Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 5, 2013 7:17 AM
May 2013
NOOO!!!!
after watching the 3 minutes koroshiya-san that i want more and 3 minutes is not enough
Now we're having a 5 minutes only episode per week Pupa?
I'm so excited to watch that I already read all the translated manga and now this
Nov 5, 2013 7:51 AM

Jan 2013
Since there have been some time that this information get out but none of reliable sites have spread it I will take it that this info can be taken as a troll.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Nov 5, 2013 12:10 PM

Jul 2011
parfaited said:
I will laugh for the rest of my life if this is true.

Me too. It would be just perfect...

Anyway, I doubt this is true. No real info from any official website, and neither the mangaka or the director have stated anything on their twitter. Makes you wonder why some random japanese website has insider information.
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.
Nov 5, 2013 11:48 PM

Nov 2012
well seems it's not confirmed yet if it's really true but i think the real question is when this is actually coming out.
Nov 6, 2013 12:27 AM
Apr 2012
I hope it's true because it's a VERY VERY shitty manga and the adaptation will be, for sure, even worse. I'm glad to learn that it will only be 5 minutes of torture (Well, I didn't plan to watch this for more than 3 min just to look at this awful shit)
Nov 6, 2013 5:49 AM
Apr 2013
Dang it
I read the translated chapters which was only like 7 and I really enjoyed it. Now I hear this, better be fake
Nov 7, 2013 4:23 PM
Nov 2013
WHY?? TT.TT
Nov 7, 2013 4:48 PM

Nov 2012
I don't think this is true. The article states..... "Evidently, Studio DEEN really was too busy with MeganeBu to make anything out of imouto horror story Pupa." Why would they spend more time on that crappy show when Pupa is more likely to make way more money? I dropped MeganBu within the first five minuets, I simply could not make it through the first episode.

seikipunch said:
Stark700 said:
LOL. Now the real question still remains when this will actually air.

This will air slightly before the Second Coming.

The second coming of what, Jesus?
AichiroNov 7, 2013 4:54 PM
Nov 9, 2013 12:48 PM

Sep 2011
If this is true, very disappointing. I was most hyped about this.
Nov 9, 2013 5:35 PM

Apr 2012
I don't understand how this can be only 5 minutes per episode. I'd understand if the show was only a few episodes long but 5 minutes seems strange for an anime like this.
Nov 10, 2013 10:21 AM

Feb 2013
So... Is this totally untrue? *hopes* This was the anime I was most looking forward to this fall.
Nov 11, 2013 9:05 AM

Apr 2012
5 minutes? So it's like a horror/gore Inferno Cop?
*dissolves into disappointment*
Nov 11, 2013 1:36 PM
Mar 2012
jayvon said:
I don't think this is true. The article states..... "Evidently, Studio DEEN really was too busy with MeganeBu to make anything out of imouto horror story Pupa." Why would they spend more time on that crappy show when Pupa is more likely to make way more money? I dropped MeganBu within the first five minuets, I simply could not make it through the first episode.

Ugh, why people kept blaming Meganebu and forgot that DEEN is also still doing Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsugu to Keiji at the same time.

There is still no official news about this is actually going to be 5 minutes and even if it turns out to be true, it doesn't have any connection with DEEN is doing these two series at the moment. Animation studio isn't the one who decide the duration of a series unless they're also the IP holder.

Also, you should remember that "one's garbage is another's treasure". Each person has different taste.
melina_putriNov 11, 2013 1:44 PM
Nov 11, 2013 1:42 PM

Jun 2013
Well this sucks
Nov 11, 2013 6:19 PM

Oct 2012
hope this is fake info....
Nov 12, 2013 12:28 AM
Jun 2013
First "Savanna Game" anime dissappears from the earth without leaving a single trace and then, pupa becomes a 5-minute series, actually 3 minutes, Opening & ending are surely taking away 2 minutes, Im going to bed and when I wake up this horrible nightmare will end
Nov 12, 2013 5:39 AM

Jan 2012
Wow, that sucks. I heard the summary of the show and it seemed really exciting to me. So who-ever-it-was couldn't make this into a real series because he was working on a pandering reverse harem Free! knock off? Of all the BS.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2013 5:48 AM

