird. Hope Genshiken Nidaime explores it further...

Or should this be seen after the TV show? Yet it says prequel lol...
Sep 14, 2022 11:38 PM

Jan 2020
It seems a little bit of a shame that they skipped over the big SasaharaxOgiue moment. But, as per the recommendation of the previous thread, I skimmed through chapters 43-49 to get the gist of what all happens before this point.

But, It's kind of nice to see Ogiue with her edges softened a bit. She's finally embracing her true Otaku nature!

Also, I'm glad we're back to being a little more colorful again. I really did miss Saki's orange hair.

Overall, it wasn't bad, but there didn't seem to be much to it. I guess it's a good introduction for our next season? I guess it was all kind of worth it for that final joke at the very end, lmao.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 2, 2023 11:47 AM
Dec 2021
great ova anime!!
Aug 14, 2023 9:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lmao, that lucky panty! Good to see Sue-chan back and her memory is quite something, lol. She did say one proper complete sentence though, I wonder if that was just a fluke. 

Sasahara and Oguie-san's relationship seems to have progressed but I would loved to see the developments, here's to hoping the tv show will cover that bit. 

Need some love for Madarame! As much as I love these one-off unrequited tales, it's almost always characters that don't deserve such fates that end up getting this painful role. 

New voices for some of the characters, Kuchiki and Saki-san feel fairly similar but the difference is more apparent with the other characters. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.