Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 13, 2013 6:01 PM

Mar 2009
god damn dem Devil twins. You guys can fight over Linda and Koko. I'll take Nana-senpai.
Dec 13, 2013 6:44 PM

Aug 2013
Hmmm... Nice episode, not so funny and also no so dull..

Robogirl huh, she's quite cute when she does her normal stalking style.

Tada looks quite cute on his maid outfit ahhahaha.

Waaaat! Dat Linda, I didn't notice it was her, dayum hot! But Koko's hotter than her.

Dat cliffhanger... Koko Don't lose hope for Tada!!!
Dec 13, 2013 8:01 PM

May 2009
wheresthehandle said:
disregard rich bitch, acquire osananajimi

Who are you talking about?

Forgetfulness said:
but honestly stealing somebody's memento and hiding it is just like a whole other level of immaturity.

Apparently she get it in different way.
Dec 13, 2013 8:02 PM
May 2013
Possessiveness level too highhhh. I also agree in some ways with airbornejaws, I've started to really dislike the pity-me MC even though I didn't mind it in the beginning cause it didn't feel that forced. It's a shame since it feels like it's becoming a standard for the romance/drama genre; just create a MC with some kind of terrible past that he keeps bringing up in order to get dat sympathy. Just like with Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, I think that I'm watching this series more for the supporting cast. Nana, Mitsuo, Oka-chan and 2d-Kun.
Dec 13, 2013 8:49 PM

Nov 2010
I got a bad feeling next episode D:

Dec 13, 2013 9:26 PM

Jan 2013
Another lovey dovey episode.
Quite rare in anime.

Also Miss Monochrome again. Interesting. Oh, and the ending, some good drama coming up.
Dec 13, 2013 9:27 PM

Aug 2012
Hah, at this point I call bullshit. His getting some of his memories back feels so fake.

But even if that part is contrived, they could still have made some use out of it. Instead Banri hides his guilt by accepting Koko's unacceptable behavior and beating around the bush wish Linda. There's nothing preventing him from coming clean, and more importantly, if he keeps this up, we're gonna be seeing some really poor quality drama later on. I wouldn't be able take Banri or this show seriously by then if he doesn't take his own feelings seriously right now.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Dec 14, 2013 2:09 AM

Oct 2013
the show is ok actually, but if i compare it to white album 2, golden time lose by far.......
Dec 14, 2013 2:13 AM

Oct 2013
Kind of a mediocre episode. The start was pretty bland although I do like the party in the last part. Mitsuo wearing nothing but an underwear was funny and also Tada's crossdressing and not being embarrassed about it (have you no shame?)

Kaga becoming a possessive girlfriend more and more each passing minute.

The preview looks cool specially the last part with Linda and Banri eating whatever it was they were eating. It would be funny though if that was Nana instead of Linda.
Dec 14, 2013 2:15 AM
Sep 2013
Naaaah. That Episode Review... dont want that ._.
Maybe Kouko comes to the party and sees how banri and linda wanted to kiss each other.
Hope Banri will do the right thing. KoukoxBanri
Dec 14, 2013 2:31 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode will be the basis of many Golden Time doujins. I'm calling it. From The Devil Twins to trap Banri and Yana...

More seriously now, the story has my attention but the animation has been pretty poor the last couple of episodes. I hope it improves soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 14, 2013 6:33 AM

Jun 2013
This was a pretty hillarious episode to me!!!: ) However i think that the within the next couple of episodes it'll get more dramatic! :)
Dec 14, 2013 6:54 AM
Dec 2013
please make 2D-kun and mitsuo MMCs, 2D with Kouko, mitsuo with linda
linda should get better than that A*S MC, linda never love him anyway, she only care about him, like a good big sister, cause the mc is such.. u know ..bleh
Dec 14, 2013 8:14 AM

Oct 2013
Well,Banri does need to stand up himself but the main issue is probably,as he also mentioned,the guilt he has because of his feelings for Linda.Seeing Kouku so devoted to him probably only makes it harder,even thought that devotion is off the charts,going into the realm of possessiveness.

Alas,he has no choice but to do so,for both his & Kouko's sake.However,that's not something someone with little(and little only if you want to count his past with Linda) to no experience in relationships can do right away,especially someone with amnesia like Banri who's pretty insecure.He'll most likely have to learn it the hard way.

While I can't say I like Golden time's characters as much as the ones in White Album 2,I'll use the same logic here,in that the show's more enjoyable if you try to understand them.