Jan 2013
pauperunit said:
Such a shame.. really looked forward to this ;_;
Me too.. :(
no
Nov 12, 2013 6:18 PM
Nov 2010
You know it'd be safe to say crunchroll or anime news network would have picked this up by now considering seven style crunchyroll and anime news network all posted stories about the anime trailer around the same time . I think we would have saw something by now.
Getting depressed over an obviously biased news site is a bit silly
Nov 12, 2013 8:43 PM
Nov 2009
Well, then I guess Earth Star Entertainment didn't make a very smart choice cuz this thing is gonna b a money-maker unlike ur other short anime. Better use that cash u made 2 make this longer cuz dat's exactly how u make more cash. Well, then I'll b patiently w8ing 4 that time 2 come.
Nov 12, 2013 11:31 PM

Mar 2012
i was so hyped about this anime, and now i find out that is only 5 min! :'(
Nov 13, 2013 5:56 PM

Apr 2013
"too busy with meganebu" wut da fuark
Nov 13, 2013 6:19 PM

Feb 2012
thats absurd
Nov 16, 2013 2:52 PM
Feb 2012
My speculation that "pupa" will not be a 5-minute anime because of the manga...

We all know that "pupa" manga has now 4 volumes released and the final volume will be released next year on February and the anime has been pushed back to January of next year.

"Pupa" manga volume 1 has 7 chapters in it and many in the internet speculated that the manga has barely around 10 chapters.... but that's wrong (Maybe? Remember... this is only a speculation)

As I tried to get sources, I landed on Amazon and checked the number of pages per volume and this is what I saw:

Volume 1 - 235 Pages
Volume 2 - Not listed on the website
Volume 2 - 269 Pages
Volume 4 - 216 Pages

All of the volumes except Volume 2 (which has no listed number of pages), has almost the same number of pages ranging from 216 - 269 pages, so that means, per volume it has around 6 - 8 chapters, so if you total them all, you will get a range of 26 - 30 chapters. And if you also add the 5th and last volume you will have 35 chapters (this number of chapters... I have found them but I forgot the website where I found it.. or maybe in a promotional video of "pupa")

And if you convert those manga chapters into anime, it is possible to have a 24-minute 12 episodes... or maybe, even a 2-cour (22 - 26 episodes) anime.

I don't know about Studio Deen if they will be going to adapt the whole manga sries or only a partial cover of the series.

So I speculated that "pupa" anime is NOT a 5-minute anime...

Sources:
Amazon Japan
Manga Websites
Some Japanese websites

EDIT: This is the number of chapters per volume...

Volume 1 - Chapters 1 - 7
Volume 2 - Chapters 8 - 14

Chapters per volume is depicted in the raw scans of the first and second volume..... The raw scans for third and fourth volume is still not found... I'm trying to find them as soon as possible...
BEnriquezNov 16, 2013 8:17 PM
Nov 18, 2013 9:01 AM

Oct 2009
That fucking series gives me a reason to life, no matter that nobody didn't know when this will be aired or not or I fucking don't know already couse information about this series was unknown long time. So idk if can i commit suicide yet or not... Knowing life it will be that fucking 5 min. per episode in this freakin' January and bye. HELL YEAH. Very disappointed.

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Nov 18, 2013 8:40 PM
Oct 2012
It's not possible to squeeze the whole story in 5 minutes... I've seen the manga and it's most unlikely to be 5 minutes long!?
Nov 18, 2013 8:48 PM

Nov 2010
whitefoxz said:
It's not possible to squeeze the whole story in 5 minutes... I've seen the manga and it's most unlikely to be 5 minutes long!?
5 minute anime are anime where each episode is 5 minutes long. It could be 100s of episodes long.
Nov 19, 2013 1:59 AM

Sep 2008
Can't say I'm disappointed. I've only heard bad things about the manga.
Dec 20, 2013 1:09 AM

Aug 2012
So now it's even less then 5 mins but 3 mins?!?
Dec 21, 2013 11:21 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
renatan said:
WHAAAAT? I had enough of Hetalia being 5 minutes per episode. And now this? It looks so good :'( WHY WHYYYYYY.
These are the kind of anime I wouldn't mind watching with many episodes.
Incest or not, I don't care.

