*5. Pokémon Black and White Vol.10
*6. Attack on Titan Vol.2
*7. Sailor Moon Short Stories Vol.2
*8. Demon Love Spell Vol.5
*9. Maximum Ride: The Manga Vol.7
10. Naruto Vol.63

Source: NY Times Manga Best Seller List
SnowJun 19, 2017 11:59 PM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 13, 2013 9:56 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Last Week
cyruzApr 14, 2015 3:59 PM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Dec 13, 2013 10:39 AM

Apr 2011
ONE PIECE IS ON THEREEEEEEEE

FINALLLYY

I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE PIECE ON A NYTIMES BEST SELLER LIST, LET ALONE 1ST. BOOYAH. GO ONE PIECE. GO AND TAKE THAT WINNING SPOT. YAAAAAY

---

Anyway. Maybe it's cause I don't check the sales list for the NYtimes often.... but this IS my first time seeing an OP volume on there. I'm so happy. I live in New York, and almost ALL manga readers or anime watchers prefer Naruto or Bleach over One Piece. Actually, most of them don't like One Piece at all, due to the horrible 4kids dub STILL, or they have no clue what it is. :'( Compare that to the fame of Naruto and Bleach... well.... :/ Attack on Titan's been dominating too... I wonder how long the OP volume will last on this list. I honestly wish OP did better here.... and I really crave/desire more love for it here.
Dec 13, 2013 10:44 AM

Apr 2011
Eh. Interesting. Backlogged the NYtimes list. Apparently the last volume lasted on the list for 3 weeks. My excitement is still justified -.-

:D
Dec 13, 2013 10:45 AM

Jul 2009
megaimpact said:
I know attack on titan is good and all..But I'm kinda getting tired to see them get all the best seller and 'most yada..yada.. ..That's my opinion though..

Don't kill me.

manga sales in the U.S are very picky in what to port from Japan to the U.S(since you have to license it of course). There aren't many manga that would sell well in the U.S, AoT is just one that fits the bill better than most manga that has an easier time selling because of its genre and western feeling to it
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Dec 13, 2013 12:34 PM

Aug 2012
Man how long has Attack on Titan been in the top 10 still good job
Dec 13, 2013 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
wth is Maximum Ride?
Dec 13, 2013 1:00 PM
May 2013
Ye the Attack on Titan manga is not that good, it's not bad or anything, it's just not good enough to dominate the sales list without even being shown on TV in the USA yet.

Fun that One Piece is on there though : ) Punk hazard is quite a good arc :)
Dec 13, 2013 1:38 PM

Apr 2011
@Encore

I can't wait until Dressrosa hits the shelves.
Ever since Marineford, the series has been in a dip. We came from an adrenaline rush on steroids to a fodder piece of fishman garbage on steroids lmao. Anyway, it was a good arc but it was definitely not even close to the best arc of One Piece. Then Punk Hazard was a step up, but still not amazing. Instead of a fodder fishman on steroids, it was experimented kids on steroids. Interesting touch, but hey, it's a set up arc. So these past two arcs have caused a dip.

Now though.... with Dressrosa.... those sales are gonna pick back up again. Soar. This arc is FANTASTIC. Especially with all the BIG names that are present. I have a feeling this next volume will break even more records in Japan... and they should sell really well here too.

What kinda rocks and sucks at the same time though about the epicness of One Piece is that people want the volumes as quickly as they can, that most of them buy the new volume within the first week it's released. Meaning it will break sales records obviously. BUT not many people wait to buy the volume for the second or third week, so it doesn't linger on the lists. Especially in NY. We have NO clue how many volumes were sold, but either way the series doesn't tend to linger. Whereas Naruto and Bleach can hold on for 7 weeks, so far (from the backlog) the highest I've found for One Piece is 3. And Attack on Titan? Wow, over 20 weeks on there. What I REALLY wanna know though is total sales for the volumes. That way we can REALLY know what's happening and what's selling- and if OP is out of its league here.
Dec 13, 2013 1:44 PM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Neane1993_ said:
wth is Maximum Ride?

