Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 4, 2013 9:03 AM
Nov 4, 2013 11:03 AM

Sep 2011
enjoyable episode but i think the way some of the characters are acting is a bit over dramatic for the situations they are in

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 4, 2013 6:19 PM

Apr 2012
I am so in love with Akatsuki and this anime <3
Nov 5, 2013 2:57 AM
Aug 2013
Great anime. Love the characters :D Would like to see more of their past when they were in Debauchery Tea Party. That ending for ep 5. Can't wait for next ep :) I think i might enjoy this one more than sao (I hope so atleast).
Nov 5, 2013 3:48 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

taj69 said:
invention of cooking followed by the invention of slavery. Humanity doesn't change even in a game.

Humanity as such has its own peculiarities essential! ^^"

Leaving the technicalities, the characters proving to little understanding of such things! XD
The fact that the character design is minimalist is one thing, but this is not about how to finish them a little better!
Graphics aside, the rest is pleasant characters that have yet to demonstrate with their undoubted peculiarities.
Plot that closed an arc, a foretaste of the beginning of a new arc with new characters, I'm happy! : D
Color design is not exactly exciting.
With a full belly you play better ... ASD
Nov 5, 2013 7:03 AM
May 2013
Love this episode that they explain in detail on how to make a food with taste on it and even the NPC's
And yeah, the score just keeps rising every week keep it up.
Nov 5, 2013 7:50 AM

Sep 2012
I have the feeling that NPC becoming sentient is going to be a key development in this series....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 5, 2013 8:04 AM

May 2010
For the moment, it looks better than SAO in my opinion (i don't really liked SAO).

Hope it will continue like that!
Nov 5, 2013 8:41 AM

Oct 2012
Great food and great Akatsuki scene ^^
Good episode, hope Shiroe will beat that mean guild master next time ^^
Nov 5, 2013 10:18 AM

Mar 2013
Ya I'am liking this series alot more than SAO so far, probably the big surprise of the season for me.

Nov 5, 2013 12:38 PM
Mar 2013
Ok i got over Shiroes class and glasses but still like Kirito more. But there are two things that really grinds my gears, it's how Nyanta talks, i know that he is a cat-man or something like that but it annoys me how he ends almost every if not every sentence with Nya. But other than that i don't see any problems with Log Horizon. Serara is really cute tho. Akatsuki>Serara>Marielle>Naotsugu>Shiroe>The rest, so far.
Nov 5, 2013 2:00 PM

Mar 2012
Dam that guild is making kids do all the work, let's see if Shiroe will find out and help em out.
Nov 5, 2013 5:58 PM

Jun 2012
Damn that ending theme seems to move me even more every time I hear it.

Barion-Zara said:
I'm still wondering when they'll try to investigate why their stuck in their though. Isn't it a bit abnormal to not care at all and just live normally like that O_o?
Psh, that's what I'd do. I'd be having a blast in this world... if I could I'd make a new level 1 character and just solo it for a while, then build up a party like Debauchery Tea Party and explore the world... maybe build a ship and form a pirate crew. :P That's basically my life's dream right there. Sure one day my body would probably just die, but then I'd have died in a fantasy /post-apocalyptic world, who doesn't want that?

-ShadowClaw- said:
Great episode as always 4 members have been introduced another 4 are left to be seen 3 of which have already been foreshadowed so they should be in the group by next week yeah :)
You mean 3 have been introduced, right? Nyanta, Naotsugu, and Shiroe... or am I missing someone?
Or are you talking about their new party judging by the opening / spoilers from the light novels?
HalibelTheEspadaNov 5, 2013 6:04 PM
Nov 6, 2013 3:45 AM

Mar 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:
Damn that ending theme seems to move me even more every time I hear it.

Barion-Zara said:
I'm still wondering when they'll try to investigate why their stuck in their though. Isn't it a bit abnormal to not care at all and just live normally like that O_o?
Psh, that's what I'd do. I'd be having a blast in this world... if I could I'd make a new level 1 character and just solo it for a while, then build up a party like Debauchery Tea Party and explore the world... maybe build a ship and form a pirate crew. :P That's basically my life's dream right there. Sure one day my body would probably just die, but then I'd have died in a fantasy /post-apocalyptic world, who doesn't want that?

