Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Berserk' to Resume After a New Short Manga of Six Chapters

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 5, 2013 5:58 AM

May 2012
I was hopping for a 4th movie. I don't like to read mangas
Nov 5, 2013 6:43 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:

Am I the only who thinks that getting more assistants would help HIM?It is because I dont believe that it can be finished in 30 chapters that I am saying that and with your post
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=685439&show=0#msg26168095
if we get 6 chapters per year it will take 28 more years till we see the conclusion if I didnt derp hard in my calculation.

ssjokg said:
Reinou said:
Meh, I've given up hope on the manga ever getting a proper ending a long time ago. Same goes for HxH. On the other hand, thanks to Miura and Togashi I now almost never start reading a manga from them until it's finished.
fixed.

Honestly,no matter the reviews about Miura's new work I wont start it until it finishes.

1) He already has a few assistants and hiring additional people is not cheap.

2) His newest work IS finished because it will be published in one go in 6 consecutive releases. Publishing =/= working.

3) Yes, this will probably take 25 more years. So what? One Piece will take 15 more years as well, Conan will probably never end, Ippo passed 1000 chapters with no end in sight and Golgo and Kochikame are still being published and they are a lot older than Berserk. Some Western authors only managed one small book per decade, some never even finished their books in their lifetime (Kafka is a good example). So what?

If the quality stays on a high level I'd suggest you learn the meaning of the word patience. You are just as entitled as most ASOIAF fans are when they suggest that GRRM should hurry up and finish the books before he dies - and unlike GRRM Miura is in his 40s. Not to mention that unlike the author of Bastard, Miura and GRRM ARE constantly working on their series.

If you can't stand unfinished works you should not start them but then again, if everyone would display such a spoiled attitude these epics (in a literal sense) could never be published because no publisher would invest the needed amount of money for such a long time and the medium would lose tons of great works.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 5, 2013 7:36 AM

Aug 2009
symbv said:
ssjokg said:

We dont know if it will return normally.We have seen it "return" again after all.
Precisely, so were you a bit premature to ask "Cant he just take a really big break(year+) and just continue the manga normally after he is done?" and assumed he already had bad planning when he went out for research by taking a break this year?
So far I have seen only that.

@Nidhoeggr
1)I thought Berserk was bringing money to him and the publishers.

2)Ah if it is that short then fine.

3)Ippo and OP dont release 6 or less chapters per year and you feel that at least the arcs do move forward.I dont know about the others.
Both you and I are entitled fans only at different sides.YOu claim that he always has a good reason(with most of them being reasons made by fans not Miura),I claim that he doesnt give a shit anymore.
As far as I know GRRM doesnt look like he takes break just to take breaks.
As for patience I have MANY publicizing series on hold both manga and LN (add and those that have scanlation problems)and I only fear about Berserk because Miura has given me a reason to.
ssjokgNov 5, 2013 7:43 AM
Nov 5, 2013 7:38 AM

Dec 2012
Nidhoeggr said:

3) Yes, this will probably take 25 more years. So what? One Piece will take 15 more years as well, Conan will probably never end, Ippo passed 1000 chapters with no end in sight and Golgo and Kochikame are still being published and they are a lot older than Berserk.

Except the manga you mentioned are being published weekly and they advance their stories even if it's by a little. One Piece is supposed to be a long runner until it's conclusion or so the fan claims, and they love the weekly content and the characters so they don't want it to end. Conan and Ippo are not as plot driven as Berserk, fans of both these series are not looking for conclusion and they enjoy the weekly content.
If the quality stays on a high level I'd suggest you learn the meaning of the word patience. You are just as entitled as most ASOIAF fans are when they suggest that GRRM should hurry up and finish the books before he dies - and unlike GRRM Miura is in his 40s. Not to mention that unlike the author of Bastard, Miura and GRRM ARE constantly working on their series.

What high level of quality? I think it's safe to say that a good portion of the fans claim that Berserk went down hill and it's not quite as good as it used to be in the golden age arc and the few arcs after it, only blind fans can claim the series is still consistent in high quality content. Complaining that is gonna take 25 years for a story to conclude is not being impatient like you are implying, 25 years is a very long time and it's not like Berserk is the best fiction to ever exist, so it needs this time to have a godly epic ending. Stop being a blind fanboy.

