Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2013 6:24 AM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Cell has plans to make a tournament to fight the strongest of the strongest! Well this sure is getting interesting I hope they'll have enough time to train to eventually defeat Cell!
Dec 7, 2013 9:34 PM
Sep 2010
Oh...a Tenkaichi Tournament. I've missed those. They were my favorite arcs in Dragon Ball.

For the whole episode I was observing the fight between Trunks and Cell, trying to figure out why Cell was so sure he would win. I figured that Trunks speed had slow down but I hadn't figured out why. I knew Goku would figure it out. He's a smart fighter.

Glad that Goku and Gohan are getting strong but I feel that in a couple years Gohan will surpass Goku and that gives me mix feelings. Goku is my favorite character in DBZ and I want him to keep the title of strongest person in the universe/world until he dies, however, I'll also be proud of Gohan because he's definitely improved since episode one and the legend of the Son family will live on.
Uploader53Dec 7, 2013 9:37 PM
Uploader53
Jan 3, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2010
So, since Cell and Trunks pretty much called a cease-fire, does that mean Goku and Gohan will go back in the room for a 2nd time?

Jan 4, 2014 2:20 AM

Jun 2009
This episode brings an end to the Perfect Cell Saga.

KitaTsuki said:
So, since Cell and Trunks pretty much called a cease-fire, does that mean Goku and Gohan will go back in the room for a 2nd time?

Here, this is why Trunks is stronger than Vegeta. It's because of the certain Super Saiyan form he's in. This particular SS form sacrifices speed for strength, Vegeta saw this (so did Goku). That's why Trunks was "stronger".
loghneckbeardJan 4, 2014 2:33 AM
Apr 26, 2016 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
Man Cell is such an asshole, but that's what make's him such an interesting villain to watch.
Jul 30, 2016 5:11 PM

Feb 2016
Trunks finally is 'defeated' and Cell tells him what his weakness was. Plus it turns out Cell can buff up as well! :o

This Tourney that Cell has announced is quite the change of events... looks like Goku and Gohan can safely finish their training and even get in more if they desire. Although, I imagine once the news is spread to the others... namely Vegeta.... others will want time in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

But 10 days... that's more than enough time for them to rotate turns training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Push themselves to the limit and try to truly ascend before having to combat Cell.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Aug 14, 2016 10:19 AM

Sep 2013
Seems like Trunks could still beat Cell even with the speed deficit. If he switches tactics to grappling, he'd squash Cell like a bug. He just has to get hold of him. If only some of the other Z warriors would join in, just to serve as distractions, while Trunks gets hold of Cell, it'd be all over.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 13, 2017 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
well that came out of nowhere hahahah

while i do like the idea, i doubt its gonna be anything like the original tenkaichi tournament we know from db. that one had a lot of HYPE.
Jan 21, 2020 10:46 PM

Jul 2008
And Cell just owned Trunks from the get go.
Jan 30, 2020 3:27 AM

Mar 2010
By this time I hate the shots to Piccolo and the others. It's always the same: Beging impressed by someone elses power. Getting a bit sick of that happening a million times.

And what is about C16, how is he still alive and gets no harm in the middle of a war, lol. Can't remember how he is gonna end later on.

And how can Goku be Third Grade SSJ already now? He reached it after a finger snip... but he is smart noticing he should be faster.

Interesting was that Cell also can power up himself, but was kinda obvious since he has SSJ inside him too. And also it came as surprise that Vegeta apparently hold back his power because he knew it would harm his speed. So Toriyama again switched things up and made it possible for Vegeta to return once again, which apparently after another dick move to Krillin who saved him he does.

Future Trunks accepting defeat/death also was interesting, then the big reveal about the Cell Games, this came out of nowhere. Cell seems bored and makes a tournament in 10 days. Does this feel a bit Vegeta-ish? I mean Cell could kill everyone now but instead is overconfident and even a bit arrogant? He enjoys people being scared. So every fight will be vs. Cell in this tournament right? I wonder if the others will die then? I can't remember this part of the story.
Jul 14, 2020 4:13 PM

Jan 2015
Perfect Cell is so enjoying to watch. He has one of the best designs on DB and his personality is so cool. Can't wait for the Cell Games.
Aug 28, 2020 3:59 PM
Jul 2018
Oh, this makes perfect sense. While the second stage of the Super Saiyan gives you immense power, enough to defeat a being such as Cell, but that's all in vain if you don't manage to catch your opponent with the tremendous speed lose you gain after sacrificing it for said power. Now that I think about it, Vegeta is a shrewd, ambitious fighter. Not realizing the second stage of the Super Saiyan transformation does feel a bit weird. I see that, as stated, he did know of it but chose not to ascend further due to the unfortunate setback it provides. That does make sense.

The World's Martial Arts tournament has been such a long while since the last time it got shown. I truly do miss the exciting fights it brought. Still, this is interesting. If it was anyone else, like Frieza, for instance, they would have destroyed everyone and annihilated the whole planet in an instant. But Cell decided to abide his time and risk the dangerous route by challenging all the Z Fighter, especially Goku? That's a change of pace.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 262 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 25, 2013

12 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 261 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 25, 2013

16 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 119 Discussion

-Adam- - Apr 27, 2013

19 by Saiko-sensei »»
May 4, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 17 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 16, 2011

15 by Dumb »»
May 2, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 16 Discussion

Magica_do_Mar - Dec 12, 2010

17 by Dumb »»
May 2, 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.