-ShadowClaw- said:
Great episode as always 4 members have been introduced another 4 are left to be seen 3 of which have already been foreshadowed so they should be in the group by next week yeah :)
You mean 3 have been introduced, right? Nyanta, Naotsugu, and Shiroe... or am I missing someone?
Or are you talking about their new party judging by the opening / spoilers from the light novels?

It really isnt a spoiler ifu type log horizon and see some of the images it shows there are 8 people in the group which are Shiroe, Naotsugu, Nyanata and Akatsuki which we know already the twins which were shown here and the one one with the long pig tail hair who the boy twin was helping carrying her when they were walking in the rain and than after those 3 there is another who is a blonde guy , they in total make up 8 characters which will form the log horizon team it isnt really spoiler since you can find images of all 8 of them just by typing the series name log horizon go check it out yourself
Nov 6, 2013 4:14 AM

Nov 2012
awesome episode..
akatsuki is so cute like always..
and,, I really wonder with nyanta.. the guy I mean.. lol :3

hope shiroe will help those kids :3
Nov 6, 2013 4:46 AM

Jun 2011
What's the deal with everyone comparing this to SAO after every goddamn epsiode? Come on people, judge the show on its own merits, not on some relative scale where SAO sets the reference point. The only thing similar is the "trapped in a game world" setting, just about everything else is different. /rant

Rant aside, I'm really liking where this is headed. The focus is more on morality in a world where people don't die, and everything is virtual. Not that it's breaking any new ground, but the execution so far is quite good. Just goes to show that all you need is a good cast and proper execution for an anime to be enjoyable.
Nov 6, 2013 12:17 PM

Dec 2009
I am actually somewhat intrigued in what kinda way the "Apocalypse" effected the NPC's.
Nov 6, 2013 9:10 PM

Jun 2012
-ShadowClaw- said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
-ShadowClaw- said:
It really isnt a spoiler ifu type log horizon and see some of the images it shows there are 8 people in the group which are Shiroe, Naotsugu, Nyanata and Akatsuki which we know already the twins which were shown here and the one one with the long pig tail hair who the boy twin was helping carrying her when they were walking in the rain and than after those 3 there is another who is a blonde guy , they in total make up 8 characters which will form the log horizon team it isnt really spoiler since you can find images of all 8 of them just by typing the series name log horizon go check it out yourself
I wasn't saying it was spoilers, I was just asking which group you were talking about; I thought you meant Debauchery Tea Party at first. And I was asking if what you said was either speculation based off of say the opening, or if it was something from the light novels. Sorreh, didn't mean to accuse you of anything, was just trying to take up less space with my post.

I usually try not to pay too much attention to what happens in anime openings, or even Googling just because I'm incredibly prone to spoiling myself, and occasionally too good at reading into things for my own good.
HalibelTheEspadaNov 6, 2013 9:21 PM
Nov 6, 2013 9:57 PM

Jul 2012
Show is awesome. Loving Nyanta as a character as well as his design.

Though was an episode that mostly went over how to make good tasting food really necessary?
Nov 7, 2013 12:51 AM

Mar 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
Ok i am finally convinved this series is without a doubt Awesome

its the first series i have actually seen that really captures the MMORPG feel

Hmm i think i finally have noticed the pattern of the storyline in this series at least for now. they seem to be focusing on moral siituations they come across. quite an interesting subject mind you especially when it comes to determine what is right and what is wrong especially there in the game world

All in All i am so happy they found and picked this series and thats it cour long yes :). The only thing i regret is when i initally tought that this was going to be another SAO clone, i am so ashamed i should have followed dont judge by a book by its cover, but i didn't not a mistake il do again or at least try not

5/5 Keep it up i am looking forward for more

i completely agree with you man, I went into this thinking it was SAO clone, but definetely not and good in its own way
Nov 7, 2013 11:42 PM
Mar 2009
Shiroe doesn't miss a thing. Seems like he's figured out the NPC's are acting a lot more like real humans and that Tohya and Minori are in trouble.

The whole age discussion was pretty funny though. Really want to know what Serara and Nyanta are like in the real world.

Looks like next week's episode is going to be about Shiroe contemplating about saving Tohya and Minori? I really hope that doesn't take an entire episode...

