Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Sep 30, 2015 11:24 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode, but made me hate Tada.

So selfish and stupid of him. I know Kouko acts like that. Maybe he should have tried to act too kind to her at the beginning.

Lol that Tea club madness. I have feeling Mitsuo is starting to develop some feelings to Kouko.

Poor Linda, looks like she's blaming herself for the accident.

I do share some sentiments towards Tada. I made lots of mistakes and didn't took college seriously as i should.

Waaah Kouko confessed!!! Wonder how Linda and Mitsuo will react!?!?!

Can't wait for the next episode!!
Oct 5, 2015 3:53 PM

Sep 2015
Really nice episode. So far it's been the best one. This sh*t is deep as ffffffff.

Also, the MC is slowly starting to become one of my favorite anime characters.

9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2015 1:05 PM

Jul 2013
Lol @ the tea club again.

Awww, he loved Linda too and that's why he was on the bridge waiting for her response and she feels bad she didn't turn up sooner, awww.

I thought it seemed out of the blue but kinda I got it when Banri said he no longer wanted to be friends with Koko because of her love of Mitsuo.

It was sad when Mitsuo got rejected as well, especially the way he did.

Awww, Koko loves Banri too!, so cute at the end <3 :3
Dec 5, 2015 6:00 PM
Dec 2015
Was not expecting Tada to go off on Koko like that. Loved this episode, it had me sitting on the edge of my seat! This anime keeps getting better and better!
Jan 1, 2016 7:14 AM

Jun 2009
this is some kind of pacing alright. this is episode 6, guys. well, i guess that's what happens when you try to adapt 8 novels into only 24 episodes (at least one of which wasn't out when this finished airing (please no anime original ending)). oregairu had the same problem.
loghneckbeardJan 1, 2016 7:19 AM
Mar 16, 2016 3:45 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was very emotional, the past was revived, love was shared and turned down... WOW. Loved that episode, music also beautiful. Loved it.

With all these feelings revealed, I have to continue watching right now. So, see ya... ;)
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Jun 1, 2016 2:18 AM
Dec 2014
Holy crap what an episode... Whisch girl is the right one.... AAHHHHH
Jun 7, 2016 4:40 AM

Jul 2008
Holy crap when did Banri decide to set of those bombs?!?!

Now Banri and Koko are official, but no way is Linda going to just go away after that confession. Oh boy...
Jun 29, 2016 8:59 PM

Sep 2014
That was so forced.

At least Banri wasn't taking shit, but damn Linda is my best girl.
Jan 1, 2017 6:50 PM
Mar 2016
WOWOWOWOWOWOW

1 TO 100 REAL FAST

IS THIS FAST AND FURIOUS OVER 9000?

Ok, this episode was really good and I feel like life will never be the same after this happened.
Aug 16, 2017 1:00 PM
Feb 2017
I'd totally join the tea club!
Oct 16, 2017 9:34 PM

Jan 2010
Did....did I miss something? Seriously, this anime is getting harsher and harsher.

I'm honestly at a lost here, as normally shows have the issue of not being honest or going through periods of misunderstandings. Here, people are extremely honest with each other, going so far as to burn relationship bridges to fully express how they feel. This show doesn't mince words. When someone thinks something, they make sure that the other person knows. In a way, this is a great counter to other romcoms and romance dramas, but I didn't think it would turn out like this. In one way, this anime is really impressive. But, at the same time, it's really unpleasant to watch. I don't dislike this anime,as I actually find it really interesting, but damn does it get hard to watch.

Also, that ending. Seriously, that was like 3 confessions in 6 episodes. Wow.
Dec 14, 2017 10:51 PM

Jul 2009
The pacing in this episode was like, breakneck speed lol. Flashback scene was pretty good, Linda looks good with long hair! I actually like her the best, and the voice acting is really well done too. Banri throwing Mitsuo and Kouko to the tea club was pure evil XD Chinami's rejection was so blunt LOL. Poor guy :P Banri's emotions seem to be completely out of whack, I totally get why Linda would want to play it safe especially if she thought it was her fault what happened on the bridge. I suspect that Kouko only "confessed" because she doesn't want to be left alone, yet it looks like they're dating next episode?! UH ... OK, well, I guess we'll see where it goes from here? IDK I feel like while I appreciate that progress is being made, it feels like we're speeding through it without much time to absorb it all :P
Mar 4, 2018 11:48 PM

Jan 2018
That confession came out of nowhere. I think she just said that because she's lonely and that's very selfish of her.
Apr 7, 2018 10:23 AM

Apr 2013
Wow best episode so far. First Banri tells her about the shit she's pulling off and drops her. Then he finally confronts Linda with their past and that also got quite emotional. That must be one of the rare times where the characters actually act like real humans with their feelings out open and everything. Looks like Banri and Kouko will start dating now, though I'm not fuly convinced yet that she's really in love like him, but who knows?
May 2, 2018 6:07 AM

Apr 2018
So he become her friend and make her dependent on him just so he can force her to have sex with him? What an ashole!