At least Hetalia has the excuse of being a (short) comic strip.

Not much content = short episodes.

Reminds me a bit of Senyuu which is another series of shorts.

I think comedy anime with only a light or wtfrandom plot, NEED to be shorts, otherwise they get stale and tedious to watch.

That said, Pupa seems pretty drama like, not comedy, so I'd say it's probably something to do with budget. Or lack thereof.

Dec 21, 2013 7:38 PM
Oct 2013
what a disappointment I see it on fall anime list and I get all exited cuz the storyline and horror genre the I fine its not going to be in fall, just today I fine out normal episodes start in January and its not even going to be 30 minutes long wat a waste of my anime browsing time. ;w;
Dec 21, 2013 8:56 PM
Dec 2013
Oh.... :(
Don't worry everyone!

Look at the Bright Side:
1) This series exists
2) The manga is still there to read
3) Episodes are free
4) Anime & Manga exist
5) There are many awesome series coming in the future
Dec 25, 2013 7:07 PM

Nov 2011
Official website info:
http://www.pupa-anime.com/news/archives/pupablu-raydvd.html

Apparently, 1 hour total with 12 episodes running 5 minutes each.
Dec 25, 2013 7:59 PM

May 2013
Thank god.
Dec 26, 2013 3:32 AM

Sep 2012
Manga main story has ended at chapter 32. At least one side story chapter left next month. Beautiful, amazing ending, I hope the anime can give the essence of it at least, very important they end it right!
Dec 26, 2013 5:22 AM

Jan 2010
Awwwww....5 min..*sighh*..why they can't make it 10min? ;A;

Dec 26, 2013 2:04 PM

Oct 2010
Facepalm.

I guess a 24 minute per episode anime of a quality series was too much to ask for from Studio DEEN. If they aren't even bothered to spend a little time on worthwhile stuff, then I can't be bothered to waste my time watching their seasonal ripoffs of overused anime plot genres. This season - generic anime about two girls doing things related with school. No thank you, Sakura Trick.
Dec 26, 2013 2:07 PM

Dec 2010
There isn't enough story in Pupa to animate it with 24 min per episode... lol.

The manga is weird. It took a really odd route.
Dec 26, 2013 3:09 PM

May 2013
HowTragic said:
This season - generic anime about two girls doing things related with school. No thank you, Sakura Trick.
Yeah, what the fuck happened? They used to make mature chinese cartoons for mature people such as ourselves, not this moeshit. Anime can only be considered good if they're at least 20 years old, I miss those times, not this fucking moeshit, I am an adult with a passionate taste for mature cartoons.

http://i.imgur.com/igJhJrx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1ppNfHX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DOxdldw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5qBe3j8.jpg

Thank you, DEEN.
Dec 26, 2013 3:21 PM

Dec 2012
HowTragic said:
Facepalm.

I guess a 24 minute per episode anime of a quality series was too much to ask for from Studio DEEN. If they aren't even bothered to spend a little time on worthwhile stuff, then I can't be bothered to waste my time watching their seasonal ripoffs of overused anime plot genres. This season - generic anime about two girls doing things related with school. No thank you, Sakura Trick.

I'm quite sure they are very upset that you are not going to illegally watch their stuff.

I bet they are throwing tables right now due to frustration and sadness over your decision. If only you can change your mind, how tragic.
Dec 26, 2013 3:22 PM

Sep 2012
Pknoctis said:
There isn't enough story in Pupa to animate it with 24 min per episode... lol.

The manga is weird. It took a really odd route.
I assume you've read all 32 chapters released in Japanese, not just the few which have been unofficially translated, right?

You realize that there are 5 volumes of pupa done, which is getting 12x5 minutes of anime while Sakura Trick has 3 volumes done. Right? And it's all Studio Deen's fault, even though they are just paid to animate it.

Please actually check things before you post.
hpulleyDec 26, 2013 3:27 PM
Dec 26, 2013 6:42 PM

Feb 2013
there is no hope anymore, and it took me almost 2 months to know about it which is even worse
Dec 27, 2013 10:16 AM

Mar 2013
How I imagine this choice went down:

All the Studio Deen guys are sitting around their office table brainstorming how to troll the general populace. The hotshot lead animator comes up with the brilliant plan to spread false information that the episodes will only be 5 minutes in length.