So...if NPC's are actually real life people in this world, that would mean quite a few have already been murdered by unwary players. Wow, that sucks.
Nov 8, 2013 6:32 AM
Aug 2012
There's a whole world of psychological dilemmas that don't even get brought up. In this case SAO did a better job at describing the panic of being trapped in another world as well as giving us viewers a more emotional connection.

Though I must say I do like the main protagonist of this series a lot more. He's the only one keeping this anime alive for me as well as the story. I really can't stand the jokes or most other characters... Their personalities are black/white and the usual cliché dialogues occur. There is potential for improvement as the plot develops, but as of now it looks like a standard shounen slugfest.
Nov 8, 2013 11:11 AM

Mar 2011
Warutsu said:
There's a whole world of psychological dilemmas that don't even get brought up. In this case SAO did a better job at describing the panic of being trapped in another world as well as giving us viewers a more emotional connection.

This shit again? Log Horizon isn't an spin-off neither a sequel to that anime. They don't die in the game, they don't have to hit the maximum level or stuff and they don't need to be "Oh my God, I'm trapped!", they're just having fun playing the game and eating delicious food.
Nov 8, 2013 11:58 AM

Jun 2013
Warutsu said:

But would you really panic that much though. I mean it's not like SAO when they knew they were lying unconscious at home with a literal execution device on their heads. Here they have just transported into a game world which they used to play with a mouse and keyboard. They also run no risk of dying.

Since they have no idea how they got there or how to get out pretty much all they can do is wait and maybe try to research a way out. Since life is so easy and there is no consequence from death the danger comes from boredom. Something which the show features pretty well.

It may be true that SAO did a better job with the psychology but SAO also had a much easier setup. The "Death Game" template that SAO uses has been done a million times before so the psychological reactions have already been well explored. It is only natural that a more original setup like LH struggles with this aspect since it doesn't have an as clear template to draw from. I still think it does a pretty decent job though and personally I enjoy seeing something new(ish). Even if it hasn't been perfected yet.
Nov 9, 2013 2:38 AM

Mar 2013
an episode a little bit less interesting than the others, but funny.
Nyanta is pretty cool. ^o^

"An Eye for an Eye, a Tooth for a Tooth, and Evil for Evil."

Nov 9, 2013 4:11 AM
Aug 2012
Frezlaj said:
Warutsu said:

This shit again? Log Horizon isn't an spin-off neither a sequel to that anime. They don't die in the game, they don't have to hit the maximum level or stuff and they don't need to be "Oh my God, I'm trapped!", they're just having fun playing the game and eating delicious food.

I didn't claim it to be a spin-off or a sequel to SAO. It's a similar genre though, so obviously one would make comparsions. Eventhough both are very mediocre.

If I place you in an mmorpg and you are unable to logout, the last thing you will be thinking about is having fun imo.

Natr1x said:

But would you really panic that much though. I mean it's not like SAO when they knew they were lying unconscious at home with a literal execution device on their heads. Here they have just transported into a game world which they used to play with a mouse and keyboard. They also run no risk of dying.

Since they have no idea how they got there or how to get out pretty much all they can do is wait and maybe try to research a way out. Since life is so easy and there is no consequence from death the danger comes from boredom. Something which the show features pretty well.

It may be true that SAO did a better job with the psychology but SAO also had a much easier setup. The "Death Game" template that SAO uses has been done a million times before so the psychological reactions have already been well explored. It is only natural that a more original setup like LH struggles with this aspect since it doesn't have an as clear template to draw from. I still think it does a pretty decent job though and personally I enjoy seeing something new(ish). Even if it hasn't been perfected yet.

Yes, this is a more reasonable explanation.
Nov 9, 2013 6:46 AM

Jan 2013
That eating scene was disgusting :S
Nov 9, 2013 12:26 PM

Oct 2013
great episode!

Nov 9, 2013 10:49 PM

May 2010
Serara being her extra-cute self <3 Shiroe loves kids, doesn't he?

Yes, it's start of new adventure! Let's call it slave arc or something.

Another amazing episode
Nov 10, 2013 5:01 AM

Jun 2013
This was a very cute and funny episode, but it still had some nicely handled drama in it! :)
Nov 11, 2013 8:37 PM

Jun 2011
Finally some real food that taste!! :)

At the end there, I want Shiroe to save them so much!!! UGHGHHHH!!! Poor kids..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 12, 2013 5:04 AM

Sep 2008
I'm really getting into this anime now. I think the pacing has improved.