Seriously he used her broken hart and fear of being alone to force her into becoming his gf when she was drunk and most vulnerable.

Worst part is how little people actualy get it. All his actions look so calculated and evil like he is a super sociophate.
Rasly2May 2, 2018 6:13 AM
This world is so small but we still cant find our ways.
Sep 21, 2018 3:50 AM

May 2016
What just happened no wonder Linda didn't say anything Banri is a moving bomb...
Nov 4, 2018 6:11 AM

May 2013
Aw, I've been there way too many times :( You lose a close friend bc they fell too hard for you and it just hurts them to be with you, so they leave TT^TT
The only diff is that I'm competent enough to know not to prod someone's wound day to day by obsessing over a guy who doesn't love me back lulz

Not sure how I feel about Koko's confession ;/ Mainly bc she doesn't know what real love is, so idk if she should be clinging onto Tada next until she matures and figures it out. But maybe it's gonna take Tada to change her. But Linda.... and the Tada memory spirit.....nuuu Q~Q
Mar 7, 2019 3:35 PM

Feb 2018
In this episode my feelings are being played but finally Kaga expresses his feelings to Banri.
Jun 16, 2019 11:24 PM
Aug 2017
Broo, here we go, the drama is just getting started. Kaga confessed to Banri! Bruh its earlier than I expected
Jul 17, 2019 9:32 AM

Jan 2018
sudden confession holyy shiiiitttttt.... also, WHAT THE FUCK IS BANRI DOIIINNNGGGG
Mar 16, 2020 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
Damn who knew Tada-kun could be such a douche. 😅
Apr 19, 2020 5:23 PM

May 2017
Koko always same dress...its geting boring , but this time she fall on bushes and we can see the hiden teasure , a black pantsu !

Okasan rejected him easy , then MC give tea member 2 delicious gift

Osananajimi feel like she did wrong things , she got late and it killed him, thats what she said

MC run away , koko steal bike and just run over the mMC while he was at the same place than when he first got hit the same way by a motorbike , i wonder if koko isnt the killer , maybe a killer/killed love story on ending

Still usualy thoses story part come at the ending , but here in 6 episode , they should put some fanservice ep , i want to see more of koko legs
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Apr 19, 2020 5:30 PM

May 2017
Rasly2 said:
So he become her friend and make her dependent on him just so he can force her to have sex with him? What an ashole!

Seriously he used her broken hart and fear of being alone to force her into becoming his gf when she was drunk and most vulnerable.

Worst part is how little people actualy get it. All his actions look so calculated and evil like he is a super sociophate.

Sex ? You know theres a lot of ppl that dont think about sex that fast ?

Also force her ? He was about to kill himself , didnt see is eyes looking for hope ? Yet is only hope was to die , also he wouldnt be that mean and then blush like that when she jumped on him
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Oct 2, 2020 1:11 AM

Jun 2020
I loved the fact that Banri experienced a scenario that was similar to the events of what happened in his past. But this time, the event ended in a way that was not only satisfactory for him, but in some ways his incorporeal past-self; he was given a definitive answer.
Have a great day!

Oct 2, 2020 11:32 PM

Jan 2020
Probably the best episode so far. I'm really happy that Kouko finally realized her feelings for Banri and confessed to him. But I do feel very sad for Linda. She definitely didn't deserve this.

The ending song is stuck in my head now. I'm absolutely loving it.
Mar 2, 2021 5:06 AM
Apr 2018
Does anyone else have issues with the pacing and character development like me? I already knew from the OP that Banri and Koko are gonna end up together, but the way it came this episode is just so... unsatisfying. That meltdown from Banri is just so out of character; considering how meek he is. And the way he got mad at Koko is just...what? She just barely got rejected, plus Tada hasn't done much to leave an impression on her.
Mar 12, 2021 1:55 PM
Jul 2013
Rasly2 said:

