Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 22, 2013 3:57 PM

Aug 2011
Mari's singing in the end was so brutally well done. It's scenes like that that really push this show to the top of the season for me.

It's still so different, though, that I can't figure out how I feel about it.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Dec 24, 2013 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
I really liked this episode. The beginning scene was great, nice dialogue.
Also that ED
Dec 30, 2013 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
Mari got what was coming to her, I approve of this.
Dec 30, 2013 9:03 PM

Jul 2013
King torture looked like a hollow with that hole in his chest and the Samurai flamenco revealed the identity style tony stark. haha
This episode was epic!
Dec 31, 2013 3:01 PM

Jul 2011
rederoin said:
This is just getting better and better.

^ This imo...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2014 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
I'm totally on board for where this series takes me. Episode 9 was like a punch to the chest, and like any good Putty Patroller, I exploded. And then the Iron Man ending happened, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

I do think you guys are being a bit tough on Mari, though. She has never been portrayed to be doing this for anything other than the lulz, and so it falls a bit flat that she's getting called out for not being...the person she's never perceived herself as? Her insincere request was probably the result of hours of especially concentrated torture both physical and mental, while Moe was comparatively fresh as a daisy so I can't fault her for that--after all, Konno cracked in much the same manner, and what's more is, he actually sold Mari out, while Mari only thought about letting Moe get tortured in her place.

Moe went up a bit in my estimation, although she may need an intervention in the future. Grow a backbone stat, darling.
Jan 4, 2014 11:14 PM

May 2011
I love this show it's very entertaining.
My weekends are going to be great for this season.

Love the Tony Stark copy :D
Jan 11, 2014 3:02 PM

Sep 2013
Good episode, i wonder where the plot will go from here.
Jan 22, 2014 6:34 AM

Jun 2011
06:31 minute into the episode but damn Mari is kind of disgusting here, delivering those "cliche" and "cheesy" lines, and Moe, her voice acting was bad, and I dislike her "I'll do anything for Mari-san" attitude, however, I did feel bad when that King Torture tortures her.. P.S. no wonder I felt disgusted, because that was all fake, not earnest words.

I WTFLOL'ed when King Torture backed up after he was stabbed in the heart. I also lol'd when Goto said that this isn't a job for the cop to stop the rocket XD Anyway LOL at Goto in dat car XD

Holy shit this episode was so well done, especially the break down of Mari and that ED song, OMG I feel so bad for hating her at the start of the show, omg great voice acting on her part!! Great shit man!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 27, 2014 12:49 AM
Feb 8, 2014 2:23 PM

Aug 2009
Great episode!

It was about time Mari woke up from her little fantasy, Moe is a bit overdoing this Mari-worshipping-thing but at least, she's being honest!!! I got scared for a second there, I wondered what Torture would do next to her....But I loved his attitude towards Moe after that, absolutely brilliant!!! Enjoyed the scene was the bottom of my heart!!! Amazing!!!

Torture's character was really well made!! He and Flamenco are two sides of the same coin!!! It's just that they decided to follow different paths!!

Goto's way of handling the rocket was so epic!! XDD And his gf's text.....she always picks the best time!!! :D :D Gosh, I wanna see her already!!!! XDD

Now it's out!!! Seems like the next episode will be quite interesting after this revelation!!!!!

THE ED!!!! ------
Feb 27, 2014 5:29 AM

Jun 2008
Wow! So in the end he was just a sentai villain and nothing else? And lol he even had the classic horrible evil face.
That feels disappointing.

The question is how did someone that was just a kid watching hero shows that decided to play the villain got his hands on all that tech? The guy had a rocket and strange cells that can create monsters and so on.
Those are crazy things. He even had some stone inside him that probably was responsible for giving him the ability to move after bein impaled or attach chainsaws.
How did a Japanese guy growing with superhero shows find such things?

I guess that could be the issue from now on.

SamuraiHigashi said:
All I know is Manager-sans gonna be maaaaaaad.

That is true but i guess in a way she already knew.

TKChieftain said:
Ooh, my little finger still doesn't feel safe. Poor Moe. :(

I am interested to see what happens to Mari at this point though. I mean, King Torture basically made her realise how self-centred she's been, but can she really change as a result of this? If I were in her position I don't think I could ever get over how insincere I was in urging my friend to escape, that that's the kind of person I truly am and could very well remain as for the rest of my life unless I change, by some miracle. Surely that's one of the worst forms of torture?

Granted, she probably will change at some point, but it's interesting to think about, for sure.