At any rate,next episode definitely looks like it's gonna shake things up a bit(or a lot) and I'm very much looking forward to that :P
Dec 14, 2013 8:28 AM

May 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Kouko is definitely going Yandere here...wanting him to be small and eat him XD. She even admits it. And that's while she's holding back O_O...what would happen if she went all out O_O XD

She would buy a condo, kidnap Banri, tie him to a bed, feed him and wait a few months until the Stockholm syndrome kicks in, medetachi, medetachi (^_^)/

After reading the comments seems to me there are two kind of viewers for this series:

A) Those that don't mind a KagaxBanri, they are both flawed, but their flaws complement quite nicely, Banri is a WIMP (otherwise he would have been more supportive with Linda when they out in the parking lot; Linda needs a strongman, otherwise she will be miserable) and Kaga is a strong woman who only needs to feel loved, if she weren't rich she would not mind working all day long as an office lady while banri cleaned the house.

b) Those that lean towards a LindaxBanri ending, not because those two complement each other, but because they dislike Kaga. Females tend to hate alpha females like Koko with a passion and many insecure males feel threatened when a woman does not play the meek role in a relationship.
mangamuscleDec 14, 2013 10:01 AM
Dec 14, 2013 9:39 AM

Sep 2007
Yandere alert ...

Dec 14, 2013 9:49 AM

Jul 2012
everyone keeps hating on kouko D:

Shes so scared to lose something again, shes going over the top for Banri.
now that she has the photo and sees that something could be going on with him and linda, she doesnt know what to do.

it sucks for banri, when you had that one friend you liked for so long, never like you back. Now he cant choose coz shes back in his life, while hes got his one girlfriend.

Damn Linda, because she doesnt want to be straight forward with him and tell him everything, so now banri is conflicted and kouko is gonna have to suffer again if he chooses Linda somehow.

Dec 14, 2013 10:18 AM

Jun 2008
what have they done to yana 0.o
weird party

Dec 14, 2013 11:27 AM

Aug 2012
lol Miss monochrome Invading Other animes xD

im still with Banri x Kouko

she might be a little annoying but that's what makes her really cute(Sometimes) xD
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Dec 14, 2013 12:49 PM
Jan 2013
Poor Mitsuo, playing a male stripper to a bunch of gay men and old matrons.

Oh dear looks like Kouko does have Banri and linda's photo, and it looks like there gonna be a shift to a Banri X Linda arc.
Dec 14, 2013 2:15 PM

May 2009
Kouko is getting better though shes less of a crazy mess than before. I can't help but feel bad for her because shes getting better but I feel like she might get the short end of the stick by the time this anime ends. Plus shes always been alone. What I want for the next episode is for Kouko to wait outside of Banri's house while Linda and Banri walk home together. That would be great for a confrontation.
Dec 14, 2013 2:25 PM

May 2012
07:53 <3

10:30 LOOOL

Kouko is paafekuto.
Bad drawings, as usual. 6/10.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Dec 14, 2013 4:07 PM

May 2011
I was screaming at the screen for this episode.

Banri is not manly enough to say ''Hey I will work I need money dammit''.

At first I started to like Kouko but the recent episodes that feelings has decreased.

BTW: Someone saw the KISS poster?
lkevsanDec 14, 2013 6:37 PM
Dec 14, 2013 4:09 PM

Oct 2013
First of all koko never had anyone to begin with. Secondly Banri technically has a split personality which only happened after he went into a(borderline) coma and lost all his memories. Honestly, the dudes been through a lot so I can see why he's so conflicted. I think his characters alright. I really liked koko's development last episode, but It kind of took a step back a bit here. That's not to say there isn't any reason for it. I just feel it's not completely necessary. More to the point though... the air needs to be cleared so there are no more lies to get in the way of their friendship. Then again we wouldn't have drama if anime were like that now would we.

Or anime for that matter.
7thVoidDec 14, 2013 4:18 PM
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Dec 14, 2013 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
Anyone else notice Miss Monochrome at the party? lol
Dec 14, 2013 6:55 PM

Oct 2013
VanishingKira said:

Hmm,what's going on here.
http://imgur.com/3QfoFSn

God that pictures deceiving! Forgot to talk about the preview. Man that looks sexy...Both ways, even though it shouldn't.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Dec 14, 2013 7:31 PM

Nov 2008
I am a full supporter of Kaga, so right now I'm really hating Banri. If he wants to go back to his Linda senpai so freaking badly then just go and let Kaga-san at least try to move on. Next episode looks like I'll be getting even more irritated.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Dec 14, 2013 8:47 PM

Mar 2012
Banri plays his role a little too well lol.