Well, I had a warning light come on during the scene when Koko was drunk, but I wouldn't go as far as calling Banri a sociopath. I don't think any of it was calculated and Banri just acted on a whim. There's still a possibility you're right, in which case I would be surprised, and that would take this show to the next level.
Jun 6, 2021 9:38 AM
May 2020
i did not expect that ahlie
Jun 8, 2021 4:45 PM

Apr 2018
YOOO why did this series suddenly become so much more interesting. How is there so many turns in episode 6??
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Jun 29, 2021 5:48 AM

Feb 2020
Oh, Banri, Banri, stupid Banri... I already wasn't fond of him ever since the first episode, but now I can safely say I absolutely despise him. His amnesia doesn't at all allow him to treat people the way he does. Poor Linda simply didn't know how to react around him, and as for Kouko... What did she even do for him to suddenly ditch her after having been the first person to reach out to her ? He went and helped her, and then after she completely got attached to him, after she even proved him how much she cares, he abandons her, and why did he do it ? Because the guy doesn't want for her to act like a spoiled kid yet he is the biggest spoiled kid of them all. Seriously none of his reasons are legitimate. You reach out to someone, that means you decided to make yourself a part of their life, that's all. It's not the other person's fault. And if there's a real problem, then discuss it, don't just yell at them and call them out without giving them a chance to talk this out. Failed friendships can happen, but this behaviour is just trash. And the worst thing is that Banri didn't even feel a tiny bit bad for what he did.
Maybe, to his defense, I can say that he was honest, at least. But you can be honest without being a jerk.

Also, I also had a problem with Kouko's argument with her ex-boyfriend (yup, I forgot his name). Is having an entire room of "friends" (more like acquaintance) really some life goal that suddenly proves you're a fully functional human being ? What's the point in having 1000 people you more or less get along with ? Having one or two close friends sounds so much better to me but maybe I'm just not working right.

The reason I wrote this little rant is because I'm having real issues with the way the characters behave. The majority of them is full of jerks, yet it is the ones who are just awkward who end up being called out. I saw this show is made by the same person who made Toradora, it's not surprising since I had the same issue with this one, the show constantly seemed to put the blame on the wrong person. But at least in Toradora, most of the characters remained truly endearing despite their flaws and how much they could get on my nerves. Aside from Kouko and Linda, I have a truly hard time with everyone in Golden Time. And even Kouko has her annoying moments but she is very relatable and trying her best to change so I can't dislike her.
But overall the show not only has very annoying characters, but also has characters whose behaviour seems so... Wrong. Forced. I don't know, nothing seems natural and like a real behaviour from real young adults, except from Linda and to some extent Kouko. I'm not saying it in the way that they are immature, I'm their age and I'm not much more mature than them. No it's just that their reactions really feel off.
Sorry for the rant, I'm not trying to hate on this show, I just needed to write down my thoughts.

Fortunately, as I said I do like Kouko and Linda, and the story has some potential, so I want to keep going, but I hope the other characters will change for the better.
Aug 4, 2021 11:56 AM
Jun 2016
Watching this episode is feel like being reborn from coccoon. The way that Mitsuo is rejected (take it, Mitsuo), and the way that Linda become unlucky because of her selfiness, and when the "Golden Time" where Tada's love to Kaga is betrayed by her. But then after realized her unawareness, She show Tada's her true feeling to tada and they begin to be truly connected to each other. Wonder to see the next episode. 🥺
Oct 15, 2021 4:46 AM

Dec 2013
I wasn't expecting so many confessions in one episode. Things escalate at a ridiculous pace in this series. They've only been at uni for a few weeks now.

Oka's "you're being dumb" was brutal but understandable considering how long they've known each other.

I feel a bit bad for Linda when she broke down.

Koko seemingly confessing was random. It feels like she doesn't want to be left alone more than anything else...
Apr 11, 2022 7:17 AM

Dec 2020
What is going on. Do the two main characters just suck. They are both pretty unlikable so far lol
Aug 26, 2022 1:11 PM
Apr 2020
Kaga-san is a beeeatch
Oct 9, 2022 12:26 PM
Jul 2013
Lots of self reflection and facing the past in this one, good stuff
Oct 9, 2022 11:59 PM

Jan 2022
LMAO! Bitch just straight up stole that dudes bike bruh
-insert NGE meme here-
Nov 12, 2022 8:59 AM

Aug 2020
uhuh okay that happened lol

what is banri doing tho LMAOOO my guy is unstable af, can relate tho. that confession came out of nowhere, im really scared shes just saying it for them to keep hanging out together. I wouldnt wanna lose my closest friend either.
Dec 8, 2022 1:30 PM