If you can't stand unfinished works you should not start them

I don't think people can predict the future, how can the older fans predict that Miura is gonna be on hiatus?!

symbv said:
ssjokg said:

We dont know if it will return normally.We have seen it "return" again after all.
Precisely, so were you a bit premature to ask "Cant he just take a really big break(year+) and just continue the manga normally after he is done?" and assumed he already had bad planning when he went out for research by taking a break this year?

Do mangaka in Japan dislike having interviews or letting their fans know of inside details?

IMO, Miura should have at least explained to his fans the current situation or gave more details than ''research activities'' or is that the editors and publishers decision?

Nobody in this thread knows why Miura doesn't seem to care about his work but my best bet would be what Thanglong said in this thread.

''Miura probably ran out of energy after all those years of sticking with Berserk. Thus, he is distracting himself with other activities, either by playing video games (I@ms included) or drawing a new manga. I'm sure he feels missing-out on the chance to draw other settings and stories because his creative life has been consumed by Berserk..''
Nov 5, 2013 7:45 AM

Sep 2012
tsudecimo said:

Do mangaka in Japan dislike having interviews or letting their fans know of inside details?
More like nobody thinks about interviewing the mangaka? As for letting fans know their inside details, I am sure the west has its fair share of reclusive or publicity-shy writers?

tsudecimo said:
IMO, Miura should have at least explained to his fans the current situation or gave more details than ''research activities'' or is that the editors and publishers decision?
Editors, publishers, mangaka himself. Could be any one of them or all. They just don't want to disclose the details. To be honest, it may not even be really "research activities". My post about Miura playing IdolM@ster as "research activities" is not purely a joke. In fact thing went so bad for the fans that back in September there was a hoax saying Miura was seriously ill and Berserk would end prematurely and quite a lot of people actually believed it (of course until somebody actually called up the publisher and found out the truth).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 5, 2013 8:48 AM

Mar 2009
symbv said:
tsudecimo said:

More like nobody thinks about interviewing the mangaka? As for letting fans know their inside details, I am sure the west has its fair share of reclusive or publicity-shy writers?

Miura is well-known to be reclusive, and he keeps to himself; however, Skullknight.net(the internet's biggest Berserk community) managed to get a short interview with him a few years back. The full interview can be read here: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9513.msg166308#msg166308

While there's nothing about the breaks, there is this:

Question: Could you describe an average day in your studio? How many hours each day do you work?

Answers: I start working at 2:00 PM and I finish at 7:00 AM. Of course, the time I spend eating is included. I work 15-16 hours everyday, without holidays.

That aside, Gigantomakhia will begin its run in the November 22nd issue of Young Animal. The schedule looks like this:

Issue 1: Nov. 22
Issue 2: Dec. 13
Issue 3: Dec. 27
Issue 4: Jan. 10
Issue 5: Jan. 24
Issue 6: Feb. 14

So, if we're lucky, we'll get Berserk at the end of February. Hopefully. If not, definitely in March.
Nov 5, 2013 8:50 AM

Apr 2009
@ssjokg & tsud:

Reread the latest arc again. Berserk is progressing faster again after - and I totally agree here - some drawnout parts in the MF chapter. But then again, the dislike about the publication schedule and the dislike of the - imho needed - transition into a more traditional high fantasy setting are the main factors behind this.

I think that even with the lighter tones in recent arcs (which was surely the "peak" of fluffy fun Berserk time with Guts and Co., given the upcoming arcs), the handling of the characters and the world building remained largely untouched and stayed on a high level. Aknowledging that seems to be above a few newer fans as - and sadly I noticed that a lot over the course of years - they read Berserk primary for the gore and the rape instead of the character interactions. But seeing as this discussion is probably not only the root for the arguments in this thread, but also largely irrelevant to it I suggest that we use one of the many threads that already exist int he Berserk manga subforum for this.

As far as I know GRRM doesnt look like he takes break just to take breaks.