I feel like there's something a lot darker in this anime that it's not telling us. All of the people of the land are suspicious.
Nov 12, 2013 5:29 AM

Jul 2009
First of all: It's an awesome anime!! *-*

I like most of the characters (especially the cat x3) and I don't know it's just cool!
It reminds me of .hack//Sign (and nooo not of SAO 'cuz Hack was way before SAO and much better... you should watch it!) though it's not as dark as .hack//Sign was (not yet ;p)

I like the way they show how things work now that it's their real world and all. And I like how they fight with awesome strategies and their skills even have cooldown! :'D

And wow, the NPCs have either a reaaally good AI or the Apocalypse did "something" to them :o
Oh and I love Shiroe's "dark side" like when he smirks all evil xD
Nov 12, 2013 9:36 AM

Oct 2011
I agree that I feel like there is something darker underneath the surface of the show, maybe related to the NPCs. I feel like the show is really starting to get going now that Shiroe and co. have brought Serara back to her guild.
Dec 8, 2013 4:18 AM
Mar 2013
glasses fidget count: 4

total so far: 32
Dec 12, 2013 2:40 AM

Oct 2012
Ah it's nice to see them ate some good foods (good taste I mean)
Serara is in love.. Too cute I can't handle it xD

NPC still a human afterall.. But they're non player
In short all of them just ordinary person/humans

Guild, I just remembered guild in Fairy Tail
There are dark guilds who.. Well, did bad things other people or did the guild members

Next ep, Shiroe will do "bad" things to those twins' guild master xD
"Signature removed"
Dec 27, 2013 5:27 AM

Jan 2013
This show can build up tension without action! I hope to see more of the twins, I want Shiro to help them. I feel sorry for them, being slaves and stuff...

It's funny how I enjoy all MMORPG-Shows (ok, not all, I didn't like .hack//SIGN) even though I don't even like MMORPGs xD
Jan 3, 2014 12:48 AM
Nov 2010
Yay! They can taste food now! Thanks to Nyanta.

Shiroe's philosophical view on the players being abnormal was very interesting. Love that concept.
Jan 7, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2013
Marow said:
Log Horizon manages to capture the right spirit when it comes to MMOs <3

hehe yup
Jan 24, 2014 6:23 PM

Sep 2012
FINALLY FOOD IS OF TASTE AND FLAVOR,

god could only imagine for 20 something episodes watching them eat dry ass food.lul
Feb 3, 2014 9:13 PM
Aug 2012
Serara is too cute. awesome voice acting
Feb 4, 2014 10:59 PM

Jan 2013
PrinceJ said:
Serara is too cute. awesome voice acting

I think she sounds annoying and weird,the character would be okay if they changed the voice actor o.O
Feb 9, 2014 7:36 PM

Mar 2008
Serara is friggin' cute. I am loving all her scenes with Nyanta. Hope to see more of her!!
Feb 11, 2014 3:47 AM

Oct 2013
they could just leave the guild right?
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 17, 2014 2:04 PM

Jan 2011
They could, if they weren't in the field i guess. Either you actually have to be in a city (like you can only add someone when you can talk to them etc.), or it simply isn't safe, those guys don't look all that friendly..
Feb 19, 2014 12:26 PM

Aug 2013
All these guilds seem like just a bunch of assholes.
My Candies:
Feb 23, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
So they finally found a way to eat normal food! xD

I really wanna know how their Debauchery Tea Party (such a wild name :P ) got disbanded.

I wonder what happened between the little boy and Shiroe. Maybe he think that because he joined a guild, Shiroe will be deceived?

Also, it's cool to know that the PNJ now have a real personnality. I'm sure it will have an impact on later episode (like in one of the earlier episode, there was a gang robbing PNJs).
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 30, 2014 7:42 AM

May 2012
Good tasting food and those twins, well I wonder when they'll meet up!
Apr 1, 2014 8:32 AM

May 2013
Poor minori and tohya
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 1, 2014 4:36 PM

Jul 2013
Glad that they can actually make food that can they taste.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.