Feb 2022
If it's gonna continue like this, the show will run out of people who can confess to each other pretty quick lol.
Also would love to see some candid footage from the tea club, for scientific purposes ofc.
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Dec 8, 2022 1:41 PM

Feb 2022
Fafette said:
Oh, Banri, Banri, stupid Banri... I already wasn't fond of him ever since the first episode, but now I can safely say I absolutely despise him. His amnesia doesn't at all allow him to treat people the way he does. Poor Linda simply didn't know how to react around him, and as for Kouko... What did she even do for him to suddenly ditch her after having been the first person to reach out to her ? He went and helped her, and then after she completely got attached to him, after she even proved him how much she cares, he abandons her, and why did he do it ? Because the guy doesn't want for her to act like a spoiled kid yet he is the biggest spoiled kid of them all. Seriously none of his reasons are legitimate. You reach out to someone, that means you decided to make yourself a part of their life, that's all. It's not the other person's fault. And if there's a real problem, then discuss it, don't just yell at them and call them out without giving them a chance to talk this out. Failed friendships can happen, but this behaviour is just trash. And the worst thing is that Banri didn't even feel a tiny bit bad for what he did.
Maybe, to his defense, I can say that he was honest, at least. But you can be honest without being a jerk.

Literally this, you can't treat people like this. I know because I definitely talk and interact with many people on a daily basis, and have lots of friends haha ha
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Jan 11, 2023 3:35 AM

Jul 2022
This is the feeling that I remembered as the first time I saw it, not 100% but this strong lump in the throat is similar
Jan 18, 2023 11:21 PM
Dec 2020
Pacing is all over the place
People are confessing left and right, and their behaviour is quite weird
Apr 13, 2023 3:07 AM
Oct 2016
kuuderes_shadow said:
Banri shouldn't throw people away like that. It hurts. A lot. Too much... Whatever the reason. Get upset, yes. Get angry, yes. Turn them away? Yes. But just dismiss them, forever? No way. That's just wrong.

This series keeps bringing out painful memories. So why am I watching and enjoying it?

That wasn't even the only one this episode...

Setting that aside, Linda now knows that Banri knows about her. Though the two seem further apart than ever before, perhaps that's just a stepping stone for them to become friends again. I hope so. Or, to put it in a way Banri would understand, for Linda to become friends with the new Tada Banri.

And Kouko too.

Bruh, Banri throwing people away? Clearly you don't know what it's like to be in love with someone, and despite them not loving you back, you keep up with their toxic facade just because you like being around them, until it just becomes toxic.
In this episode he genuinely proved imo what a true man is that stands for himself when he cannot take it anymore. Like he couldn't take it anymore with being Koko's rebound choice just so she wouldn't be lonely. Like he couldn't take it anymore with Linda mustering up that fake ass smile like she's just gonna pretend the past never happened? Like how long was she planning to go along with this? Nah, Banri finally stood up for himself, and if he speaking out hurts anyone else, well don't forget how long he's been hurting, thinking his life isn't even his own. Koko may be new but damn Linda had a responsibility, and she freaking cowered even after she admitted she couldn't let things end like that. Banri be acting more like a protagonist now, unlike his mediocre design that was drawn on purpose to fool the audience.
iamisranApr 13, 2023 3:10 AM
Apr 15, 2023 9:02 PM

Nov 2017
Did I get high and skip half a season? WTF? Biggest episode-long time skip I've ever seen! Usually all that development would've taken an additional 15 episodes. That was wild. Welp, I wonder where we're going with this now. 
Apr 24, 2023 9:57 AM
Apr 2023
love this episode
Jul 25, 2023 3:25 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This episode felt like I got hit by a bike out of nowhere

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 15, 2023 2:47 AM

Feb 2019
I wonder what Linda's answer is. I can't help but feel bad if it was yes because their love was cut off by the accident and can probably never get back ;-;

And was not expecting Kouko to confess that quickly
Oct 7, 2023 9:57 PM
Mar 2023
Relate sama kehidupan nyata, bahwa nyatakanlah perasaan itu meskipun di tolak, setidaknya sudah berusaha, seperti tada banri menyatakan cintanya pada linda, tetapi linda menolak dengan sebutan kita hanya teman dan saudara, tidak lebih
Oct 26, 2023 9:27 PM

Jun 2010
This is the exact type of complication I was hoping we didn't get.. sigh
Why does there always need to be a winner and loser scenario.
Nov 18, 2023 3:55 PM
Oct 2023
ep 6 is crazy good with peak conflict and tension revealing a very complex love triangle
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.