Go to his personal blog and you'll find tons of comments about football games, his own movie theatres, signing tours, several anthologies and other projects, etc.
To some fans it - just like with Miura and his idolm@ster comments - looked like he was never working and they never stopped pestering him about it. In the end he replied:

"Some of you are angry about the miniatures, the swords, the resin busts, the games. You don't want me 'wasting time' on those, or talking about them here. Some of you are angry that I watch football during the fall," the author wrote. "Some of you don't want me attending conventions, teaching workshops, touring and doing promo ... After all, as some of you like to point out in your emails, I am 60 years old and fat, and you don't want me to 'pull a Robert Jordan' on you and deny you your book. OK, I've got the message. You don't want me doing anything except A Song of Ice and Fire. Ever. (Well, maybe it's OK if I take a leak once in a while?)"

Source: Guardian (I couldn't find the blog entry anymore...)

There is an interesting article about the relation between fans and certain authors that can easily be applied to Miura as well. But as I said, this is getting a bit too offtopic.

Also this:
Mormegil said:

Miura is well-known to be reclusive, and he keeps to himself; however, Skullknight.net(the internet's biggest Berserk community) managed to get a short interview with him a few years back. The full interview can be read here: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9513.msg166308#msg166308

While there's nothing about the breaks, there is this:

Question: Could you describe an average day in your studio? How many hours each day do you work?

Answers: I start working at 2:00 PM and I finish at 7:00 AM. Of course, the time I spend eating is included. I work 15-16 hours everyday, without holidays.

He already IS working nonstop on it! A man can only work 24/7 at max, you know...

Mormegil said:

So, if we're lucky, we'll get Berserk at the end of February. Hopefully. If not, definitely in March.

This was confirmed in this news. along with the length and the status of the other work ssjokg inquired to know.

You should actually read the news, guys...
NidhoeggrNov 5, 2013 8:55 AM
Nov 5, 2013 9:01 AM

Nov 2012
Ow freaking god he still lives. *pinks a way tear* Ow freaking god. Six more chapter until it finally continues. I waited a F*cking year for this man.
Nov 5, 2013 9:13 AM

Aug 2009
I never complained about Berserk's latest arcs or about Guts "fluffy"company,if that is what you are saying but the Sea Monster arc being concluded and getting a backstory about Guts and elves isnt the best thing ever with that kind of release schedule.I would have preferred it if they had reached their destination and wasted 20 chapters just talking with a bit more regular releases.

I am not saying that he should only focus on Berserk,but the way things go it seems that he stopped caring about it.As I said in another thread I dont mind it being left as it is,but you know since he DOES have other projects he apparently wants to focus on why not end it in any way and just do those?I mean he could just kill off Guts and the rest and make Griffith bring peace to the world....It would be refreshing for him and the fans and it may not require as much effort as Berserk does.

The news say that it is a short manga to be serialized.For all we know that 6 chapters manga may turn out to be the prologue/pilot to a new series.It isnt the first time that would happen with a short manga.
Nov 5, 2013 9:17 AM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:

The news say that it is a short manga to be serialized.For all we know that 6 chapters manga may turn out to be the prologue/pilot to a new series.It isnt the first time that would happen with a short manga.
I said the new short manga "will be serialized in the next 6 issues of Young Animal". Is it not clear enough that this *short* manga will finish in 6 chapters? Should it be written in even clearer way?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 5, 2013 9:23 AM

Aug 2009
symbv said:
ssjokg said:

I said the new short manga "will be serialized in the next 6 issues of Young Animal". Is it not clear enough that this *short* manga will finish in 6 chapters? Should it be written in even clearer way?

No I say that depending on Miura and/or the publishers it may be followed by another short or a full series that picks up from there.
Nov 5, 2013 9:23 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
I never complained about Berserk's latest arcs or about Guts "fluffy"company,if that is what you are saying but the Sea Monster arc being concluded and getting a backstory about Guts and elves isnt the best thing ever with that kind of release schedule.I would have preferred it if they had reached their destination and wasted 20 chapters just talking with a bit more regular releases.

I am not saying that he should only focus on Berserk,but the way things go it seems that he stopped caring about it.As I said in another thread I dont mind it being left as it is,but you know since he DOES have other projects he apparently wants to focus on why not end it in any way and just do those?I mean he could just kill off Guts and the rest and make Griffith bring peace to the world....It would be refreshing for him and the fans and it may not require as much effort as Berserk does.

Maybe because he... you know... really likes Berserk and just wanted to do a short story? Because he wanted to do something different just for a short while? Lots of other authors wrote oneshots or short series because constantly writing on only one piece of fiction can get very tiring if you don't relax or occupy yourself with other things.

