Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 3, 2013 4:52 PM

Sep 2012
AnimeFan500 said:

Was the reason why Masato saw himself was because he wanted to fight strong opponent. The only one who defeat him was himself?? Another reason I can think of was because he hated himself?? During his backstory, everyone called him names and didn't like the way he was. So he wanted to be stronger. But Kyousuke and everyone on Little Busters accepted him for who he was.

Masato wanted to prove he was the strongest as a kid. Something caused him to re-live that experience, and the only one who can take him down was Riki. It wasn't because Riki was Masato or "himself", but because Riki (and Rin) have become stronger and were able to defeat him, and forgive him for the similar rampage and accept that whatever happened was in the past, now that he's calmed down.
Dec 31, 2013 9:41 PM

Apr 2011
Masato going berserk. Riki defeating him.

Good episode.
MagitoDec 31, 2013 9:48 PM
Jan 6, 2014 9:09 PM

Oct 2012
Well, Masato's already a baka... Since he still a child xD
Kengo next
"Signature removed"
Jan 17, 2014 9:59 AM

Nov 2010
And so the Little Busters has gained a third member with a lot of effort planned by Masato himself

What a way to abuse a school symbol the statue
The way Riki and Rin lured Masato with those posters all over was amusing
Hulk Masato raging around with that rock attached to him was disturbing to see

Seeing him carameldansen when he was young was funny
It's nice to see his backstory finally

Retelling it from his view was kind of odd, he looked like he was high on something

I can see Masato cosplayers glued to a statue or mailbox now xD

The "Song for friends" at the end was really good

Kengo's next!
Jan 22, 2014 8:09 AM

Mar 2008
This anime still makes little sense to me.
I understand the explanations given, but I don't find them very... logical..
It's really frustrating to watch, as I think I could have liked this anime... maybe.
Apr 6, 2014 4:55 PM

May 2012
Pretty intense episode, that backstory was also quite lovely, let's see what's next though!
Apr 16, 2014 7:59 AM

Aug 2013
That must have been one nasty elbow hit if he could take down Masato in one hit haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 8, 2014 2:02 AM

Jan 2012
fell asleep twice for this one..

wtf does this shit have anything to do with wtf is going on...

fuck..
Sep 24, 2014 4:33 AM
Jul 2018
Masato's very creeped me out at the first, but when i realized what's Masato feels.
I don't know should i feel sorry for him or hate him.
Anyway, good episode..
Sep 25, 2014 6:53 PM

Aug 2013
Well, if we follow Komari picture book, Masato should now disappear, since his problem seem to be solved. Now, it will be Kengo turn.

Masato past is kinda sad, in a sweet fun way. The way Kyousuke dealt with him was so warm. It felt like some kind of street worker, helping him to stand up proud. Really contrasting to the Kyousuke we see now.

I think it had some deep meaning how Riki reenacted what Kyousuke did with Masato even if he didn't knew he that. It was even the same finishing blow. I get the feeling that he's slowly turning into a real leader, the leader Kyousuke failed to be in the end.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 28, 2014 4:03 PM

Aug 2014
Awesome! Great fights in the present and in masato's memories. So emotional and feels so fantastic remember when we made our first friends :)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 23, 2015 9:51 PM

Feb 2013
It feels like everyone's memories were wiped? They don't remember being in the Little Busters? Ehh, Masato backstory wasn't as sad as I thought it was going to be. But if they didn't forget how did Masato remember how Kyousuke defeated hin whenn they were children? Things are startig to get confusing!
Mar 4, 2015 10:00 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
this was the most stupid episode I've ever seen-
Mar 17, 2015 1:23 PM

Jan 2014
Well wow, the shit got real there for a bit.
For me, the anime only watcher, this episode was epic. BEYOND EPIC O.O
The flashbacks was amazingly well done and very interested. The Song For Friends fit the ending perfectly! Probably favorite episode till now. Rin x Riki such a cute couple <3 It was a bit frustrating to see Riki got hit in the face... oh...
May 31, 2015 6:19 PM

Jul 2014
This was such a mess, what the hell is going on.
Aug 14, 2015 12:53 PM

May 2009
Gosh I've been wanting answers since ep 3 or so and the only thing I'm getting is more questions. What's with this "unlock your friends" thing? Masato things Riki is now strong enough and he can become his true friend or something??

