Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2013 10:03 PM

Jun 2012
As the title says, comedy would make me enjoy it more, but I'm trying to find some good romance animes since it's really one of the few genre's I don't watch much.

Also no clannad please, I absolutely killed myself with that one considering I read ALL the spoilers concerning it one day.

Serial lurker
Oct 29, 2013 10:10 PM

Jul 2013
Tasogare Otome X Amnesia
Nogisaka Haruka no Himitsu
Nazo no Kanojo X
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Kokoro Connect
Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers
Onegai Teacher (watch the OVA)
Shuffle!
Yoake Mae Yori Ruriiro na: Crescent Love
Oct 30, 2013 5:02 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Kokoro Connect
Imagine being a psychologist with supernatural powers. Imagine your test subjects being 5 high school students. And then applying your supernatural powers to make the students switch bodies randomly or act out on true desires. I found this anime a bit unpredictable because of that. This series is really good!
My Rating 10/10

Kaichou wa Maid-sama
This shounen romantic comedy felt unpredictable to me, as Usui being a badass did things I didn't think he would do.
My Rating 9/10

Maou-sama
This is a different romantic comedy, where a demon lord and a hero find themselves in Japan and try living a normal life. Possible second season.
My Rating 9/10

Hagani
A bit ecchi for me, very funny though. If you don't mind some fanservice, this anime is for you.
My Rating 8/10

Chuunibyou
The anime goes into the idea of 8th grade syndrome, when a person would do imaginary things, such as be a wizard, in high school. Very good anime with a second season coming out in the winter season
My Rating 9/10

HenNeko
Our two lead characters have had their personality switched, and now they are trying to get it back. This isn't hentai, even though it says it in the name.
My Rating 8/10

Kimi ni Todoke
Sukitte Ii na yo
Both are super similar in the idea that the main lead goes from being unpopular to being loved by the hottest guy in school. Kimi ni Todoke is shounen and funnier while Sukitte Ii na yo focuses more on the drama. Both are really good
My Rating 9/10

Sakurasou
Another good romantic comedy, students living in the "Bum" dorms get their lives changed when Shiina Mashiro comes.
My Rating 9/10

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Tonari is a romantic comedy in where both characters know they like each other, but have other priorities
My Rating 8/10

OreGairu
Three students start helping other students out... but two of the students prefer being a loner and hates other people. Good psychological anime
My Rating 9/10

Airing
Golden Time
Written by the same person who wrote Toradora, it is about the college life

Outbreak Company
Romantic comedy I think? Too early in the season, but still funny.

I still have more Romantic Comedies, but i think this list is fine.
Sorry if some of these are on one of your list, I just copied and pasted this from another person who was asking for more romantic comedies
Oct 30, 2013 5:08 AM

Aug 2012
Paradise Kiss
Oct 30, 2013 5:10 AM
Dec 2010
Check out White Album 2. It's shaping to be the best romance anime ever.
Oct 30, 2013 9:01 AM
Sep 2007
you may want to try the following

True Tears
Toradora
Da Capo (later half at least)
Iriya no Sora, UFO no natsu
Bakemonogatari
DCII 2nd season (forget about 1st season of DCII)
Oct 30, 2013 9:39 AM

Jun 2012
scytheavatar said:
Check out White Album 2. It's shaping to be the best romance anime ever.

This!
Oct 30, 2013 9:50 AM

Jan 2011
Steins;Gate
Oct 30, 2013 9:59 AM

Feb 2013
smth that might make you cry
ef a tale of memories (rly dramatic romances it focuses on 2 pairs)
ef a tale of melodies (same as season 1 it has like every ep 50 % 1 pair 50% 2nd pair)
5 centimeter per second (read the manga an watched the anime, the manga is 5 times better and both made me nearly cry)

romance + comedy
kokoro connect (rly rly nice story, it had nice romance rly enjoyed it)
toradora (the mother of rom coms)
world god only knows (not a romance with a pair, its more 1 guy has to conquer many girls)
baka to test (funny as hell school system)
boku wa tomodachi

other:
spice and wolf (is more that they have a deep affection to each other but its well made)
bakemonogatari (rly weird, has a romance, but too less romance for my taste hope there will come more 3rd season)
steins gate (more focused on the sci fi story)
true tears (also a good romance, liked it)
sola (its smth i didnt expect after watching the opening XD

romances i know and didnt watch or didnt enjoy
kimi ni todoke
maid sama
nana
smooki91Oct 30, 2013 10:03 AM
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Oct 30, 2013 9:01 PM
Oct 2013
Ai Yori Aoshi: excellent romance story (IMO). There's lots of comedy and harem elements to it. If you don't like those, don't worry, it doesn't really interfere with the romance

Kaichou wa Maid Samma

Sword Art Online: there's much more to this anime than the romance, but the romance is also very strong - really good anime.