Suddenly from a remote corner of the room, an intern that nobody ever pays attention to shyly suggests that they make the actual anime 5 minutes in length.

The room falls silent.

Right before the intern can say that he was just kidding, a single audible clap echoes through the room. This is followed by another, and another, and another. The claps reach a crescendo as everyone is now standing up and maddly clapping. The male co-workers start beating their chests and emitting guttural roars as all of their once flacid members stand erect; the women tear off their clothes shrieking as they fight to the death to be the mate of the surprised intern.

This went on for a week and the intern was elected to be their new god-king.

Long story short; saying ridiculous things in Studio Deen gets you layed.
Dec 27, 2013 10:29 AM

May 2013
aLooser said:
How I imagine this choice went down:

All the Studio Deen guys are sitting around their office table brainstorming how to troll the general populace. The hotshot lead animator comes up with the brilliant plan to spread false information that the episodes will only be 5 minutes in length.

Suddenly from a remote corner of the room, an intern that nobody ever pays attention to shyly suggests that they make the actual anime 5 minutes in length.

The room falls silent.

Right before the intern can say that he was just kidding, a single audible clap echoes through the room. This is followed by another, and another, and another. The claps reach a crescendo as everyone is now standing up and maddly clapping. The male co-workers start beating their chests and emitting guttural roars as all of their once flacid members stand erect; the women tear off their clothes shrieking as they fight to the death to be the mate of the surprised intern.

This went on for a week and the intern was elected to be their new god-king.

Long story short; saying ridiculous things in Studio Deen gets you layed.
And then they spend all their budget (at least the one they have left) in Sakura Trick kisses while whiny kids cry over some pseudo-incest story with gore pandering to 10 year old edgy children.

Thank you, DEEN.
Dec 27, 2013 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
Disappointing.
Dec 29, 2013 3:09 PM

Apr 2012
The decision to make an anime this soon was stupid to begin with as there is not enough material to be adapted into a full one cour show.
Dec 29, 2013 3:33 PM

Sep 2012
Durbikins said:
The decision to make an anime this soon was stupid to begin with as there is not enough material to be adapted into a full one cour show.
Oh, I see. And you know this because you've read 7 out of the 32 (THIRTY TWO) chapters of Pupa which fill 5 (FIVE) volumes of manga, eh? Are you sure you should be commenting on things you know very little about?
Dec 30, 2013 2:43 AM
Aug 2012
5 mins...? I don't expect much now. =(
Dec 30, 2013 8:27 AM

Aug 2011
I'm surprised so many people are willing to believe that article at SeventhStyle. They provide zero evidence as to why it's going to be a 5 minute anime, except for some rumours that were floating around the internet. I am not ruling out the possibility, but this hasn't even been confirmed yet; or else ANN or Crunchyroll or some other, proper news site would jumped on it. Not only that, the official sources would have probably announced it first.
Dec 30, 2013 8:33 AM

Sep 2012
Laciie said:
I'm surprised so many people are willing to believe that article at SeventhStyle. They provide zero evidence as to why it's going to be a 5 minute anime, except for some rumours that were floating around the internet. I am not ruling out the possibility, but this hasn't even been confirmed yet; or else ANN or Crunchyroll or some other, proper news site would jumped on it. Not only that, the official sources would have probably announced it first.
That's old news... you need to read all the posts before commenting, not just the first one. It has been officially confirmed as 12x5=60 minutes total by the site:
http://www.pupa-anime.com/news/archives/pupablu-raydvd.html
時間 60分
●全12話収録
Duration: 60 minutes
All 12 episodes.

There you go.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pupa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2014

387 by paocmanteiga »»
9 hours ago

» Is Pupa bad because of it's abhorrent themes or was it simply just horribly made?

timboy - Mar 23, 2021

14 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jan 7, 8:54 AM

» [Long] Pupa: a solid 6/10

Barusamikosu - Dec 30, 2023

4 by -DxP- »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:35 AM

Poll: » Pupa Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

295 by ruanstarace »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:37 PM

Poll: » Pupa Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 30, 2014

95 by Z3NITH4L »»
Nov 22, 2023 3:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.