As someone who is constantly writing as well I can assure you that almost nobody can sit down and focus 24/7 on one single project over decades. I just greatly dislike that a man who has rather few friends and works constantly 16 hours per day on the things he loves is getting trashtalked constantly because of some "fans". "Fans" that only accept one way of storytelling regardless of quality, "fans" that ridicule him if he actually talks about a game he plays for a few hours max. per month , "fans" that - although he constantly imporved the quality of the art they love - bitch at every news related to it.
Maybe it is because I am in a tough creative process as well right now, but it just doesn't sit well with me at all. Just read that interview Mormegil linked. He loves his work and does his best yet nobody here seems to respect that. That's sad.
Nov 5, 2013 9:30 AM

Jan 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
ssjokg said:

Maybe because he... you know... really likes Berserk and just wanted to do a short story? Because he wanted to do something different just for a short while? Lots of other authors wrote oneshots or short series because constantly writing on only one piece of fiction can get very tiring if you don't relax or occupy yourself with other things.

As someone who is constantly writing as well I can assure you that almost nobody can sit down and focus 24/7 on one single project over decades. I just greatly dislike that a man who has rather few friends and works constantly 16 hours per day on the things he loves is getting trashtalked constantly because of some "fans". "Fans" that only accept one way of storytelling regardless of quality, "fans" that ridicule him if he actually talks about a game he plays for a few hours max. per month , "fans" that - although he constantly imporved the quality of the art they love - bitch at every news related to it.
Maybe it is because I am in a tough creative process as well right now, but it just doesn't sit well with me at all. Just read that interview Mormegil linked. He loves his work and does his best yet nobody here seems to respect that. That's sad.

very sad indeed.
A piece of my brain just shot out of my weiner!- Onodera Punpun
Nov 5, 2013 10:33 AM
May 2012
I still haven't read or watched Berserk but some day I will :D

This is good news I guess and the short Manga "Gigantomakhia" looks cool!!!!
Nov 5, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2010
Nidhoeggr said:

This is why I find it depressing reading Berserk subforums here. Heck, pretty much a lot of comments in most Berserk (and Idolm@ster) related articles I stumble upon online. Miura doesn't deserve this kind of treatment from these so called "fans". People need to show some respect. :/
Nov 6, 2013 12:20 PM

Oct 2008
ssjokg said:

I am not saying that he should only focus on Berserk,but the way things go it seems that he stopped caring about it.As I said in another thread I dont mind it being left as it is,but you know since he DOES have other projects he apparently wants to focus on why not end it in any way and just do those?

Because.. Storytelling? And because quite obviously a lot of people would mind?
You don't sound like much of a fan, if you don't mind him ending the manga in a rushed way and leaving a lot of loose threads..
Nov 6, 2013 9:37 PM

Aug 2009
HATUL said:
ssjokg said:

I am not saying that he should only focus on Berserk,but the way things go it seems that he stopped caring about it.As I said in another thread I dont mind it being left as it is,but you know since he DOES have other projects he apparently wants to focus on why not end it in any way and just do those?

Because.. Storytelling? And because quite obviously a lot of people would mind?
You don't sound like much of a fan, if you don't mind him ending the manga in a rushed way and leaving a lot of loose threads..
But it will happen.With that pace it will happen.And just because it will be a bad ending it doesnt mean it will be bad story wise.
Nov 7, 2013 12:20 AM

Jul 2010
DemiFiendRSA said:
Nidhoeggr said:

This is why I find it depressing reading Berserk subforums here. Heck, pretty much a lot of comments in most Berserk (and Idolm@ster) related articles I stumble upon online. Miura doesn't deserve this kind of treatment from these so called "fans". People need to show some respect. :/

He get respect for his work but fans get frustrated when they see all these delays with no ending in sight. It seems like it won't end even if he keep releasing chapters once in a while. That kind of frustration is totally understandable. People read something to enjoy and ending is the most important point, no matter whatever you start. A 1000 chapters regular series won't make you mad because you're a fan and in the end you're getting something with hope to see the ending. It's been about a year since last chapter and until now there was no news about the next release. Everyone knows that he's really talented and he's doing this for 25 years. So why all these breaks? Which led to believe that he lost his interest or doesn't have that kind of passion anymore, but i hope this is all wrong and he really make a proper restart by next year. Oh and Idolm@aster is just a running joke. I don't think anyone use this as insult.
Nov 7, 2013 12:49 AM