Omg I've never been so genuine confused before. CAN I GET SOME ANSWERS KEY?!
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Nov 22, 2015 11:55 PM

Aug 2009
well, that wasn't too bad, had me a little manly tears at the end

masato's POV was creepy lol... anyone would go insane when seeing that

ready for some kengo
Dec 1, 2015 11:09 AM

Mar 2010
Random45 said:
Vladz0r said:

Praise the heavens! An anime-only watcher who understands rather than mindlessly complains.
Yeah, it's kinda frustrating that they'd attempt Little Busters without bringing their all to the anime series.

Mindlessly complains? Pot calling the kettle black much? Just look at the first page of this to see the severe overreaction from people who have played the VN after watching the episode. It makes me feel ashamed that I have to be lumped up with you guys who complain about every. single. thing. that went wrong.

I agree that sticking with Little Melody would have been a FAR better choice than the song they went with, but god damn, you act like they committed a felony by changing it out for something else. It's very annoying to see, and I can completely sympathize with the anime-only watchers who have to deal with you and everyone else's constant whining.

Yup i just skip all those pages now as anime only watcher... Just typing my own vision and reading a couple of comments here on the last page.

Zyukichan said:
Gosh I've been wanting answers since ep 3 or so and the only thing I'm getting is more questions. What's with this "unlock your friends" thing? Masato things Riki is now strong enough and he can become his true friend or something??

Omg I've never been so genuine confused before. CAN I GET SOME ANSWERS KEY?!

Indeed! It only gets more mysterious damn X_X guess at the finsl ep we will now and before that they add more questions LOL

Anyways i liked this episode since i think masato is awesome! Hes unique yeah maybe not the brightest but hes still damn funny an awesome in his way.

So there is a 2nd world heh maybe even more since masato saw so many copies of himself.
What will happen if riki estabilishes the LB group again, will it start again or will therefinally be some piece?

And every other member of LB doesnt exist anymore except as a memory? Besides rin ofc
Jan 13, 2016 4:06 PM

Jan 2010
Amazing episode! It was very nice to see more about Masato's past, since we didn't get a chance to know more about him so far...

The moments he went insane were amazing aswell!
The last part left me speechless..it was amazing

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 14, 2016 2:07 PM

Dec 2009
Elbowed the shit outta Masato.

So one down, 2 to go before the original busters are back.
Jan 5, 2017 7:04 AM

Sep 2015
Next is Kengo then is Kyousuke the final boss? Or is it one of the Little Buster girls then Kyousuke?
Jul 20, 2017 1:19 AM

Dec 2013
Masato suddenly going crazy was weird but I really enjoyed that flashback and the parallels with the current Riki.
Jul 22, 2017 12:42 PM

Nov 2016
The chase was incredible stupid and a bit cringeworthy ( why didn't he just put off his jacket), but dat end made more than up for it. Masatos past moved me, I think this is my favorite episode so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 11, 2019 11:00 AM

Apr 2013
Uhm I still don't get what's going on. But I'm starting to think that it won't make any sense in the end. Season 2 is pretty boring so far.
Jul 28, 2021 12:28 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was sad to see Masato going berserk especially with that terrifying visions with everybody having the same appearance as him in his eyes... Riki is doing Kyousuke's work like the 1st time they met Masato, it was great to have that backstory, emotional episode once again.
Aug 4, 2021 3:12 PM

Jan 2020
Some parts with masato are super well done (especially the past and ending parts of the episode) but as a whole, I don't care a whole lot which is a shame

but that song at the end was fantastic. A perfect match

Sep 3, 2021 8:06 PM

Jun 2020
I don't know where this show is going but I know Riki is going to deal with a lot of problems caused by them surprisingly

Masato's on a rampage and he's really that strong that it's already a given and he's scary to talk to you just communicate with him once and you're getting punched in the face

Glad that Riki is there to outsmart his rampage good job on him on that one I was just confused what's happening in this episode.
Pages (5) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.