Pretty decent episode, though. King Torture is a good villain who offers some interesting food for thought and although I sympathise with Mari, good on Moe for being so dedicated to her. :)

Personally i don't see what was so horrible about what Mari did there.
So deep inside she was still wishing that Moe will sacrifice herself for her and that she said what she said only because that is the proper thing to say.
So what?
Anyone at that situation will have a small part of him wishing her/she can be spared.
And why does it matter if she said what she said because of trying to be heroic? In the end she knew that what she said could result in her death and she still took that risk even if it was just because that was what she had to say.
At least she had the guts to keep it going instead of being completely egoistical and throwing everything out of the window when her life was at danger.
What you think isn't important. What you do is and in the end her actions weren't that bad.
MonadFeb 27, 2014 6:15 AM
Apr 11, 2014 8:17 AM

May 2013
such stupidity
May 2, 2014 11:38 AM

May 2012
Impressively intense episode! Really liked this and damn that ending! I really wonder what the rest of the series will offer us!
May 26, 2014 9:52 PM

Apr 2014
I've been thinking of dropping this for a few episodes due to the rapid spike in graphic violence (seriously -- it's a low blow when I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to be wearing the protective gear to brace oneself!) -- but the last half of this episode convinced me. Even more change is up ahead.

I'mma keep giving you tries, Samumenco.
Jul 29, 2014 9:17 AM

May 2013
Stark700 said:

His choice of weapon is a chainsaw..fits him right.
]

It was groove
Nov 27, 2014 12:29 PM
Oct 2014
Hold it for a moment, this episode was so intense!
I couldn't stand His torture against Moe, omg. This almost crossed a big line, if it hasn't already.
Anyway, it was so entertaining him kneeling before Moe and telling Mari to know her place. Yes, he's a villain, but he got a Point.
And wow, thought he cut Konnos arm, turned out to be His own to be replaced by a chainsaw. Kay.
And has he died in 3 seconds, Because of Goto-san and Masayoshi, I lost it for a moment. If they kept it Like this, I would have thrown a riot. Glad, it got more exciting at the end, although King Tortures backstory seemed really weak and not convincing...
And I'm sure Axe guy got over his assholeness and saved the doc, good thing!
Besides, the concert was a cool part, I Hope she learns a lesson, but I have the feeling, she'll quit with the Magical Girl thing. And Masayoshi reveals himself. What's going to Happen? I'll see it immediately!
Mar 25, 2015 7:37 PM

Feb 2013
What an episode! I feel like the show should end but we're only at the halfway point!

I feel like Mari might change for the better after this episode. It seems like her eyes finally opened.

So at 18:15, that's where that gif is from. It was funny when I found out.

And he reveals his tru identity. So what hapen from here? Onto the next episode!
Jun 23, 2015 8:14 PM

Apr 2014
That fight was actually really, really good. I mean the one before King Torture set off the rocket. This series has great potential, and they showed a little of that in the fight. Unfortunately, I still don't think the premise has been executed as well as it could've been. I really wish they didn't go the "suddenly GORILLAS AND GUILLOTINES" route.
Oct 26, 2015 4:20 PM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 3, 2016 9:03 AM

Nov 2014
This was a little better. I like how Mari's selfishness was challenged.

3/5
Aug 30, 2016 6:00 AM

Jul 2008
Okay that gave us no answers so now what?
Mar 30, 2017 1:20 PM

Jul 2013
That was actually really entertaining. Someone on the first page said that this is like Kill La Kill level over the top which makes digesting all of it easier. I thought King Torture was gonna be the main villain of this series but I guess it's gonna go a different route. That said, that robot surgery and whoever saved the stationary guy are now some things I'm gonna want addressed soon.

Also, Moe is one of the best characters in this show.
Sep 24, 2017 9:28 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Just as good XD I wonder if Samurai Flamenco will keep doing his hero duty now.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 11, 2017 8:41 AM

Nov 2016
Nice episode and the secret is finally revelead.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 27, 2018 11:22 AM

Mar 2016
This show explains itself in the most obvious way possible and people are still confused. There is no shift, this is the same show. Once a hero is accepted by society a villain needs to show up. It's necessary, purposeful and makes total sense.
Aug 16, 2021 1:21 PM

Jul 2019
Wow, this episode is deep, goodness me, Flamenco Girl trial and King T dark past. It was kinda mad wow, I liked this tho. Nice end, maybe a new arc will come??

Also nice fight between SF and King T, Gotou a real one for saving the say for sure.

King T's was of peace sure is broken as hell tho.
Oct 28, 2022 6:10 PM

Jul 2017
That was kinda fucking epic not gonna lie lol. That heartelt ED was icing on the cake. Definitely need to see where this series ends up now.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

7 by lordgaara »»
Jan 20, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

299 by lordgaara »»
May 25, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

105 by lordgaara »»
May 24, 2023 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.