Apr 2009
It's quite obvious what he spend his time on, Han-yuu: instead of waiting 3 months, releasing 3 chapters and then go back to three months of drawing he just stocked up and releases a bunch of them, starting 22th November. Sure, he should have communicated that but it is obvious he was working the entire time and still is quite dedicated.
Unlike Togashi, who even stopped fixing his scribbles in recent volumes or the author of Bastard!! who publishes one chapter every 2 years to then disappear without giving reasons at all.
Imho they should just announce a permanent hiatus and let Miura finish an entire arc before publishing these chapters in one go. But then again, the status of Berserk being an active publication might be of importance to the publisher as well.

And sadly, the Idolm@ster stuff is taken seriously because most people are dumb and naive.
Nov 7, 2013 1:10 AM

Jul 2010
Nidhoeggr said:
It's quite obvious what he spend his time on, Han-yuu: instead of waiting 3 months, releasing 3 chapters and then go back to three months of drawing he just stocked up and releases a bunch of them, starting 22th November. Sure, he should have communicated that but it is obvious he was working the entire time and still is quite dedicated.
Unlike Togashi, who even stopped fixing his scribbles in recent volumes or the author of Bastard!! who publishes one chapter every 2 years to then disappear without giving reasons at all.
Imho they should just announce a permanent hiatus and let Miura finish an entire arc before publishing these chapters in one go. But then again, the status of Berserk being an active publication might be of importance to the publisher as well.

And sadly, the Idolm@ster stuff is taken seriously because most people are dumb and naive.

Well, I'm quite intrigued to read his next work as well as i hope he stocked up Berserk chapters just like you said. If he can keep up one chapter a month for some good time. I would be really satisfied.
Nov 7, 2013 10:02 AM

Mar 2009
Finally :) Im not the kind that is happy by waiting...
Nyah, no ,Nyah ~
Nov 7, 2013 11:28 AM

Oct 2008
ssjokg said:

But it will happen.With that pace it will happen.And just because it will be a bad ending it doesnt mean it will be bad story wise.

You can speculate, but neither of us know what will happen. He might even pass the manga on to someone else, like with Guin Saga. Who knows..
And a good conclusion is an essential part of any story. So yes, a bad ending is a terrible thing story wise.
Just to give you an example, what is the most memorable thing about Romeo and Juliet?
HatulNov 7, 2013 11:33 AM
Nov 7, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2009
HATUL said:
ssjokg said:

You can speculate, but neither of us know what will happen. He might even pass the manga on to someone else, like with Guin Saga. Who knows..
And a good conclusion is an essential part of any story. So yes, a bad ending is a terrible thing story wise.
Just to give you an example, what is the most memorable thing about Romeo and Juliet?

They die?And a Happy ending isnt always the only type of good ending.
Nov 7, 2013 12:02 PM

Oct 2008
ssjokg said:
HATUL said:
ssjokg said:

And when do they die? In the ending.. And you missed the point. Whether the ending will be happy or sad is not the subject (though a happy ending would seem silly in Berserk, obviously). The subject is whether or not it will leave anything open and render things pointless and if it would just come out of nowhere. Which I would mind very much and you wouldn't mind for some reason..
Nov 7, 2013 12:11 PM

Aug 2009
HATUL said:
ssjokg said:
HATUL said:
ssjokg said:

And when do they die? In the ending.. And you missed the point. Whether the ending will be happy or sad is not the subject (though a happy ending would seem silly in Berserk, obviously). The subject is whether or not it will leave anything open and render things pointless and if it would just come out of nowhere. Which I would mind very much and you wouldn't mind for some reason..

Yeah makes sense.Because instead of focusing on the story it is better to go around with pointless enemies like the last arcs we had which contributed a lot to the main plot.Because Guts' "realization" couldnt happen without all that shit right?.
If he stops that shit then he wont need 200 chapters to end it.
ssjokgNov 7, 2013 12:14 PM
Nov 8, 2013 1:39 AM

Oct 2007
What are you talking about? There's plenty to do. We have to see the full glory of Falconia, learn how it works, discover its dark secrets. There's Caska and her brain damage, there should be something else at Elfhelm too. Remember about the Godhand, we still don't know much about them.
Calm down and think about it rationally. Berserk should last easily 100+ chapters more for it to not be disappointing in the end. There's no way to end it well in like 30 chapters.

