Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 24, 2021 11:57 AM

Nov 2018
gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
I didn't expect to cry from this series... Wow.

The Ren and Honoka segment was so great. It perfectly captured the wonder, kindness, and adventure of childhood friendship as well as the immense sadness that comes with it. When you're friendships are dependent on circumstance and specifically your parents these things are frail. It was so beautiful seeing the two meet and naturally gravitate to each other, Honoka must be one of the few kids as young as Ren is that she's gotten to see. In mere moments they were best friends. And while in the moment I did think the Ren face shot went on too long, it was pretty good in that it totally gave off the feeling of Ren not understanding what had happened. How could her new best friend be gone, like that? She was sucked away from her boredom sitting by the fan into a life of waking up early excited to see her and just like she came she was gone. When all that finally hit her and she started to cry and make the small but emotional noises she did I cried with her. It conveyed it all so well. And after a week of boredom by that fan again she finally got that letter and the amazement all came back. Just absolutely awesome.

I totally agree with every observation you've made!
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Jan 24, 2021 12:05 PM

Nov 2018
I was excited to notice that Hikage's eyes had the same shape as Renge's. However, she still resembles more to the eldest sister. I was wondering why Renge's hair has such a different colour from her sisters', though. Maybe it's a way to illustrate that she's different...

I think I should watch more episodes before driving a conclusion,but I have a feeling that Renge is that kind of person that doesn't easily show their emotions while they do have a sensitive heart.

Jan 25, 2021 4:10 AM

Dec 2011
KonokoAsada said:
I was excited to notice that Hikage's eyes had the same shape as Renge's. However, she still resembles more to the eldest sister. I was wondering why Renge's hair has such a different colour from her sisters', though. Maybe it's a way to illustrate that she's different...

Volume 5 of the manga has initial character designs in it. From the translated version of Renge's page:

I'm drawing her as a nice country girl, so black hair would probably fit nicely with that. If we can only show hair as white in the magazine, then I think silver works, too.

(odd that argument, given that Hotaru and Hikage - plus a few very minor characters - get drawn with black hair just fine)

then in a looking back segment:
Her final hair color is the result of a battle between my first editor, who suggested gold, and me, who wanted silver
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 25, 2021 12:24 PM

Nov 2018
kuuderes_shadow said:
KonokoAsada said:

Volume 5 of the manga has initial character designs in it. From the translated version of Renge's page:

I'm drawing her as a nice country girl, so black hair would probably fit nicely with that. If we can only show hair as white in the magazine, then I think silver works, too.

(odd that argument, given that Hotaru and Hikage - plus a few very minor characters - get drawn with black hair just fine)

then in a looking back segment:
Her final hair color is the result of a battle between my first editor, who suggested gold, and me, who wanted silver

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide me this information! I really appreciate it! 🌈🌞
Now that I know the reason why Renge's hair is different from her sisters' I realize there was no hidden meaning after all 😄.

Feb 3, 2021 8:26 PM

Nov 2018
this anime is a masterpiece
Feb 28, 2021 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
My God. Renge and Honoka are so cute.

Mar 15, 2021 6:40 AM
Aug 2020
Awesome boiiiii!!!
May 21, 2021 11:55 PM
Aug 2017
Damn, this anime is so good! I needed something like this when things are hectic irl.

Ren-chin crying was so sad! she really is just a kid despite the emotionless impression her face gives thats why I like her bruh shes so precious and also the VA did a very good job playing Rengge.
May 25, 2021 2:21 AM

Jun 2020
It's time for their summer break after they eat their school's watermelon Natsumi's face was hilarious

Renge's other sister came back didn't expect that to happen well since it was summer it was expected and she found a new friend while she's at it

Sadly she has to leave and they really took the time to build up that emotional scene for Renge I really felt bad for her but luckily she sent a letter and Renge got a chance to send one back that was nice I can slowly see how this series stands out.
Jul 15, 2021 1:28 AM

Dec 2016
I nearly cried with Renge at the end there.

What a sad moment that was.
Sep 22, 2021 7:43 AM
Aug 2021
Cute episode, cute story. Really felt that sad Renge moment, it was just to relatable. She do be getting up extra early, super-hyped up, thinking of other awesome places and fun things to do, but fate had played on them. Poor Renge.

but when the sad music plays and the camera literally just stopped at Renge's 0_0 face for like about 40 seconds, it also felt kinda awkward.

over-all, still a great episode. this anime does heals the lost and weary souls.
Cabbage_CatSep 22, 2021 7:47 AM
Dec 2, 2021 7:50 AM

Nov 2014
Best episode so far. I love how full of emotions that last half was.