He'll probably sway to Linda since were at the midway point. Then hopefully afterwards we get a Banri x Kouko end.
Dec 14, 2013 10:58 PM

Jul 2013
Forgetfulness said:
klonengan said:
Forgetfulness said:
but honestly stealing somebody's memento and hiding it is just like a whole other level of immaturity.

She just trying to test banri..
If that photo is important for him or not and test
does banri have a courage to asking her for the photo?
kouko is just trying to make clear their relationship..
Hm, I guess that would be alright...I guess. As long as she returns it to him at the end and is clear about it

Sorry, my inner biased towards Linda is showing :|

If it is a test then its bullshit. Those kind of "tests" in relationships do nothing but destroy them. I don't think it was as much a test as she found something that would be shocking to her and took it on impulse as she mulled over what it means.
Dec 15, 2013 12:29 AM
May 2013
Aerensianic said:
Forgetfulness said:
klonengan said:
Forgetfulness said:

She just trying to test banri..
If that photo is important for him or not and test
does banri have a courage to asking her for the photo?
kouko is just trying to make clear their relationship..
Hm, I guess that would be alright...I guess. As long as she returns it to him at the end and is clear about it

Sorry, my inner biased towards Linda is showing :|

If it is a test then its bullshit. Those kind of "tests" in relationships do nothing but destroy them. I don't think it was as much a test as she found something that would be shocking to her and took it on impulse as she mulled over what it means.

maybe word "test" doesn't suitable for her act. she is too innocent to doing something like "test" to banri.
you know , Kouko have respect for Linda ..
kouko won't blatanly asking banri about the photo.
maybe kouko waiting for his own explanation. because she trust him.
that's just my opinions..
legovolfDec 15, 2013 12:34 AM
Dec 15, 2013 12:40 AM

Jul 2013
Peten00b said:
I'm on the Linda x Banri train here, good ep :>

Same here. LindaxTada <3
Dec 15, 2013 2:05 AM

Feb 2010
Don't know why but seems like this show went down from this episode. It kinda became boring.
Well, I think its because the previous episodes were too flashy. Who knows.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 15, 2013 2:13 AM

Aug 2012
Yay, interesting episode! mostly because of :

- Okachin! <3 Too bad she only made a brief appearance this time

- Nana. More pls!

- Linda in a devil twins costume. That's hot!

- Crossdressing Banri and Stripper Yana. The only person missing was 2D-kun.

- Miss Monochrome~

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 15, 2013 2:21 AM
May 2013
Cashdaxxx said:
Don't know why but seems like this show went down from this episode. It kinda became boring.
Well, I think its because the previous episodes were too flashy. Who knows.

This.
Dec 15, 2013 3:54 AM

Feb 2012
Banri is okay with the cross dressing, yeah adds more to my Banri x Mitsuo ship :3
Dec 15, 2013 8:48 AM

Oct 2008
~19:40~ Monochrome chan <3
Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM

Jun 2012
airbornejaws said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
This, to all the people talking shit about Banri atm, and saying he just not care that he has amnesia. It's like telling a revered swordsman who's always fought right-handed to just get over it when someone cuts his right hand off.
I'm not gonna sit here and be sympathetic toward a fictional character, and I'm definitely not going to bash on anyone that truly has amnesia in the world. Wait, I don't think I even said anything about 'forgetting the past', in fact I don't remember talking about his amnesia at all. Because whether he has amnesia or not, he's just a boring character. Clearly we get a sense of what both Tada Banri's are like thanks to his 'ghost', and frankly I don't really like either of them. I'm not ripping on his condition at all, I'm saying that I'm tired of watching crybaby MC's in general. And his 'feel sorry for me' attitude doesn't really come from his amnesia, because he was already the sobbing type before the accident, as we've seen in the flashbacks. So even if there was no accident and amnesia, I know deep in my mind I still wouldn't like him because he'd still be the same character he is, for that is the way the author created and designed him.
Well, I can't speak for the other guy, but I did says "to all the people talking shit about Banri"... so I wasn't really aiming at your post specifically. But that's fine if you don't want to sympathi with fictional characters... but hating on them and telling them to "die in a pit" is far from better. A few things about the whiny-ness... his past self most certainly wasn't whiny, just because he got offended by Linda and ignored her doesn't make him whiny. The next scene we get with him he's shows that he's really dependable, given him completely supporting her, then when he confesses to her he doesn't simply give up and cry when she turns him down. The current Banri, I haven't seen him once give a "you should feel sorry for me" feel... unless you think telling Kaga that he had amnesia was asking for pity when he specifically said otherwise. But I'm only saying that the "blandness" comes from amnesia... I mean he hasn't had a lifetime to build a character, he's had only the past months to find himself.