But first, we have to get off the god damn boat.
Nov 8, 2013 1:52 AM

Aug 2009
Progeusz said:
What are you talking about? There's plenty to do. We have to see the full glory of Falconia, learn how it works, discover its dark secrets. There's Caska and her brain damage, there should be something else at Elfhelm too. Remember about the Godhand, we still don't know much about them.
Calm down and think about it rationally. Berserk should last easily 100+ chapters more for it to not be disappointing in the end. There's no way to end it well in like 30 chapters.

Exactly that and it isnt just one or two chapters but entire arcs.
Did we need two volumes of random fights so that Guts can realize that Casca being cured may not be what she wants or that Schierke and Farnese care about him?
Why not just focus on the main plot(since long ago)?
This isnt One Piece where every new island has some new mystery which is part of Luffy's grand adventure.
ssjokgNov 8, 2013 9:32 PM
Nov 8, 2013 10:10 AM
Dec 2012
Progeusz said:

The only way I can see it ending in our lifetimes is if Miura outsources the manga to someone else.
Nov 13, 2013 6:37 PM
Oct 2012
I am definitely eager for Berserk more than anything, but his new series looks interesting.
I'll definitely read it.
Nov 17, 2013 8:47 AM
Nov 2013
i am working on a Berserk project, but not the mangga. Miura san is a busy person, the mangga is not the only thing in his life. believe me, it takes a lot of time to make his artwork, just look at the details and the quality of the art. just be patient. i did not even know about Berserk until I got myself involved in this project some months before. I was addicted and I am waiting just like everybody.
Nov 17, 2013 11:29 AM

Jul 2010
mangaUncle said:
i am working on a Berserk project, but not the mangga. Miura san is a busy person, the mangga is not the only thing in his life. believe me, it takes a lot of time to make his artwork, just look at the details and the quality of the art. just be patient. i did not even know about Berserk until I got myself involved in this project some months before. I was addicted and I am waiting just like everybody.

Is it some kind of official project?
Nov 17, 2013 11:35 AM

Aug 2009
Han-yuu said:
mangaUncle said:

It is the "try hard fan" project.
Nov 18, 2013 6:46 AM
Nov 2013
Han-yuu said:
mangaUncle said:

yes, it is. unfortunately, i cannot tell you much about it until maybe 7 more months. i do not usually think about the projects that come in but i was intrigued by the mystery of the characters. i had to know them in one way or the other so i had to do my research.

it was when researching about the behelit and skull knight that i decide that the work is too deep for a wiki article to educate me. so i had to read the manga.
Nov 18, 2013 12:50 PM

Jul 2010
ssjokg said:
Han-yuu said:
mangaUncle said:

It is the "try hard fan" project.

http://i.imgur.com/9x7Frq0.jpg

mangaUncle said:
Han-yuu said:
mangaUncle said:

yes, it is. unfortunately, i cannot tell you much about it until maybe 7 more months. i do not usually think about the projects that come in but i was intrigued by the mystery of the characters. i had to know them in one way or the other so i had to do my research.

it was when researching about the behelit and skull knight that i decide that the work is too deep for a wiki article to educate me. so i had to read the manga.

Well, peoples are interested in the manga or story which can continue in any format than anything else. Let me guess to make happy all these lost souls. "It's a huge collaboration in art and story ideas. 7 months and Miura-sensei will start releasing 1 chapter every 15 days for 10 years straight (include some Biweekly breaks).
Nov 18, 2013 3:27 PM

Apr 2013
*FANGIRLING*
Nov 22, 2013 9:14 AM

Apr 2009
Welll, Gigantomakhia is out and in the mangaka notes typically found at the end of the magazine/TOC Miura said: "It's not like I stopped working on Berserk."

So there you have it from the man himself, this is just a short detour.
Nov 22, 2013 1:12 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Miura pls :(
Nov 26, 2013 3:03 PM

Apr 2010
I'll believe this all when it comes out again. As long as it's somewhat regularly released I'm happy. Better than no Berserk!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

5 by Thanatos1 »»
59 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
2 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.