In this case, it's an OEL Manga adaption of the Maximum Ride book series.

Dec 13, 2013 1:44 PM

Jun 2013
Doesn't anyone else think AoT is getting way overrated?
My signature is lame...
Dec 13, 2013 2:27 PM

Feb 2012
Great to see One Piece #1 very happy to see it gets lots of love in the states. I'm slowly building my One Piece manga collection. I think I'm up to like volume 30 now.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Dec 13, 2013 2:44 PM

Jul 2012
Looks like S2 won't be a problem for attack on titan with those sales even in the US. -bows- >u<
Dec 13, 2013 2:57 PM

Mar 2010
I Might continue reading Maximum ride again. I forgot all about it.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 13, 2013 2:57 PM

Nov 2013
Oh my god. AoT, Pokemon B&W, Sailor Moon, and Naruto. I love them all! I've seen AoT on more bestseller lists than any, so I'm glad to see people like it. Sailor Moon (short stories) and Naruto are fairly popular, so I am genuinely surprised that Pokemon B&W was on there. Looks like Pokemon is getting some love too! ^.^
Dec 13, 2013 4:06 PM

Nov 2011
AOT dominating baby. Oh I forgot about Demon Love Spell before. I read that manga couple of months back..
Dec 13, 2013 5:44 PM

Aug 2013
DarkAngelz said:
ONE PIECE IS ON THEREEEEEEEE

FINALLLYY

I HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE PIECE ON A NYTIMES BEST SELLER LIST, LET ALONE 1ST. BOOYAH. GO ONE PIECE. GO AND TAKE THAT WINNING SPOT. YAAAAAY

---

Anyway. Maybe it's cause I don't check the sales list for the NYtimes often.... but this IS my first time seeing an OP volume on there. I'm so happy. I live in New York, and almost ALL manga readers or anime watchers prefer Naruto or Bleach over One Piece. Actually, most of them don't like One Piece at all, due to the horrible 4kids dub STILL, or they have no clue what it is. :'( Compare that to the fame of Naruto and Bleach... well.... :/ Attack on Titan's been dominating too... I wonder how long the OP volume will last on this list. I honestly wish OP did better here.... and I really crave/desire more love for it here.

One Piece always does well... It's One Piece. Whenever a new volume is released, it usually tops the list.

Dec 13, 2013 7:01 PM

Aug 2011
Look at all dat Titan.

Dec 13, 2013 7:48 PM

Nov 2012
I wonder what is the amount of it being sold...
Dec 13, 2013 8:16 PM

Jul 2013
Awesome for One Piece. If volume 69 got first place then imagine how well it'll do in volume 70 onwards (Dressrosa arc).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2013 12:00 AM

Apr 2010
I need to read Attack on Titan now.
Dec 14, 2013 10:01 AM

Nov 2008
Hell yeah ONE PIECE RULES AND THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING.
Whoever said that it was no popular overseas step in the front.

Danm, Titan everywhere.
Dec 14, 2013 10:55 AM

Jun 2012
Dayum, One Piece topping the U.S. charts... makes me proud.

Seriousti said:
DarkAngelz said:

One Piece always does well... It's One Piece. Whenever a new volume is released, it usually tops the list.
That's true, but this is the U.S. we're talking about, One Piece isn't nearly as popular over here as it is in Japan.
Dec 14, 2013 11:08 AM

Nov 2013
SnK getting so many high rankings ... I guess I don't need to worry about the scond season.
Dec 14, 2013 4:17 PM

Oct 2007
ar4can7he said:
SnK getting so many high rankings ... I guess I don't need to worry about the scond season.
Popularity in the West has no impact on whether S2 will be created. However SnK is even more popular in the Japan so S2 should be obvious.
Dec 14, 2013 11:51 PM

Jun 2011
Minagatachi said:
Awesome for One Piece. If volume 69 got first place then imagine how well it'll do in volume 70 onwards (Dressrosa arc).

I know right! Man holy shit dem hypes! OP for life!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
12 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.