Regarding ghost Banri, that's really a bad way to judge who he was... seeing as the "ghost" literally said that he has no emotions, but he has all of the memories. And as far as I can tell, ghost Banri didn't even return, only the feeling of loving Linda came back... this is still the new Banri.

And that analogy makes no sense, it's not like he loses all his memories along with his right arm. He'd have to understand that he needs to adapt no doubt, but it's not the same thing as amnesia. It's not like he won't remember everyone that was close to him, and there certainly won't be a ghost right arm reminiscing about holding the sword and wishing he took the place of the left arm.
To be honest I was mostly just making a reference to Game of Thrones, which I'm sure only 1 or 2 people even caught. But still I think it fits perfectly. What do you mean "it's not like he won't remember everyone"? It's already an established fact that he remembers nothing at all... it's actually more rare for people to have selective memories in cases of amnesia, aside from maybe the ability to speak and use objects (which comes from muscle memory). Point being, I was only saying, for the people who did say he should just get over the fact that he has no memories of anything anymore, that it's unfair to think something like that. Also, you apparently haven't heard of "phantom limbs"... which is essentially what you just said wouldn't happen.
Dec 15, 2013 12:13 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Banri dat outfit : 0

Mitsuo XDDDDDDDD

Koko knows about Linda and Banri : 0
Dec 15, 2013 12:46 PM

Jun 2013
Koko needs to change her possessive/stalkerish ways or (from personal experience) her relationship with Banri is not going to work out.
Matter of fact, their halfassed relationship isn't working out already; seems like they've been going out for awhile now and only kissed once(?), she's doubting the Jesus out of Banri and instead of confronting him about the picture acts like nothing happened, and Banri is being to submissive because he feels guilty for having feelings for Linda as well... Hell, they don't even call each other by first names ffs!

PS: the gay party was awesome!
Dec 15, 2013 2:02 PM

Jun 2012
Linda in devil's costume omg she's hot, need more @_@
Dec 15, 2013 2:03 PM

May 2009
Forgetfulness said:
bastek66 said:
Forgetfulness said:

Apparently she get it in different way.
What? ._.

From spoilers I read it seems she get that picture in different way.
UMBRELLATWIRL said:
Welp, disaster is coming soon. rip kouko x banri

Actually, after this their relationship will be stronger.
BlackAdamant said:
please make 2D-kun and mitsuo MMCs, 2D with Kouko, mitsuo with linda

He won't ge any focus since he get oneshot spin-off LN with two girls and clone of Shana - waifu. http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Golden_Time:Spinoff_Illustrations
Dec 15, 2013 4:00 PM

Apr 2009
Mitsuo never dumped her because they were never together. Man all these kouko haters. Kouko may not be perfect but at least she doesnt ruin lives like Linda.
Dec 15, 2013 5:52 PM

Dec 2009
Banri should decide about the girls.

Or I will start to cheer by a Scholl Days final. GO KOUKO!
Dec 16, 2013 5:54 AM

Oct 2009
Gah I can't stand Kouko, shes still over-obsessive and goddam annoying!
Nana saves the ep!!! Miss Monochome XD!!
Dec 16, 2013 6:31 AM

May 2009
Forgetfulness said:
From spoilers I read it seems she get that picture in different way.
Not by stealing it? I don't see how else that might happen, but okay
Something like
Dec 16, 2013 6:42 AM
Nov 2012
Once again another great episode. I think it's interesting they are going to explore what happened with him and Linda but I'm still rooting for Kaga, because in most anime Kaga is the annoying type that is ignored and not really loved by anyone and their good points are ignored or unrealistic. I feel Kaga is a well done and realistic character. She was pretty annoying at first and does/say stupid things but getting to learn more about her and seeing her learn, I feel that is she trying. She does get clingy but she realizes it's over the top so she holds back which I think is great. I appreciate Banri for really liking Kaga and being playful and forgiving. It's great watching playful couples joke around or be spontaneous, in Golden Time I feel those small additions make the characters come to life, instead of appearing two dimensional.
Kaga is just going to be a little weird for now until she talks with Banri about the photograph of Linda. She is worried Banri is cheating but doesn't want to cause trouble without proof.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

311 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.