Inuyasha: this show gets a deservedly bad rap for spending the last 40 or so episodes of the original show doing a whole lot of nothing, particularly with its main characters and their relationship, but for the first 120 episodes (and overall) it is a wonderful romance story, both in the sense of being a love-story and in the sense of creating a wonderful magical world to immerse yourself in (and the final act gives it a proper, even if rushed, ending.
Oct 30, 2013 10:20 PM

Mar 2012
Kanon (2006) (really good but quite similar to Clannad)

Tasogare Otome X Amnesia (amazing)

School Days (no I'm not a troll this is serious recommendation)

ef: A Tale of Memories. (I found it kinda hard to follow maybe because of all the stories or that I kept watching romance anime back to back either way entertaining and people usually rave about it)

Mahou Sensei Negima! (watched this one so long ago lol I remember it being rather harem-y and sometimes the romance comes at like the worse timing or maybe I just hate the character that had bad timing anyways was entaining and worth a shot)

Shuffle! (ecchi ecchi ecchi)

B Gata H Kei (plot is wtf but quite a solid show, lots of ecchi in this one)
Oct 30, 2013 10:40 PM

Aug 2013
Zelot120 said:
Kokoro Connect
Imagine being a psychologist with supernatural powers. Imagine your test subjects being 5 high school students. And then applying your supernatural powers to make the students switch bodies randomly or act out on true desires. I found this anime a bit unpredictable because of that. This series is really good!
My Rating 10/10

Kaichou wa Maid-sama
This shounen romantic comedy felt unpredictable to me, as Usui being a badass did things I didn't think he would do.
My Rating 9/10

Maou-sama
This is a different romantic comedy, where a demon lord and a hero find themselves in Japan and try living a normal life. Possible second season.
My Rating 9/10

Hagani
A bit ecchi for me, very funny though. If you don't mind some fanservice, this anime is for you.
My Rating 8/10

Chuunibyou
The anime goes into the idea of 8th grade syndrome, when a person would do imaginary things, such as be a wizard, in high school. Very good anime with a second season coming out in the winter season
My Rating 9/10

HenNeko
Our two lead characters have had their personality switched, and now they are trying to get it back. This isn't hentai, even though it says it in the name.
My Rating 8/10

Kimi ni Todoke
Sukitte Ii na yo
Both are super similar in the idea that the main lead goes from being unpopular to being loved by the hottest guy in school. Kimi ni Todoke is shounen and funnier while Sukitte Ii na yo focuses more on the drama. Both are really good
My Rating 9/10

Sakurasou
Another good romantic comedy, students living in the "Bum" dorms get their lives changed when Shiina Mashiro comes.
My Rating 9/10

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Tonari is a romantic comedy in where both characters know they like each other, but have other priorities
My Rating 8/10

OreGairu
Three students start helping other students out... but two of the students prefer being a loner and hates other people. Good psychological anime
My Rating 9/10

Airing
Golden Time

Outbreak Company

Sorry if some of these are on one of your list, I just copied and pasted this from another person who was asking for more romantic comedies

+1

and try

Toradora
ano matteru
Lovely Complex
Soranomanimani
Oct 30, 2013 11:17 PM

Jun 2013
I scanned threw what others recommended and here are some I like that they didn't say.

Ouran High School Host Club ( Very funny )
Angel Beats (Also very funny )
Bokura Ga Ita ( Meh cute )
Fruits Basket (Its more friendship than romance but its funny and worth watching )
Ginban Kaleidoscope
Earl and Fairy
Itzura Na Kiss
Peach Girl ( Abit cliché )
Skip Beat ( I loved this one, also love the Manga )
Speacial A
Vampire Knight ( Meh )
Honey and Clover ( Pretty cute )

These are all really good! Hope it helped!
WHAT IS THIS
Nov 3, 2013 9:04 PM

Jun 2012
Zelot said:
Kokoro Connect
My Rating 10/10

Kaichou wa Maid-sama
My Rating 9/10

Maou-sama
My Rating 9/10

Hagani
My Rating 8/10

Chuunibyou
My Rating 9/10

HenNeko
My Rating 8/10

Kimi ni Todoke
Sukitte Ii na yo
My Rating 9/10

Sakurasou
My Rating 9/10

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
My Rating 8/10

OreGairu
My Rating 9/10

Airing
Golden Time

Outbreak Company

Sorry about not replying for so long I have some things to do so I was busy for a bit, and sadly I've seen practically every anime you've listed, it was such a great list too. Thanks for the effort and I'll be sure to check out what I haven't seen.

Serial lurker
May 2, 2016 1:06 AM
Apr 2016
i think the best romance for me is golden time try it
May 19, 2016 11:40 PM
May 2016
pls suggest any good romatic comedy anime with good ending
May 20, 2016 2:58 AM

May 2016
So far this is what I watched....

Lovely Complex(10/10) - Very good Romantic and Comedy Anime
There are many sad scenes where the boy rejects the girl
It has a good ending.And you will definitely laugh for the boy's
Idiotness. Boy and Girl had a happy ending

Nana(9/10)- More drama and and realistic. The ending was sad
Cause its an open ending . But If you read the manga you will
Know how it ends.

Kids on the Slope (10/10) -A masterpiece even it is only 12 episodes.
Has a good ending and if you read the manga..it will be sure better
Ending :) Boy and Girl had a happy ending

This is my top 3 romance drama anime

But if you like also:
Honey and Clover- slow pace of characters but good anime
BAKAYARO!
Jun 25, 2016 9:38 PM

May 2016
Dec 14, 2016 7:21 PM
Dec 2016
Mayo Chiki. Both the dub and the sub are good.

More topics from this board

» Hyouka alike protagonist containing shows?

AlwaysBiggerFish - 3 hours ago

0 by AlwaysBiggerFish »»
3 hours ago

» Short Series Recs (12-26 eps).

pludel2 - 11 hours ago

4 by M2zC »»
4 hours ago

» Romance Manga/Anime with chubby female love interest

Jhida - May 20, 2015

9 by JadaH23 »»
4 hours ago

» Looking for harem + ecchi + adventure

aizen_sosuke3162 - Yesterday

2 by Longnines »»
9 hours ago

» Looking for trash anime

Ashik01 - May 8

9 by tmoverbeck »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.