Jan 20, 2022 1:16 AM

Jan 2019
I'm late here but this is such a great episode
Jan 21, 2022 1:11 AM

Sep 2020
Ufff, poor Ren-chan, no words, just emotion. A little bit heavy but still, she's adorbs.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Mar 4, 2022 12:29 PM

Mar 2019
I hate that grandmother. Who closes the door like that to a first-grader after telling her that the reason she was so excited and happy for suddenly disappeared... poor Renge :(

At least the ending was happy, but she has to wait a whole year until then! I really wonder if we're going to see her again.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 6, 2022 11:34 PM

Mar 2019
Renge absolutely melts my heart.
OωO
Mar 23, 2022 9:16 PM

Dec 2020
Man that was heart breaking. Must be hard living somewhere with hardly any people and wanting just to be around people your own age.
May 19, 2022 6:00 AM

Feb 2020
This episode was a screenshot heaven.

I'm happy for Renge because she made a new friend. She and Honoka had so much fun together.

Unfortunately, Honoka had to leave all of sudden. Poor Renge. But I'm sure they'll see each other again next year. <3

SerafosApr 19, 11:05 AM
Jun 10, 2022 5:01 AM

Apr 2018
This was such a beautiful episode, I almost cried.
Jun 26, 2022 11:03 PM
Nov 2020
Did not expect to tear up watching this episode. The feeling of missing and losing a friend is portrayed well. The long pause after the tears really did it for me. 5/5 episode!
Jul 16, 2022 8:29 PM
Jul 2022
really sweet and touching episode
Aug 28, 2022 7:35 AM

Jul 2021
Peak wholesomeness, peak cuteness, peak emotions and peak fiction.

I can already see this anime being a 10/10.

Excellent episode. 5/5.
TsutanaiFuunAug 28, 2022 7:40 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 22, 2022 11:54 PM

Aug 2020
Sweet episode. After a slow start, this season does seem to pick up with some amazing wholesomeness.
Dec 19, 2022 10:54 AM

Aug 2019
that was so cute and the renge face zoom in was so sad. renge is the best character in this series.
HiljainenSipuliDec 19, 2022 10:59 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2023 2:47 PM
Dec 2015
Wholesome episode :')
Gave me those reminisense from childhood when you meet a summer friend and have a good time for a brief moment, and then not seeing them in a long time or sometimes never again..
Anyway was a relief seeing them sending letters to each other. Very cute
Jan 16, 2023 8:23 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
What a sweet episode. Renge finally had a friend to play with that was her age. Seeing them run around, explore, and just being together really warmed my heart. Renge finally had a reason to be proud of where she lived. I was crushed to see Renge so sad that Honoka left early. She didn't deserve that. But at least she appears to have a pen pal now Honoka sent her the photo of them together. It was so sweet.

Overall, a very cute episode. I hope Renge can see Honoka again soon!
Jan 21, 2023 4:47 AM

Jul 2019
Yep, the shot of Ren-chon starting to cry made me cry as well. Just like last time. Great scene. I love the way she grabbed Nee-nee's leg and pulled herself closer, all excited.
Mar 17, 2023 12:20 PM
Jul 2017
Brought me back to being a little kid and hit me right in my feelers
Jun 7, 2023 7:20 PM

Aug 2019
Bro I'm out here just watching this show to feel better, why they gotta make me tear up like that 😭
Jul 25, 2023 12:17 PM

Jun 2021
Made me think of my childhood when my friends had to move away from town. I used to live in a small town with lots of hills and farmland. It's been gentrified since then.
Oct 16, 2023 11:51 PM
Oct 2023
Too slow of a series.
Nov 5, 2023 4:34 PM
Jul 2019
I don't like it when Ren is sad....cute episode though
Dec 13, 2023 11:41 PM

May 2019
What a lovely adventure, Renge showing her new friend around and taking photos of the amazing countryside. It turned out happy in the end, despite Honoka leaving early and Renge being sad. The letter was a great touch.
Jan 29, 9:10 PM
Jul 2021
Great episode. I felt for Renge through the whole 45 seconds she stood outside that door. It is very characteristic of early childhood where you befriend what seems to be the coolest person ever, only to have them suddenly disappear one random afternoon. Confusion and newfound heartbreak set in and the only thing you can really do is cry.

I'm happy that Renge got that picture though. Hope to see Honoka and Renge playing together again soon.
Mar 2, 7:01 PM

Jun 2019
Rewatching this again. This is probably the best episode from this franchise.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

263 by Lowsttt14 »»
Mar 30, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

192 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 12, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

157 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 11, 2:30 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2013

260 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 29, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2013

119 by skatensleep »»
Dec 19, 2023 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.